Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2001, 10:34 PM   #16
MIB999999
MIB Fantastic Four sensei
It's like 'Cheers' when he walks into Mythos
Ten more Mythos meals until he gets a free toaster oven

AREA 4 HANDBOOK

JessicaR is correct, you had better be aiming for the opposite car exhaust port, that is if you are in it for the points.
AREA 4 HANDBOOK:
AREA 4: THE RUN FOR THE BUG:

Left Hand Track: This is the area you want to be in the car that loaded from rows 1 and 2.
As you clear the last of the two scanners you need to have your gun up and trigger pulled aiming for the EXHAUST PORT RED CIRCLE OF POINTS. There are three things to shoot at in this area. 1) THE EXHAUST PORT, 2) THE EXHAUST PORT, 3) THE EXHAUST PORT. The only time you will not be shooting the exhaust port is while the other car is spinning because you shot the exhaust port. There are green eyes on the right hand wall, There are aliens in the ceiling area that will cause your car to spin if you do not shoot them first. There are lots of secondary targets to shoot. The green eyes are my favorite, maybe due to the high point value of the green eyes in the tree in AREA 3. The second the other car is done with a spin aim for the exhaust port and do not come off of it. Even if the other car does not spin you are racking up points at the rate of 20,000 per hit. Even as you approach the hot dog cart and the green smart mouth alien and your car pivots forward, lean around the edge of your seat and still hit the exhaust port on the other car if you want 999,999.

Right Hand Track: This is the area you want to be in the car that loaded from rows 3 and 4.
As you clear the last of the two scanners you need to have your gun up and trigger pulled aiming for the EXHAUST PORT RED CIRCLE OF POINTS. There are three things to shoot at in this area. 1) THE EXHAUST PORT, 2) THE EXHAUST PORT, 3) THE EXHAUST PORT. The only time you will not be shooting the exhaust port is while the other car is spinning because you shot the exhaust port. There are aliens along the left hand wall and there is one alien in the ceiling that will cause your car to spin if you do not shoot him first. As you head down the straight-a-way you have an extra good target in the second story of the building on the left. A pair of green eyes that when you hit them they turn red. You will only hit this traget if the other car is spinning and you can not get a clear shot at the exhaust port. The second the other car is done with a spin aim for the exhaust port and do not come off of it. Even if the other car does not spin you are racking up points at the rate of 20,000 per hit. As the car in front and to the left of you pivots to face forward the red circle will disappear. switch aim to the trailing car on the left hand track and traget it's exhaust port. Do not come off of it until you can no longer get a clear shot.

You are now making the turns that will take you to the BUG.
You should have between 800,000 and 999,999 by this time.
Keep those triggers pulled and keep shooting even if you do not see any targets, do not let go of the trigger until the final spin sequence begins.

Things i have noticed of late.
1) You can be dead on the exhaust port and it will not register. some exhaust ports will only register with a side hit and not a straight on hit. It stinks but it happens.
2) Some guns score better on the exhaust ports than others. IT HAPPENS so do not get your knickers in a twist. Do not complain to the ride attendents. just hop back in the single riders line and give it another go. IT IS JUST A GAME, so have fun and enjoy it.
:D inkbounc
Old 11-08-2001, 08:29 PM   #17
MIB999999

AREA 5 HANDBOOK

AREA 5 HANDBOOK:
AREA 5: EATEN BY THE BUG:

Left Hand Track: as you round the the first curve at the end of the straight-a-way, continue to shoot at the exhaust port of the car in the right hand lane. If there is no car behind you then shoot at anything you find interesting. I have found no major point accumulators in this section of the track. The second you make the second curve aim at the eyes of the BUG and keep shooting. If you listen you will hear Zed say " ONLY ONE THING LEFT TO DO, PRESS THE RED BUTTON. When you hear the word LEFT start pressing the red button and keep the trigger on your gun pulled and pointing at the BUG'S eye. This will not garuntee you the 100,000 bonus but you will get it 95 out of 100 times by doing this. By this time you are under the bug and being fogged on and sprayed with internal bug juices. If you have over 800,000 you really have done very well and with just a bit of fine tuning and precise execution the 999,999 is within your reach.

Right Hand Track: As you round the first part of the curve continue to shoot at the exhaust port as long as you can. Yeah i know it is not easy to hit it from a turning moving target, but if you want 999,999 then keep trying. As on the Left Track there is very little to accumulate points with in this area, so just keep shooting at whatever you want but KEEP SHOOTING. As you round the last part of the curve, aim for the bugs eyes and keep shooting. . If you listen you will hear Zed say " ONLY ONE THING LEFT TO DO, PRESS THE RED BUTTON. When you hear the word LEFT start pressing the red button and keep the trigger on your gun pulled and pointing at the BUG'S eye. This will not garuntee you the 100,000 bonus but you will get it 95 out of 100 times by doing this. By this time you are under the bug and being fogged on and sprayed with internal bug juices. If you have over 800,000 you really have done very well and with just a bit of fine tuning and precise execution the 999,999 is within your reach.

Hint: i have seen as many as three people in one car get the 100,000. Usually it is 2 per car.

the only way to get more than 999,999 is to have this total on one gun before the end of AREA 4, no one sitting beside you, you pick up that gun and finish out the run with that gun and get the 100,000 bonus at the end.

I have tried the old wild west trick of using two guns at once and i will never embarass myself in that fashion again. It may look cool in the photo area, but if you are all about the score do one gun at a time, cause you are not that good. I found out i was not that good with two at once.

Well this is my routine and i am sure i will try some new wrinkles as continue to play this game. it has been fun sharing this with those who requested it. If you have any questions just ask or I am usually out there at 10:30 on saturdays just stop me and ask away.

YOU ASKED FOR IT MsDISNEY
:D
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-11-2001, 05:29 PM   #18
MIB999999

I ran a test today just to find out something: If you pull the trigger on your gun and point it at the ceiling for the whole ride and hit absolutely no targets, you will still end up with 20,225.
Old 11-11-2001, 05:59 PM   #19
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

MIB9's....is this how you try out new wrinkles? I am laughing so hard picturing you going through this ride with your gun pointed at the ceiling the whole time! After scoring 999999 a few times this is what you have resorted to!:D
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 07:08 PM   #20
MsDisney
DIS Veteran

Talking

MIB!!! You ROCK !!!!!!! I too am laughing out loud picturing MIB going through the ride with his gun aimed at the ceiling! People were probably looking at him like "moron doesn't know what to shoot at!" :D
I'm going to look like a moron with my printout on the ride next time too...I couldn't possibly hope to remember much of this since I've been on it a million times and still don't know what he's talking about some of the times! LOL I'm going, "cornstalk?"

Anyway, I for one, can't say enough thanks to ya MIB! I am really excited about getting out there and working on this! I didn't get a chance Sat. because with such short hours, we usually start at IOA and never seem to leave with enough time to go to the studios! (as in, they're closed!) That would be the kids' faults! I'll have to start practicing on weekdays!

I'm sure there will be questions, but not until we can all start putting this to work out there on the ride!

Thanks again!!!
Karen :D
MsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 10:11 PM   #21
WebmasterBarry
Registered

Quote:
Originally posted by MIB999999
I ran a test today just to find out something: If you pull the trigger on your gun and point it at the ceiling for the whole ride and hit absolutely no targets, you will still end up with 20,225.
Hmm...I see people ending up with scores like 2,000 or 8,000. They're trying too hard.
WebmasterBarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2001, 11:23 PM   #22
MIB999999

Quote:
Originally posted by JessicaR
MIB9's....is this how you try out new wrinkles? I am laughing so hard picturing you going through this ride with your gun pointed at the ceiling the whole time! After scoring 999999 a few times this is what you have resorted to!:D
Well i had never tried it before and hitting a high score is not top on my list of things left undone, so i thought i would give it a try. It was fun because i still beat two other people in the car.
Besides now that i add them up i had 7 999,999 games today.
Old 11-15-2001, 07:50 AM   #23
BansheeBlue
Earning My Ears

Laughing at 999999 as well.....

But also jealous once again. I want to be able to go to MIB enough times that I can just fire at nothing for the whole ride...
BansheeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 02:20 PM   #24
sha_lyn
If we couldn't laugh we'd all go insane

MIB... well now we have our dates 1/10-1/13. We will be in the parks the 11 and 12. Russ (aka Flyingninja on the DIS) is looking foward to learning all your tips in person if you will be around either of those days.
sha_lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 07:31 PM   #25
MIB999999

Quote:
Originally posted by sha_lyn
MIB... well now we have our dates 1/10-1/13. We will be in the parks the 11 and 12. Russ (aka Flyingninja on the DIS) is looking foward to learning all your tips in person if you will be around either of those days.
sha_lyn as of now i will most likely be at the park 1/12. Since i live here let me know what your schedule is and i will meet you at MIB. I will have to have my cinnimon roll at CMB first but the rest of the day is just play time for me.
Old 11-15-2001, 09:41 PM   #26
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

That's it!

I am convinced there is MIB magic in those cinnamon rolls! Come on MIB9's you can tell us...thats your secret weapon isnt it? What would happen if CMB...*gasp* was all out of cinnamon rolls? Would you have a big chocolate chip cookie instead?
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2001, 11:38 PM   #27
sha_lyn

sounds good. I'll plan on the 1/12 for our IOA day. Look for the dweeby 12 yr old surounded by all the good looking girls( LOL) DS will be the only guy out of the 5 of us (me, 4yr DD, My sis and her 9yr DD).
I think I will be hearing "cool" a lot for the next 8 weeks. DS is so excited.
Old 11-16-2001, 09:20 PM   #28
MIB999999

Re: That's it!

Quote:
Originally posted by JessicaR
I am convinced there is MIB magic in those cinnamon rolls! Come on MIB9's you can tell us...thats your secret weapon isnt it? What would happen if CMB...*gasp* was all out of cinnamon rolls? Would you have a big chocolate chip cookie instead?
i have to admit jessica that when they closed confisco's i was a bit concerned that CMB would follow shortly.

you would LOL if you were with me on a saturday morning when i walk into CMB. They all say hi and automatically prepare a cinnimon roll with extra icing and a vanilla creme coffee. All i have to say is HI!! they are a good bunch of people and they ask some questions about MYTHOS and why i always eat lunch there and not at confisco's.
Old 11-16-2001, 09:28 PM   #29
MIB999999

Guys VS Girls

Quote:
Originally posted by sha_lyn
sounds good. I'll plan on the 1/12 for our IOA day. Look for the dweeby 12 yr old surounded by all the good looking girls( LOL) DS will be the only guy out of the 5 of us (me, 4yr DD, My sis and her 9yr DD).
I think I will be hearing "cool" a lot for the next 8 weeks. DS is so excited.
I see a guy's versus girls competition. I would say your son and my combined score will double the girls combined score. :D :D

Remember that MIB is in Studios not IOA. If you want to do MIB first thing in the am they do have the same cinnimon roll in Studio's at Beverly Hills Boulangerie so i could meet you there first thing. It is your vacation so i will work around whatever time or ride schedule you have. Just say what time and where and i will be there.
Old 11-18-2001, 11:22 PM   #30
sha_lyn

LOL... I realized as I was posting it that I was posting wrong, but I thought I went back and changed it. It was a long day Thur, and DS and I were headign out of town for a campiong trip Friday morning.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: