Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 04:26 PM   #1
Daisyand2goofygirls
Earning My Ears

Paradise Pier Suite Question?

Hello,
We are staying in a suite at Paradise Pier in May. I have seen several posts and pictures about the regular rooms but very little about the suites.

Can some one tell me a little about them?
How big are they?
What is the layout?
Will we feel crowded with 6 people?
What kind of furnishings are there?
What's the bathroom situation?

Thanks!
Old 04-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #2
DoughR
Mouseketeer

What kind of suite? I've only stayed in a 1-bedroom suite with my family of 6. It was a theme park view on the 14th floor, which is extended a little further than the rest of the hotel so it was very roomy. The bedroom itself had two queens with a day bed and its own bathroom with a tub/shower combo. Pretty much like a regular guest room (but again, it was slightly bigger being on the 14th floor). The living area had a table and a long L shaped couch which I believe was a queen size. Both rooms had a TV each and a mini fridge in the living area. The 2nd bathroom in the living area is similar to the one in the bedroom except with a stand-up shower. My family of 6 consisted of siblings and cousins. One of my cousins was content with sleeping on the floor the whole time so everyone else got to sleep on a bed or couch. The L shaped couch had that pull out bed on one end but the other end was big enough for an adult to sleep on. If you have at least two people sharing one of the queen beds then you won't have a problem sleeping everyone comfortably. I'm sure their suites will vary, especially depending on the floor you're on (I don't know what other floors have suites), but this was my experience with a 1-bedroom.
DoughR is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #3
Daisyand2goofygirls
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the answer We are staying in a Paradise Suite (?) theme park view.
I'm pretty sure we are going to add concierge once we get there. It's our first time on site. So excited!
Old 04-10-2013, 10:37 PM   #4
larina
DIS Veteran

I have stayed in both a one bedroom and a two bedroom suite at PPH. I don't know anything about the paradise suite. How many bedrooms does it have? I wasn't aware of special suites at PPH, but I've never asked either
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:42 PM   #5
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisyand2goofygirls View Post
I'm pretty sure we are going to add concierge once we get there. It's our first time on site. So excited!
Is this similar to the Malibu suite? I saw in the gallery online that the Malibu seems to be a signature suite. Or is it one of their standard suites?

Upcoming: Nov 19-25 (GCH)

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH), June '14 (PPH), Oct. '14 (DLH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12
DisneyJamieCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:09 AM   #6
cats mom
Mouseketeer

Has a wild and vivid imagination

The Malibu Suite is a big, fancy, signature suite.

The Paradise Suite is a standard family suite.

DoughR described a one bedroom Paradise suite.

There are pics of both levels on the Disney.com web site.

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/para...gnature-suites
cats mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:56 AM   #7
larina
DIS Veteran

Thanks! I don't know how I have missed the Malibu suite, except we didn't need a room that big But now that I look at the pictures, I remember seeing that before
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 10:54 AM   #8
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Is the Malibu Suite the two bedroom suite? OR is the two bedroom suite different? We have never stayed at PPH and are trying to decide if it would be nice for our next trip out there. Does anyone know the layout of the two bedroom suite? Also I read that the PPH hotel is closer to the parks than the Disneyland Hotel. Can someone explain that to me? Isn't it across the street from the Disneyland Hotel? Is there a short cut to the parks somewhere that I am missing? Because to me it looks like I still have to go through DTD, but I must be wrong. THanks.

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 11:33 AM   #9
disneydeb64
Got My Ears, Thank You : )

There are 5 PPH signature suites: Laguna, Malibu, Dana Point, Newport, and Huntington. They vary in number of bedrooms, have different square footage and layouts, and all include concierge. I called for pricing on these suites last year, and was informed they started at about $1,600 per night in the peak season. I can only imagine what they go for now. Now how would THAT be for an upgrade?!
Old 11-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #10
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydeb64 View Post
There are 5 PPH signature suites: Laguna, Malibu, Dana Point, Newport, and Huntington. They vary in number of bedrooms, have different square footage and layouts, and all include concierge. I called for pricing on these suites last year, and was informed they started at about $1,600 per night in the peak season. I can only imagine what they go for now. Now how would THAT be for an upgrade?!
So clearly they are not the two bedrooms!!! $1,600/nt….YIKES! So what are the two bedroom suites like then? Anyone know?

(Me and DH), (DD12), (DS11), (DS7),(DD7) &
wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:03 PM   #11
disneydeb64
Got My Ears, Thank You : )

From what I've read, it seems they're the one-bedroom (Paradise) suite with an adjoining standard room. PPH booking can explain the layout in detail for you
Old 11-18-2013, 01:57 PM   #12
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallawallakids View Post
Is the Malibu Suite the two bedroom suite? OR is the two bedroom suite different? We have never stayed at PPH and are trying to decide if it would be nice for our next trip out there. Does anyone know the layout of the two bedroom suite? Also I read that the PPH hotel is closer to the parks than the Disneyland Hotel. Can someone explain that to me? Isn't it across the street from the Disneyland Hotel? Is there a short cut to the parks somewhere that I am missing? Because to me it looks like I still have to go through DTD, but I must be wrong. THanks.
Go out the FRONT door of PPH. Go to the crosswalk. Cross to the Grand. Enter the Grand. Either go right across the lobby and outside to enter DCA right near Grizzly, or go to the left after you enter and follow the signs and path out to the last bit of DTD. Turn right, go to bag check, go into the esplanade, and choose Disneyland or the front entrance of DCA!

I had used mapmyrun a couple years ago and got these results:

Just outside PPH to the center of the esplanade using the Grand's path: .45 mile
From approximately the elevator inside PPH to the center of the esplanade following the signs "helpfully" put up by Disney which take you all the way around past DLH and all the way through DTD: .63 miles

With DLH you go through ALL of DTD, not just the last bit. And you generally have some grounds to walk through before getting to DTD. When we were last at DLH we were in Frontier Tower, and found that it actually the SAME distance (.55 mile) to go out the "back" of our tower, go over towards PPH and the Grand, and follow the path I just mentioned, rather than going out the front of the tower, through the grounds, and through DTD.

But because I dislike malls (aka DTD) that walk was far more pleasant for me than going all the way through DTD.

If you go to the link given back in April (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/par...gnature-suites), be sure you're reading the captions under the pictures. The BIG suite, with what appears to be a kitchen, is Malibu. The smaller one is Paradise.

We've been upgraded two lovely times to what I assume is a Paradise suite. 2 queen beds in the bedroom along with the normal pull-over sofabed, then a big pullout couch in the living room.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!

Last edited by bumbershoot; 11-18-2013 at 02:02 PM.
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #13
lanie1138
Earning My Ears

Does anyone know if the suites have access to the club level lounge? TIA
lanie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:52 PM   #14
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisyand2goofygirls View Post
I would suggest adding concierge before you arrive. It frequently sells out, and I have had friends turned down when they arrive because of this. If you think you want it, add it before you arrive.
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2014, 04:54 PM   #15
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanie1138 View Post
Does anyone know if the suites have access to the club level lounge? TIA
You can add it, if it is available.

As far as what are the rooms like....

http://www.disunplugged.com/2011/03/...se-pier-hotel/

This is a 1 bedroom. A 2 bedroom simply has an adjoining room, with the living room in the center.
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: