Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #721
Channing
Earning My Ears

Thanks so much MIB! I met you one day while I was riding, I think, two years ago. I've done so much better since then. You referred me to this site whenever I was leaving, and I just found the thread again . Thanks so much.

-Channing
Channing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 10:46 AM   #722
MIB999999
MIB Fantastic Four sensei
It's like 'Cheers' when he walks into Mythos
Ten more Mythos meals until he gets a free toaster oven

Hope it helps. The original handbook works, the later posts may get into more detail of exactly where the sensor is on a specific target. Like the drop-down boys. We knew we got points in the early days, we just did not know ezxactly where the sensors were. Just from observation, we know these sensors are on the beam that forms the square the drop-down boys, drop thru. Plus if you are on the sensor, these are multiple hit sensors and can really rack up some big points.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-28-2011, 03:26 PM   #723
pcjiang
Earning My Ears

thanks a lot, make things much easier.
pcjiang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 11:59 PM   #724
shemeno
Earning My Ears

Im heading down to US this week tues-thurs. I remember loveing this ride, when i last went, maybe 6 years ago, and being able to get approx 600k. My goal is to max out this week!
shemeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:23 PM   #725
shemeno
Earning My Ears

Well just wrapped up my trip to USF. 3 days, many a round of MIB each day. Started in the 300K. By the end of day 1 - 650K. End of day 2 - 773K. Finally today went early....made friends with some ride MIB agents at the ride (yay not making us go all the way around the line set up when it was busy also had VIP tix anyways). Got my first 999,999 on one of the rounds.
shemeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:00 PM   #726
MIB999999
MIB Fantastic Four sensei
It's like 'Cheers' when he walks into Mythos
Ten more Mythos meals until he gets a free toaster oven

Congrats on the max out.

Now the next step is to max out 90% of the time while trying to max out 2 guns in one pass!
Old 07-23-2011, 08:24 PM   #727
cuches
Mouseketeer

OMG 10 years and 49 pages! This is amazing! Great advice but I will not share with my husband this time (I gave him tips on TSM and he beat me very time) I Have to study now for my October trip

Tina
1993 Dixie Landings (honeymoon), 1998 off site Holiday Inn (NOT NICE!), 2004 off site Radison (pretty nice) Dana's first trip, 2008 All Star Music, 2009 Coronado Springs, 2010 Pop Century, 2011 Hard Rock Hotel @ Universal StudiosArt of Animation Dec 2012?!?!
cuches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 02:08 PM   #728
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

Time to bump this up, so I can start studying for our December trip!!!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 11:38 PM   #729
jwt129
Earning My Ears

Anyone riding MIB Sept 30 - Oct 5?

It's again time for our annual pilgrimage to the best ride ever. Would love to ride with one of the experts and would also be happy to help anyone who'd like some tips.

From catching up on the last year of posts - congrats to shemeno for maxing out! And kudos to the master MIB999999 for that amazing 2 gun score. That would really be something to watch. I'm especially awed at doing that on a full ride. I have a tough time maxing when the ride is really busy - too many dots near my targets and the chance of getting your car spun.

Best I ever did on a 2nd gun was mid 200's and that was after getting 408,xxx by the time I was done with Frank. I think I counted 10 hits on Frank that run. The blinds in the ambush were still working that day back in 2009. I'm not very good after the drop down bugs as I had already maxed the first gun on my first shot after the scan.

I hope to see any fans of MIB at the park Sept 30 - Oct 5. My wife and I will stay at the resort, so can meet folks just about any day or time.
jwt129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 06:45 PM   #730
jwt129
Earning My Ears

Sept 28 2011 ride report

Trip got off to a good start. Maxed out first 3 times after a year off without needing the bonus. Inside and outside lanes working well.
A few initial observations:
Frank is now worth 20,000 points and he appears to shut off after the tenth time you hit him. The fire hydrant is working, got up to 7 hits one time.
I think that the eyes in the second story window on the "run for the bug" are still not working as others have reported. I think that the eyeglasses billboard "eyes" are working again, but not certain.
After a good start on the day (at least a dozen rides) I got my butt kicked by the gun in the front right seat of car 32. I tried hard all the way through the ride (except for skipping the bonus) and could only manage 175,000! I never did figure out where that gun was pointing.
If anyone has something they'd like me to check out, I'll be here for a week and will probably ride at least 50 times. Crowds are light in the day.
jwt129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:05 PM   #731
cigar95
DIS weakest link

reporting for training

Although this is way too far in advance, I just wanted to mention to our MIB experts that I'm scheduled to spend one day at USF on 2/13/12, which I plan to spend as much time as possible on MIB training and practice. This is a Monday, and during the off season, I expect crowds to be light. (Do they still let you use the baby swap passage on days like that?)

If anyone wants to join me to share their expertise, I'm happy to work with anyone, whether it be at opening, mid-day, or near closing. For the record, I tend to visit Universal about once every three years, so I'm not an expert - my typical score is probably around 300-400k, with a best of just under 500. I'm sure with some fine tuning from an expert I could get up a lot higher. If I could max out one gun even once, I'd be thrilled.

I just hope that going through that spin at the end over and over again doesn't scramble my brain too badly. At my age, I need to hold on to all the brain cells I can.
cigar95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #732
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Just wanted to give a shout-out to whichever team member at MIB rode against my teenage sons this past Wednesday 11/2/11 and showed them quite a few things that they hadn't mastered after reading through the tips in this thread. My 19 yo was thrilled to finally max out and was able to score additional points with the 2nd gun.

Didnt' know if this team member was part of the DIS or not, but wanted to say thanks just in case he was. He obviously knew his stuff.
threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #733
cigar95
DIS weakest link

MIB training / practice on 2/13/12

Greetings, MiB fans and experts.

Three weeks from today on 2/13 I am planning to be at USF, with my main reason to be spending a day trying to improve my technique and my score at MiB. Anyone want to come down and join me? (I only have one day available for Universal on this trip, and it will very likely stay on 2/13.)

I figure I'll be there all day, but I plan to take quite a few breaks to stop my head from spinning, so I'll go over and do Terminator, or watch the makeup show, or something calm like that. (That last spin under the bug really scrambles my brain sometimes.)

Also - any reports on the condition of the ride? For the last couple years, most of the news from our experts has been on stuff that *doesn't* work. Is it still like that? Is it harder than ever to max out?

I think my best is 482k, but with MIB999's most recent tips - ride through a couple times and look for sensors rather than shooting - I'm confident I can better that. I just skimmed through the whole thread again last week, looking for various tips, and detailed descriptions of things that might have been described very quickly in the original handbook.

Thanks, gang.

Last edited by cigar95; 01-23-2012 at 04:29 PM. Reason: correct small typos
Old 01-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #734
cigar95
DIS weakest link

Also read somewhere recently that with a new MiB movie coming out this summer, the attraction might get some dress-up this year - maybe fixing a lot of what has stopped working. Any news or rumors about that?
Old 01-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #735
Sandy321
Crazy enough to want to do another Half Marathon!
If it were all about me? - I'd go with the Princesses!!

no news - just thanks for bumping up the thread
Sandy321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: