Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 08:44 AM   #136
Disneynutbsv
DIS Veteran
If I had kept my fancy flyswatter I might be $50 richer!
Secretly I love Lucky Charms

I called and ordered a cake for our dinner at 1900 PF and they did not take a credit card for deposit? I thought they would...

DH Me DS dd DS

I'm the only one that hasn't outgrown Disney
Checking out Carnival Cruise line...
Old 08-14-2006, 09:49 AM   #137
Silly Girl
Mouseketeer

jetsetter 90: I had the chocolate covered strawberries delivered to my husband last week while we were at the Poly for his 40th birthday. The cost was $34.95 for one dozen with a white chocolate swan with M&M's in them. If you're not staying at the poly I'm sure you can get them at most resorts.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2006, 10:43 AM   #138
princessarielle
Red Heads Rock!!

I have a few questions:

1-If you are somewhere and don't finish the cake will they arrange for it to get back to your room?

2-I'm surprising my DH with the Segway Tour. Do you think I could arrange to have a cake delivered to EPCOT to be there when we return from the tour??

3-I didn't see Tony's on the list. Can I have a cake delivered to Tony's? We will be celebrating our 10th anniversary during this trip and we ALWAYS eat at Tony's and I would like a Lady and the Tramp cake.

Thanks!
Lori
Old 08-14-2006, 11:32 AM   #139
scoutsmom99
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
Will travel a billion miles to ride Dumbo at MK
I get a little twinge everytime I pass a shoe section

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessarielle
I have a few questions:

1-If you are somewhere and don't finish the cake will they arrange for it to get back to your room?
When we had one at the GF they did box it for us, but then we were responsible for bringing the cake back to our resort with us.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:30 PM   #140
poohangel
Yeah I Dis, Doesn't everybody?

Here is the cake I had made for our Anniversary last year.

white chocolate cake with raspberry mousse filling and white chocolate frosting omgosh it was devine.

Old 08-14-2006, 03:41 PM   #141
fterie4u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohangel
Here is the cake I had made for our Anniversary last year.

white chocolate cake with raspberry mousse filling and white chocolate frosting omgosh it was devine.

That cake is beautiful and sounds delicious! Where did you have it made/delivered? How much was it if you don;t mind me asking. Thanks!
4/2011 - Isabella's 5th Birthday trip at the Beach Club!!!!!
10/2011 - Big family trip and AKL!!!!
2/2012 - Birthday trip to BWI CL!!!
9/12-Family trip to BC!!!
10/13-10th anniversary trip to AKL!!!!
Old 08-14-2006, 06:30 PM   #142
poohangel
Yeah I Dis, Doesn't everybody?

I had it sent to our room at the GF. It was expensive almost $100.00. It was huge though, It was the first time I had ordered anything like that and it could have easily been shared by quite a few people.

Old 08-14-2006, 07:41 PM   #143
N2THRILLRIDES
Mouseketeer

I was hoping to suprise my dw with an anniversary cake in october, but wanted it delivered to our resort (POR) but from the sound of it, that probably won't be possible. I want to suprise her, but don't think getting a cake at a restaurant is a great idea, as then we would have to get the leftovers back to the resort, PLUS, who has room for cake after Disney Dining? I guess I could try & surprise her by picking up up at the Boardwalk Bakery - but my fear is that I would drop it en route - I am not the most coordinated person in the world! Any ideas or suggestions??
2004 - POR
2005 - POR
2006 - POR
2007 - CSR

Smile- It increases your face value.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:02 PM   #144
Cinderumbrella
Wench

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2THRILLRIDES
I was hoping to suprise my dw with an anniversary cake in october, but wanted it delivered to our resort (POR) but from the sound of it, that probably won't be possible. I want to suprise her, but don't think getting a cake at a restaurant is a great idea, as then we would have to get the leftovers back to the resort, PLUS, who has room for cake after Disney Dining? I guess I could try & surprise her by picking up up at the Boardwalk Bakery - but my fear is that I would drop it en route - I am not the most coordinated person in the world! Any ideas or suggestions??
I am in the same situation (staying at POR). How about taking a boat to MGM, transferring to the BW, picking up the cake at the bakery and then taking a cab from BWI back to POR...
The Contemporary September 2010~The Contemporary June 2010~ Grand Floridian RPC December 2009~The Contemporary June 2009~ Grand Floridian December 2008~
Pop Century May 2008~Grand Floridian August 2007~Animal Kingdom Lodge December 2006~ Port Orleans Riverside October 2005~Beach Club February 2000~
Grand Floridian August 1997

Old 08-14-2006, 11:00 PM   #145
faindrops27
I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My favorite cruiseline is RCCL. But will be sailing NCL for the first time Breakaway 13'

Quote:
Originally Posted by beattyfamily
ITA. That has been my experience as well. I tried to get a cake at PSB and LTT and both locations told me they only offer a generic (frozen) cake that cannot be personalized.

I've read the same about Chef Mickey's.

As far as I know you can only get GF cakes at the GF unless you are maybe Concierge at one of the monorail resorts; then you can probably arrange to have it delivered for a high cost.

I have never heard of anyone being able to arrange a cake to be delivered to the value resorts; but instead they stop at the Boardwalk bakery and get something.

I think it really depends on where you are eating/staying on what kind of cake, if any you can get.

The best advice is to call the resort/restaurant and find out for sure.

Frozen cakes? What?? I was hoping for a cake at Ohana's One like I saw in an earlier post. Please do not tell me they make mass cakes, and freeze and thaw them. I was hoping for 40 dollars, they would make my cake, either the day before, or the day off. Can someone please confirm this? If it is some frozen cake. I think I will pass. My father is very picky.

Old 08-14-2006, 11:17 PM   #146
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

Great thread! Thank you so much for compiling all that info and pics of the cakes!

Old 08-15-2006, 05:14 AM   #147
beattyfamily
DIS Cast Member
Has Oodles of Poodles
And the Tag Fairy wants to hug them all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faindrops27
Frozen cakes? What?? I was hoping for a cake at Ohana's One like I saw in an earlier post. Please do not tell me they make mass cakes, and freeze and thaw them. I was hoping for 40 dollars, they would make my cake, either the day before, or the day off. Can someone please confirm this? If it is some frozen cake. I think I will pass. My father is very picky.
Yes, I know for a fact that some restaurants have only frozen cakes and thaw them each morning based on the number of orders each day. But it's only certan restaurants and you'd know this as soon as you call the restaurant to order a cake. They will tell you 'sorry we only have one cake and it cannot be personalized.'' Then you'll know they are frozen. One place I'm 100% sure of is the Princess Storybook Breakfast restaurant.

I'm pretty sure, though, you have nothing to worry about because I've seen some beautiful pictures of cakes that people ordered for Ohana's.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:29 AM   #148
carone0318
Disney-aholic, can't get enough of this place!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faindrops27
I think the frozen ones are the $12.95 6" cakes, not the personalized cakes. I could be wrong, but I believe that the 6" is what I have read before that are frozen.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:35 AM   #149
tithonia88
Living in Austin, Loving Disney

Does Downtown Disney have any place to collect a cake?

I love this thread!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to pull it together. Two fabulous things together... Disney World and Cake!

We are going on a quick trip in October. We are staying free, on miles at the Downtown Disney Hilton. DD turns 9 while we are there...

My ultimate choice would be to have a cake delivered to our room. I don't think that is a possiblity unless I have a grocery store like Goodings deliver it.

I will have a car so I could pick it up. It occurred to me that I did not see any Downtown Disney locations listed in the threads as bakeries. Is there a location?

I do need to call the Hilton and see if there are any possibilities. I haven't done that yet.

Thanks so much
Tithonia
Old 08-15-2006, 03:53 PM   #150
sconnell
DIS Veteran

Anyone have any specifics about Crystal Palace? I'd love to get a personalized cake for our first night.

Old Pic, but I love it...
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: