Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Camping at Disney World
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-2006, 09:18 PM   #16
DisneyGirl928
Mouseketeer

Just wanted to say thank you for all of your responses... but the other day my DF and I ended up booking an extra night at POP so my vacation is now from the 11th to the 18th!! yay i am soo excited!
Old 07-24-2007, 03:09 PM   #17
BarleyJack
And a pirin tablet? Why? Are you afraid of my Guatemalan-ness?

1st time at FW in 20+ years

So.............we are finally going to DisneyWorld! We are avid campers, love to do it, but have never been camping in FL in the wintertime. We have booked a tent site at FW for 1/19-1/26 of '08 and while we are totally excited about it we really don't know what to expect. The CM on the phone asked if I had and preferences, I was like, ummmm could we be near Pioneer Hall? I had no idea what to request. I vaguely remember Pioneer Hall as a child, and have some memory of a boat trip to MK, but beyond that FW is totally foreign to me. Will we be comfortable in a tent in January? What loop is most convenient that is a basic site? Any info anyone could share will be greatly appreciated.
BarleyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2007, 10:36 PM   #18
Katie Dawn
DIS Veteran

BarleyJack,
I would like to you suggest that you start a new thread and ask the questions that you asked above. You will probably get more response that way.
(I'd help but don't know the answers to you questions!)
Good luck to you!

As you plan, remember... there's nothing magical about being exhausted.

January 2010 Trip to the World: Absolutely Wonderful! Thank You Disboards!
Katie Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:50 AM   #19
BigDaddyRog
Ask me about my cartoon pitch
I'm all Disney'd up feeling innocent and pure
Cut up and act like a clown while ya gotta chance to embarrass those that are forced to love you.

Wow...this thread is 11 months old on its latest post!!!! And its JUST finding its way to the camping boards!!!!

Tent camping at FtW is an incredible way to experience WDW!!! One NIGHT???? Maybe not....Id just cancel your reservation, and make the entire vacation at the fort......get a blow up matress for your tent, bring a small television and a folding chair...and you'll have more fun camping than hoteling it!!! I'll never willingly choose any other Disney resort over the fort for the rest of my Disney vacations.
BigDaddyRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:37 AM   #20
Millermouseketeers
DIS Veteran

Tent camping for one night before moving on to POR was how we became addicted to the fort. We now will not stay anywhere else!
Millermouseketeers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 09:20 AM   #21
2goofycampers
Sounds like something a camping trip could cure
Enjoy the beer and wine you will love it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyRog View Post
Wow...this thread is 11 months old on its latest post!!!! And its JUST finding its way to the camping boards!!!!

Tent camping at FtW is an incredible way to experience WDW!!! One NIGHT???? Maybe not....Id just cancel your reservation, and make the entire vacation at the fort......get a blow up matress for your tent, bring a small television and a folding chair...and you'll have more fun camping than hoteling it!!! I'll never willingly choose any other Disney resort over the fort for the rest of my Disney vacations.
the original post is almost 2 years old, they have been to WDW twice since this was made..

2goofycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 04:47 PM   #22
cddskj
Earning My Ears

My little family of 3 will be tent camping at Fort Wilderness for 2 weeks this December. We do camp quite a bit and have the needed gear but have not done any winter camping or for more than a week..much less after a long day at Disney! Just wondered if you had any useful tips for us since you guys were there last year. thanks so much! Excited to hear back from you.
cddskj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #23
Butterbunkins
Mouseketeer

We are doing it for two nights on our next trip. We tent camp all the time but this will be our first time at Disney. I think it's a great way to add inexpensive time to your trip.

We are driving down and will be camping along the way. But we aren't bringing our usual amount of camping gear. Just the tent, tarp, air mattress, bedding, hobo pie maker and hot dog stick.

I wouldn't pay too much attention to anyone saying it's too much work to set up a tent for one night. Any tent made in the last 20 years or so are incredibly easy to put up. Ours is so easy. It takes us no more than 20 minutes to set up the tent and bed. And time is spent setting up a site with a camper too. They just have different things to set up. You'll be fine! Have a blast!
1986 - offsite, 1988 - offsite, 1989 - DL, 1992 - BC, 1994 - offsite, 1997 - offsite, 1998 - PO (DL), 1999 - CS, 1999 - Cast Member, 2002 - BCV, 2003 - DL, 2004 - CB, 2008 - BWV, 2010 (Honeymoon) - BWV

Next trip: Nov. 2012 FW (tent) for 2 nights then BWV for 7 nights

Mr. and Mrs. Butterbunkins
Butterbunkins is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: