Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 05:07 PM   #16
zurgswife
WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is better!!!

Cake 15a

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire

**Not meaning to highjack the b'day cake thread with an anniversary cake pic but just replying to the OP's comment about it.**

My parents celebrated their 60th anniversary on our trip last month and this is the cake we had made for them at the GF bakery. I had seen a picture of a cake like this in someone's trip report and loved it. They were kind enough to give me the information for ordering it. The cake was a big surprise and a huge hit. Our server brought it out at the end of our dinner at the GF Cafe.
Cake 15b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ead79
We ordered a two tier miniature replica of our wedding cake for our first anniversary from the GF Bakery. It was yellow cake with bavarian cream filling and raspberries with buttercream icing covered with fondant icing. It was $80 at the time (2004). Here is a picture:
15c

Quote:
Originally Posted by olbear
Here is our much anticipated picture of our anniversary cake. It was this past friday the 28th, at 1900 Park Faire in the GF. It was a "custom cake", and cost $40. It was 10 inches.

It was chocolate cake with Chocolate mousse and fresh strawberries in between, with buttercreme icing.

Blessings,
Winnie
15d
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy_Tale_Bride View Post
We had reservations at Flying Fish Cafe and I ordered a 6inch specialty cake for my Dad's 60th birthday! My choice was pretty much just vanilla or chocolate. The cake was fantastic! Disney's buttercream icing is the best!

In Honor of Robin Costello I will miss you my dear friend.

Last edited by zurgswife; 06-02-2007 at 12:30 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:08 PM   #17
zurgswife

Cake 16a

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxfire
Have you seen the cake that has Cinderella's castle on top? I think it is maybe $25 and it might make a nice anniversary cake.
16b
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojo21
this is the cake we had at our rehearsal dinner at whispering canyon. chocolate on chocolate.
16c
Quote:
Originally Posted by olbear
Here is our 2005 Anniversary "Custom cake" from GF bakery. We had dinner at 1900 Park Faire. It was delivered there for our dinner. It was yellow cake with White chocolate mousse and fresh raspberries. It was $35 with 20% off for DDE

Blessings,
Winnie
16D
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohangel
Here is the cake I had made for our Anniversary last year.

white chocolate cake with raspberry mousse filling and white chocolate frosting omgosh it was devine.
16E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella Fan View Post
This is our wedding cake. We were married at the Wedding Pavilion and had our dinner reception at Citrico's.

The bottom layer was vanilla cake with bavarian cream and raspberries and the top layer was vanilla cake with white chocolate mousse. It had small white chocolate snowflakes on it with the white chocolate castle on top.... It was jjust

16F
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajetto View Post
From the GF bakery this my husband's groom's cake. The flavors where chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse. It was delievered to Boma for a $75 fee:

Last edited by zurgswife; 02-18-2007 at 04:02 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2006, 05:09 PM   #18
zurgswife

Cake 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by never_enough_pooh
Here was a B-day cake at AKL.... very yummy!!!!

Cake 17b

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukwildcat
Here are 3 pictures of DS 1st birthday cake at WCC on Sept. 1. I got the idea from another cake picture posted on a different thread. The GF bakery did it and delivered it for our ADR at 7:30 p.m. All the decorations were made out of chocolate. It was absolutely incredible. The pictures don't do it justice. I have pictures with DS, but I have an issue with posting family pictures on the internet. Sorry. Hope the pictures turn out. It's my first time posting pictures.

On a side note, I was able to store the cake in the refridgerator behind the front desk until I checked out. Then, when I got home, we were successful in removing all the decorative chocolate pieces. We are going to use the boots, belt, parchment paper, star, and neck thingie on the cake for the party at home. $140 plus tax

17C
Quote:
Originally Posted by laura12581 View Post
Jan 25th, my DH surprised at V&As with a Cinderella cake- White Chocolate and milk chocolate fondant over white chocoloate frosting? with vanilla cake... IT was GOOD! I wish we could have brought it home!

Sorry it is so big and sideways.. 1st picture post!
Laura
17D
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICX2 View Post
I ordered a cake from the GF Bakery and picked it up at the Gasparilla Grill. It was an 8" custom cake. It was a white cake with fresh strawberry and custard filling, chocolate buttercream icing and chocolate ganache on that. I asked for a stand-up Little Mermaid theme. I was SOOOO happy with this cake! You never know what it will look like until you get it and it was awesome. People stopped us on our monorail ride and walk up to Crystal Palace just to look at the cake. We had to hurry and get it to CP because the ganache was getting soft. Everyhting on the cake was made of chocolate. I think it was beautiful and my DD loved her
3rd !

Last edited by zurgswife; 02-18-2007 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:10 PM   #19
zurgswife

Cake 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennInTN
Here's mine from last November at the WL. It was the BEST cake I've ever had. White cake, white chocolate frosting. So moist it melted in our mouths. Very, very rich. The raspberries and blackberries used were sweet and juicy. It was AMAZING. Can you tell I loved it?

18b

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutsmom99
Here is the cake I had done for our reservation at GF Tea

Cake was 8" marble with choc. moouse filling for $25. Cindy cake topper was $15. It was delicous

18C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona*Queen View Post
Here are a few photos of the cake they made for my DD's birthday. We asked for anything to do with POTC as she's pirate mad. We left the design up to them and this is what they came up with. DD loved it, she said it was the best cake she's ever had!

It was made by the GF bakery as we ate at Citrico's. We chose marble cake with the white chocolate mousse filling. I also asked for icing (rolled fondant to you guys???) rather than frosting, we don't like that. The whole picture and frame was edible. It was the most delicious cake we've ever had!

I also have a photo of the Cars cake from the Boardwalk but wasn't sure if anyone had posted that already?

Last edited by zurgswife; 02-18-2007 at 03:39 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:11 PM   #20
zurgswife

Cake 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by NurseJamie View Post
Thanks to all the info on this thread, I ordered a cake for my boyfriend and I's Valentine's Day dinner at Le Cellier. Unfortunately, the waiter didn't see that we had a cake, so I had to ask him for it when he brought our check and it kinda ruined the surprise. And we were so full from dinner we didn't really have room for cake, too, so we boxed it and brought it back to the resort. But thanks to everyone in this thread for all the helpful info - you helped me create a special memory

The cake was an 8-inch chocolate with whipped cream frosting. I think total with tax and everything was about $56.

Cake 19B
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletforever
Here are pictures of a cake GF bakery did for my son this week. We are here as part of his graudation celebration. I can't tell you how DELISH this cake was. It had White choc mousse filling and frosting then the layer of choc/white choc topping. All the decorations were made out of chocolate incudling the mortar board and soccer ball. Now I am trying to figure out how to get the decorations home. Any suggestions?

19C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brise Nannie View Post
Here's the photo of the Mickey Dome cake scanne sent me in a PM. I hope it's okay with scanne to share the picture with the DIS. Isn't this cake adorable??? Too cute!

Last edited by zurgswife; 06-02-2007 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:12 PM   #21
zurgswife

Cake 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore45
I'll give it a go from *my* experience...

We did CRT in Oct - it was my mom's birthday - then DD bday 3 days later... I loved the streamers and Mickey Confetti on that table - gorgeous, I'm pretty sure they got a special placemat that the Princesses signed, as well as signing DD autograph book - which my Mom just loved getting their autographs btw!!

Since it was breakfast I didnt order a cake, but they did bring the cupcake, and like you mentioned, wasnt sure if they'd eat it, so I had brought 2 ziplock bags!! I think they shared one and I brought one back to the resort - anyway it was a cute dome shaped chocolate cupcake with confetti candy on it - and was moist and delicious!!

I posted about ordering the $12 -$15 Cake - NEVER again. Unless they make it on site, I think they do deliver them frozen... but again I could be wrong.

The castle cake I believe is very small and cost $25 (again dont quote me!) When I called the Grand Floridian to arrange this special cake the CM there talked me out of it and promised we'd love the Chocolate cake best - she was right - melt in your mouth!! It is made at the Grand FLoridian so I believe you have to have a plan to pick it up there, or like us just go ahead and reserve a 1900 Park Fair Dinner - its Buffet and Delicious...

Also note, the kids eat a lot, and a lot of sweets, and a lot different than home, they are extremely excited, so for me, I belive they'd love sharing a cake - it was big enough for our party of 4 adults and one child we ate less than 1/2 small pieces I'll admit - but we took it back to the resort!!

HTH
Cake 20 B
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinknme
I had a cake delivered to Boma from the GF. I called Boma about 2 weeks before I left. They did not have the type of cake I was wanting, so the lady I spoke with called GF while I was on the phone & ordered it for me. I was never told there was going to be a delivery charge. The only price she told me was the $25. I asked if I could pay while on the phone, but was told to pay for it the night I received it.

When I arrived for our seatings they knew I had ordered a cake & it had been delivered. After dinner I had our waitress bring out the cake. She took my cc info & said all would be taken care of. This was in the 6th & I still have not seen the charge yet, I hope I don't get a surprise with a $75 delivery charge

Anyway here is a picture of the cake. I ordered this for a Dis friend that was celebrating her birthday. This is a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting & it was the best carrot cake I have ever eaten. The frosting was the best! The DDA stands for "Disney Design Addicts".

20C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kona*Queen View Post
I didn't order this so unfortunately I have no details. I saw it in the glass counter of the Boardwalk Bakery so I just took a photo of it. I know.....I shoulda got details....... sorry!

We are heading back in 2 weeks so if no-one else has more info by then, I will find out.
Cake 20 D & E

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissaflorida View Post
We went on a short 2 night 3 day trip which included 4 character meals and 4 cakes.

Here are the pictures.

This was an Ariel cake from GF which was by far the best tasting!! Delicious, so moist and yummy!!

Lastly, this was a JoJo & Goliath one at Hollywood & Vine- came in second in taste.

Last edited by zurgswife; 06-02-2007 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:13 PM   #22
zurgswife

Cake 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneykid
Birthday Cake from Citricos. I ordered this for my DH's birthday from the GF Bakery. It was devil's food cake with vanilla custard and fresh strawberry filling with whipped cream icing.

Cake 21 B
Quote:
Originally Posted by aes74
My daughter's cake from her birthday at 1900 Park Fare:

(everything was edible!)
21C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julieh22 View Post
Here is the cake I had made on 12-14 for CRT at lunch:I called the MK Bakery number off page one of this thread for the x-mas Mickey cake. It was vanilla with vanilla buttercream icing... $25 for the cake and $8 for the image which I used my DDE card for at Lunch (it was very yummy). CRT kept the cake at the restaurant until we were ready to leave the park.

21D
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2disprincesses View Post
We ordered a cake for dd's 15th birthday for our dinner at WCC on April 7th. It was a 10 inch cake ~ marble cake, chocolate buttercream inside and chocolate ganache frosting. Here's a picture:

And here's the inside:

It was $40 and I ordered it by calling WL private dining. I ordered it about 2 months before our dinner and called to confirm a week prior. They had remembered, but no one got word to our server (we also had a gift basket, which I'll post later). That was a bummer because we had to ask dd10 to "fake" a potty break and ask dd15 to take her so we could talk to our server in private. We saw that she had brought out the "complimentary" dessert for dd15 and wanted to stop her and tell her about the cake and gift basket before she gave the smaller one.

The whole thing was a surprise for dd. She was surprised and it all went great once we informed the server.

We had told the host & hostess and called to confirm like 3 times about the adr, the cake and the gift basket. We really couldn't have mentioned it to the server while eating as dd was there and we didn't want her to know.

The cake was good, but I discovered chocolate ganache is not my favorite (this was the first time I'd had it). I thought it had a strange after-taste. Everyone else loved it though! After our big dinner, we were not that hungry and only ate a small portion of the cake, but did bring it back to our room at Pop (where we used the fridge swap, which was great because the cake fit!). We had the rest of it for breakfast one morning, so we did manage to eat it all, but it was HUGE for 4 people!

Last edited by zurgswife; 06-02-2007 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:14 PM   #23
zurgswife

Cake 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerBelle_325
My parents and I just got back from WDW (Mar 23rd to 28th) and we were there to celebrate my 21st birthday. My favorite character is tinkerbell and my mom was able to get the Boardwalk Bakery to make a Tink Cake!!

Cake 22 B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopygirl

I odered this cake from the GF Bakery. We ate at 1900 PF lon Sept. 17th for dinner and we were celebrating my Brother and SIL's 10th anniv. This cake was soooo good. It was all chocolate and that ganash is the best!! Cost was $25 plus tax. Well worth it!
22C
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILLYANDI View Post
Here is the cake we ordered from GF bakery for DD's 2nd Birthday. The Concierge at Poly picked it up and delivered it to our rom (I paid by credit card over the phone 2 weeks in advance).

It was a 6" cake but easily fed the 6 of us. It was $30 total and was pretty good.

Last edited by zurgswife; 02-18-2007 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:14 PM   #24
zurgswife

Cake 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by letterdavidman
Here's a pic of the chocolate cake w/ chocolate icing that I got for DW's birthday Wishes! cruise. Pretty good cake.

Cake 23 B
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb
We ordered raspberries and whipped cream and with a buttercream frosting and it was *great*:

23C
Quote:
Originally Posted by christophfam View Post
I was told that the CP couldn't hold my cake for me after lunch. Well, they did no problem. Here is a pic of our very delicious cake with a Mickey and Pluto image asked for-

Last edited by zurgswife; 02-18-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:15 PM   #25
zurgswife

Cake 24
Reported to be a cake form the GF and total with the cake and the topper is $70.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCTsMom
We ordered DDs cake a week before our dinner reservations. We were there last week. The cake and the whole dinner were amazing.

cake 24 B
Quote:
Originally Posted by meowser
I ordered this cake from the Contemporary Private Dining. I ordered it a few days in advance to be delivered after I checked in. They called my room to make sure it was a good time to bring the cake and then they brought it to the room!

It's the basic 6" chocolate with chocolate filling cake. I forgot to take a picture before we ate some, so you'll have to make do with the 'after' photo! There was a nice large chocolate icing flower, but we ate that first!

The cake was pretty good! DBF loved it and was very surprised!

24C

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM1993 View Post
This is from my sons bday trip Oct 2006.

We ordered this at beach club (DVC) side. Cost $60.00 includes tax & tip. It is white chocolated hand painted.

Last edited by zurgswife; 02-18-2007 at 03:52 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:16 PM   #26
zurgswife

Cake 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by beattyfamily
If you want to order a cake at Epcot, just call disney dining and they will give you the phone number.

If you want to see what you can order at your resort, just call their main number and ask for in-room dining and they can tell you what they have to offer. Most deluxes have their own bakery that do all sorts of nice things!

I called Boardwalk to arrange a delivery of the white chocolate Mickey and strawberries and it was great! I'm sure AKL can do something great for your anniversary!

25B

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM1993 View Post
This is from my sons bday trip Oct 2006.

We ordered this at beach club (DVC) side. Cost $60.00 includes tax & tip. It is white chocolated hand painted.

25 C
Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenOfCelts View Post

Last edited by zurgswife; 02-18-2007 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 05:17 PM   #27
zurgswife

Cake 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by beattyfamily
I had my 40th birthday celebration at the Castle for dinner. When we called to order a cake they said they could just about any character except a few like Pooh/Pixar I believe.

Anyway, below is my cake. It was yummy. I think it was $25.

cAKE 26 b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praise2Him
Here's the cake I ordered from the MK bakery for DD's birthday Sept. 8 at CRT. It's the 8 inch cake with vanilla cake, filling and icing. It was $25 and the Tinkerbell was $8 for a total of $33. I did get the 20% discount for the DDE card. It was delicious and I thought the Mickey head confetti was a cute touch. There were only the 2 of us, so they boxed it up and kept it at the restaurant until we got ready to leave the park.

26C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzerbear19 View Post
Here is a picture of my sister's birthday cake from 1-14-07. We had dinner at the Crystal Palace and I had ordered it from the Crystal Palace bakery. Its the one that is suppose to feed 8 people and cost $33 plus tax.

Our waitress had it timed so that Eeyore, who is my sister's favorite character was at our table when the cake was brought out. It was very special and memorable. My sister had no idea what was on her cake since I wouldn't tell her and she loved it. Crystal Palace did a great job with the cake!
26D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella2004 View Post
This thread is great!! We are going in February, and I am racking my brain for which dinner to plan a cake for!!! LOL!!!

Here's a cake we got for my DD's birthday. It was at the Cape May Clam Bake. It was fabulous.

Last edited by zurgswife; 02-18-2007 at 04:00 PM.
Old 07-22-2006, 09:18 PM   #28
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

I've seen lots of birthday cakes here, but no birthday cakes. And we're staying at a resort that doesn't have in-room dining, OKW. So where would our best bet be for ordering an anniversary cake? And do they deliver or do we pick it up?
Old 07-23-2006, 12:36 AM   #29
doodle
I enjoy being tagged!

Wow zurgswife - Thanks for all your work to gather the info. I'm ready to order a cake............unfortunately, I don't know when we'll be in Disney again. Oh well, it's fun to dream!!
Old 07-23-2006, 01:57 AM   #30
magicmouse2
DIS Veteran

I would like to get a cake at the California Grille ? a 6 inch one would be fine has anyone done this ? Also what about Spoodles ?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: