Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > disABILITIES!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2012, 04:33 AM   #166
disneymarie
Its a rumour about the donuts...
Can we play Nancy Drew?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovefairies View Post
When I booked with my travel agent, she said that she talked to "special needs" at WDW and was told that at All Star Sports, the rooms with the roll in shower have a king as well as two doubles. This was a shock to her and she was going to call back and talk to someone else to see if it's really true.

I'm just wondering if anyone has heard of this type of room...praying it's true and it's a new renovation.
Not sure about Sports, when I tried making reservations, it was a King, Dbl Dbl, or a King, Dbl in room. Nothing about a King and Dbl dble. That is how we use to go, with 4 and one disabled needed a bed their self.
Now it is a King, with a double bed offered for our family of 4 or we need to book the both rooms.

In March at the Pop, I had to book for King and attached dbl pay for 2 rooms. The talk at the hotel was there were rooms currently being renovated to be much as the Music with family suite.
Old 08-22-2012, 10:33 PM   #167
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

HA Villas at BLT

Can anyone tell me about the 2 bedroom villas at BLT? Do they have accessible 2 bedroom dedicated villas where all 3 bathrooms have roll-in showers and are fully wheelchair accessible?
bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2012, 03:54 AM   #168
loadsapixiedust
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle View Post
Can anyone tell me about the 2 bedroom villas at BLT? Do they have accessible 2 bedroom dedicated villas where all 3 bathrooms have roll-in showers and are fully wheelchair accessible?
The one we had last time had the roll-in shower in the master suite bathroom the other 2 bathrooms had a regular tub with shower over. We found this a little awkward as we were travelling with another couple who had the master suite and we used the second bedroom. It meant we had to use their bathroom for DS. I wish they had made the second bathroom accessible too. I'm sure there would be space to have a roll-in shower in there.

We much preferred the arrangement at Kidani where the master bathroom had a walk in shower and the second bathroom had a roll-in.

2 weeks October 1998 Quail Ridge Villa 3 weeks March/April 2002 Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista
3 weeks July 2005 Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista, Port Orleans French Quarter, Animal Kingdom Lodge
10 days August 2006 Royal Plaza in the WDW Resort 2 weeks October 2006 All Star Movies
2 weeks June 2007 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa 2 weeks Easter 2008 Cypress Pointe
2 weeks Dec 2008 Caribbean Beach & Port Orleans Riverside 2 weeks July 2009 Cypress Pointe Grandevillas
2 weeks Oct 2009 Coronado Springs 3 weeks July 2010 Port Orleans Riverside and Pop century
2 weeks June 2011 Bay Lake Tower & Kidani Village

June 2012 ~ Beach Club Villas * Vero Beach * Bay Lake Tower
unlucky 13th trip cancelled to make way for chemo - I'm pretty sure that will not be as much fun
loadsapixiedust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #169
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

loadsapixiedust - Yeah, I don't know why all 3 bathrooms in the villa aren't accessible. We just got off the phone and long story short, the only way to guarantee that we get at least two bathrooms with roll-in showers is to get either 2 HA 1-bedroom villas and request that they be adjoining or to get 1 deluxe studio and 1 1-bedroom villa (both fully HA) and request that they be adjoining. She said if you just ask for a 2 bedroom fully HA villa it would most like have 1 roll-in shower with the other 2 bathrooms having bath tubs. My grandma who will be with us doesn't need a roll-in shower but I definitely do. She could manage with a shower that has a little step up into it as long as she has grab bars.
bellepearle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #170
Glittercat
Mouseketeer

We stayed at POFQ in Dec. of 2011, non W/CH room. I have to say it was very hard to get chair over the doorframe, little space to turn around, but we managed. My husband had to pull me backwards over the threshold of the door as my wheels kept getting stuck when I pushed myself. The vanity area was fine in regards to height, but my chair is manual and small, so not sure it would work for all- also one cannot see in mirror to use the one over vanity. There was a mirror on the bathroom door which I availed myself of. The bathroom was inaccessible with chair. One of my legs works much of the time so I hopped or used the cane. Plenty of room to fold a chair, but I would advise getting an accessible room if mobility devices are to be used, and if given the choice staying at POFQ. ~Rebecca

Last edited by Glittercat; 09-07-2012 at 06:37 PM.
Glittercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #171
Glittercat
Mouseketeer

Captain Barbosa after viewing your pictures we will in future plan to stay at the Poly!
This trip we're staying at the Beach Club I've requested a wheelchair accessible room, Garden view, with bathtub and handrails. The roll in shower would not work well for us as sometimes I need baths for pain and swelling, plus the kids enjoy baths. Has anyone stayed in or seen a room such as this? Having a room I can get myself into and out of of will be such a treat, and I think make the vacation easier for my family! ~Rebecca

Glittercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #172
zaynee

Welcomed Guest

Beach club room

I will be staying in an accessible garden view with roll in shower for the first time. I am wondering how that room is.

This is my first time in an accessible room. I do know that the roll in shower rooms are on ground floor.

Can hardly wait for that Christmas spirit to come ... arriving after Thanksgiving.
zaynee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:26 PM   #173
candielips
DIS Veteran

Does anyone have any info on the wheelchair accessible rooms at Art of Animation, Little Mermaid rooms? Layouts?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #174
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Has anyone stayed in the std HA King room with tub option at the BWI? I understand that HA rooms are located all over the resorts but since in the description it says they are located in the Main Building and offer views of a garden, leisure pool or parking area I am wondering about what floors they may be on as 2nd floor is where the elevator to the Boardwalk is plus the Lobby and Belle Vue Lounge are and I would like to request the 2nd floor.

In March we had a WV HA room on the 3rd floor which was lovely but we did have to use 2 different elevators when heading down to the Boardwalk so 2nd floor would be so much more convienent. TIA

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
sjs314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:17 PM   #175
winnie1274
Earning My Ears

PC & AS rooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_duck View Post
Does anyone know if Pop Century has the double/double bed setup for the handycapped accessible room with the roll-in-shower?
the resorts have all been revamped. I know for sure that Pop Century & All Star Sports have both double/double with roll in showers & king/double with roll in shower. I will be staying in a king/double set up January 6th so that will be interesting to see how it turns out. You can now check availability of these rooms online & pick the set up that you like online. They have also added refrigerators to the rooms as well.
winnie1274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:24 PM   #176
winnie1274
Earning My Ears

DCL Dream room 8090

thought I would post a pic of room 8090 on the Dream all ready for bed time.
winnie1274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #177
goofgal31
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie1274 View Post
the resorts have all been revamped. I know for sure that Pop Century & All Star Sports have both double/double with roll in showers & king/double with roll in shower. I will be staying in a king/double set up January 6th so that will be interesting to see how it turns out. You can now check availability of these rooms online & pick the set up that you like online. They have also added refrigerators to the rooms as well.
I have booked the king/double set up for Febuary. I am a little conserned about how much space there is in the room though. Could you possibly take a pic or two to show the set up?
goofgal31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #178
KashaKasha
Earning My Ears

In the one bedroom villas in Bay Lake Tower, is the roll-in shower in the bathroom connected to the bedroom or the bathroom off the main living area? It looks like it might be in the one off of the bedroom from the Disney site.
Thanks!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:45 AM   #179
wheels on fire
Mouseketeer

Hi does anyone have up to date info for POfq as we go September i know booking states two queen beds and roll in shower.

i am in wheelchair full time my sn can walk a little and my daughter is fine.

also friend booking they ave tied together and put connecting room request ? is this possible sure read somewhere that is not

thank you
wheels on fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #180
disneymarie
Its a rumour about the donuts...
Can we play Nancy Drew?

I finally received an answer after not having my request fullfilled on three trip. I can make the request but it is not a quarntee. Depending on check outs there could be a problem. The example I was given if someone added days, they would not relocate them.

This was due to being placed in separate buildings with two special needs in separate rooms. They worked to get us in one building, on separate floors. Two days later we were able to be side by side, but had to give up one handicap room by sharing the roll in shower with connecting rooms.

It was stressful because I called several times to check on the rooms. Even did online check in with a call to let them know we were a late arrival. That may have played a part in the dilemma. Room request prior to our check in we're met first.

Last time in order to have perpetual care and be connected, we gave up accessable rooms. That was difficult. These problems were in the value rooms. The POR, we had two rooms, but the room was no where near anything. In the middle of nothing but brick buildings and an elevator at the far end of the building. I was use to small campus to navigate our special needs family.

Hope you have better luck.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: