Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #3826
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

How does the fondant taste?

My favorite cakes on here are the ones with marble or chocolate fondant. I do wonder how they taste. I know on the wedding cakes the fondant is removed before slicing. There must be a reason for that. Does it taste different on the wedding cakes than it does on the regular cakes? Just curious. TIA
(")_(")

Old 06-17-2008, 02:16 PM   #3827
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead

If the mods are okay with it, I'm going to attempt to start a new thread, but I'll need your help. I'm overwhelmed by just the thought of trying.

1st, does anyone know of any incorrect info on the 1st post? Copying that information would be much easier than starting over, but I don't want to add any misinformation.

2nd, I would appreciate PM's from anyone willing to share their experience on particular locations. For example, kinds of cake, icing & fillings available for each available cake size. I'd also appreciate info on other options available & what venue offers them (i.e. strawberries, castle cake, slipper, etc.)

If I'm going to do this, I will need help. I haven't even ordered a cake yet, so everything I've learned comes from this thread. For anyone who wants anything added, I'm open to suggestions. This may take awhile, so please be patient.

PS: I'm hoping for lots of PM.

ETA: If anyone has seen a cake posted on the DIS that hasn't been posted on this thread, I would appreciate a link to it.
(")_(")

Last edited by tarheelmjfan; 06-17-2008 at 02:23 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2008, 03:41 PM   #3828
Whipperwhirl
DIS Veteran

Love this thread

I could look at this thread all day - all the yummy cakes. We are going to be in WDW for my daughters 9th birthday 12/29. Since I recently realized this is the craziest week to go - Im big into making our own magic. I want to order a single layer - really extraordinary - birthday cake to be delivered at cinderellas Castle (time TBD) - on her birthday. Im willing to drop a little extra money on it to make it extra special. I know about the cake hotline - but how early is too early to call? I have ideas for the cake -how willing are they to work with you? Do you just order it and it shows up? Thanks! E
Old 06-17-2008, 04:10 PM   #3829
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead

One more question, before I start a new thread. Does everyone like this format http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1601839 ? This is what I'm thinking of doing & want to make sure everyone's okay with it.

PS: Mods, I know we've discussed starting a new thread a few times, but I'm hoping for official approval, before I do so much of the work. Please, let me know if I'm good to go.
(")_(")

Old 06-17-2008, 07:40 PM   #3830
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

This thread has exceeded the maximum size of 250 pages. Time for a new one

Here is a link to the new thread.

See you there!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread