Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 10:06 PM   #2251
jaycns
I am green with envy. Vanilla Ice is MY closet obsession!
I've got PUNKY POWER!
ppppfartttt - it was the SHOES! I swear!
It's wonderful to see the dropper of the poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle5 View Post
I love the zebra cake! I wonder if I could order it to have brought to our table when dining at Boma? How much did you have to pay for the zebra cake? How do I order one? Thanks a million for sharing! (I am not fond of Boma's desserts even though most of the family likes zebra domes. I think we would enjoy the cake after that meal!)
The cake is available at AKL (being as Boma is at AKL, I am pretty sure that means you can have it delivered there). I think we paid $35 for the cake. We ordered through the AKL concierge, however, I know it can be ordered via the cake hotline.

I hope you enjoy your cake as much as we did ours. It was so moist and delicious! It was a VERY good cake! **Side note, they told me they wouldn't write our message on the cake and that it would be written in chocolate on the platter. Our cake did come with writing on it though (even a few Mickey heads for good measure )...so maybe they have changed that policy.**
Old 10-08-2007, 07:57 AM   #2252
Halloweenqueen
Whenever Candle Lights Flicker...

I went ahead and called to order our cakes last Friday. I called the MK line first to order my son's birthday cake for LTT. I talked with a very helpful lady and was pleasantly surprised how well it went.

Then I was transfer to the Poly. I had a totally different experience. I wanted to order an 41st anniversary cake for my parents. I was hoping to get one similar to ones posted here. One with the white choc mickey/minnie wedding pose, with ganache and fruit filling. She told me I could only order the basic cake of either white or chocolate, nothing special. She said the Poly did not have a bakery that could supply me with the cake I wanted. I told her I had seen multiple cakes from the Poly that had many different types of customization. She didn't budge. She did tell me I could get the figurine for an additional $25, so I did that. I also asked for the scroll with 41 years of magic, and she said she would see what they could do.

How disappointing! Just look above my post, it is obvious they can do "different" cakes. I'm going to wait a couple of days and try again. I'm just afraid I'll end up with two cakes now.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-08-2007, 09:49 AM   #2253
larklynn
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me what kind of cakes they have at brown Derby?
Old 10-08-2007, 02:23 PM   #2254
JJ&JSMOM
DIS Veteran

CRT cake

Well we're back from vacation and we had a fantastic time. Heres a couple of pics of DD5's bday cake. DD5 went to BBB for a makeover and then we had lunch at the castle. It was a long wait but well worth it. This cake was so good - I don't think I've had a cake made that has tasted this good. I had 2 pieces for breakfast the next morning - the cake wouldn't fit in the fridge - someone had to eat some!!!

Sir Scott had Princess Jamie cut the first slice.

And a big slice it was!

For anyone wondering this was an 8" all chocolate w/edible image. It wasn't too chocolately either - I was worried about it being too much but it was absolutely delicious!

[
Old 10-08-2007, 04:15 PM   #2255
futreWDI
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyMWC View Post
That's a beautiful Hawaiian cake from the Poly!! How was the whipped cream icing?? I am calling tomorrow or Tuesday to order my cake for in-room delivery at the Poly, on the 15th and I am still pondering what kind to order. I havent heard great things about the buttercream icing, so I was wondering about the whipped cream icing- was it tooth numbing sweet???

Thanks- and input from ANYONE is also greatly appreciated!!!
My family didn't think it was tooth numbing sweet. We really enjoyed it! It is sweet but not like gross sugar whipped icing from a supermarket sweet...
Old 10-08-2007, 10:03 PM   #2256
applechips
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krbq View Post
Applechips -- What kind of cake did you order that Linda said they needed 2 weeks notice to make? Was there something unusual about it?

I'll need a cake at the GF in 3 weeks . . . I don't want to wait too long to order!!
krbq:

here is my post about the cake with pictures. It was a 10" Pirate themed cake.
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...postcount=2092

Caribbean Beach Resort Dec 10-15, 2010 | Nov 28 ASMu then November 29 to December 4, 2009 Polynesian!!! | ASSports Dec. 13-20, 2008|Off site Cypress Pointe (never again!) & ASMusic Oct. 7-11, 2008|ASMovies Dec. 2-5, 2007 |Offsite, Windsor Hills Oct. 2007|ASMusic & Poly Sept. 2007|Offsite--Doubletree, April 2007|ASMovies, & Poly, Concierge MKView!, Dec. 2006 |Pop Century & Contemporary Resort Tower--Dec. 2005 | Pirate Cake at GF Breakfast Sept. 2007 | Cinderella Cake at 1900Park Fare, December 2008
Old 10-09-2007, 12:50 PM   #2257
Fintastic
Living vicariously

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ&JSMOM View Post
That's really pretty! I think DD would love something like that. How much was it?
born August 2009

No trips planned anytime soon.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:44 PM   #2258
JJ&JSMOM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintastic View Post
That's really pretty! I think DD would love something like that. How much was it?
It was $33 (25 for the cake & 8 for the image) w/tax & 18% gratuity I think the total was $41.40. When I called CRT they did not take any cc info. I rec'd the bill after our lunch. They also boxed the cake back up for me and kept it at the castle until we were ready to leave the MK we just stopped by and picked it up. They were all very nice!

[
Old 10-10-2007, 03:02 PM   #2259
kckmom
Mouseketeer

DH and I celebrated our 10th wedding anniv. by going out to a kidfree dinner at Narcoossees last week. The GF bakery was awesome, they made us a yellow cake with choc mousse filling and dark choc icing, flowers and writing. The cake was great, just what I wanted! DH didn't know anything about it, so it was a real treat for him, it is his favorite kind of cake. They did a great job and were so friendly and helpful!

ME DD10 DD8 DD5

2005 Marriott Grande Vista
2007 Horizons Marriott
2009 Marriott Grande Vista
Old 10-10-2007, 06:21 PM   #2260
glennsgirl762
My Heart Belongs To Disney!! I Am A Member of The Dopey Five

subscribing, need info. for my birthday and 25th anniversary for next year
2001-Tropical Palms 2003-Vistana
2004-CBR 2005-CSR 2006-CBR 2007-POFQ
2010-POR 2012-AKL 2014 ASMu

WE DON'T STOP LAUGHING BECAUSE WE GROW OLD, WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE STOP LAUGHING!
Old 10-11-2007, 08:35 AM   #2261
adisneynut
DIS Veteran

Question HELP PLEASE!! What cakes option does Yatch/Beach club Bakery offer?

I want to surprise everyone with a cake welcoming 2 members of our party to WDW. Yachtman steakhouse would be great beause we are staying at the beach club and we can drop it off at the roon quick.

Has anyone ever orsered a cake from the Yatch/beach club.

A small cake would be best there are 5 of us for this trip. I have looked through some of hte photos but got more confused.

Thanks!

June 5th- June11th

AKL Kidani Villias
Old 10-11-2007, 12:34 PM   #2262
lisaj
DIS Veteran

Cakes at Akershus

Phoned the cake hotline earlier this week. My bday is 17th but our first meal will be at Akershus on 21st. My DD is desperate for Mum to have a cake at WDW and that was fine by me!

The CM was very helpful but just a warning, do not do what I have done and read these threads and assume that you can order all cakes at all venues. I have planned for months just the cake I want.

At Akershus you can have the $12.50 cake or a choice of two other cakes. A vanilla with creme patisserie or a chocolate with chocolate mousse both for $25 and then can add either a princess picture or a Mickey for an additional $10.

My DD wanted me to have a Snow white cake with white chocolate stand up plaque. If possible she wanted a strawberry filling of some description. She had it all planned (I just had to phone and book and pay - well she is only 5!)

Hoping she will love it anyway. I have secretly booked a slipper dessert for her later in the week at CRT and may book my son a mini castle cake for our first night at the GF (two weeks after arrival)

Will post pictures when we return.

Lisa
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Old 10-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #2263
m_kasch
DIS Veteran

I have a question. Last year, I ordered my DH a cake while we were dining at the GF Cafe.

This year, we are eating dinner at Narcoossee's, but wanted to order the cake for earlier in the day. We are staying at the GF this time, so I know that we can order it for the room. However, I also have the DDE, which I know doesn't work for in-room dining. Can I order the cake to be delivered to the GF Cafe, and pick it up there? Or do I actually have to eat there to get the cake? Sorry if this has already been asked, and thanks in advance for the help!!
Old 10-11-2007, 03:41 PM   #2264
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaj View Post
Phoned the cake hotline earlier this week. My bday is 17th but our first meal will be at Akershus on 21st. My DD is desperate for Mum to have a cake at WDW and that was fine by me!

The CM was very helpful but just a warning, do not do what I have done and read these threads and assume that you can order all cakes at all venues. I have planned for months just the cake I want.

At Akershus you can have the $12.50 cake or a choice of two other cakes. A vanilla with creme patisserie or a chocolate with chocolate mousse both for $25 and then can add either a princess picture or a Mickey for an additional $10.

My DD wanted me to have a Snow white cake with white chocolate stand up plaque. If possible she wanted a strawberry filling of some description. She had it all planned (I just had to phone and book and pay - well she is only 5!)

Hoping she will love it anyway. I have secretly booked a slipper dessert for her later in the week at CRT and may book my son a mini castle cake for our first night at the GF (two weeks after arrival)

Will post pictures when we return.
So far the only place I've found to get the stand up figures is the GF. Chef M's told me they could do it, but they didn't, so I can only guess that the CM who I spoke with either misunderstood what I was asking for or was mistaken about what they could and couldn't make.

I look forward to seeing your photos! Have a great time!

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Old 10-11-2007, 04:26 PM   #2265
JJ&JSMOM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaj View Post

This happened to me as well. I wanted a Snow White "stand up" cake from CRT but they don't do them. I think one of the previous posters is correct - GF bakery seems to be the only one that does them. Maybe next time we'll try that. But I agree call first then decide on a cake - less disappointing. I'm sure she will love her cake! Have a wonderful time!

[
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: