Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 07:57 PM   #901
Aquagirl
Move like a jellyfish, rhythm is nothing, you go with the flow you don't stop.

Has Disney discontinued the 8 inch cake. I called to order one at WL today and the 6 in. and the 10 in. are the only ones available. You can only customize the 10 inch. I know that someone else mentioned that the GF told them the same thing.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:25 PM   #902
Fairy_Tale_Bride
DIS Veteran

Just ordered a cake for my Dad's 60th birthday! We are going to surprise him at his birthday dinner at the Flying Fish Cafe! They didn't seem to have many cake options for me though and the only way to get a character on the cake was to order a large cake that feeds 16 people.

Dream_Maker

Make sure to find me!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2007, 07:15 AM   #903
tnmom25
I don't say anything funny, I just laugh at everyone else!

Question Two Questions....

Anyone know what the smallest cake they have is? I only need it for 8 ppl, including 2 toddlers, so a large cake would be a waste.

Also, does anyone make a character cake with Goofy on it?

I'm wanting it sent to CM for dh's surprise bday dinner and have Goofy deliver it to our table.

2006, 2007, 2008 Offsite ~ March 2010 Princess Half Marathon ASMu ~ Sept.2010 POR ~ Feb.2011 Offsite ~ October 2012 Offsite ~ December 2013 Offsite
Old 03-02-2007, 07:28 AM   #904
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Does anyone have pictures of the cakes available at the Boardwalk Bakery...the ones you can buy right out of the case?

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 03-02-2007, 07:33 AM   #905
marivaid
My mother is a Pluto molester.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquagirl View Post
Has Disney discontinued the 8 inch cake. I called to order one at WL today and the 6 in. and the 10 in. are the only ones available. You can only customize the 10 inch. I know that someone else mentioned that the GF told them the same thing.
I was told the same thing from the MK bakery (I wanted to get a cake at LTT). Apparently now, it's either the generic 6 inch cake, or if you want any special decorations you have to order the 10 inch one.

December 2006 ASMO & POFQ ** July 2007 Poly, BWI & Pop ** October 2007 AKL & Pop **
December 2007 ASMU, WL, BC & POFQ ** April 2008 Pop & CSR ** July 2008 Poly ** January 2009 CSR **
July 2009 CSR ** January 2010 HRH ** August 2010 CSR ** October 2010 CSR ** March 2011 CSR **
Old 03-02-2007, 08:39 AM   #906
Disney8704
I so need to do that!
I have 2 cats who LOVE to climb on top of EVERYTHING

Since they did away with the 6 inch cakes what about the mini castle cakes? Can they still be customized?
Old 03-02-2007, 08:44 AM   #907
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney8704 View Post
Since they did away with the 6 inch cakes what about the mini castle cakes? Can they still be customized?
They still have 6 inch but it is generic and frozen. They supposidly discontinued the 8 inch.

How do you mean 'customize'? Flavor? Decorations? Names?

The mini cakes are made in bulk and I read that there are 3 flavors:

chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse
yellow cake with white chocolate mousse
cheesecake

I doubt they can be customized in any other way though.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:44 PM   #908
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

You cannot customize the mini wedding cake. Like the above poster mentioned it is only chocolate/chocolate filling, vanilla/vanilla filling, or cheesecake. My hubby tried to surprise me with one at 1900 park fare, but the bakery kind of messed the surprise up when they told him it wouldnt be ready for another 30 mins even though he ordered it days ahead, and gave them a time we would be there. I honestly have to say while it was a nice and sweet thing he did for me I wouldnt ask him to order it for me again. The frosting was greasy (ie if you touched it and rubbed your fingers together it was slick like cirsco) kind of tasted that way also. the cake park of it was an extremely thin line of cake with almost nothing but filling, and a small bottom layer of cake. The white castle on top is Hollow, and was about the only decent tasting thing on it. Now I am NOT trying to say GF bakery can't do some wonderfull things cause I have no doubt they can, but they just left a bad taste in my mouth with the customer service, the complete lack of friendly attitude. Just wanted to throw a suggestion might want to revamp the details on the first page, as GF told me they only would allow chocolate/chocolate filling, and vanilla/vanilla filling on both 6 inch, and 8 inch, and would NOT allow me to customize the 8 inch as was previously posted on here you could do.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:46 PM   #909
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney8704 View Post
I wanted to add, no you cannot customize at all the mini castle wedding cake, and also the 8 inch cakes cannot be customized per GF bakery anymore either. You will need to order a large cake that feeds starting at 16 people in order for them to allow you to customize it. I was told by GF that the starting price for a 10 inch cake was between 50-60 dollars, then there is extra costs for your decorations which can start at 25 each decoration you choose. This was told to me by the chef, and the bakery department when I called 3 different times.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:20 PM   #910
tampabrat22
Mouseketeer

Where do you get the cupcakes that I have seen pictured? I would be happy just to get something like that! Can you order those? And if so from where?

Jessica

US/IOA Apr. 2009 TR
Old 03-02-2007, 05:10 PM   #911
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

We were given one during our breakfast at Chef Mickeys as a congrats on our honeymoon. You might could get one at Boardwalk bakery, but honestly I really don't recall if I saw one there, but I would think they might have them. never heard of anyone ordering a cupcake.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #912
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyshell View Post
Thanks Lostgirlz! I hadn't thought about picking them up somewhere. You wouldn't have to preorder the strawberries, right? They just always have some?
I saw them in the case at the Main Street Confectionary when I went in there. I can't remember at Goofy's since I was overwhelmed with all I could choose from. I know I saw them at Main street in the glass case, and at Sweet spells by the villan shop they were making them fresh there and were very nice sized ones. Sweet Spells is in MGM when you enter the park and head straight down the road it's on your left.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:17 PM   #913
bamagirl@hrt
DIS Veteran

I haven't dealt with the GF bakery directly, because I'm planning a private dinner at the GF for DH & I. However, I saw a picture on this thread of a cake that I wanted. It was small, 6" I guess, but tall. It was covered in fondant with gold Mickey heads stamped on the side. It was topped with a white chocolate Mickey & Minnie. The person I'm working with in private dining got a quote of $55 for me for the cake. (I'd sent a picture to her via email) The bakery said I could have chocolate or vanilla cake. I was given the options of chocolate mousse, white chocolate mousse, raspberry mousse, or custard & fresh fruit filling. I can have the Mickey heads stamped in gold or silver.

Like I said, I haven't dealt with the bakery personally, but it didn't seem to be a problem at all to get exactly what I wanted. Here's sending pixie dust to those of you trying to order a special cake. Looks like Disney would realize that they could make tons of $$ by making this process easier.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:32 PM   #914
Yzerbear19
I'm beautifully tragic - Elphaba (Wicked)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marivaid View Post
I was told the same thing from the MK bakery (I wanted to get a cake at LTT). Apparently now, it's either the generic 6 inch cake, or if you want any special decorations you have to order the 10 inch one.
That stinks! I wonder why they are doing away with the 8 in cakes? The only thing that I can think of is that they are so popular that they were getting overwhelmed with all the orders that if they only do the generic or large cakes (which cost more) they won't have to make as many special custom cakes. Or they just want to make more money. I'm glad that i was able to order the 8 in when we want and got it the way I wanted. If I was to go again for a birthday I don't think I would order a cake because: A) I wouldn't have enough people to eat a 10 in cake B) the generic cakes look yucky C) I wouldn't want to pay all that money for a cake.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:16 PM   #915
sweet_mel
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamagirl@hrt View Post
I haven't dealt with the GF bakery directly, because I'm planning a private dinner at the GF for DH & I. However, I saw a picture on this thread of a cake that I wanted. It was small, 6" I guess, but tall. It was covered in fondant with gold Mickey heads stamped on the side. It was topped with a white chocolate Mickey & Minnie. The person I'm working with in private dining got a quote of $55 for me for the cake. (I'd sent a picture to her via email) The bakery said I could have chocolate or vanilla cake. I was given the options of chocolate mousse, white chocolate mousse, raspberry mousse, or custard & fresh fruit filling. I can have the Mickey heads stamped in gold or silver.

Like I said, I haven't dealt with the bakery personally, but it didn't seem to be a problem at all to get exactly what I wanted. Here's sending pixie dust to those of you trying to order a special cake. Looks like Disney would realize that they could make tons of $$ by making this process easier.
This cake is EXACTLY what I want! So hopefully when I'll call I'll get lucky and somebody will be helpful... I've got over 5 months to go though so maybe when it gets closer to my trip their service will have improved... Here's to hoping!

Upcoming Trips
-July 5th-8th 2007: 3 night cruise on the wonder. Cast:
-December 13th-17th 2007: Beach Club. Cast: and

Not Planned but hoping for
-August 14th-21st 2008: Beach Club/Disney Wonder. Cast: and
-October 10th-14th 2008 (or whenever Fall break falls): Grand Floridian. Cast: and

Previous Trips
-May 2000: Beach Club/Disney Magic. Cast: and
-? 1998: CBR. Cast: and

Me:
DBF:
DMom:
DDad:
NSDB(not so darling brother): (can you feel the family love? )
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: