Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 12:38 PM   #241
Silly Girl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowser
I ordered a cake for DBF from the Comtemporary room service/private dining!! It will just be the basic 6" $12.50 cake - chocolate and chocolate buttercream with a personalized greeting.

We are eating at Coral Reef on his actual birthday which is the day before we leave. Because it's just the 2 of us and he doesn't have a huge appetite, I decided to order the cake to be delivered to our room at the start of the trip!

A couple of people here mentioned getting the Chocolate Wave at the Coral Reef for a birthday. Is that something I can arrange when we check in at the podium?

Thank you to everyone who has posted in this thread! It's been very helpful to me!!
This is what we did for my DH birthday. I ordered ahead of time just because I was debating between a cake and/or dessert. Just a thought (I posted a thread under the dining reviews) they do have a scuba diver that will come down and hold up a sign wishing DBF Happy Birthday. It's a great surprise! Read the thread (Coral Reef Birthday Lunch 8/7) I don't know how to post a link. It'll give you all the phone numbers.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:10 PM   #242
meowser
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Girl
This is what we did for my DH birthday. I ordered ahead of time just because I was debating between a cake and/or dessert. Just a thought (I posted a thread under the dining reviews) they do have a scuba diver that will come down and hold up a sign wishing DBF Happy Birthday. It's a great surprise! Read the thread (Coral Reef Birthday Lunch 8/7) I don't know how to post a link. It'll give you all the phone numbers.
Thank you very much for the pointer!! I would never have found your thread if you hadn't pointed me to it. It's exactly what I wanted to read!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-07-2006, 08:46 PM   #243
kimberh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinb

You didn't need to read the whole thread to find your answer, just the first page . All the phone numbers are there as is a picture of the slipper. You can get a chocolate and raspberry filling for your chocolate cake. My DD isn't a big chocolate fan, so we went with whipped cream and raspberries and it was very yummy!

Here is a link to my post with our cake and Cinderella singing happy birthday: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=196. You usually get one of the mice, but we were extra lucky!
I had subscribed to this thread months ago and then could not find the phone number that I had wrote. When I started reading it again, I started from the end. lol Thanks for the info. I had already seen the picture of your cake and Cinderella and how LUCKY your daughter was!! We were just at 1900 Park Fare last week and no one received a cake that I saw, I was hoping to see one, while we were there. I do hope we get Cinderella. Thanks again.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:18 PM   #244
robinb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberh
I had already seen the picture of your cake and Cinderella and how LUCKY your daughter was!! We were just at 1900 Park Fare last week and no one received a cake that I saw, I was hoping to see one, while we were there. I do hope we get Cinderella. Thanks again.
I know we were lucky! I hope you are too . Unfortunatly, my MIL missed it. She went off to the bathroom about 20 minutes before and then our waitress and Cindy shows up before she gets back. I asked if it could wait, but if we did Cindy couldn't be there. So ... we went ahead without my MIL . She returned about 10 minutes later with her plate filled with desserts . Knowing her, she was probably picking out her selections when we sang "Happy Birthday".
Old 09-07-2006, 11:31 PM   #245
Samandmom
Curvy WISHer
I laughed with a tear in my eye
WISHing my way to success!

I have a picture to share
I ordered this cake at Ohana's
It was chocolate cake, with chocolate mouse filling and chocolate icing. It was very very good. The price was $25.00 plus tax and tip.

Old 09-08-2006, 02:23 PM   #246
disneygrl20
Earning My Ears

[COLOR=Magenta]Thank you so much for the info and ideas! I just ordered my cake for CRT. [FONT=Comic Sans MS][/COLOR]
Old 09-08-2006, 11:21 PM   #247
pigletforever
DIS Veteran

I talked to GF bakery and they are making a special cake for DS graduation trip. We are going in October as part of his graduation present. They are doing an 8" round cake with White choc mousse filling and white choc frosting. it will have A white chocolate Mickey on the top and they are going to put a mortar board on Mickeys head. We are staying at AKL concierge and they have assured me it will be waiting in our room when we arrive that afternoon.

AKL told me that they no longer have an actually pastry chef so it is hard for them to do special orders. I was told that one of the best pastry chefs was at Poly I think and that they love to do special cakes. I will post pics when we get back.I can't wait to see it.

1994 off site (WDW), 1996 Contemp (WDW),
2006 AKL CL (WDW), 2009 OCTOBER 21-25 Sheraton Anaheim (DLR), 2010 Jan 4 -9 Holiday Inn and Suites (DLR)
Dec2010/Jan 2011WL (WDW), November 16,2013 Wonder, November 23, 2014 Magic
Old 09-09-2006, 12:28 AM   #248
Lostgirlz
DIS Veteran

Wow when I called AKL to set something special for our Honeymoon they told me that no one was allowed into our room before we actually get into it. Once it's cleaned they said no one else is allowed in before us. I was asked what time we would like it to be sent when we are there to sign for it.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:45 AM   #249
princess@heart
Need a sprinkling of Fairy Dust!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirlz
Wow when I called AKL to set something special for our Honeymoon they told me that no one was allowed into our room before we actually get into it. Once it's cleaned they said no one else is allowed in before us. I was asked what time we would like it to be sent when we are there to sign for it.
Hmmm.... Maybe concierge is different?

I was always told the same thing, but I've never stayed concierge like the people in the previous post are.

WDW '95 - off property.....WDW '05 - Polynesian Resort.....WDW '06 - Coronado Springs Resort.....WDW and DCL '07 - Caribbean Beach Resort and Wonder.....DL '07 - Disneyland Hotel.....DL '09 - off property.....WDW '12 - off property.....
WDW Feb '14 - Port Orleans Riverside Royal Room
Old 09-09-2006, 09:03 AM   #250
ukwildcat
Will always bleed blue. GO CATS!!!

Here are 3 pictures of DS 1st birthday cake at WCC on Sept. 1. I got the idea from another cake picture posted on a different thread. The GF bakery did it and delivered it for our ADR at 7:30 p.m. All the decorations were made out of chocolate. It was absolutely incredible. The pictures don't do it justice. I have pictures with DS, but I have an issue with posting family pictures on the internet. Sorry. Hope the pictures turn out. It's my first time posting pictures.

On a side note, I was able to store the cake in the refridgerator behind the front desk until I checked out. Then, when I got home, we were successful in removing all the decorative chocolate pieces. We are going to use the boots, belt, parchment paper, star, and neck thingie on the cake for the party at home.

Numerous Off-Site Trips as a Child to Disneyland/WDW March 1999 - Off-Site Marriot Orlando World Center March 2000 - Coronado Springs (engagement trip) August 2000 - Dixie Landings March 2005 - Coronado Springs May 2005 - Carribean Beach May 2005 - Shades of Green June 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge August 2005 - Wilderness Lodge November 2005 - Yacht Club April 2006 - POR June 2006 - Polynesian July 2006 - Yacht Club August 2006 - All Star Sports September 2006 - Wilderness LodgeJuly 2007 - Yacht ClubAugust 2007 - Beach Club VillasOctober 2007 - Saratoga Springs/Beach Club VillasDecember 2007 - Polynesian

Me DW DS DD

Last edited by ukwildcat; 09-09-2006 at 09:10 AM.
Old 09-09-2006, 09:18 AM   #251
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Wow! If you don't mind my asking, how much did the cowboy cake cost? The chocolate work they did is incredible!

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Old 09-09-2006, 09:31 AM   #252
ukwildcat
Will always bleed blue. GO CATS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcemom
Wow! If you don't mind my asking, how much did the cowboy cake cost? The chocolate work they did is incredible!
I don't mind. It was pricey, but it was what we wanted. $140.00 plus tax.

Numerous Off-Site Trips as a Child to Disneyland/WDW March 1999 - Off-Site Marriot Orlando World Center March 2000 - Coronado Springs (engagement trip) August 2000 - Dixie Landings March 2005 - Coronado Springs May 2005 - Carribean Beach May 2005 - Shades of Green June 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge August 2005 - Wilderness Lodge November 2005 - Yacht Club April 2006 - POR June 2006 - Polynesian July 2006 - Yacht Club August 2006 - All Star Sports September 2006 - Wilderness LodgeJuly 2007 - Yacht ClubAugust 2007 - Beach Club VillasOctober 2007 - Saratoga Springs/Beach Club VillasDecember 2007 - Polynesian

Me DW DS DD
Old 09-09-2006, 10:35 AM   #253
pigletforever
DIS Veteran

I think it must be a concierge thing. I was surprised they said it would be waiting for us. They are sending a runner over at noon so it will be ready along with a basket from Disney Floral for our 4 year old when we arrive. I think rooms must be assigned in advance for Concierge. We were told when we arrive to let the bellman know we are concierge and they will take us directly to our room and then we can go to the lounge to check in at our leisure. We don't have to wait in the lobby to check in. We have never stayed concierge before it was a splurge. But it has been worth it.

1994 off site (WDW), 1996 Contemp (WDW),
2006 AKL CL (WDW), 2009 OCTOBER 21-25 Sheraton Anaheim (DLR), 2010 Jan 4 -9 Holiday Inn and Suites (DLR)
Dec2010/Jan 2011WL (WDW), November 16,2013 Wonder, November 23, 2014 Magic
Old 09-09-2006, 11:00 AM   #254
Disney8704
I so need to do that!
I have 2 cats who LOVE to climb on top of EVERYTHING

So AKL doesnt do cakes anymore? I hope this isnt true, because I was gonna order a anniversary cake and have it delivered to our room the day we get there. I thought GF Bakery only did cakes for the restraunts in GF and for the people staying there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletforever
I talked to GF bakery and they are making a special cake for DS graduation trip. We are going in October as part of his graduation present. They are doing an 8" round cake with White choc mousse filling and white choc frosting. it will have A white chocolate Mickey on the top and they are going to put a mortar board on Mickeys head. We are staying at AKL concierge and they have assured me it will be waiting in our room when we arrive that afternoon.

AKL told me that they no longer have an actually pastry chef so it is hard for them to do special orders. I was told that one of the best pastry chefs was at Poly I think and that they love to do special cakes. I will post pics when we get back.I can't wait to see it.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:13 AM   #255
magicmouse2
DIS Veteran

That cake is incredible !- MIL would love that she is right into line dancing!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: