Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 06:42 PM   #1591
disnut1149
DIS Veteran

I want to order a small cake for my DH for his birthday in December. We'll be at the Coral Reef for dinner. I read a lot of posts, but didn't see any cakes from the Coral Reef. Has anyone ordered a cake from there and how was it? I don't need a large cake, but could share with other diners. I saw a Mickey Dome cake and someone asked about it a few times, but I never saw an answer. I would like that cake also. Does anyone know where I could get it? It was covered in chocolate and looked delicious!! Thanks!
1972 Offsite, 1978 Offsite, 1980 Dutch Inn, 1989 Comfort Inn, 1990 CBR, 1993 Peabody, 1996 AllStar Sports, 1997 Dixie Landings, 2000 Holiday Inn Family Suites, 2001 Marriott World Center, 2004 Pop Century, 2005 Pop Century, 2006 Pop Century Aug & Dec, 2007 Pop Century Aug & CSR Dec., 2008 WL & POFQ Aug. & AS Sports Dec., 2009 Pop Aug., Pop Oct & CBR Dec., 2010 POR Sept & CBR Oct., 2011 CSR May & Pop & Akl
Nov.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:29 PM   #1592
Disneybridein2k3
I am and I'm not afraid to admit it
That is AWESOME news
Disneyland Trip Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut1149 View Post
I want to order a small cake for my DH for his birthday in December. We'll be at the Coral Reef for dinner. I read a lot of posts, but didn't see any cakes from the Coral Reef. Has anyone ordered a cake from there and how was it? I don't need a large cake, but could share with other diners. I saw a Mickey Dome cake and someone asked about it a few times, but I never saw an answer. I would like that cake also. Does anyone know where I could get it? It was covered in chocolate and looked delicious!! Thanks!
I just found this thread and the dome cake you are looking for is on page #2: it is cake 19C in post #20 on this thread... I have a pic of our wedding cake that is from the Living Seas (the convention room above the Coral Reef) that would be appropriate but way too big... maybe they could make it on a smaller scale? There was a pic of something a bit similar on page one of this thread.

If you ever had any doubts about using Dreams Unlimited for your next Disney vacation, read this thread!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2007, 07:32 PM   #1593
jama
DIS Veteran

Where do you get ideas for custom cakes like the one on page two #17B? The one with the cowboy boots? Does the bakery have ideas/pictures?
Thanks!
Old 07-07-2007, 10:18 PM   #1594
chrisann
DIS Veteran

I really want the mini castle cake but

we'll be at Coral Reef and from what I've read, they can't do it there right? Any suggestions or does anyone have pics of an anniversary cake from Coral Reef? Thanks!

Me(34) DH(37) DS(6) DS(10)
October 2004-H.I.F.S.---Dec. 2005- Nick Hotel---October 2006- Liki Tiki, Nick Hotel
October 2007- OKW, Marriott Horizons, Nick Hotel--November 2008-Boardwalk Villas, Bonnet Creek
March 2009- Bella Piazza,1st CRUISE ---Disney Wonder ,Nick Hotel
Dec.2009--Nick Hotel, Marriott Horizons(Harbour Lake)
Old 07-08-2007, 01:27 AM   #1595
tinkerbell728
Tinkerbell 728

It wasn't too huge, but big enough to feed at least 6-8 people (we had just 4 of us).[/QUOTE]
The way I see it that is ony 2 slices each. I am sure you walked it off in the parks. At least thats what I will tel myself when I order my cake.

DH DS 8 & me
ASM Aug, 2006 SSR Sept2007
Old 07-08-2007, 07:10 AM   #1596
Disneybridein2k3
I am and I'm not afraid to admit it
That is AWESOME news
Disneyland Trip Winner

Our Living Seas Wedding Cake

If you ever had any doubts about using Dreams Unlimited for your next Disney vacation, read this thread!
Old 07-08-2007, 07:51 AM   #1597
hrsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre2th View Post
That's still a lot bigger than I thought the Mickey cakes were. From the way they've been pictured, I was guessing them to be about 6" across and only one layer.

Yours looks like it was two layers; were you allowed to pick a filling for the cake? In fact, if you don't mind sharing, what choices did you have in the kind of cake they made for you?
My DS has asked for a Mickey cake but before I comitt I would like to know if I can get something the whole family will enjoy. Besides, I really want to get at least one cake made just the way I like it. I know...I'm spoiled.
It was a vanilla cake, I think I could have chosen chocolate cake, but can't remember. There was no filling, but the cake was very moist. It was only one layer - but it was a pretty thick layer. Here are a couple pictures of it cut so you can get an idea of the size:

In the second picture you can see part of the cake still on the platter, that was pretty much the leftovers. My DH might have had another small piece of that, but there was quite a bit leftover.
Old 07-08-2007, 10:13 AM   #1598
tracipierce
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracipierce View Post
Hi,, I was wondering if anyone had any luck recently with ordering a small special order cake from the MK bakery?
I would really really like a 6" white cake with custard and strawberry filling and white choc or vanilla frosting, its my DD's 6th birthday and we will be eating at CRT but there will only be 3 of us, I just don't want to have lots of wasted cake. It will also be our last night at WDW also so won't have the chance to snack on it all week.
I have spent hours reading all the posts on this thread, but since there are so many different experiences, some dating back to quite a while ago, I just wanted to know if anyone had tried this recently?
It was great to hear that Winnie managed to get a custom 6" so maybe there is a glimmer of hope?
Anyone have any luck with a speciality cake from MK bakery???? Or CRT??? I would be soooo grateful for any info
Old 07-08-2007, 10:29 AM   #1599
lisaj
DIS Veteran

I am going to order a cake at either Akershus or Whispering Canyon for our trip in October. Has anyone had cakes at either of these please?

Lisa
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Old 07-08-2007, 10:58 AM   #1600
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Wow! What a fun thread...

These cakes are just lovely....

I've been reading through this thread and may have missed it but has anybody ordered a cake at LTT? We're going there for dinner for my son's 5th birthday and I wanted to order an 8inch chocolate cake decorated with something Goofy (since 1. He's my son's favorite character and 2. he hosts the LTT dinner!

So has any one either had a cake at LTT or ordered a cake decorated with Goofy?

Thanks

Patricia
Old 07-08-2007, 11:45 AM   #1601
Mad4Mickey
All SINGLE Firemen have a MARRIED wife at home
Well loved by the Tagliarchy
It makes me wonder who is in charge of the yellow stickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by disnut1149 View Post
That was me and I still dont have an answer as to where it came from LOL but I wont give up I just wait and ask every few weeks
Old 07-08-2007, 01:18 PM   #1602
naynay80
Lover of all things Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneybridein2k3 View Post

Wow this is beautiful!!! are you getting married at the sea's? I love the cake

Old 07-08-2007, 04:45 PM   #1603
eeyore45
Do-it-yourself pixie dust = buy a bag of glitter at the mall
Pixie dusts CMs for fun
I need my nectar - Dr Pepper anyone??

Hi Patricia

I'll repost from page 2 of this thread (I was cake #20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyore45
I'll give it a go from *my* experience...

We did CRT in Oct - it was my mom's birthday - then DD bday 3 days later... I loved the streamers and Mickey Confetti on that table - gorgeous, I'm pretty sure they got a special placemat that the Princesses signed, as well as signing DD autograph book - which my Mom just loved getting their autographs btw!!

Since it was breakfast I didnt order a cake, but they did bring the cupcake, and like you mentioned, wasnt sure if they'd eat it, so I had brought 2 ziplock bags!! I think they shared one and I brought one back to the resort - anyway it was a cute dome shaped chocolate cupcake with confetti candy on it - and was moist and delicious!!

I posted about ordering the $12 -$15 Cake - NEVER again. Unless they make it on site, I think they do deliver them frozen... but again I could be wrong.

The castle cake I believe is very small and cost $25 (again dont quote me!) When I called the Grand Floridian to arrange this special cake the CM there talked me out of it and promised we'd love the Chocolate cake best - she was right - melt in your mouth!! It is made at the Grand FLoridian so I believe you have to have a plan to pick it up there, or like us just go ahead and reserve a 1900 Park Fair Dinner - its Buffet and Delicious...

Also note, the kids eat a lot, and a lot of sweets, and a lot different than home, they are extremely excited, so for me, I belive they'd love sharing a cake - it was big enough for our party of 4 adults and one child we ate less than 1/2 small pieces I'll admit - but we took it back to the resort!!
I truly believe things have changed since our Oct trip 2 years ago - I believe you will have a magical experience, and I do believe it will be possible to have a "Goofy" Cake at LTT - just know, if it is frozen, and the icing is falling off, and not to 'quality standards" you should complain to the manager at LTT and they should take it off your bill!!
Old 07-08-2007, 06:23 PM   #1604
Aimerskoeh
Mouseketeer

This was the cake I ordered for my 21st birthday last month. It was a 6 inch from the Grand Floridian, vanilla, with butter cream frosting. I also had the mini fondant castle added to the cake. For both the cake and the castle I believe it came to around $25 or so. Just thought I would share in case anyone was interested. It was a very delicious cake.

June 2007 - Offsite
Old 07-08-2007, 06:41 PM   #1605
tinkerbell87512
I would love to hear all about these secrets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimerskoeh View Post
This was the cake I ordered for my 21st birthday last month. It was a 6 inch from the Grand Floridian, vanilla, with butter cream frosting. I also had the mini fondant castle added to the cake. For both the cake and the castle I believe it came to around $25 or so. Just thought I would share in case anyone was interested. It was a very delicious cake.

Oh my gosh I love that cake!! Very cute and simple!! Maybe I will order that one for my 21st next May.

June 1992 August 2000 February 2002 July 2004 July 2005 June 2006 July 2007 October 2007 May 2008 & DCL November 2008 May 2009 Sept/Oct 2010 & DCL November 2011 August 2013 October 2013 Tower of Terror 10 Miler!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: