Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 10:19 PM   #286
Disney8704
I so need to do that!
I have 2 cats who LOVE to climb on top of EVERYTHING

I was wondering something else. We are staying at the AKL and eating dinner at Boma the night we get there. I wanna order a cake for our anniversary from AKL but wanna have it delivered the day we get there instead of the next day which would be our anniversary. Can they deliver cakes to Boma or just to the rooms?
Old 09-16-2006, 10:32 PM   #287
floridadreams
Earning My Ears

This is our anniversary cake I had ordered from the GF bakery for his surprise GF Privite dinner!! It was so delicious and we actually took the white chocolate picture on top home to eat slowly but surely!!

sorry for the picture size I'll learn soon
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-16-2006, 11:44 PM   #288
KatGarcia
Just Keep Swimming.

Surprise Anniv Cake

So we will be having our 2nd anniversary the begining of Feb this year but we are celebrating it this Dec/Jan when we go to Disney since our honeymoon was there as well!

SO... where is the best place to get an anniv cake at? Id prefer to do the easiest thing possible esp. because its going to be a surprise for my hubby. I'm considering seeing if CSR will do an in room delivery of a cake... is that a good idea? Other possibilities are Wolfgang pucks or Coral Reef or LeCellier... any thoughts??

Also any advice on letting our anniversary be known? We were told on our honeymoon to tell every CM it was our wedding but all that really did was get us a phone call to a recording saying happy wedding from mickey. That was cool but are we missing out on sometihng??

My Disney Princess, Lily

Mission:Visit Disney Once a Month for a Year. A Florida Newbie's Tales.

Trips: Nov 09~POFQ {as a CM!}*Nov 08~ASMu*Aug 08~Pop (1st Solo Trip) & POR*Jan '08~ASMusic Suite/BWV*
Oct 07~CBR {F&W/MNSSHP}*June '07~Disneyland*Dec '06/Jan '07~Pop/CSR*Feb '05~POFQ*June 1996*Several trips as a kid*

Old 09-17-2006, 12:35 AM   #289
Disney8704
I so need to do that!
I have 2 cats who LOVE to climb on top of EVERYTHING

When you call to make your ADRs have then put a note on your ressie that its your anniversary. Do NOT count on everyone doing something. You may get some places to do something and others none, all places to do something or all places to do nothing. Also have a note put on your hotel ressie that you will be celebrating your anniversary while you are there. I had my AAA TA add a note on my ressie that we are celebrating our 3rd anniversary while there and she assured me to not expect anything. And really Im not. Im just hoping with a combo of a year of a million dreams and our anniversary we get some extra and get a free upgrade from standard to savanah view at the AKL. However 1 place that is known to give you something extra special for an anniversary is at CRT. And they usually give out toasting flutes. Once again you cant expect this to happen, but your chances are pretty high at CRT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGarcia
So we will be having our 2nd anniversary the begining of Feb this year but we are celebrating it this Dec/Jan when we go to Disney since our honeymoon was there as well!

SO... where is the best place to get an anniv cake at? Id prefer to do the easiest thing possible esp. because its going to be a surprise for my hubby. I'm considering seeing if CSR will do an in room delivery of a cake... is that a good idea? Other possibilities are Wolfgang pucks or Coral Reef or LeCellier... any thoughts??

Also any advice on letting our anniversary be known? We were told on our honeymoon to tell every CM it was our wedding but all that really did was get us a phone call to a recording saying happy wedding from mickey. That was cool but are we missing out on sometihng??
Old 09-17-2006, 12:53 AM   #290
maciec
AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

I have a "What would you do question" ....... we are having 2 big family dinners during our week at WDW. One is prior to MNSSHP and the other is at the California Grille. We will be celebrating ds' 3rd birthday.

So would you get the cake prior to the party or have it at the California Grille? We are staying at BCV and the chances of us going back to the resort right after our dinner at the CG are slim to none since it's early. Whereas, my SIL is going back to the resort after we eat dinner at The Plaza since she's not going to the party.

Also, I want to get a custom cake if that matters.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:06 AM   #291
eeyore45
Do-it-yourself pixie dust = buy a bag of glitter at the mall
Pixie dusts CMs for fun
I need my nectar - Dr Pepper anyone??

I have to agree dont expect anything, if its important, follow the links and order your special desserts. (Keep in mind places that dont have a bakery like Liberty Tree, get a bunch delivered, they keep them "Fresh" by freezing them - no biggie to most people, but I didnt like it - I preferred the special fresh cake from Grand Floridian that we had at 1900 Park Fare)

Also, be assured that the free "cupcakes" are adorable, arent like the cupcakes you make with the paper around - and have the Mickey confetti - they are often fresher than the cakes we purchased!!

Also, I have noted every time we check in at Le Cellier they ask if we are celebrating something special (now that's just my experience) and sometimes we are, sometimes not - but when we have told them an anniversary, or birthday, they always have responded with a card, and a special chocolate dessert - and I dont expect it this time - but it is just such a warm, friendly place!!
Old 09-17-2006, 11:10 AM   #292
CdnMom2
DIS Veteran

yes, please don't count on extra pixie dust

As always, if you count on it, you may just be disappointed. Pleasant surprise otherwise.

Our dinner at CRT Dec05 was a big disappointment -- not because of lack of pixie dust for our anniversary -- very disinterested, dismissive, frowny server who rushed us. We did have confetti & some streamers on our table in honour of our noted Anniversary.

After dinner we were all happy to be out of there & back into the Happiest Place on Earth -- the streets & rides of Magic Kingdom. Won't be eating there again.
Sep/06 PopCentury, Polynesian Resort, MNSSHP & Free Dining
July/07: CSR, Yacht Club
Old 09-17-2006, 11:12 AM   #293
D,L and K's Mom
D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!
"Life does not have to be perfect to be wonderful" ~ Annette Funicello~
You've been dazed and confused for too long!

We will be eating our Christmas Dinner at Artist's Pointe

Do you think they would make us a special Christmas Cake if I called and ordered? There will be 7 of us and I would love a really nice cake for dessert after our Christmas dinner. What do you think? I will have to wait until Wed to call as that is the only day I have a break during the day at school. Thanks.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:05 PM   #294
Praise2Him
DIS Veteran

Here's the cake I ordered from the MK bakery for DD's birthday Sept. 8 at CRT. It's the 8 inch cake with vanilla cake, filling and icing. It was $25 and the Tinkerbell was $8 for a total of $33. I did get the 20% discount for the DDE card. It was delicious and I thought the Mickey head confetti was a cute touch. There were only the 2 of us, so they boxed it up and kept it at the restaurant until we got ready to leave the park.

Rodney Lisa Kenton Tiffany Kevin Leighton Jayden
Old 09-18-2006, 08:33 PM   #295
meowser
Mouseketeer

I ordered this cake from the Contemporary Private Dining. I ordered it a few days in advance to be delivered after I checked in. They called my room to make sure it was a good time to bring the cake and then they brought it to the room!

It's the basic 6" chocolate with chocolate filling cake. I forgot to take a picture before we ate some, so you'll have to make do with the 'after' photo! There was a nice large chocolate icing flower, but we ate that first!

The cake was pretty good! DBF loved it and was very surprised!

Old 09-18-2006, 08:33 PM   #296
scrump
so the decision has been made for me
I think they are both a lot of fun and very unique

I LOVE this thread!!!!

Old 09-18-2006, 08:54 PM   #297
Fairy_Tale_Bride
DIS Veteran

We will be eating at Cinderella's Royal Table the day after Thanksgiving for lunch and I'd really like to enjoy the slipper desset! Do I need to special order this ahead of time? Has anyone else done this for lunch time at the Castle?

Dream_Maker

Make sure to find me!!!
Old 09-18-2006, 11:11 PM   #298
maciec
AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?

I have a question ........ I called on Saturday 407-824-7091 I guess it's the number you would call if you needed a cake from inside of the MK (we are eating at the Plaza) and I left a message.

How long does it take for them to call you back?

Old 09-19-2006, 05:14 AM   #299
haley's mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciec

I have a question ........ I called on Saturday 407-824-7091 I guess it's the number you would call if you needed a cake from inside of the MK (we are eating at the Plaza) and I left a message.

How long does it take for them to call you back?
I too called on Saturday and they called me back within the hour. We were able to order our B-day cake for Oct 5th at LTT. Cannot wait!
Old 09-19-2006, 10:58 AM   #300
tinkerrn
Needing 'pixie dust'!!

Ok.. I was thinking of ordering an 8" anniversary cake from Tonys in MK.
I was wanting to get Lady and the Tramp on it with happy anniversary on it. Is this possible? We will be eating lunch there. Will they hold it for us until we leave?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: