Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 03:57 PM   #886
Yzerbear19
I'm beautifully tragic - Elphaba (Wicked)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzbuzz21 View Post
Would they put a picture of the rescuers on the cake, this is her alltime fav disney movie, also how far before the dinner do we need to phone and order the cake? thanks very much for any help
They should be able to do the Rescuers, though in order to do that you have to have the 8 in cake and the edible image will be an additional cost.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:34 PM   #887
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

To the person asking about the slipper. You can only get it at GF if dining there, or having tea there. Only other place that does the slipper is Cinderellas Royal Table. To the poster about the 6inch cake. That's a frozen generic cake. cannot be sutomized, and I believe says only happy birthday.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2007, 09:54 PM   #888
luvhockey
Mouseketeer

Another question about GF and getting the choc slipper. We may plan the pirate cruise for our 2 boys for their birthdays. If we sent them on their way and then planned to have a cappuccino in the GF Cafe would that enable me to get the slipper or other choc statues? Or, does it have to be an actual ADR meal?
Thanks everyone
Angela
Old 02-27-2007, 05:52 AM   #889
momofdbsdc
momofdbsdca

Hi Angela- i think that you would need an ADR. I would just make an adr for when your kids are on the cruise and then call GF to arrange the slipper. I am ordering one for my girls when we go to tea.

Happy Planning!
Kim
momofdbsdca

Dakota 9-24-93
Brandon 3-31-96
Savannah 1-7-98
Dalton 7-20-99
Cameron 7-24-01
Ashleigh 9-15-03
Old 02-27-2007, 09:41 PM   #890
goofyshell
DIS Veteran

I would like to get a tray of the tuxedo strawberries for our fifteenth anniversary. Will GF do them and deliver them to us at Park Fare for dinner? Can you get the strawberries without the chocolate mickey (I just don't think we'd eat him)?

We're staying at POR so that's not an option. TIA!
Old 02-28-2007, 05:30 AM   #891
buzzbuzz21
i love mickey waffles!

Thanks for the reply about having the rescuers on the cake, she will love it if we can order it. Does anyone know if they provide a box to take the leftover cake home? We are eating at CRT so will they provide something so that we can take the cake back to our room?

Old 02-28-2007, 05:47 AM   #892
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

We had the mickey head cake at Crystal Palace for dd's birthday in January. They not only boxed the cake but offered to keep it for us if we wanted. We could come back to the park when we were leaving to pick it up. We opted to take it with us since we were staying for Spectro then heading back to the Poly and since it was January we didn't have to worry about refrigerating the cake!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
Old 02-28-2007, 07:29 AM   #893
Praise2Him
DIS Veteran

In September at CRT they boxed up the cake and kept it for us until we were ready to leave the park.

Rodney Lisa Kenton Tiffany Kevin Leighton Jayden Lana
Old 02-28-2007, 07:29 AM   #894
Toesmom1
Mouseketeer

Birthday cakes at Chef Mickey's

Anyone have a special order birthday cake at Chef Mickey's? Will be there for DS's 11th & wondered what others had gotten.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:12 AM   #895
thptrek
DIS Veteran

Does the Mickey Mouse head cake only come in all chocolate? It seems that all the pics and descriptions of it only mention it being chocolate with a chocolate filling.

New DVC Member 2013 (BLT) - First Trip Home March 14
Old 02-28-2007, 02:14 PM   #896
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

I know GF told us when I asked if we ordered a cake for 1900 breakfast if they would kindly hold it for us, and we would pick it up on our way out that afternoon to head to our hotel to get ready for dinner. The exact answer I got from them was we will box it up for you and it should be fine for you to carry around the park all day. Sorry, but I have gotten very jaded towards the GF, and I really hate that this has happend cause they are VERY nice people at the 1900 breakfast, but the service at the bakery was horrid. Heh even the mini wedding cake my DH ordered as a surprise for me got ruined cause the bakery did not even have it ready, and would for another half hour. We were way done with breakfast when they anounced this and he had asked about the cake being brought out. They finally worked something out, but originally they wanted to know if we could wait at 1900 for about 40 more mins for it. Well, we had plans to be at AK since we had missed our AK day, and just wanted to at least see it a bit, and ride everest before our primetime adr for lunch, so we couldnt wait. I really would love to have tried one of the delicious sounding cakes from GF, but they have changed their policy it seems and now no longer offers a custom cake if you order an 8 inch, it's only chocolate/chocolate, or vanilla/vanilla. Not what I learned from here before I called. They aso seem to rather have you call your own resorts bakery since I was told I needed to call AKL, and not them the first time I called.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:17 PM   #897
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofyshell View Post
I would like to get a tray of the tuxedo strawberries for our fifteenth anniversary. Will GF do them and deliver them to us at Park Fare for dinner? Can you get the strawberries without the chocolate mickey (I just don't think we'd eat him)?

We're staying at POR so that's not an option. TIA!
You can also pick up the chocolate strawberries in Tux, reg choco, white choco, at any of the candy stores including the Main Street confectionary to be boxed up to go if you would like to take them back to your hotel. Not sure about GF I am sure they could, but the service we had was so rude, I am to nervous to deal with them again. We ordered ours on the honeymoon package from AKL, and it was great.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:30 PM   #898
Yzerbear19
I'm beautifully tragic - Elphaba (Wicked)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
We had the mickey head cake at Crystal Palace for dd's birthday in January. They not only boxed the cake but offered to keep it for us if we wanted. We could come back to the park when we were leaving to pick it up. We opted to take it with us since we were staying for Spectro then heading back to the Poly and since it was January we didn't have to worry about refrigerating the cake!
Just want to say that for our cake the Crystal Palace boxed it up for us and held on to it while we went to go enjoy the park. Since it was extra magic hours they were actually closed when I went back at 11 to pick it up, but they were cleaning up and let me wait while they got it from the cooler. The box it came in was rather large and I'm glad we didn't try carrying it with us while we rode the rides. At Pop the next morning I asked for a couple of the plastic containers they put the cheesecake, etc in so that I could take the rest of the cake home with us on the plane. The pieces we brought home actually made it home in one piece ()!
Old 02-28-2007, 05:59 PM   #899
Fairy_Tale_Bride
DIS Veteran

I am trying to order a cake for my Dad's birthday for our dinner at Flying Fish Cafe on the Boardwalk. Who do I call? Would I call the Boardwalk Bakery? Any ideas?

Dream_Maker

Make sure to find me!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 09:30 AM   #900
goofyshell
DIS Veteran

Thanks Lostgirlz! I hadn't thought about picking them up somewhere. You wouldn't have to preorder the strawberries, right? They just always have some?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: