Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2005, 05:43 PM   #211
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

Well, there are 4 people in my family that all max out easily and we all still love the ride. Sometimes, I shoot at totally different things and see how many points they get. I also shoot and determine when certain sensors become active. They aren't on all the time. When someone tells me that a certain aliens (like Frank the dog) gives BIG points, I check it out (he doesn't). Or someone says that there are sensors on the rocket above the screen when Will Smith gives us a warning about the big, big bug, I ride to check it out (it has no sensors). Or people say that the second and third shot on the aliens makes the points you receive go up ( it doesn't), I check it out. Another myth is that you get more points from hitting your own exhaust than from hitting your opponent exhaust (you don't.) I also like to ride and help others increase their scores or secretly reach over and hit the red button for a little kid so he can beat his big brother.

I think making a high score has helped hook me. I have no desire to ride Buzz as I suck at that ride. Most people enjoy doing things they are good at. If you are a good swimmer you like to go swimming. If you can't even float or dog paddle, you usually spend less times at the pools. I never go bowling or golfing because I am not good at it. I love horseback riding because I'm good at it, same with MIB.
phamton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2005, 06:33 PM   #212
Slacking
Secretly has the hots for Bloody Mary

I've maxed out on Buzz and still have no great desire to ride that ride.
Slacking is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-11-2005, 06:46 PM   #213
Universal FReak
im not a super hero.....or are i

To me the ride is still a fun experience. I do have to say though it isn't like ROTM to me where I will constantly go on and really really have fun. I do like MIB and I max out everytime(except when I am vs. Bev), but sometimes it isn't as exciting and I don't really have anything to look forward to. I guess now I'm going to have to mix things up cause shooting the same guys everytime (training top left corner, baby alien windowsil drop down bugs etc) can get really boring. Right now I'm currently excited when riding because of my brother. He is 8 years older than me, but is having trouble maxing out. His highscore is 896,000 after I introduced him to the proper aliens to shoot for the big points. I really have hope for him and when we ride its fun competing with him to see if he will eventually surpass me on the ride

ROTM 94 times!!!!Next Trip toIOA andUSF 7/15/05
Universal FReak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 10:59 AM   #214
thedisneymom
I call 'em as I see 'em! Still wishes on stars! Lives for Club!!

My son -Mr. Gamer has been asking if anyone who has accomplished 999,999 such as MIB999999 will be there when we go June 29,30,July 1,2. He would love to ride with you once and observe your technique. This is the guy who made fun of my Dis'ing yet, was caught reading your hints last summer. He is graduating this year from college and looking forward to more time for games. Need I say more!

"It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement- I knew when I was a kid."
-Walt Disney
thedisneymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 11:04 AM   #215
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

I'll be glad to meet you there any of those days. I've taught lots of people how to get all 9's. Just PM me with information on times and dates as it gets closer to your trip. I'll also see what I can do to get him a few front of the line passes for MIB.

Bev
Old 05-07-2005, 07:38 PM   #216
Universal FReak

Count me in. I would love to go and help him out...even though he is older than me. Bev do you think if I went you could get me some express or would that be too many. Just asking cause I would be happy to be there

Old 05-08-2005, 01:44 PM   #217
thedisneymom

Ohhhhhhhh thank you all! He is soo excited! I will send you all the details as the vacation approaches with our "real " names , our hotel info etc. this is so great! I will wait outside for you to just to say hi if you don't mind. By the way Universal Freak -it doesn't matter how old you are when you are so generous and kind. we would love to see you too! My daughter is a bit younger than her brother(22), she is 16 and although not much of a gamer can always use ant help she can get destroying her brother. Thanks so much Bev!!!! You made our day! We are staying at PBH so I don't think you need to try to get FOTL passes for us but we appreciate the thought. You can pick the day and time and he will be there with bells on.

"It has that thing - the imagination, and the feeling of happy excitement- I knew when I was a kid."
-Walt Disney

Last edited by thedisneymom; 05-08-2005 at 01:53 PM.
Old 05-08-2005, 06:32 PM   #218
Universal FReak

Sounds great.
I will get express myself if I can't get a FOTL. I can get a couple express if I get like my brother(22 huh thats funny) to come with me. Anyway I have even taught my 22 year old brother how to max out. It only took him a couple of tries. All I had to do wastell him what to shoot and then have him ride without shooting so he could see what I shoot at what times. Also, today I tried helping my friend who has an AP by not shooting anything and explaining to him what to hit and when to stop shooting something. I can't wait to help.

Old 05-11-2005, 08:52 PM   #219
MIB999999
MIB Fantastic Four sensei
It's like 'Cheers' when he walks into Mythos
Ten more Mythos meals until he gets a free toaster oven

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedisneymom
My son -Mr. Gamer has been asking if anyone who has accomplished 999,999 such as MIB999999 will be there when we go June 29,30,July 1,2. He would love to ride with you once and observe your technique. This is the guy who made fun of my Dis'ing yet, was caught reading your hints last summer. He is graduating this year from college and looking forward to more time for games. Need I say more!
MIB999999 and MsDis will not be able to go those days but it seems that you have the current "best of the best" attending. I remember all the meets we have had in the past and it was always a great time.

Good luck in the quest for the "999999's"
Old 05-12-2005, 10:02 AM   #220
thedisneymom

Sorry you can't make it. My son is so thrilled to have the opportunity.

-Walt Disney
Old 05-26-2005, 11:43 AM   #221
thedisneymom

Hi Phamton and Universal Freak!
How does July 1st at 11 AM in front by the expess line MIB sound to you?

-Walt Disney
Old 05-26-2005, 12:20 PM   #222
phamton
Proud Redhead

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedisneymom
Hi Phamton and Universal Freak!
How does July 1st at 11 AM in front by the expess line MIB sound to you?
Sounds good to me. Just send me a reminder a couple of days before hand as my memory isn't the greatest.
Old 05-26-2005, 12:47 PM   #223
thedisneymom

Yours!! I keep saying that I better write down what time/day that I posted! LOL
Sounds like a plan.

-Walt Disney
Old 05-30-2005, 07:34 PM   #224
Universal FReak

I will be there I think, but I will be there with my older brother who can't max out. We will go on, but I can not be certain that I can stay for long. I didn't realize that this would be the week he is down. I will still try to help though. Also, Bev have you noticed lately that the firehydraunt guy isn't working lately. His sensors are turned off or something and he wont rise up anymore. I noticed this when my score fell down just a little. Anyway I hope you guys have a nice trip and maybe I'll see you there.

Old 05-30-2005, 07:54 PM   #225
Slacking
Secretly has the hots for Bloody Mary

I noticed yesterday that the hydrant wasn't working.

I would meet up with you and help your son max out, but I'll be out of state during those days.
Slacking is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: