Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 06:29 PM   #1441
SkcMom
Wife of a Deadhead, Mommy of a princess!

Thanks so much for the information! So since our trip is in December that means I can't order til November right???
POP Sept. 2008 Girls only trip!!!
CSR Jan. 2010
CSR Sept. 2011
Old 06-18-2007, 08:00 PM   #1442
Sabre2th
Sabre2th

Question Looking for Cake ideas...

OK, I'm new to this board and I'm in BIG need of help. One kid is having his birthday while we'll be at WDW, the other one wishes he was having his birthday there so maybe a cake just for him might brighten his spirits, and I'm even considering waiting until we get to WDW to celebrate our 12th anniversery.
Is there some kind of a photo section here showing the cakes offered at WDW like a catalog list? Or can I at least find out EXACTLY what's available. From the looks of it you can order just about anything you can think of. Too good to be true, so I bet it is.
OCT 2007 US/IOA I-DRIVE
FEB 2011 WDW CARIBBEAN BEACH

DH DW DS DS
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2007, 08:11 AM   #1443
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkcMom View Post
Thanks so much for the information! So since our trip is in December that means I can't order til November right???
Yes. But honestly, I wouldn't order too early anyway because I just think that gives them more opportunity to either lose or mess up your order.

As for the cake options, it sounds like you do pretty much have the choice of just about anything you can imagine, although I think there are limits and it's possible that they can't do something that you want. And one thing we know for sure is that you can't get any Pooh characters on a cake for licensing reasons.

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 06-19-2007, 09:02 AM   #1444
Cloudless Nights
DIS Veteran

This thread is extremely informative, but I still have a couple of questions.

My family (my parents and I) are heading to WDW in Sept. for the free dining. I (age 17) want to surprise them with a cake at CP for their 25th anniversary because they weren't able to celebrate it in May for reasons I won't get into now.

My questions:
Do you have to pay full price at booking?
And do they take cash?

I don't have a credit card yet, so that may be a problem. Though I may be able to ask older DS to put it on hers (she's not going) and then pay her....
Old 06-19-2007, 09:04 AM   #1445
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudless Nights View Post
This thread is extremely informative, but I still have a couple of questions.

My family (my parents and I) are heading to WDW in Sept. for the free dining. I (age 17) want to surprise them with a cake at CP for their 25th anniversary because they weren't able to celebrate it in May for reasons I won't get into now.

My questions:
Do you have to pay full price at booking?
And do they take cash?

I don't have a credit card yet, so that may be a problem. Though I may be able to ask older DS to put it on hers (she's not going) and then pay her....
I believe they do take a CC but they do not charge it. They put the cake on the bill at the restaurant.

You could call and see what they could do for you.
Old 06-19-2007, 09:13 AM   #1446
squitty
With a little bit of Pixie Dust
Finds it hard to type with her eyes closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveDmouse View Post
That looks nice. Did he order it ahead of time or did he just walk in and get it? I think that is what we are going to try this year instead of ordering just seeing what they have there.
Hi,

Sorry for not replying to you sooner.

Yes he ordered it in advance, he rang about 2 days before he picked the cake up.

Hope this helps.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:02 AM   #1447
SkcMom
Wife of a Deadhead, Mommy of a princess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelleigh1 View Post
Yes. But honestly, I wouldn't order too early anyway because I just think that gives them more opportunity to either lose or mess up your order.

As for the cake options, it sounds like you do pretty much have the choice of just about anything you can imagine, although I think there are limits and it's possible that they can't do something that you want. And one thing we know for sure is that you can't get any Pooh characters on a cake for licensing reasons.
Thank you VERY much for your help!! I will remember about the Pooh situation. My DD loves The Cheshire Cat the most anyway so hopefully they can do that for me.
POP Sept. 2008 Girls only trip!!!
CSR Jan. 2010
CSR Sept. 2011
Old 06-19-2007, 11:07 AM   #1448
soccerEAGLE09
True Disney Princess

Help needed for a Newbie.

Hey cake experts, I need some help.

I just ordered my Dad a birthday cake for our upcoming trip. I got an 8 inch, marble, with buttercream filling and vanilla frosting. Also I got them to add one of those white chocolate Goofys on the cake. My fear is that it will be too much "white" on the cake. What are your thoughts? Does Disney "spice" the cake up by adding the wording and designs in other colors, I just don't want it to look like a wedding cake . Any reassurence would be awesome!
Old 06-19-2007, 12:22 PM   #1449
JJ&JSMOM
DIS Veteran

I love all the cakes but I really like cakes 17C & 17D w/the stand up princess design. Anyone have any idea how to request that or what that would be called? I am not a cake/baking person so I have no idea. Maybe just request the type of cake and then on top ask for a standup princess...I don't know..is it a cookie or made out of sugar? Thanks for any info ...I'd like to order a princess themed cake for DD4 at CRT.

[
Old 06-19-2007, 12:28 PM   #1450
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ&JSMOM View Post
I love all the cakes but I really like cakes 17C & 17D w/the stand up princess design. Anyone have any idea how to request that or what that would be called? I am not a cake/baking person so I have no idea. Maybe just request the type of cake and then on top ask for a standup princess...I don't know..is it a cookie or made out of sugar? Thanks for any info ...I'd like to order a princess themed cake for DD4 at CRT.
Those cakes were made at GF so I don't know if the CRT can do it. GF has their own bakery.

The tops are made of white chocolate. I would call and try and describe it and see if they know what you mean and if they can do it.

Hopefully, one of those DISers who got those cakes can tell you how they ordered it.
Old 06-19-2007, 01:39 PM   #1451
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

They're screen printed white chocolate stand-ups, or something like that I was told when I ordered ours (Mickey and Minnie). Originally I was planning to order from Chef Mickey's. They told me that they could get the chocolate stand-up from the GF to go on my cake. Maybe CRT could do the same? (I ended up ordering from the GF in the end.)

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Old 06-19-2007, 02:02 PM   #1452
clownfish1452
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beattyfamily View Post
Those cakes were made at GF so I don't know if the CRT can do it. GF has their own bakery.

The tops are made of white chocolate. I would call and try and describe it and see if they know what you mean and if they can do it.

Hopefully, one of those DISers who got those cakes can tell you how they ordered it.
No, they do not do them tops at CRT. I already called.

Sarah

Thank You Judi
Old 06-19-2007, 02:03 PM   #1453
clownfish1452
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I believe they do take a CC but they do not charge it. They put the cake on the bill at the restaurant.

You could call and see what they could do for you.
When I order my cake for august they did not ask me for a CC.

Sarah

Thank You Judi
Old 06-19-2007, 02:07 PM   #1454
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles

Quote:
Originally Posted by clownfish1452 View Post
When I order my cake for august they did not ask me for a CC.

Sarah
Yes, some CMs do ask for it and some do not. They did ask for my CC when I ordered the chocolate Mickey and strawberries but didn't charge my card until after I received them.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:10 PM   #1455
clownfish1452
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, some CMs do ask for it and some do not. They did ask for my CC when I ordered the chocolate Mickey and strawberries but didn't charge my card until after I received them.
It may also depend on the place you order from. They may have different polices. I order a cake from CRT.

Sarah

Thank You Judi
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: