Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2006, 08:24 PM   #121
princesstigerlilly
Mouseketeer

Thanks for putting this together zurgswife! I have to order a cake for my DD at 1900PF and now I have a good idea of what I'd like!
Old 08-10-2006, 08:43 PM   #122
triplefigs
Triple Chick
Triple the Kids
Triple the FUN!
Bama Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurgswife
Call WDW dine and ask them about speciality cakes for either of those restuarants...they should give you a number to contact the restuarant directly. Then you can post the number here and I can add it to the list.
I wonder if Private Dining at the Poly does the one's for Kona or if the restaurant does them? I'll call and post what I find out.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-11-2006, 04:59 AM   #123
magicmouse2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurgswife
cake 10

Here is a link to one I ordered from the GF at 1900 Park Fair in 2004

This is the cake I would like for my anniversary - how much did this one cost and can you get the 8 inch size in it or cinderella topper?
Thanks
Old 08-11-2006, 07:21 AM   #124
zurgswife
WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is better!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmouse2
This is the cake I would like for my anniversary - how much did this one cost and can you get the 8 inch size in it or cinderella topper?
Thanks
To get specifics I suggest callling the restuarant the cake was purchased from; which is the 1900 Park fare in this case, and ask those specific questions.

In Honor of Robin Costello I will miss you my dear friend.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:48 AM   #125
magicmouse2
DIS Veteran

Does the cake have any sort of reference no. or code ? or do I just describe what I would like ?
Old 08-11-2006, 09:25 AM   #126
ukwildcat
Will always bleed blue. GO CATS!!!

I would just like to add a little clarity as to what cakes are available at each location.

Each location has specific cakes. You can, however, get special cakes (whatever you can imagine) made at the GF bakery and delivered to your restaurant.

The more extensive your request the more pricey the cake. Hope that helps.

Numerous Off-Site Trips as a Child to Disneyland/WDW March 1999 - Off-Site Marriot Orlando World Center March 2000 - Coronado Springs (engagement trip) August 2000 - Dixie Landings March 2005 - Coronado Springs May 2005 - Carribean Beach May 2005 - Shades of Green June 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge August 2005 - Wilderness Lodge November 2005 - Yacht Club April 2006 - POR June 2006 - Polynesian July 2006 - Yacht Club August 2006 - All Star Sports September 2006 - Wilderness LodgeJuly 2007 - Yacht ClubAugust 2007 - Beach Club VillasOctober 2007 - Saratoga Springs/Beach Club VillasDecember 2007 - Polynesian

Me DW DS DD
Old 08-12-2006, 06:58 PM   #127
jetsetter90
You didn't try to toggle your tag, did you? Best leave that to the professionals!! ;)
Don't know what we can do about world peace, but we'll be happy to work your family over.....um, I mean work ON your family!

Thanks zurgswife

Does anyone have the price for the chocolate covered strawberries?

TTFN
Jetsetter90
10/14 BWV,9/14 POP,8/14 AKVKidani,5/14 OKW,8/13 POP,6/13 Disneyland,12/12 BWV,10/12 BWV, AK,OKW,BL,8/12 POP,1/12 BW,8/11 POR,5/11 BWV,10/09 POP, 8/09 NB Paris, 9/08 POP, 2/08 AKV, 9/07 POP, 8/06 BWI/BC, 9/05 POP, 3/05 BWV, 8/04 BCV, 11/03 OKW & GF, 8/03 Wonder & YC & WLV, 5/03 Dolphin, 11/02 Swan, 2/02 Polynesian, 8/01 BWI,8/99 Wonder & ASM, 2/98 Contemporary, 11/96 CBR
Old 08-13-2006, 11:31 AM   #128
southgal
Mouseketeer

What am I doing wrong?

I want to have a bday cake with Donald Duck on it for our dinner at Chef Mickey's. I called them and they said they do the cupcake and placemat thingy, and I could purchase a cake with either mickey or minnie on it. Am I mistaken thinking I could get a Donald cake? I would appreciate any guidance!
Old 08-13-2006, 12:09 PM   #129
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by southgal
I want to have a bday cake with Donald Duck on it for our dinner at Chef Mickey's. I called them and they said they do the cupcake and placemat thingy, and I could purchase a cake with either mickey or minnie on it. Am I mistaken thinking I could get a Donald cake? I would appreciate any guidance!
It depends on where you are eating. You will find that different restuarants are able to do different cakes. Those spots with on-site bakeries can do the nicest cakes. THat's the big reason we're eating at GF Cafe...I need a particular cake. If you are eating at a restaurant with no bakery, you won't be able to get to much choice in what you can choose from. I don't believe there is bakery, per se, at Chef Mickey's.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:27 PM   #130
ukwildcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink
It depends on where you are eating. You will find that different restuarants are able to do different cakes. Those spots with on-site bakeries can do the nicest cakes. THat's the big reason we're eating at GF Cafe...I need a particular cake. If you are eating at a restaurant with no bakery, you won't be able to get to much choice in what you can choose from. I don't believe there is bakery, per se, at Chef Mickey's.
I will post my previous post here again. You can get whatever cake you can imagine at any location through the GF bakery. See the phone numbers on the first post of this thread.

I would just like to add a little clarity as to what cakes are available at each location.

Each location has specific cakes. You can, however, get special cakes (whatever you can imagine) made at the GF bakery and delivered to your restaurant.

Numerous Off-Site Trips as a Child to Disneyland/WDW March 1999 - Off-Site Marriot Orlando World Center March 2000 - Coronado Springs (engagement trip) August 2000 - Dixie Landings March 2005 - Coronado Springs May 2005 - Carribean Beach May 2005 - Shades of Green June 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge August 2005 - Wilderness Lodge November 2005 - Yacht Club April 2006 - POR June 2006 - Polynesian July 2006 - Yacht Club August 2006 - All Star Sports September 2006 - Wilderness LodgeJuly 2007 - Yacht ClubAugust 2007 - Beach Club VillasOctober 2007 - Saratoga Springs/Beach Club VillasDecember 2007 - Polynesian

Me DW DS DD
Old 08-13-2006, 07:37 PM   #131
disney queen
DIS Veteran

when ordering a cake for jiko at AKL, you will need to speak w/a CM in in-room dining.
Old 08-13-2006, 09:25 PM   #132
hmmchowell
Drool Dude!!!

Bump!
Old 08-14-2006, 08:08 AM   #133
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukwildcat
I will post my previous post here again. You can get whatever cake you can imagine at any location through the GF bakery. See the phone numbers on the first post of this thread.

Are you absolutely sure?? I've been told, several times now, that if I want a cake made at the GF bakery, I have to be eating at the GF, at one of their restuarants. I was told that they do not deliver to other restuarants...otherwise I would have changed my lunch spot. Just curious.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:17 AM   #134
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Quote:
Are you absolutely sure?? I've been told, several times now, that if I want a cake made at the GF bakery, I have to be eating at the GF, at one of their restuarants. I was told that they do not deliver to other restuarants...otherwise I would have changed my lunch spot. Just curious.
ITA. That has been my experience as well. I tried to get a cake at PSB and LTT and both locations told me they only offer a generic (frozen) cake that cannot be personalized.

I've read the same about Chef Mickey's.

As far as I know you can only get GF cakes at the GF unless you are maybe Concierge at one of the monorail resorts; then you can probably arrange to have it delivered for a high cost.

I have never heard of anyone being able to arrange a cake to be delivered to the value resorts; but instead they stop at the Boardwalk bakery and get something.

I think it really depends on where you are eating/staying on what kind of cake, if any you can get.

The best advice is to call the resort/restaurant and find out for sure.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:41 AM   #135
ukwildcat

Quote:
Unless I am just the luckiest person at WDW, I have had cakes from the GF bakery delivered to CR (concourse), Poly ('Ohana), and WL (WCC) - this one for Sept. 1.

I have spoken with the Food and Bev manager at each location (Not just the restaurant manager - the actual Food and Bev manager for the resort) and when I requested a special cake they put me in touch with the GF bakery. When I explained to the GF pastry chef that I wanted a special cake, I e-mailed the specifics to him. They (GF pastry chef) e-mailed back with a price quote, and then I e-mailed or called in my credit card.

The Food and Bev manager (at the resort I am dining at) then attaches to my ADR that I have a special cake from the GF bakery waiting in the kitchen. The GF bakery takes care of delivering it to your requested restaurant.

I'm not saying the cakes I have ordered are cheap ( I think they are a bit pricey - dad is a pastry chef in st. louis and that is what I am basing my prices on), but I wanted something more than the run of the mill cakes at the restaurants. Each time we were celebrating something special.

I can't possibly be that special in the eyes of WDW. If I can be of more help, please ask.

Me DW DS DD

Last edited by ukwildcat; 08-14-2006 at 09:47 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: