Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 02:50 PM   #676
RSoxFan
Give Me Beach Club or Give Me Death!
Must stay away from wands

I'm sorry if I'm repeating something that's already been asked and answered. I want to surprise my parents with a cake for their 30th Anniversary during our trip in July. I want to order the Mini Castle cake from the Grand Floridian Bakery and eat it at the Cali Grill. Does anyone know if the GF will deliver it or if I have to pick it up? I'd really like it to be a surprise, so it would be better if it could be delivered.

Thanks!
Old 01-12-2007, 08:44 AM   #677
princess@heart
Need a sprinkling of Fairy Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSoxFan View Post
Does anyone know if the GF will deliver it or if I have to pick it up? I'd really like it to be a surprise, so it would be better if it could be delivered.

Thanks!
From what I understand, the GF will deliver, but they charge you $75.

As for pick-up, I'd call them. Some CMs say no pick-up, but one Disser got a CM who let them pick up their cake at Gasparilla Grill.

WDW '95 - off property.....WDW '05 - Polynesian Resort.....WDW '06 - Coronado Springs Resort.....WDW and DCL '07 - Caribbean Beach Resort and Wonder.....DL '07 - Disneyland Hotel.....DL '09 - off property.....WDW '12 - off property.....
WDW Feb '14 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2007, 05:25 PM   #678
kellieflgirl
Earning My Ears

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess@heart View Post
From what I understand, the GF will deliver, but they charge you $75.

As for pick-up, I'd call them. Some CMs say no pick-up, but one Disser got a CM who let them pick up their cake at Gasparilla Grill.
I called yesterday and spoke with a gal named Linda @ GF. I had decided that I really wanted the little castle cake instead of a plain one from Olivia's @ OKW. She was really nice and said they didn't deliver to SSR but, that I could pick up at Gasparilla Grill on Monday afternoon! YEAH!!!

Old 01-13-2007, 10:53 AM   #679
princess@heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellieflgirl View Post
I called yesterday and spoke with a gal named Linda @ GF. I had decided that I really wanted the little castle cake instead of a plain one from Olivia's @ OKW. She was really nice and said they didn't deliver to SSR but, that I could pick up at Gasparilla Grill on Monday afternoon! YEAH!!!
Awesome!!!

WDW '95 - off property.....WDW '05 - Polynesian Resort.....WDW '06 - Coronado Springs Resort.....WDW and DCL '07 - Caribbean Beach Resort and Wonder.....DL '07 - Disneyland Hotel.....DL '09 - off property.....WDW '12 - off property.....
Old 01-15-2007, 04:54 PM   #680
karenTX
Still waiting for that darn Tag Fairy!!!

An Ohana's birthday cake question

Sorry if this has already been asked on here but I don't have time to search the entire thread. (DD's naptime is getting too short!)

My DH's birthday is the week we are at WDW. Ohana's will be the first night dinner and I'd like to have a cake delivered. I was thinking about the 6" since there is only the 3 of us. But...is the 6" a nice special order type cake that I can customize or is it the frozen generic, stick a happy birthday (or anniversary, or whatever) sign on it and go? You know, the white cake, white icing and colored sprinkles one. I know DH would like something a little more special then that one due to this being the "BIG" birthday!

Thanks for whatever help you all can send my way!!

Born 3 Months Too Soon!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/2ib6gwydfzyue3sh.png[/img]
Old 01-15-2007, 05:26 PM   #681
tarheel618
DIS Veteran

subscribing
Old 01-15-2007, 06:27 PM   #682
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

karenTX, I've seen some delicious looking cakes on this thread from 'Ohana, but I think they were 8" cakes. I believe the 6" cakes aren't customizable, but I'm not positive. Is there a number for 'Ohana on page 1? I'd call and ask them what they can do for you. The two cakes I clearly remember seeing from 'Ohana were both chocolate and looked SO good!

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Old 01-15-2007, 08:08 PM   #683
mollyseven
DIS Veteran

We have dinner booked next week for my husbands birthday at le cellier and when I called about a cake the guy told me the smallest cake i can get is the 8inch (i think) it's 25.00 and you could pick white or choc and white or choc icing....that was it. It feeds like 8 people and there is only the 4 of us but there wasn't another choice so I had to take it. I have no idea what I will do with the leftovers since we are staying for late pm hours at the park.....Any thoughts on what I can do with the cake???
Denise

May 2006 Pop Century.......January 2007 CBR.......January 2008....CBR No kids!!!!
March 2008 POR..10 days!!.....Christmas 2008 CSR grand gathering !!!
March 2010 POFQ Italy summer 2010 Universal Hard Rock Dec. 2010
Dolphin Resort April 2011 Star Wars Weekend May 2011
Christmas 2012 CBR Jan. 30/2014 Riverside!!
Old 01-15-2007, 08:26 PM   #684
texas munchkin
Mouseketeer

If you really don't want to carry the cake around with you, then you could always share with neighboring tables... spread a little pixie dust.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:44 PM   #685
LCtonra
Mouseketeer

cake delivery?

I will be staying at POR for valentines day...does anyone know of a bakery that will deliver a cake to our room and some tuxedo strawberries or do they only deliver to deluxe resorts? Thanks for any info
Old 01-15-2007, 09:29 PM   #686
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

You may need to call POR about that. Boardwalk, and GF are not going to deliver. Last word on the street was that if you did have GF deliver something there is a 75 dollar fee for it. You can call Boardwalk and arrange it so you can pick the cake up. I would call and see about picking it up if this is something you might be able to do.
Old 01-15-2007, 10:50 PM   #687
princess@heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenTX View Post
But...is the 6" a nice special order type cake that I can customize or is it the frozen generic, stick a happy birthday (or anniversary, or whatever) sign on it and go? You know, the white cake, white icing and colored sprinkles one.

This is the 6" cake I ordered from Ohana to be delivered to the Spirit of Aloha dinner show...

In my opinion, don't waste your money on the 6" cake. If you want a nice cake, you'll have to go for the 8" which costs twice as much but I'm sure has to taste twice as good. It's not hard to improve on Crisco and sugar frosting!

Plus the 8" can be customized.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:13 AM   #688
karenTX
Still waiting for that darn Tag Fairy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess@heart View Post
This is the 6" cake I ordered from Ohana to be delivered to the Spirit of Aloha dinner show...

In my opinion, don't waste your money on the 6" cake. If you want a nice cake, you'll have to go for the 8" which costs twice as much but I'm sure has to taste twice as good. It's not hard to improve on Crisco and sugar frosting!

Plus the 8" can be customized.
Thank you so much! That was exactly what I was thinking the 6" cake was!! Well, looks like we'll be getting the 8" and bringing the rest back to the room with us! I'll have to remember to pack the tupperware!

Born 3 Months Too Soon!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/2ib6gwydfzyue3sh.png[/img]
Old 01-16-2007, 07:34 AM   #689
amy2girls
I'm glad you put clothes on

How do I order a cake for Ohana's? I would like a custom cake. Thanks
Old 01-16-2007, 08:06 AM   #690
princess@heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenTX View Post
I'll have to remember to pack the tupperware!
Good idea!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: