Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 06:50 PM   #1516
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderumbrella View Post
Has anyone ordered from the GF Private Dining recently? I am wondering if they are still sticking to the personalize only 10" cake rule? I want to have one sent to the room for our 10th anniversary in August....
Thanks!
I'd call the cake hotline and ask but even when some here were reporting that they could only get a 10 (or larger) personalized, others were reporting that they could get an 8 inch personalized so it could have just been dependent on the CM they got.

Hopefully, someone who's ordered one recently can chime in.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:06 PM   #1517
danielle782001
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurgswife View Post
Cake 6

From Misatroo

bday brownie

AKL bday

AKL zebra strips bday

Bday biergarten

Cake 6b
Still hoping someone may know where this pic of the brownie was taken or where this type of treat is served... And was it free (like the cupcake) or bought and paid for? HELP!!!! Thanks!!!!

DVC Members @ AKL & SSR
*? 1975- Off Property *Aug 1988- Off Property *July 2001- AKL/WL (Our Honeymoon) *Dec 2005-WL (MVMCP) *Dec 2006- BWV(MVMCP) *May 2007- BCV *Oct 2007- VWL Happy Birthday AJ! (MNSSHP) *Jan 2008-AKL (P&PP)*July 2009 SSR/AKL*Thanksgiving 2009-AKL *July 2010 AKL CL/BLT/Poly*July 2011 BLT & BC*June 2012 SSR*Dec 2012 SSR & WL*July 2013 AKL/BWV/DCL*June 2014 VGF & DCL
Me (40) DH (44)DS (11) DS (9)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2007, 08:08 PM   #1518
DisneyGuess
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielle782001 View Post
Still hoping someone may know where this pic of the brownie was taken or where this type of treat is served... And was it free (like the cupcake) or bought and paid for? HELP!!!! Thanks!!!!

I think the brownie is from Chef Mickey's, I seem to remember reading that before.
The part about it being free or not, I have no idea.

Hope that helps some.

Last edited by DisneyGuess; 06-28-2007 at 08:14 PM.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:42 PM   #1519
happyj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_mckenna View Post
Ideas? My DD's 13th bday we will be having dinner at CR. We have the divers and when I went to order her cake he was a bit confused ... he said he is new to this. He told me at first all they had was the mickey cake and then after talking to the chef said that had captain hook and tinkerbell in edible art. She is a big POTC fan so I asked about that and he said he would have the lady that normally does it call me tomorrow to order the cake. Does anyone know if they can do one with Will Turner on it? I am sure she will be happy with Jack but since the new movie she likes Will a lot. Anyway has anyone gotten a cake like this at Coral Reef? Any suggestions on what to order?
Hi
We are celebrating my daughters 18th Birthday and would love to organize the divers .How did you arrange it and how much does it cost?
Thanks Janet
Old 06-29-2007, 12:25 AM   #1520
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyj View Post
Hi
We are celebrating my daughters 18th Birthday and would love to organize the divers .How did you arrange it and how much does it cost?
Thanks Janet
It is free ... contact the coral reef directly to schedule it after you have your ADR. 4075606636 is the direct line to Coral Reef. You can leave a message and someone will contact you within a pretty short amount of time.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:57 AM   #1521
soozaay
2 excited 2 sleep

Great thread!!

Old 06-29-2007, 05:06 PM   #1522
olbear
Loves all things POOH!

I just called today and placed an order for our yearly anniversary cake.

Kinda got a run a round at first. Since we are have our anniversary dinner at Cape May, I called the Beach Club to talk to someone at their bakery. They forwarded me to the Boardwalk bakery. Got to talk with them about what I wanted, they transfered me to private dining. I explained to her that I wanted a "Custom" cake. She transferred me back to BW bakery.

I explained what I wanted, a 6 inch white cake with white chocolate filling and fresh raspberries with butter creme icing. She said the smallest custom they can do is a 10 inch. That is just waaayyyy to big for just the two of us. I got one last year, and it was just rediculously too big.

So I very politely told the nice girl I was talking to that I know it's not her fault and I was sincerely not trying to be rude, but I just did not understand why Disney who has got to be making a killing, has to insist on a 10 inch for a custom for 2 people. That it was a waste of money and cake for us. Could she please do us a 6 inch. She told me I'd have to talk to their chef. Sorry, don't remember her name.

Anyway, she was quite a nice and I explained what I wanted, and she told me again about the 10 inch. I repeated what I had told the previous girl. She was very understanding and said she'd be happy to accomodate me. Although she was confused why I didn't order it from the Beach Club bakery. I explained my run a round. She told me not to worry, she'd do it and take care of it. YEA!!

We then discussed decorations. I told her I would love pink roses, my favorite and our wedding flower. And to simply write on it, "23 years of Magic". She asked me if there was anything else I wanted, and I simply said I'd leave that up to her and that I loved surprises.

So that is my cake ordering saga. I'm excited to see what they do. The last 3 specialty cakes I've gotten were from the GF. So I can't wait to see what the BW bakery will do.

Blessings,
Winnie

DISNEY COLLEGE OF KNOWLEDGE GRAD!!

WRITE YOUR LETTER TO SUPPORT "SCOOP"
"SCOOPIE GROUPIES" UNITE!!
Old 06-29-2007, 05:26 PM   #1523
snowdrift7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by olbear View Post
So that is my cake ordering saga. I'm excited to see what they do. The last 3 specialty cakes I've gotten were from the GF. So I can't wait to see what the BW bakery will do.
Winnie,

Thanks for sharing. We'll be at WDW in Sept for our 25th; we're staying at the BC and I wondered where to order a cake. Do you think if I start by calling the BW Bakery that after I'm transferred 3x, I might end up with the BC Bakery Seriously, can't wait to see what they come up with for us - yours sounds delicious - hope you'll share a photo when you get back

Have a wonderful trip and happy anniversary!!

Old 06-29-2007, 05:30 PM   #1524
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Good luck with your cake olbear and congratulations on your wedding anniversary!
Old 06-29-2007, 06:36 PM   #1525
ms_mckenna
DIS Veteran

Well I talked to the lady at Coral Reef today. We ordered the smallest cake vanilla with vanilla icing ... she is going to do the edible art on the cake and said we had to have vanilla icing. I asked for something from the new Pirates movie with Will Turner because he is DD's new favorite. She said she would find something. I will post a pic when we return
Old 06-29-2007, 06:42 PM   #1526
Sabre2th
Sabre2th

OH BOY! What an ordeal!
I know from experience that whenever I get this kinda hassle, I'm always afraid it'll just end in disaster!
The cake sounds lovely though Winnie, and I hope its all you wish for.
OCT 2007 US/IOA I-DRIVE
FEB 2011 WDW CARIBBEAN BEACH

DH DW DS DS
Old 06-29-2007, 06:46 PM   #1527
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Well I talked to the lady at Coral Reef today. We ordered the smallest cake vanilla with vanilla icing ... she is going to do the edible art on the cake and said we had to have vanilla icing. I asked for something from the new Pirates movie with Will Turner because he is DD's new favorite. She said she would find something. I will post a pic when we return
ms_mckenna - sounds great! Your DD is going to be SO excited! I can't wait to see pics
Old 06-29-2007, 06:55 PM   #1528
Sabre2th
Sabre2th

Wink Rats on my cake!!!

Just saw the movie Ratatouille and thought it was just adorable! I'd recommend it to even the most squeemish of rotant haters. (Paging my sister-in-law Paige)
Anyways, I thought just for fun seeing if I could get an edible art cake made with one of the rats from the movie on it. I would love it, but I think some of my relatives would have a fit!
Hmmm, guess that's one way to have the cake all to myself.
OCT 2007 US/IOA I-DRIVE
FEB 2011 WDW CARIBBEAN BEACH

DH DW DS DS
Old 06-29-2007, 06:59 PM   #1529
johnsonet
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre2th View Post
Just saw the movie Ratatouille and thought it was just adorable! I'd recommend it to even the most squeemish of rotant haters. (Paging my sister-in-law Paige)
Anyways, I thought just for fun seeing if I could get an edible art cake made with one of the rats from the movie on it. I would love it, but I think some of my relatives would have a fit!
Hmmm, guess that's one way to have the cake all to myself.

Hilarious! I might have to steal your idea DD and I were just reading about the Ratatouille cgharacters now being at the Animation Bldg. at MGM. It would be cute to surprise her and her friend w/a Rat Cake
Old 06-30-2007, 07:37 AM   #1530
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Thanks for the info. I need to call them next week for our dinner in mid-August. I want to have something with Bon Voyage on it since we'll be leaving for our first ever cruise the following day. Wonder what they could put on a cake with that theme....perhaps pirates or a treasure chest type thingie. We'll see. Hope we can get a diver to do a sign saying 'BonVoyage Kate!'

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: