Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 08:47 PM   #3811
Pumbaa_
Hakuna Matata!
My first attempts at gravy required slicing
It probably got lost in the scrolling

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stDisney View Post
Going to hollywood and vine w/ playhouse disney characters and would like to order a cake of Little Einsteins.Does anyone know if that can be done there and with that design?Also, can it be sent back to our resort, so we wouldn't have to carry it, our stroller, and 2 young kids? THANKS ALOT!!!!!! OH, we'll be leaving in 2 weeks

I would not bank on them holding it for you, and they are not able to send it back to your resort. Sorry!
Old 06-16-2008, 06:58 AM   #3812
connie1042
DIS Veteran

Cakes at Corral Reef

Has anyone had a cake made here. I loved the Micey and MInnie white chocolate, but they said they can not do that. Does anyone have a picture of the cake that was made for them here. Thanks for help
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-16-2008, 07:16 AM   #3813
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie1042 View Post
Has anyone had a cake made here. I loved the Micey and MInnie white chocolate, but they said they can not do that. Does anyone have a picture of the cake that was made for them here. Thanks for help
Try these links.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1767189&page=4

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1767189
Old 06-16-2008, 07:45 AM   #3814
dato63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie122 View Post
We got this cake last month - although from the options they gave me I didn't know it was going to have delicious almond crusty things on the outside! It was SO yummy! We had the option of anything we wanted on top but went with the Princesses since that was my daughter's wish and it was her Make a Wish trip. None of us wanted to leave this cake behind it was so very good but we were so stuffed from breakfast. Still, we all squeezed a LOT in

They wouldn't hold it for us in the fridge (the chef came out himself and said the staff would probably eat it!!) but they did say they would offer us a free 6" cake if we came back later in the day!! Sadly, we couldn't make it back in time to get the cake

Sorry for the bad pictures! Our cake says, "Have a magical wish trip Bella"
You may have already said and I missed it - but which place did you get this cake? It is very pretty. We are celebrating our twins 5th birthday at Cinderella's Royal Table, I've been looking at all the cakes as I'm clueless what to request still. But we have time

This cake is lovely, I like that they got all the princesses on it. It would be hard for me to figure out which is their one or two favorites.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:40 AM   #3815
Ms. WDW
DIS Veteran Who Won't Grow Up!
Dodging the Boardwalk surrey bikes is a thrill ride in itself!

I just found this thread and while I'd love to read all the posts, I can't; I'm at work.

I will be in WDW next week and it's my birthday!! If I order a cake through the Boardwalk Bakery, will they deliver it to our room?

I greatly appreciate all replies as I'm anxious enough about going and this will definately make this trip extra special!!!

Oh and an I have anything, any character I want on the cake??

Old 06-16-2008, 09:39 AM   #3816
Queenie122
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dato63 View Post
You may have already said and I missed it - but which place did you get this cake? It is very pretty. We are celebrating our twins 5th birthday at Cinderella's Royal Table, I've been looking at all the cakes as I'm clueless what to request still. But we have time

This cake is lovely, I like that they got all the princesses on it. It would be hard for me to figure out which is their one or two favorites.
This was at The Princess Storybook Breakfast at Norway in Epcot. They didn't have many options for the cake itself (just chocolate and vanilla) but most characters (minus Pixar I think) could be made on that sugar wafery edible thing that was on the top of the cake. I couldn't choose either, my daughter's favorite changes day to day and was deciding between that and Tinkerbell. I'm glad I went with the Princesses, she loved it.

The cake was unbelievably delicious and well well well worth the money. The only problem was that breakfast was so yummy we were pretty full by the time the cake came out!

If you have more questions let me know, I'm happy to answer them! Good luck!
Old 06-16-2008, 01:43 PM   #3817
LilGMom
It makes me want to Kiss on the lips!
I have caught myself laughing more than a few times

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stDisney View Post
Going to hollywood and vine w/ playhouse disney characters and would like to order a cake of Little Einsteins.Does anyone know if that can be done there and with that design?Also, can it be sent back to our resort, so we wouldn't have to carry it, our stroller, and 2 young kids? THANKS ALOT!!!!!! OH, we'll be leaving in 2 weeks
I'm not sure about what type of cake can be ordered there but I seriously doubt that they'd hold it or even send it to your resort. I'd suggest either getting the cake later in the day, get a cake at your resort or after you've eaten your fill see if anyone sitting around you would like some cake.

Good luck.
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo, Animal Kingdom Villas Kidani (aka "Home"), Bay Lake Towers, Beach Club Villas, Boardwalk Villas, Carribean Beach, The Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Old Key West, Pop Century, Port Orleans French Quarter & Riverside, Saratoga Springs (aka "Home"), Shades of Green, Swan, Treehouse Villas, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Wilderness Lodge, Yacht Club, & the Disney Dream.

Upcoming trips: Whenver we feel like it. Living close has its perks.
"Well if there's enough room for a chowder-head like you, then there is more than enough room for a dragon" - Pete's Dragon
Old 06-16-2008, 01:56 PM   #3818
Manda
DIS Veteran

Hello! We're taking our son to CRT for his 5th birthday (ON his actual birthday!). The whole trip is a surprise, but I want his actual birthday to be extra special. I'm planning on ordering him a special dessert at Cindy's, but it seems like I've only seen the glass slipper dessert or a full-sized cake. He'll think the glass slipper is girly and a whole cake is just too much. And I'd rather order a cake later than afternoon in our hotel room any way. Is there any other special dessert than can be ordered just for one person and is more boy appropriate? Can I just get a cupcake or something?? I've read that sometimes they surprise the birthday child with a cupcake, but I'd rather arrange it and pay for it to know for certain that his birthday lunch ends perfectly! Thanks!
~ Polynesian 9/07 - Free dining again! ~
~ Wilderness Lodge 1/08 - Just because we bought APs... ~
~ All Star Sports 2/08 - An unplanned stay thanks to a snowstorm that kept us in Orlando ~
~ Beach Club 8/08 - DS's surprise 5th birthday trip! ~
~ All Star Music 6/09 - Because I can't pass up a discount... ~
~ Bay Lake Tower 10/09 - Bounceback & MY birthday trip! ~
~ Port Orleans French Quarter 06/10 - Star Wars Weekends ~
~ Beach Club 08/10 - DS's 7th birthday trip ~
~ Pop Century 6/11 - Just 'cause I wanna. ~
~ Port Orleans French Quarter 02/13 - It's been a while... ~
Old 06-16-2008, 02:30 PM   #3819
princssdisnygina
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda View Post
Hello! We're taking our son to CRT for his 5th birthday (ON his actual birthday!). The whole trip is a surprise, but I want his actual birthday to be extra special. I'm planning on ordering him a special dessert at Cindy's, but it seems like I've only seen the glass slipper dessert or a full-sized cake. He'll think the glass slipper is girly and a whole cake is just too much. And I'd rather order a cake later than afternoon in our hotel room any way. Is there any other special dessert than can be ordered just for one person and is more boy appropriate? Can I just get a cupcake or something?? I've read that sometimes they surprise the birthday child with a cupcake, but I'd rather arrange it and pay for it to know for certain that his birthday lunch ends perfectly! Thanks!

If you tell them when you book it that it is your son's bday they will already know! Get him a bday pin to wear that day and they will notice... trust me! They will bring him a chocolate cupcake type thing covered in white icing! It is REALLY good!
Old 06-16-2008, 11:09 PM   #3820
adell557
Mouseketeer

I have heard people mentioning about a two layer castle cake?? What is this and if it is different from the mini castle cake, what is different?

Me DH DD4 DS20 mo.

Hoppin at the POP FRIDGE SWAP: Dates available in May, June, July and October

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1741729
Old 06-17-2008, 12:56 AM   #3821
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. WDW View Post
I just found this thread and while I'd love to read all the posts, I can't; I'm at work.

I will be in WDW next week and it's my birthday!! If I order a cake through the Boardwalk Bakery, will they deliver it to our room?

I greatly appreciate all replies as I'm anxious enough about going and this will definately make this trip extra special!!!

Oh and an I have anything, any character I want on the cake??
BW will deliver a cake if you are staying at BC/YC or BWI. Otherwise, you'll need to pick it up if you want the cake specifically from that bakery.

You can get an in room delivery at other resorts but you'll need to call the cake hotline listed on the first page to see what is available for each resort.

Theoretically, most characters should be available with a couple exceptions (Pooh and company seems to be a problem). Best to try the cake hotline and see what they can do for you.

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04
Old 06-17-2008, 05:29 AM   #3822
Ms. WDW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenjersnap View Post
BW will deliver a cake if you are staying at BC/YC or BWI. Otherwise, you'll need to pick it up if you want the cake specifically from that bakery.

You can get an in room delivery at other resorts but you'll need to call the cake hotline listed on the first page to see what is available for each resort.

Theoretically, most characters should be available with a couple exceptions (Pooh and company seems to be a problem). Best to try the cake hotline and see what they can do for you.

Well I called the hotline yesterday and got all the information. Since I'm at the BWV's they can deliver it right to our room. Now to just decide what I want; but that's half the fun.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:03 AM   #3823
time4Mickey
Mouseketeer

Anyone know what kind of cakes are available at the Poly? I am trying to decide if we should have one delivered to our room or wait til we eat at 1900 Park Fare.

Thanks,
Karen
Old 06-17-2008, 07:19 AM   #3824
Ms. WDW

Mine is coming to the room before we head out for dinner. I just didn't want to have to carry the cake around if we decide to go into the park afterwards, and we usually do that.

Call the hot line and they'll be more than happy to tell you what's available.

Old 06-17-2008, 07:31 AM   #3825
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by adell557 View Post
I have heard people mentioning about a two layer castle cake?? What is this and if it is different from the mini castle cake, what is different?
They just add another layer, since the single is meant for one. I found this link for you. Hope it helps.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post24936489
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: