Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2003, 11:15 PM   #76
Luvinit
This is the place I come to to remind myself that life can still be happy with all the sadness in the world
The TF welcomes you to the DIS and thanks you for your generous offer, but the TF pay stinks!! ;)

Thanks for all of the GREAT tips!!!! I Finally got to BEAT my BIL!!! The look on his face when he saw my score was PRICELESS!!! I will NEVER tell my secert to him!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!

Inches Lost Since 5/20
Waist - 5.5 = 30"
Hips - 2 = 33"
Bust - 4 = 36"
Thighs - 2 = 20"
Total inches lost = 13.5
Luvinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2003, 08:07 AM   #77
dogg2727
Mouseketeer

To bad they don't take a picture at the end so you could get that priceless look. They take it at the 6 against one alien which I think was suppose to be smart planning but no one caught on. When the alien would say don't shoot, don't shoot, it is suppose to make everyone stop shooting and put their guns down so that when they took the picture, you could see a great picture of yourself. I just love this ride. Also check out my updated handbook that clearifies a little more and is all neat in one thread instead of bits and pieces.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=415089

<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'August 3, 2003 8:30:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=lime>Countdown To My Universal Studios MIB Ride Trip </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'hiphip horay im on my way';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>

Last edited by dogg2727; 08-02-2003 at 08:29 AM.
dogg2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2003, 08:58 PM   #78
loko123
Earning My Ears

when you guys say not to let go of the trigger, do you mean keep pressing the trigger non-stop, or literally holding down the trigger from the start to the end of the ride? thanks
loko123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2003, 09:08 PM   #79
dogg2727
Mouseketeer

We me pull and hold down the trigger from beginning to end. You get an easy 20,000 just for shooting the ceiling the whole ride. So if you get less, you stink. No offense.
Old 08-11-2003, 10:28 AM   #80
Patch'sD
DIS Veteran

Didn't see these tips before our trip, what a bummer. However after talking with the ride ops we were given enough tips to get respectable scores. My son got 741,000 and I was at 600,000. Even my daughter was getting 300,000 scores. I scanned this post and didn't see anything on the Baby Alien in the Baby Carriage or the Mailbox Alien. These are some of the tips we got from the ride Ops. Never looked to see the actual scores from these guys though. But the ride Ops are a very friendly bunch and we were on a first name basis after the second day, they made the ride even better. Noisy Cricket II stinks could never get above 250,000 with that gun. Next time, 999,999
Patch'sD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 11:12 AM   #81
MIB999999
MIB Fantastic Four sensei
It's like 'Cheers' when he walks into Mythos
Ten more Mythos meals until he gets a free toaster oven

Quote:
Originally posted by loko123
when you guys say not to let go of the trigger, do you mean keep pressing the trigger non-stop, or literally holding down the trigger from the start to the end of the ride? thanks
yes, just hold it down from start till the spinning under the big bug. your finger will not be as tired and your aim will be better
Old 08-16-2003, 11:15 AM   #82
MIB999999

Quote:
Originally posted by Patch'sD
Didn't see these tips before our trip, what a bummer. However after talking with the ride ops we were given enough tips to get respectable scores. My son got 741,000 and I was at 600,000. Even my daughter was getting 300,000 scores. I scanned this post and didn't see anything on the Baby Alien in the Baby Carriage or the Mailbox Alien. These are some of the tips we got from the ride Ops. Never looked to see the actual scores from these guys though. But the ride Ops are a very friendly bunch and we were on a first name basis after the second day, they made the ride even better. Noisy Cricket II stinks could never get above 250,000 with that gun. Next time, 999,999
The baby carriage alien you have to hit the sensor's directly or it will not activate. it is also difficult to hit if you are on he right side of the car on the left track. to many heads in the way

i am interested in what the ride ops told you about the mail box alien.
Old 08-16-2003, 12:52 PM   #83
dogg2727
Mouseketeer

Yeah unless there is something MIB999999, rocketman, and I missed, I don't believe there is much to be given out of the mailbox alien. He is really there for show in my mind. I am more focused on the Eyeball or the second story windows. Anything on the first story that is close to you isn't worth much (except the baby alien which we know is a big exception). Oh and by the way, Anyone who is interested can check out my brand new guide on my very own webpage. This is a miracle in itself because I have never created a webpage before and it actually came out pretty good. Still waiting for the response about getting it on IOAcentral.com. I hope I get that confirmation

Edward's MIB Handbook Version 4.0
Old 08-19-2003, 08:57 AM   #84
Patch'sD
DIS Veteran

No points were given, Where told good point totals where for Frank the dog, Baby Alien, and Mailbox Alien. Sorry for little Info. Mailbox Alien does get red eyes. I think to busy shooting. With Express we were limited to the left side so we were getting good at Baby Alien.
Patch'sD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 01:03 PM   #85
Motherfletcher
Proud Redhead
My username is an obscure line from Shrek 4-D

We have to keep this thread open until I get a chance to read all the pages. I live in constant competition with my DD15 who scored a 999999 on one gun and 167800 on another on his 15th birthday. I printed your older handbook which gave me as good an edge as possible and I could see my son aiming at the same targets. When I tried to share your info I was ignored. Any updates? I had a hard time finding all of the targets.
Any truth to the rumor that you shoot your own exhaust port?
We are normally in the 500000 range. We rarely loose to the other car.
Motherfletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 06:54 AM   #86
daywalker
Universally Nutty

Just got back from my trip and managed to bag all nines 3 times and alot of near misses (980-995k's). Everytime I got all nines I only came out of training with 20-30k. I've always struggled in training even with the tips here.

In Area 2 where MIB999999 suggests going for the alien on the fire hydrant. I aim for something else. On the Left hand side there is a building with 6 windows, 3 aliens in the the bottom ones (plus one outside). On the second story, in the end window there is an alien that pops up in here. The window is split in two and there are two sensors at the top of the split (Just below what you can see of the bottom of the aliens torso) I tended to bang these alot and on occasions I got the noise you get for hitting the exhaust point, along with a stack of points!

To be perfectly honest, it's all down the gun you get, I found some of them to be much more sensitive than others, my scores ranged from 218k - 999,999 Obviously I am not perfect everytime but the gun makes a massive difference and can be the difference between maxing and not IMO.

Good luck all.
daywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2003, 07:19 AM   #87
the Dark Marauder
Proud Redhead
Time Travel Grand Master
It has achieved Legendary status

I'm getting better on both sides, moreso on the left lane than the right. I never knew about the fire hydrant alien, so I will have to try and shoot him down.
Old 10-26-2003, 02:41 PM   #88
MIB999999

Quote:
Originally posted by daywalker
In Area 2 where MIB999999 suggests going for the alien on the fire hydrant. I aim for something else. On the Left hand side there is a building with 6 windows, 3 aliens in the the bottom ones (plus one outside). On the second story, in the end window there is an alien that pops up in here. The window is split in two and there are two sensors at the top of the split (Just below what you can see of the bottom of the aliens torso) I tended to bang these alot and on occasions I got the noise you get for hitting the exhaust point, along with a stack of points!

To be perfectly honest, it's all down the gun you get, I found some of them to be much more sensitive than others, my scores ranged from 218k - 999,999 Obviously I am not perfect everytime but the gun makes a massive difference and can be the difference between maxing and not IMO.

Good luck all.
Congrat's on the 999,999. If i am having trouble hitting the right area of the Hydrant Alien I will go up and hit the alien you are talking about once or twice. I will then always go over the the alien on the right side, second story for the big points before the spin. I will have to check out the other one and see how many points you get for repeated hits. Thanks for the info. The gun really does make a difference. We have found that it is hard to explain the problem to the ride attendents when your score is over 300,000 and you try to tell them the gun is not working properly.
Old 10-26-2003, 02:45 PM   #89
MIB999999

Quote:
Originally posted by the Dark Marauder
I'm getting better on both sides, moreso on the left lane than the right. I never knew about the fire hydrant alien, so I will have to try and shoot him down.
Hey Dark Marauder, nice to have met you at HHN. Just once i would like to ride through MIB with all the lights up to full, just to be able to see all the sensors. The sensors on the Hydrant alien are sometimes hard to hit. Next time i get to ride in the left track on the right side of the car i am going to try to see exactly where they are located
Old 10-26-2003, 08:36 PM   #90
the Dark Marauder
Proud Redhead
Time Travel Grand Master
It has achieved Legendary status

I do get a few hits on the hydrant alien. Sometimes more than others. When I got 913k, I got all the hits on him. I thought it was so cool seeing him rise up and the water below.

After I shoot him I aim for the aliens up high, then at the gun of the big eyeball alien. If I'm doing well, I'll enter the ambush area with 300k+

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: