Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 11:45 PM   #1576
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

[QUOTE=Cinderella2004;19575946]LOL!!! I didn't mean to sound quite so negative about it, believe me I was thrilled!!

We did order from the GF bakery, but it was before the whole "cake hotline" came about. We ate at 1900 PF.

The cake was $100.00 (yes, a bit pricey I agree.....) but it was certainly unique and special!! I do have the DDE, so we got 20% off of it as well, bringing it down to $80.- a little easier to swallow, still a lot for a cake, but they certainly put a lot of time into it.

As for the size, when I spoke with the CM (I forget her name, maybe Karen?) I asked if instead of the whole multiple layers, we could just have one layer all snazzed up Also, they asked which type of filling we wanted. It could have been custard, berries, peanut butter, or anything else mentioned on this thread previously, but we're not really into filling. So, in between the layers is buttercream frosting. So delicious, and so SWEET. Everything on the cake was edible. The "antenna" type things on the top reminded me of the "circus peanuts" we used to get by the bag when we were kids. (do you remember what I'm talking about?-the pure sugar ones??)

Nothing but buttercream between the layers!!!! None of that filling to detract from the glory of the buttercream! A woman after my own heart....My whole family's heart! And what a whimsical cake too.

Aside from the cake, did they do anything special for your DD there? I have heard rumors of a tiara......

Thanks.
Old 07-05-2007, 11:50 PM   #1577
scoutsmom99
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Will travel a billion miles to ride Dumbo at MK
I get a little twinge everytime I pass a shoe section

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post

Aside from the cake, did they do anything special for your DD there? I have heard rumors of a tiara......

Thanks.
We got tiara's at the Gf before they came in silver or gold (our waiter let us pick) and they said happy birthday on them and had blue and pink jewels on them.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2007, 12:28 AM   #1578
EMom
Comes from a long line of all fork hole pokers
I had the auburn haired Chrissy doll whose hair grew. She lost most of it in an incense fire. Don't ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutsmom99 View Post
We got tiara's at the Gf before they came in silver or gold (our waiter let us pick) and they said happy birthday on them and had blue and pink jewels on them.

Sorry to be thick.....So do you mean you got there and picked out the tiara before your DD knew about it? Or do you mean your DD picked it out? I guess someone gives it to her at some point during the dinner. Thanks for all your help.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:23 AM   #1579
Kona*Queen
Mouseketeer

That is one of the best cakes i've seen, my DD will be 11 on our next trip and i'm sure she would love something like that. Thanks for the info and photos Cinderella2004!
A good conscience is to the soul what health is to the body; it preserves a constant ease and serenity within us, and more than countervails all the calamities and afflictions that can possibly befall us.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:25 AM   #1580
kelleigh1
Disney Baby
I sleep with Pooh & Mickey
Kicked off the school bus

Love the Mad Hatter cake. That is so fun!

Childless doesn't mean that we're not a family. MLA RLA

Old 07-06-2007, 12:40 PM   #1581
scoutsmom99
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Will travel a billion miles to ride Dumbo at MK
I get a little twinge everytime I pass a shoe section

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMom View Post
Sorry to be thick.....So do you mean you got there and picked out the tiara before your DD knew about it? Or do you mean your DD picked it out? I guess someone gives it to her at some point during the dinner. Thanks for all your help.
We got them when our cake came out and our waiter gave us a choice of either gold or silver. I will take a pic and post it for you so you can see it.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:32 PM   #1582
Cinderella2004
My DH did manage to drag me away (kicking and screaming, I may add)
Well, there officially goes 1 hour of my life

Hi Emom-

She did get a tiara also. I wear it to work now.

Also, she had the special placemat to take home. It's very pretty.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:05 PM   #1583
u2bapeacock
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurgswife View Post
Cake 17

Cake 17b

17C

17D
can someone please tell me how much these cake toppers are we want to get one fo daughter but we don't want cake to cost an arm and a leg
Old 07-06-2007, 03:18 PM   #1584
jenjersnap
yadda yadda yadda

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2bapeacock View Post
can someone please tell me how much these cake toppers are we want to get one fo daughter but we don't want cake to cost an arm and a leg
The 17b post with pic says that it was $140 plus tax. That was a very special custom cake.

To add on: 17 looks like a standard custom cake to me. So, it would be around $25 plus tax. Unfortunately, I've read that AKL only does zebra cakes now because of a lack of manpower (can anyone confirm or deny. lol?). Those are white ganache with chocolate stripes - several examples in this thread.

I don't know the price exactly for the stand ups and slipper, but someone in the thread says they paid $55 for something similar in the 8 inch size, so $25 for cake plus the extras. I am sure someone will have the exact pricing for them (12.50 for slipper and $15 for the character is in my brain though). Good luck!

Upcoming: Disneyland 7/14 Mom & DS3, BCV 11/14

YC & Poly 10/13 Poly & BC 12/10GC at Disneyland 06/09Mom and DS2, WL 1/09YC & BC (yes, both!) 9/08 Hojo's near Disneyland 6/08Mom and DS1, WL 1/08Poly 9/07 BC 10/06 AKL & Poly 12/05 Mom and DS1, WL & Dolphin 2/05 First trip as an adult to AK & FW cabins, 12/04

Last edited by jenjersnap; 07-06-2007 at 03:37 PM.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:22 PM   #1585
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

I paid $14 for the white chocolate slipper at GF but it had moose in it and a chocolate cup filled with moose so just the slipper is probably cheaper.

I paid $25 for the white chocolate Mickey at the Boardwalk. I paid I think $18 for a white chocolate Donald at the GF last Christmas. It was purchased in the GF gingerbread house/shop. They also had Mickey and Goofy.
Old 07-07-2007, 08:09 AM   #1586
hrsmom
Mouseketeer

We just got back yesterday. Here is a picture of the cake we ordered for our son's 2nd birthday. We ordered from the cake hotline. It was $45.

We celebrated his birthday at the Crystal Palace. It was very nice, they had our table all decorated before we got there and he got a birthday card signed by all the characters.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:08 AM   #1587
Sabre2th
Sabre2th

[QUOTE=hrsmom;19602906]We just got back yesterday. Here is a picture of the cake we ordered for our son's 2nd birthday. We ordered from the cake hotline. It was $45.

THAT CAKE IS HUGE! Did you have to ask for an extra large cake or is that the size it came as anyway? I've seen other Mickey cakes posted here and the rest seem kinda small; but maybe that's just the way it looked in the shot.
OCT 2007 US/IOA I-DRIVE
FEB 2011 WDW CARIBBEAN BEACH

DH DW DS DS
Old 07-07-2007, 10:24 AM   #1588
hrsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre2th View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsmom View Post
We just got back yesterday. Here is a picture of the cake we ordered for our son's 2nd birthday. We ordered from the cake hotline. It was $45.
THAT CAKE IS HUGE! Did you have to ask for an extra large cake or is that the size it came as anyway? I've seen other Mickey cakes posted here and the rest seem kinda small; but maybe that's just the way it looked in the shot.
It wasn't too huge, but big enough to feed at least 6-8 people (we had just 4 of us).
Old 07-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #1589
foxfire
I wonder what rock I've been hiding under?
Well, doggone it. Now, y'all have my tastebuds all quivery
My cat is infamous around here for having dingleberries...thus, he is a scooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisann View Post
are these cakes still available, and can we only get them at a GF restaurant?
15a is the cake I ordered for my parent's anniversary. I would imagine it's still available but you would need to call to make sure. It was made at the GF bakery so it could only be delivered to a GF restaurant (unless you are staying concierge and then they will probably pick it up and deliver it wherever you wish).

The second call I made to take care of the details such as the kind of cake, filling flavor, etc., I actually wound up talking to Rich at the GF bakery who had come up with the design idea of putting the gold Mickey heads around the fondant. If you can get through to someone who works in the GF bakery, I feel pretty sure they can still make this cake if you describe it to them. I ordered the smallest cake they had for this design since there only 5 of us and we still had a lot of cake left after we each had a slice.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:16 PM   #1590
Sabre2th
Sabre2th

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrsmom View Post
It wasn't too huge, but big enough to feed at least 6-8 people (we had just 4 of us).
That's still a lot bigger than I thought the Mickey cakes were. From the way they've been pictured, I was guessing them to be about 6" across and only one layer.

Yours looks like it was two layers; were you allowed to pick a filling for the cake? In fact, if you don't mind sharing, what choices did you have in the kind of cake they made for you?
My DS has asked for a Mickey cake but before I comitt I would like to know if I can get something the whole family will enjoy. Besides, I really want to get at least one cake made just the way I like it. I know...I'm spoiled.
OCT 2007 US/IOA I-DRIVE
FEB 2011 WDW CARIBBEAN BEACH

DH DW DS DS
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: