Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2005, 07:33 PM   #166
Foladar
Living in ORLANDO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantomsGirlfrien
Ha ha - I KNOW that! I am getting better - but I usually get AT LEAST 250,000+ whereas many people on with me tend to get from 6,000 to 50,000. They look at my score and are absolutely amazed.... of course that may also be because I am not a young kid...I'm a chubby-ish woman who looks 40's or so. It's soooo much fun to outshoot the teenage boys...
Yeah, Imagine .. I'm about 18, and when I went on Friday, there was a load of school kids out. I ended up with half a group of 10 of these kids my age, and they were in the range around 5,000 and had no clue what they were doing. I also had to teach these four year olds who kept getting put next to me.. None had any idea what to do or even how to do the seatbelt, I remember hearing one kid who was like 7 saying to his brother "Man he's good" when I scored 400,000 lol
Foladar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 08:58 PM   #167
Universal FReak
im not a super hero.....or are i

i went on saturday and maxed out everytime....it made me really mad when this little girl told everyone in her family that i cheated and that she got the best score(she had 24,000 and got the bonus) i guess im not really mad but i hate it that i try so hard and then people dont appreciate my work
i sometimes think i would have more people believing me if i stopped at 956,000 or something
(my new mib high score:1,312,000 yahhhh or for u more precise people 1,311,999)

ROTM 94 times!!!!Next Trip toIOA andUSF 7/15/05
Universal FReak is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2005, 10:34 PM   #168
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal FReak
i went on saturday and maxed out everytime....it made me really mad when this little girl told everyone in her family that i cheated and that she got the best score(she had 24,000 and got the bonus) i guess im not really mad but i hate it that i try so hard and then people dont appreciate my work
You've got it all wrong. You do it for yourself not to impress anyone. If someone comments and asks for help then you teach them or give them some hints. Then whenever their score increases, you cheer them on. I get more excitement seeing one of my "former students" improving and even exceeding my score. Sometimes I ride with them and we see who can max out first. Many of them have far surpassed me and I couldn't be prouder.
phamton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 07:31 AM   #169
Universal FReak

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamton
You've got it all wrong. You do it for yourself not to impress anyone. If someone comments and asks for help then you teach them or give them some hints. Then whenever their score increases, you cheer them on. I get more excitement seeing one of my "former students" improving and even exceeding my score. Sometimes I ride with them and we see who can max out first. Many of them have far surpassed me and I couldn't be prouder.
its just that i was told by almost everyone i rode with that day that i cheated
it would be different if she asked my for help or asked what aliens u should hit

anyway on that day i was helping someone
my next door neighbor is a couple years younger than me and ever since i helped him he has increased his score from 111,000 to 396,000....he still has some work but i think he is doing great for his age
i really thought that he was going to beat me on one of the runs becasue i idn't do so well
the cool thing is is that he has beaten everyone else in my family

Old 03-07-2005, 12:33 PM   #170
Corporal_Radar
Corporal

haha guys.. i am finally back on the boards... long time no see to all of you^___^

anyways... iam going march 9th to see lynard skynard in concert... though the lead singers brother is now the head of the band, I am not sure I want to see them… I do not know hw they would sound with his brother…

anyways,

when I go with my friends… we are riding nothing but MIB the whole day… with occasional stop off at dueling dragons, ROTM, and the hulk. I plan to try and max out this time…

'Reap the Whirlwind Murphy, Reap it!'

Corporal_Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 01:55 PM   #171
Universal FReak

yeah my brother and i are going to see lynyrd skynyrd
i am going to try and get him to max out
he still doesn't believe me so i am just going to have to crush him in a game of mib

Old 03-07-2005, 05:53 PM   #172
Slacking
Secretly has the hots for Bloody Mary

I have never been accused of cheating (and I have ridden waaaaaaay too many times), but even if I had been, who cares, its not like you'll ever see these people again.

It is funny though when people point out my scores. Most of the time, it is always the father of the group who has to point out my score as if I am threatening his position as alpha male. Its quite hilarious to see.

But, one of the last times I went (2-3 weekends ago, wow), a mother and her son were riding in the SRL, and I was placed in the same car as the mother. At the end of the ride, she was so excited to see my score, much more excited than I was, lol. After we got off, she ran to the other side, grabbed her son by the arm and dragged him over to where I was sitting. It was pretty hilarious to see BTW Bev, I was in a hurry, so didn't stick around to give pointers, sorry )

Bev, can you believe its only been a little voer a year since we've been able to consistently max out?
Slacking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2005, 06:16 PM   #173
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacking
Bev, can you believe its only been a little over a year since we've been able to consistently max out?
I know. It seems like much longer. I think I first maxed out the first part of Jan.2004 but I wasn't consistent. It took even longer to max out on the red side and even longer if I got a cricket.

I remember the first time I did it and rushed down to purchase the picture and was so upset to see that the picture had all the scores as zero.

Bev
Old 03-07-2005, 06:52 PM   #174
MIB999999
MIB Fantastic Four sensei
It's like 'Cheers' when he walks into Mythos
Ten more Mythos meals until he gets a free toaster oven

Quote:
I understand the feeling PHAMTON
Old 03-07-2005, 08:57 PM   #175
Universal FReak

mib999999 i have been waiting to get a chance to thank u for the great guide u made
im only just a kid and ur guide has helped me from the start and of course bev helped me a lot too
i really just want to thank all of u for the great help
i now pass the well known secrets of this famed ride onto my friends and family and find it amazing that so many people have looked for help and have been able to max out on this ride
my next acomplishment is to max out with a cricket
i have been able to master the right and left side, but when i have a cricket i find myself dropping down to the 6 and 7 hundreds

anyway i really feel like i have been an idiot with my past couple of posts and would like to thank u all for your help
also it would be cool to meet up with u guys sometime at unviersal and really test our skill

thanks again

Old 03-08-2005, 12:36 PM   #176
Corporal_Radar
Corporal

maybe i can see one of you all there... i will be in a cat in the hat hat... adn do not be afraid to as if the person with the hat is Radar... if it is me, i will understand, smile and knod my head, and then great you with a high five, or a hand shake, after you tell me who you are on the boards... i garatee you guys, that i am not a rapist!!!! ewwwwwww......

'Reap the Whirlwind Murphy, Reap it!'

Corporal_Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 06:41 PM   #177
phamton
Proud Redhead

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIB999999
I understand the feeling PHAMTON
I'm still waiting for the opportunity to meet the great MIB999999. You were my mentor even though we have never met face-to-face. You are the person I have to thank for this "magnificent obsession." Hopefully, someday we will meet in real life.

Bev
Old 03-09-2005, 05:04 PM   #178
Universal FReak

yeah i feel the same way u feel bev
u were my mentor too but mib999999's help and guide was what started me on my quest for maxing out

Old 03-09-2005, 06:52 PM   #179
MsDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm still waiting for the opportunity to meet the great MIB999999. You were my mentor even though we have never met face-to-face. You are the person I have to thank for this "magnificent obsession." Hopefully, someday we will meet in real life.

Bev
I was rereading this thread and first i am amazed how many people have looked at this thread. I was on MIB within the first week of opening when the air conditioning would freeze you out of the building, and there were no lines and no single rider. What a different world it is now!!

This thread and eventual handbook was a result of people asking over and over how i was able to score so high. Remember that at the time, scoring so high was hitting in the upper 800's plus, and maybe maxing out, 3 out of 20 runs per day.

I am glad and overwhelmed at the level you guy's now play at. I would love to make a few runs with you guys in the future. It would be a real honor to watch you guys do your thing.

The most important thing is to make sure the ride remains fun for you no matter what you score cause it is a great ride in and of itself.

posted by MIB999999

Mike Wazowski!!!
MsDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 08:14 PM   #180
MIB999999
MIB Fantastic Four sensei
It's like 'Cheers' when he walks into Mythos
Ten more Mythos meals until he gets a free toaster oven

Sorry for the possible confusion. the system would not let me log in and since MsDis was already in and she is my lovely wife i just posted as her. well tonight it finally let me in.

as i said with the scores you guy's now get, it is you that now rule the MIB world. Congrat's

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: