Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 04:24 PM   #166
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by photonut
I am hoping to find out if anyone got a cake while at Hoop de Do.....

We have this booked for our anniversary night in 2 weeks.....

Anyone?
That's where my dd will be celebrating her 13th birthday in Oct. I wanted to get a special cake for dessert that night, but some told me that it wasn't easy to do. So, I decided to get the cake after our lunch. If I were you, I would try to contact the kitchen at Ft. Wilderness..maybe Trails End Restarurant, and see what they have to say. I would be interested in what they tell you.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:47 PM   #167
ukwildcat
Will always bleed blue. GO CATS!!!

I wanted to post this again in hopes that it will help someone with their cake selection. I have had great experience with the GF bakery and them delivering cakes to various locations on WDW property.

When I posted this before no one responded, so hopefully someone was able to get a great cake. Please PM or respond with any questions. Love this thread.

I have had cakes from the GF bakery delivered to CR (concourse), Poly ('Ohana), and WL (WCC) - this one for Sept. 1.

I have spoken with the Food and Bev manager at each location (Not just the restaurant manager - the actual Food and Bev manager for the resort) and when I requested a special cake they put me in touch with the GF bakery. When I explained to the GF pastry chef that I wanted a special cake, I e-mailed the specifics to him. They (GF pastry chef) e-mailed back with a price quote, and then I e-mailed or called in my credit card.

The Food and Bev manager (at the resort I am dining at) then attaches to my ADR that I have a special cake from the GF bakery waiting in the kitchen. The GF bakery takes care of delivering it to your requested restaurant.

I'm not saying the cakes I have ordered are cheap ( I think they are a bit pricey - dad is a pastry chef in st. louis and that is what I am basing my prices on), but I wanted something more than the run of the mill cakes at the restaurants. Each time we were celebrating something special.

Numerous Off-Site Trips as a Child to Disneyland/WDW March 1999 - Off-Site Marriot Orlando World Center March 2000 - Coronado Springs (engagement trip) August 2000 - Dixie Landings March 2005 - Coronado Springs May 2005 - Carribean Beach May 2005 - Shades of Green June 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge July 2005 - Animal Kingdom Lodge August 2005 - Wilderness Lodge November 2005 - Yacht Club April 2006 - POR June 2006 - Polynesian July 2006 - Yacht Club August 2006 - All Star Sports September 2006 - Wilderness LodgeJuly 2007 - Yacht ClubAugust 2007 - Beach Club VillasOctober 2007 - Saratoga Springs/Beach Club VillasDecember 2007 - Polynesian

Me DW DS DD
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2006, 05:19 PM   #168
DarlingDumbo

Mouseketeer

I ordered a Thank you cake for my mom after reading this thread. The cake was beautiful with the exception of some misunderstading (The CP's computer was down) Here it is!

Old 08-22-2006, 06:17 PM   #169
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

does anyone know specifically what cakes are avail at CRT? DD chose her bday dinner there ( I wanted 1900 again simply for the GF cake availability)....I don't want the choc or generic frozen cake....will I be able to get anything other than that?

Thanks!
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
Old 08-22-2006, 06:21 PM   #170
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillygator
does anyone know specifically what cakes are avail at CRT? DD chose her bday dinner there ( I wanted 1900 again simply for the GF cake availability)....I don't want the choc or generic frozen cake....will I be able to get anything other than that?

Thanks!
I ordered a b-day cake there last November for my 40th birthday.

They told me I could have just about any character on it except Pixar and Pooh.

It was $25.

Old 08-22-2006, 06:57 PM   #171
nikandboys
Mouseketeer

I am also interested in the HDDR cake possibility. It is our 10th anne. and our last night in WDW and to be honest, my oldest doesn't eat strawberry short cake.

Has ANYONE done this?

Forever Missing my Dad.
He at least got to experience the world with us once!
CBR September 1997 Honeymoon
CBR September 2006 Trip with kids and parents
CBR Sept 26-Oct 3 2008 Trip with Kids and Mom. We missed you Dad!
POP Oct. 2 - October 9 2009 Bounceback with the boys
Old 08-22-2006, 09:56 PM   #172
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beattyfamily
I ordered a b-day cake there last November for my 40th birthday.

They told me I could have just about any character on it except Pixar and Pooh.

It was $25.

was choc frosting the only option?
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
Old 08-22-2006, 10:04 PM   #173
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillygator
was choc frosting the only option?
I'm not sure but I don't think it was the only choice. I just love chocolate so that is what I picked. I'm pretty sure you can get vanilla frosting as well.

Just call the CRT #407-824-7091 and see what they have.
Old 08-23-2006, 12:04 AM   #174
paigeandmorgansmom
Mouseketeer

Does the WCC have special order cakes or do I need to pick one up from GF. My mother is celebrating her B-day on Thanksgiving and I would love to get her a special cake.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:41 AM   #175
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

I called yesterday to order my dd's birthday cake. Originally I wanted a cake for our dinner at 1900 Park Fare but unfortunatley a rude CM answered my call. She pushed the frozen 6" cakes on me and only offered me the castle cake or a cake with a Cinderella edible image. Obviously she was having an off day.

So I called the main dining number and talked to Irene who double checked my ADRs to make sure dd's birthday would be recognized during our trip and suggested I order a cake from the MK Bakery instead. So I called the MK Bakery and got another wonderful CM named Amy. She gave me all the options and I ordered an 8" vanilla cake with dd's favorite colors, flowers, and a edible image of the castle with fireworks! I hope it turns out great. The CM was very helpful!
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
Old 08-23-2006, 02:34 PM   #176
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100AcreWood
I called yesterday to order my dd's birthday cake. Originally I wanted a cake for our dinner at 1900 Park Fare but unfortunatley a rude CM answered my call. She pushed the frozen 6" cakes on me and only offered me the castle cake or a cake with a Cinderella edible image. Obviously she was having an off day.

So I called the main dining number and talked to Irene who double checked my ADRs to make sure dd's birthday would be recognized during our trip and suggested I order a cake from the MK Bakery instead. So I called the MK Bakery and got another wonderful CM named Amy. She gave me all the options and I ordered an 8" vanilla cake with dd's favorite colors, flowers, and a edible image of the castle with fireworks! I hope it turns out great. The CM was very helpful!
Which restaurant is it going to? Remember to post pictures when you get back!! Hope your daughter has a magical bday trip!!
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 08-23-2006, 03:27 PM   #177
100AcreWood
DIS Veteran

Thanks! Dd wanted her birthday dinner with Pooh! So Crystal Palace here we come. I'll post pictures when I return.
2012 Windsor Hills 2011 Buena Vista Suites
2010 Doubletree DTD, then CSR
2008 Doubletree DTD 2006 Doubletree DTD
2005 Port Orleans Riverside
2005 Doubletree DTD 2005 Swan 2001 Dolphin
2000 All Star Movies 1999 Carribean Beach
Old 08-24-2006, 10:42 AM   #178
rhiannonwales
I sometimes stare so much that I see perversion in everything

i called the YC about the Illuminations cake. I'm not sure if YC operates differently or what, but i was told that the 8" 25.00 could not be customised (except the writing) and if i wanted to customize it, i would have to get the 40 dollar cake.She then told me that the character add ons ( i wanted the cheshire cat) would be an additional 30.00 I took a pass on that and instead just got an all chocolate cake with Happy Birthday Paul on it. I am going to call AKL in room dining and ask them about a Cheshire Cat cake for DH's actual bday when we are staying at AKL. Since it would be deliverd to the room, do i need to wait until i am ther to order it?
Sherrie
Old 08-24-2006, 11:45 AM   #179
scoutsmom99
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Will travel a billion miles to ride Dumbo at MK
I get a little twinge everytime I pass a shoe section

Smile

Well I just got off the phone with a great CM at the GF Bakery and I know have a cake for our afternoon tea. CM didn't ask for my ADR number which I thought was odd, but I guess that goes to show that maybe you can just meet them and bring your cake wherever you want?

Anyways I feel so plain. I ordered a Marble cake with Buttercream frosting and pink and yellow flowers that says happy birthday. The lady at the bakery said the custard with the fresh sliced strawberries is very popular, but I don't know if my party would like that. Of course I don't want to ask them because it is a suprise.

The 8" cake from the bakery was $25.00. She said I can call up and change anything for the cake up to two days in advance. So I guess I will have some time to think about whether or not to make changes or keep it as is! Maybe I should call and have them put a castle on top? I can't decide what to do!

I will be sure and post pictures when we return.

100AcreWood- I had called GF Private dining as well to try and do the cake and the lady who answered the phone suggested the 6" frozen cake to me as well. I then told her that in the past I have done more of a specality cake and she transfered me to the GF Bakery. I wonder if they are getting inudated with calls for cakes these days?
Old 08-24-2006, 11:51 AM   #180
rhiannonwales
I sometimes stare so much that I see perversion in everything

Quote:
100AcreWood- I had called GF Private dining as well to try and do the cake and the lady who answered the phone suggested the 6" frozen cake to me as well. I then told her that in the past I have done more of a specality cake and she transfered me to the GF Bakery. I wonder if they are getting inudated with calls for cakes these days?
Actually i have heard that that is the reason that they no longer deliver to other resorts, and why they don't allow pick ups. It was just getting to be too hard to handle and they decided to put the GF patrons (room and dining) first.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: