Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 01:07 PM   #3736
Tink901
WDW Bride 2009 All it takes is Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust! WDW is truly MAGICAL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HALEYSMOMMOM View Post
OK, now the white chocolate molds of the characters, such as mickey and minnie with gold on them for accents, are only available at the GF, correct? Or maybe at CRT? We're not going to either of those places, so I can't get that, correct? Thanks for the clarification!

I know that they are available at the Yacht and Beach club restaurants also.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:20 PM   #3737
firechick139
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparop View Post
I was under the impression you could only get the castle cake topper at a GF restaurant or at CRT.

You can get the mini castle cake at CRT??? I thought it was only at GF. That would be GREAT because that is exactly what I would get my 5 year old for her birthday.

All Star Movies - Nov 7-16, 2008 (Grand Gathering)

Port Orleans Riverside - Nov. 7-15, 2009 (daughter & her dance class invited to dance at Disney!)
Pop Century - Aug. 4-16, 2014 (Mother/Daughter trip after 5 long years with no Disney!)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #3738
firechick139
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchywoman View Post
for all who have had the zebra cake at AKL, is it good? I'm thinking about ordering one to have delivered to our room after La Nouba that say's something along the lines for "DH I love you!" or something...also, better wording would be nice if anyone has anything to help....My husband is in the military, and I wanted something cute and witty for him for our honeymoon because I always call him my own personal GI Joe, but I'm blanking (perhaps thats because its after midnight and I only got a couple of hours of sleep last night). Thanks guys....

Oh, if people didn't like the zebra cake, is there anything from AKL that you would recommend?

Thanks again.

What is the zebra cake anyway? I've seen pictures of it, but is it just a regular cake with white chocolate fondant and chocolate drizzle?

All Star Movies - Nov 7-16, 2008 (Grand Gathering)

Port Orleans Riverside - Nov. 7-15, 2009 (daughter & her dance class invited to dance at Disney!)
Pop Century - Aug. 4-16, 2014 (Mother/Daughter trip after 5 long years with no Disney!)

Old 06-09-2008, 01:26 PM   #3739
shadowryter
DISNEYHOLIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by firechick139 View Post
You can get the mini castle cake at CRT??? I thought it was only at GF. That would be GREAT because that is exactly what I would get my 5 year old for her birthday.
Mini castle cakes are only for GF hotel guests and GF restaurants. Slipper desserts are exclusive for GF and CRT.

Last edited by shadowryter; 06-09-2008 at 01:27 PM. Reason: addition
Old 06-09-2008, 01:40 PM   #3740
PrincessMommyof3
DIS Veteran

I tried to order the mini-castle cake for my DD's b-day at CRT but they said it was exclusive to GF but I would be able to get the slipper dessert. We'll be there in 17 days!

Aug 2000 Contemporary Jun 2003 All Star Movies Nov 2005 Beach Club Villas Jun 2008 PO-Riverside

Old 06-09-2008, 02:44 PM   #3741
mskayjay
They were sooooo good I had um.....a few.....okay fine.....several!
I have the coolest memories of going on that ride over and over with my cousin

Quote:
Originally Posted by adell557 View Post
Found it Yeah!!!

Here is a link for the TUXEDO STRAWBERRIES pic!!!

Scroll down to post 9

http://www.disboards.com/showthread....o+strawberries
Nope that isn't it......It had the Mickey figurine standing on the plate and the tuxedoes berries around the base. The poster commented that her DH had already bitten one of the berries! lol They were much prettier than the ones here. Sooo....I'll bookmark this one so I can find you when I find it and let you know!! lol

Golf Resort (SOG now!)1974*Polynesian Resort 1976* Off site 1990*Tree House Villas 1992*Caribbean Beach Resort 1998*Off site 2004*Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006*Wilderness Lodge 2008*Wilderness Lodge 2009*Wilderness Lodge 2010*Animal Kingdom Villas 2011* Wilerness Lodge Villas 2011*
Old 06-09-2008, 02:54 PM   #3742
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Old 06-09-2008, 03:08 PM   #3743
dreamn_Disney
I am flippin hilarious
I had a look of horror on my face
have decided I am going to just squirt him with dish soap

When we are at CRT or 1900 I want to get the girls a special treat of slipper. What is available for boys?
"One hundred years from now...it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."
Forest E. Witcraft
Old 06-09-2008, 03:09 PM   #3744
mskayjay
They were sooooo good I had um.....a few.....okay fine.....several!
I have the coolest memories of going on that ride over and over with my cousin

YES! That is one of them!!!!!! It is so close to the one I saw that at least I can describe it better! Is that not just gorgeous!!!!!

thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!

Golf Resort (SOG now!)1974*Polynesian Resort 1976* Off site 1990*Tree House Villas 1992*Caribbean Beach Resort 1998*Off site 2004*Animal Kingdom Lodge 2006*Wilderness Lodge 2008*Wilderness Lodge 2009*Wilderness Lodge 2010*Animal Kingdom Villas 2011* Wilerness Lodge Villas 2011*
Old 06-09-2008, 03:18 PM   #3745
momof3poohlovers
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=Tinkerbelll;23776608]
Quote:
Originally Posted by walkerag View Post

DBF said it was about $60. There were only four of us, so in no way did we need a cake this big, but it was the smallest cake they could "customize" with a character, and he wanted to get my favorite, tinkerbell . The cake could easily have fed like 20 people. We took the rest home, though, and it was amazing all week long!
Does anyone know how I can order this cake? I have tried to contact the cake hotline(I was told they only do standard white/chocolate cakes or the Mickey cake) and I even tried the GF bakery and Boardwalk Bakery and both times ended up I believe at the same place(private dining). Their idea of a "custom cake" is putting her name on it! It is my DD's 13th birthday and I would really like to get this cake for her. Please help!!! I have called several times and get the same answer-"NO, we only do basic white/chocolate cakes(other than Mickey cake) even in the bigger cakes!" I am getting so frustrated. Thanks!
Old 06-09-2008, 03:37 PM   #3746
Tink901
WDW Bride 2009 All it takes is Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust! WDW is truly MAGICAL!!

[QUOTE=momof3poohlovers;25587492]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelll View Post

Does anyone know how I can order this cake? I have tried to contact the cake hotline(I was told they only do standard white/chocolate cakes or the Mickey cake) and I even tried the GF bakery and Boardwalk Bakery and both times ended up I believe at the same place(private dining). Their idea of a "custom cake" is putting her name on it! It is my DD's 13th birthday and I would really like to get this cake for her. Please help!!! I have called several times and get the same answer-"NO, we only do basic white/chocolate cakes(other than Mickey cake) even in the bigger cakes!" I am getting so frustrated. Thanks!

I know when I have ordered I have placed my orders thru In-room dining. I have had to tell them I wanted I believe that is a 10" cake which can be customized which usually changes the normal white or chocolate only.

Good Luck!
Old 06-09-2008, 03:49 PM   #3747
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamn_Disney View Post
When we are at CRT or 1900 I want to get the girls a special treat of slipper. What is available for boys?
The only thing I can think of that might be better for a boy are the dog bones but they are only available at GF. Here is a photo:

Old 06-09-2008, 04:16 PM   #3748
HALEYSMOMMOM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink901 View Post
I know that they are available at the Yacht and Beach club restaurants also.
Hmmm, OK. I wonder if they are avail at Coral Reef? Probably not since it is the park?

Old 06-09-2008, 04:55 PM   #3749
javaj
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know what cake choices (flavor, frosting, filling, etc) are available at the Beach Club? I can call, but wanted to check here first if anyone had any info...

Thanks!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:12 PM   #3750
dreamn_Disney
I am flippin hilarious
I had a look of horror on my face
have decided I am going to just squirt him with dish soap

Quote:
Originally Posted by beattyfamily View Post
The only thing I can think of that might be better for a boy are the dog bones but they are only available at GF. Here is a photo:

Thanks that would be great. We are going to 1900 for breakfast. I guess we will be eating dessert with breakfast this day. The kids will find this great.
"One hundred years from now...it will not matter what my bank account was, the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove, but the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child."
Forest E. Witcraft
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: