Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 11:44 AM   #2326
Lisa BC
Mouseketeer

Wow beautiful cake! Was the fondant a bright white? It looks ivory in the picture. We were hoping to get ivory fondant on our cake, so just wondering what the GF had to offer.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brier Rose View Post
Hi Everyone!!

Just back from our DD's wonderful 16th birthday celebration. Her cake was definitely the highlight of her party!!

It was SO beautiful, and tasted AMAZING!! It was chocolate cake with a Bailey's mousse filling and buttercream covered with fondant.

Of course they took the fondant off when they served the cake, but I tasted it later in the room and it actually tasted really good!

It was made by the GF Bakery, and the total cost was $705.00.

I hope to have some clearer more detailed pictures from our photographer in a few weeks.

We also had a cake for my DS who's birthday is one week from DD's!!

I'll post a picture of it as soon as I get it uploaded.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:03 PM   #2327
Brier Rose
The Tag Fairy prefers to remain an enigma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa BC View Post
Wow beautiful cake! Was the fondant a bright white? It looks ivory in the picture. We were hoping to get ivory fondant on our cake, so just wondering what the GF had to offer.

Thanks!
It was ivory
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-26-2007, 01:15 PM   #2328
Lisa BC
Mouseketeer

Brier Rose,

Thank you! You're cake has inspired me to consider fondant for my parents' 50th anniversary cake. We're having a dinner at the GF on Nov 11th to celebrate. We'll see what we end up with after speaking with Linda.

I called the cake hotline this morning, worked my way through the phone tree, and got transferred to the GF and spoke with Mariah. I was then transferred to Linda's voice mail because I requested custard filling with raspberries, rather than strawberries. hmm, I'm happy to be working with Linda on the cake since it is for my parents' 50th. But, I know she's swamped so I hope she calls back within a few days.

Thanks to everyone who contributes to this thread! Y'all have been very helpful.

Lisa
Old 10-26-2007, 01:42 PM   #2329
LegoJediMom
Earning My Ears

Peter Pan cake on a Wishes Cruise?

Does anyone know who I should call to order a cake for a Celebration cruise? My son is turning 7 and really wants a Peter Pan/Captain Hook cake. I have been looking through this thread trying to figure out who I call, but haven't had any luck and I will never get through all 100+ pages!

We're meeting up with the boat at the Poly marina, so would I call the Poly bakery or somewhere else?

Help!
Lara
Old 10-27-2007, 03:54 AM   #2330
adaygaby
DIS Veteran

Cake @ CSR

I ordered a cake from CSR to be delivered to our room for DS4 birthday and it turned out pretty good. I asked for double-chocolate cake and something simple for decor.

When we returned to our room the cake was there and DS loved it. It was pretty good also. DS went crazy with the berries

A cake for 4 people was $15 dollars. I think with tax and delivery it was close to $20.
11/2006 CSR
05/1995 All-Star Music (HS Senior Trip)

Last edited by adaygaby; 10-27-2007 at 03:57 AM. Reason: adjusting pic
Old 10-29-2007, 09:08 AM   #2331
Brier Rose
The Tag Fairy prefers to remain an enigma

Ok..finally got some more of our pics uploaded.

Here is the picture of the cake for Ds bday..

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

There are also A LOT better pictures of DD's Sweet 16 cake online with all the other pics that our photographer took at the party. The cake pictures start at around 150.

If you don't mind sifting through all the other pics to get to the ones of the cake, you can find them here at...chapmanphotography.com..then look under Menu, then My Photos, then look for Heather's 16th..10/17/07.

Last edited by Brier Rose; 10-29-2007 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:14 PM   #2332
scraplady
Mouseketeer

I am reading through all the post has there been a cake picture from Wisphering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge. DH and I are celebrating our birthday's there and I would like to get a cake I call and the smallest one the won't write on we would have to go up a size and then it was going to be at least $40.00.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:27 PM   #2333
disneyfan4u
"Everything that is or was, began with a dream..." Lavagirl

Trying to order a cake!!!

I called the cake hotline and the women who called me back had no personality! I wanted to order a custom cake and she said I was limited to what I could order. Only images on cakes she told me and no special flavors. Then I asked about the dessert slippers and she told me I had no choice in filling, it had to be dark choc. mousse. Am I missing something. That seems like a really cheap!! I wanted an 8 inch for CRT, and she said it didn't matter,that is what they had. Somebody please tell me how to get a nice cake with maybe a figurine or a stand up image, with the fresh fruit in the middle. Any new pictures for ideas would be great. I was thinking a pirate/princess one would be cool. Since we were at the first P&P party in January.

DD DD DD DH Me
Old 10-29-2007, 02:02 PM   #2334
Sydrox
Earning My Ears

I am wondering also.. We are going to celebrate my son's 1st bday in DW in Feb. I don't even know who to call.. Any info is greatly appreciated!!
Old 10-29-2007, 02:27 PM   #2335
AJKMOM
DIS Veteran

Did you check out the thread at the top of the Restaurant forum? There is a section on ordering/pictures of cakes and the details.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:42 PM   #2336
disneyfan4u

Yes but most pics are older. Want to see some newer ones. I tried the CRT# and it shoots you straight to the cake hotline.

DD DD DD DH Me
Old 10-29-2007, 03:21 PM   #2337
rysmama215
Earning My Ears

I am fairly certain (and I'm only going by what they told me when I called) that the only choices in the 8 inch cake are choc cake/choc filling/choc icing, or vanilla cake/icing/filling. They are able to personalize & screen print a character on those. If you want a more customized cake, I believe you have to order a bigger cake.

Hope that helps!!

ME DH DS4
Old 10-29-2007, 05:21 PM   #2338
scrump
so the decision has been made for me
I think they are both a lot of fun and very unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan4u View Post
I called the cake hotline and the women who called me back had no personality! I wanted to order a custom cake and she said I was limited to what I could order. Only images on cakes she told me and no special flavors. Then I asked about the dessert slippers and she told me I had no choice in filling, it had to be dark choc. mousse. Am I missing something. That seems like a really cheap!! I wanted an 8 inch for CRT, and she said it didn't matter,that is what they had. Somebody please tell me how to get a nice cake with maybe a figurine or a stand up image, with the fresh fruit in the middle. Any new pictures for ideas would be great. I was thinking a pirate/princess one would be cool. Since we were at the first P&P party in January.
I didn't think that did that sort of customization with the smaller cakes, but not sure. I've never ordered the slippers, so can't help you with the mousse flavors. I had ordered a 10 inch cake, and had choice of cake flavor, filling, frosting and personalization. That was back in February at the WL.

Old 10-29-2007, 06:19 PM   #2339
Catrinabeach
DIS Veteran

Yes the 6 inch cake can not be personalized. It's just a small one they have available that doesn't have to be pre ordered. The 8 inch one is only available in Chocolate or Vanilla. No other options on that size. The 10 inch you get to chose your frosting, filling, cake flavor and decorations.

As well each restaurant has different capabilities. For the really specialty cakes with white chocolate stand up figurines they are only available at the Grand Floridian Resort and their restaurants. I think the Poly can also do the figurines. And the Boardwalk Bakery can too. But other places I tried couldn't.

Alot of them only do the edible images and flowers and such.

As for the Slipper when we ordered ours there were no options on type of mousse or anything. They came the way they were made. And that was at CRT. But they were very good.

This cake is from the Grand Floridian.

This one is from the Boardwalk Bakery

And this is the slipper dessert from the CRT lunch.

All of these are from Sept
Old 10-29-2007, 07:06 PM   #2340
disneyfan4u

Great pictures,thanks. It is hard to believe that you can't get an "elabortate" cake at CRT. I guess I may have to make GF for 1900 to get the cake I want. LOL

DD DD DD DH Me
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: