Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2001, 10:25 PM   #31
WebmasterBarry
Registered

Here's a few more tips:

1.) Try to shoot at the aliens in the second floor.

2.) When you see the alien with the two guns, don't shoot at him. Hit the targets in the 2nd story windows. As you are backing up into the ambush area, shoot at the alien with the two guns. Aim at his eyes and you should get a few hits. I don't think it scores much, but at least it's better than nothing!
WebmasterBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2001, 03:01 PM   #32
big ian
Earning My Ears

The eyes have it

Great tips from MIB999999. I have ridden MIB about 100 times in the twice we have visited Universal and got my wife hooked on it. We have even been fortunate enough to get to ride against each other with just us in separate cars.

As MIB999999 indicates second floor eyes seem to give more points. As you straighten up in Area 4 by the cinema?? there is a pair of eyes in a window which most people seem to miss waving the laser across them racks up a good points score. Best done from the right hand side.
big ian is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2001, 07:47 PM   #33
MIB999999
MIB Fantastic Four sensei
It's like 'Cheers' when he walks into Mythos
Ten more Mythos meals until he gets a free toaster oven

Ian, are you refering to the eyes on the left hand side second story, just to the left of the guy at the pay phone and straight up to the second floor. if so these do score well but not as much as the exhaust port. these eyes are my main secondary target to shoot while the other car is spinning.
Old 11-24-2001, 12:10 PM   #34
big ian
Earning My Ears

Eye eye

Yes those are the eyes. I sometimes get frustrated with the exhaust port and so manage to get off 6 - 8 shots at those eyes as they change from red to green

Going to read your tips on the plane over and see if I can improve my score.

Ian
big ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2001, 05:01 PM   #35
MIB999999

Some of the guns will not register with a straight on hit in the area after you come out of the scan. If that is the case hit any and all secondary targets. After you finish the 90 degree turn you will have a shot at the edge of the exhaust port of the other vechicle. it is a small target area but once you home in on it you will score big.

Frankly i am amazed at the number of views on this thread. Must be a lot of closet MIB fans out there digesting the info. :D
Old 12-11-2001, 07:06 PM   #36
MIB999999

inkbounc bump
Old 12-11-2001, 07:52 PM   #37
rocketman23
Zamp in the Lamp
MIB Fantastic Four member
Secretly has the hots for Robinrs riding the Froghopper

Wassat mean?
Anyway, these tips were quite helpful. Within 5-8 tries with this guide I upped my high score from 990,250 to at last 999,999. I also noticed I do better in the morning. I don't know whether it's just me or what?
Old 12-11-2001, 09:19 PM   #38
MsDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by rocketman23
I also noticed I do better in the morning. I don't know whether it's just me or what?
Do you think it's because it's less crowded? I was there this morning and generally, the cars were empty...I find it's a LOT easier to hit your targets without all those OTHER pesky red dots allover the place...

I can definitely tell you that I do a heck of a lot better without a bunch of MIB pro's riding with me!

I got a personal best of 718, and change today...not good enough!!! It's tricky when you get in a groove where you hit the same targets, cuz obviously it's not enough!

Karen
MsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 09:55 PM   #39
WebmasterBarry
Registered

It's true. I score a lot better when I am not with a bunch of experts. I can have the good targets to myself. It's better if you're riding in a car all alone. Then you know which dot is yours! You can do that if you arrive right at opening at ride MIB a few times.
WebmasterBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2001, 10:04 PM   #40
MsDisney
DIS Veteran

That's what I did today....for the most part, I had the car to myself, or was with 2 others....

You know what was really cool? A couple of times, different sets of kids rode with me after their parents rode once, and it was really nice to give them the suit - they were psyched, as they sat there with their 22,000 points! That was nice.

It's also nice to be alone in a car and beat a full car on the opposite track, but that would be tougher to do if it took the avg. of 6 players (with my score and 5 zeros), regardless of how many are in the car (which would make my score cosmically avg. at best!) But they probably don't know that's how it is...sometimes those low scores can really bring you down! :D

Karen
Old 12-12-2001, 09:02 PM   #41
MIB999999

i love it when the high score in the car (outside of my score) is 113,000 and the average shown on the board is 278,000 and we totally blow away the other car. All the others are whooping it up and i sit there in the back row with 999,999 and wonder, did they flunk math or what. They saw the average but have not made the connection of how the car got the average.

this is great MsDiz is now a MIB philanthrapist. she donates her high scoring ability to the kids so they get to see the suit.

:D :D

someone in my car picks up two guns at once, i just reach down and slap them. :D

congrats on the 999,999 to rocketmam23 and on the 718+++ to MsDiz. i know MsDiz put in a lot of sweat and time to get to that score.
Old 12-12-2001, 09:07 PM   #42
rocketman23
Zamp in the Lamp
MIB Fantastic Four member
Secretly has the hots for Robinrs riding the Froghopper

Quote:
Originally posted by MIB999999
All the others are whooping it up and i sit there in the back row with 999,999 and wonder, did they flunk math or what.

someone in my car picks up two guns at once, i just reach down and slap them. :D
Yeah, I notice that a lot. The people in the front somehow think they averaged the 250,000 with scores of 48,000 and 52,000!

Hey, can you do that slap thing during the on-ride photo and send me a copy!:D
Old 12-12-2001, 09:30 PM   #43
MIB999999

the photo people asked me to stop holding the gun to my head, so they will really go ballastic if a slap a two-gun-holder in the ambush area.

again great job on the 999,999
Old 12-12-2001, 11:02 PM   #44
MsDisney
DIS Veteran

i love it when the high score in the car (outside of my score) is 113,000 and the average shown on the board is 278,000 and we totally blow away the other car. All the others are whooping it up and i sit there in the back row with 999,999 and wonder, did they flunk math or what. They saw the average but have not made the connection of how the car got the average

I had that happen, but the people in front of me obviously realized THEY weren't the reason for the avg. score of 242,000, cuz they looked at it, looked at eachother's scores and then turned around and looked at me. I said, "BOW TO ME!" - ok...I didn't say that...

I don't like going on repeatedly all morning when it's dead...I start to feel a little self-conscious! And I'm really glad, MIB that you never had the occasion to slap ME during out outing!:D Would you slap me if I shot at our OWN exhaust port???:D :D :D

Karen
Old 12-13-2001, 08:13 PM   #45
MIB999999

No MsDiz cause if you shot at your own exhaust port you have not learned a thing grasshopper.

By the way exactly which exhaust port are we talking about???:D

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: