Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2006, 01:47 PM   #121
J and R's mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibbidi
Your trip report was hysterical. I can't wait until you go back so I can read another one! Your husband reminds me of mine. A lot grunting and selective listening!
I think they teach a class on how to "be male" to the male children in school and just call it PE or something....and thanks for the kind words...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastiesBelle
I know the feeling!
Is this who I think it is? Beast's Belle? He's one heck of a man and a TR writer...no matter what he says. I'm enjoying his report immensely!

Places we've stayed (19 trips and counting): DTD Villas(1984); CR(1991);MARRIED and HONEYMOONED at the BWI (1999) ; Offsite(2000); GF(2000); WL/VWL(2001, 2002, 2009); BCV(2005, 2011, 2012); BWV(2006--3x, 2007); BLT(2010, 2014); AKV(2013--2x)
Husband and Wife Get-A-Way (2006) Read about it and see PICTURES of it HERE
Old 08-04-2006, 04:37 PM   #122
Lisa_Belle
Mouseketeer

I have thoroughly enjoyed your trippie. Can't wait until you go again so I have another good read - hope you are taking the little princesses with you next time
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2006, 08:28 PM   #123
MomPlanner22
If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me!

I have thoroughly enjoyed your trip report! I would love to take a mommy & daddy only trip to WDW. Maybe after our trip this December with the whole family....

Thanks for sharing and especially for the great pictures!
Old 08-04-2006, 09:41 PM   #124
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

J and R loved your report and all the pictures. You really do look young. Especially those pics by the flowers with Minnie and Mickey.

Hope you write about your next trip your are good at it.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:33 PM   #125
ZZUB
Roll Tide, Mean It

Location: If I'm not at Monk's, check the Hawk & Dove, or else I'm playing tetherball

So, the key to not being depressed when you leave DWorld is to leave your kids at home! You solved the riddle. But I don't think I could get the wife to leave the kid at home. I'm not sure the wife could get her husband to leave the kid at home either. It's all we can do to leave the dog.

Sheridac wrote:
Quote:
Living the dream vicariously through trip reports (evn [sic] the crappy ones thet [sic] turn wator [sic] slidding [sic] into a said spoort [sic]) until we can be there in technicolor ourselves.
What a harsh way to attack Lala's excellent trip report. Wasn't it bad enough that poor LaLa only took Olympic Silver?

While Sheridac is usally wrong (hormones, you understand. She is 3 months pregnant), she correctly pointed out that there is is no such ride as the TTA in the Magic Kindgom. You must have ridden the PeopleMover.

I enjoyed your report a lot. I especially liked the pictures. I wish more people would put pictures in their Trip Reports. It makes it so much more interesting.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'they are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.'" Jeremiah 29:11

Last edited by ZZUB; 08-05-2006 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Personal attack and tawdry use of an indefinite article
Old 08-05-2006, 04:48 PM   #126
LaLa
Hangs with the Mensas
Uses her boss as a coat rack while she dances
Dreams of running with the big dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZUB
What a harsh way to attack Lala's excellent trip report. Wasn't it bad enough that poor LaLa only took Olympic Silver?
Although I appreciate the [sick] fact that [sick] you have my [sick] back on this, I gotta ask one [sick] question.

Who are you? Do I knouw you?

Okay, that was two.

Fourthly, for the record, the gold medalist was disqualified. Remember? For illegal use of a nonrefillable mug as well as wearing a [sick] Speedo that was two [sick] sizes too small. Improper [sick] Waterslide Apparel Violation #626 . So give it up. Nobody's buying your story anymore. But thanks for saying my TR was excellent. Right back atcha. In spades. Whoever you are.

J&R's Mom. I just have to tell you that I was reading back through your TR and came upon this shot again....

Of all the gorgeous pics you have in this TR, and you have alot, that's one of my favorites. It really is pretty. It just looks really serene and I think the fact that you can see Epicot, the second best park on Disney property, in the background just really makes it.

You did a wonderful job with your TR. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by LaLa; 08-05-2006 at 04:51 PM. Reason: How bout some Beef Stew for lunch?
Old 08-06-2006, 06:22 AM   #127
sheridac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa
Fourthly, for the record, the gold medalist was disqualified. Remember? For illegal use of a nonrefillable mug as well as wearing a [sick] Speedo that was two [sick] sizes too small. Improper [sick] Waterslide Apparel Violation #626.

La~

You do realize that the two-sizes-too-small speedo was overcompensation for the lack of hair on his head, right???

Also to avoid anyone noticing the abundance of hair on his toes. Specifically, his big toe. Which is vomitus-inducing.

Just sadin'. ((big grin))

JR~

I agree with La about the pho-toes. Did you know I was warring with myself between my beloved Poly and the BW???

This didn't help.

Yeah, thanks.

Last edited by sheridac; 08-06-2006 at 06:23 AM. Reason: tetherball anyone???
Old 08-06-2006, 10:35 AM   #128
Shelby5514
John Taylor is my guilty pleasure!
If I didn't know any better, I would think my DH is pregnant!
Thinner Thighs Cometh

Location: Close enough to go for the day, but far enough to not have to deal with the tourists! ;)

JR~ Loved the trippie...and I agree...some of our best memories of WDW are when we threw the plans out the window and just flew by the seat of our pants. Thanks for sharing your adventure with us!
Old 08-06-2006, 04:31 PM   #129
SleepingBeautyDreamr
Stop flirting with the Riddle Goddess

Location: At the little cottage in the woods with 3 good fairies

I finished reading. Great report. I loved the pictures and your discription about the margarita's and the ladies who could not order
Past Trips: Nov 1983 ~ OP, April 1987 ~ OP, Sept 2006 ~ CSR, Oct 2006 ~ ASMo, May 2008 ~CSR, Dec 2009 ~ CSR
Old 08-07-2006, 10:21 AM   #130
MommyPoppins
Tangled with the TF in a moment of weakness
A new saying!
I'm telling you what...I'd pay goog money

Thanks for the great TR! Though I really couldn't relate to you missing your girls so much. Maybe you need a couple more. heh.

I think it gets easier as they get older. I missed my babies(1 and 3 year old) a lot more than I missed my big boys(4 and 5) when Chad and I went in May.
Old 08-07-2006, 03:28 PM   #131
MyTalula
Mouseketeer

I just read your entire TR this afternoon. Here at work.

I needed a well deserved break, after all that stressful tr reading I did this morning, whilst pretending to be working and ignoring many customers! It really is hard to hold some of these laughs in.

Great job on the report and pictures, you have really made me consider BW next time.... I soooooo want to explore that side of the 'world'.

Cheers!
SOG February 2008
Dolphin February 2010
Dolphin February 2012
Old 08-08-2006, 12:03 AM   #132
Eeyore18
Mouseketeer

I loved your report! My husband basically looks the same in all the pictures too! And he carries around his candy bag! Never been there without the kids- ...I'd feel guilty leaving them at home, but maybe someday! Glad you had a great time!
Old 08-08-2006, 11:44 AM   #133
Corinne
DIS Veteran aka DVCTink

JR~
Loved your TR! The photos of the Y&BC from your balcony were gorgeous. I know just how you felt without your girls~we went several years ago for our anniversary and missed our boys so much!

Old 08-08-2006, 12:54 PM   #134
Eventer98
DIS Veteran

Thanks a bunch for the trip report! It's one of the best I've read so far. I have a feeling my fiancee will act quite similiar to your husband since I have our trip planned as much as you did...in fact they even share some physical likenesses.

(me) (DH) (DS)(DD) (DD)
I miss you Chris 6/23/75-10/14/12

Last edited by Eventer98; 08-10-2006 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:45 AM   #135
Fairy_Tale_Bride
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by J and R's mom
Day 1 STILL Continues:

The sun had finally risen. I felt a little more human, even if I did have make-up on my face.

We board the plane and get fairly decent seats (not together). We donít really mind sitting apart. We just revel in the silence. Itís not something we get very often. I look around at my fellow passengers and notice a mom and her 14-month old daughter (I asked the age) that were crunched in the center seat an aisle over and back from me. I just smiled. I didnít have to contend with my dear little ones on this flight. I was going to get to read a book. Without getting smudges on it and pages torn while reading itÖ.unless, of course, the person sitting next to me had some health problems I wasnít aware of. Anyway, the little girl was fussy during taxiing and take-off so I tried to divert her attention by making faces at her and playing peek-a-boo. It's so much easier to entertain OTHER peoplesí kids. And it actually worked. Soon after take-off the little one fell fast asleep and I read my book.

I am happy to report that my fellow passengers did not have any health problems that interfered with my reading. We had a great and un-eventful flight and arrival at MCO.

I know some folks make fun of MCOís faux monorails, but I LOVE that part. It gets me ready for the real thing at WDW. It sets the mood. At least for me. So we jump on one and head down to find a cab. We decided against taking Magical Express this trip. Iím glad we did. TEEBEE and I spent most of the time zoning on the way over to WDW. I swear he can sleep with his eyes open. Heís perfected the art by practicing it on me while Iím having discussions with him.

We wake up in time to see the sign for the Epcot Resorts. Thatís us BABY! We pull into the driveway of the Boardwalk and I get tinglely all over. We checked into our 1 bedroom villa. Although it wasnít ready, Iíll post the pictures here since I promised some--a few pictures of the view from our balcony:

And here's one of our towel animal:

We left her just the way we found her...so the next family could enjoy her.

Since our room wasn't quite ready, we decided to head on over to MGM and ride my ALL-TIME FAVORITE RIDE--ROCK-N-ROLLER COASTER!

Here we are on the boat to MGM (I'm taking the picture so it looks a bit odd) but take notice of the HAT...I'm sure glad we went back to get it!

And here's where we exited....

I'm not entirely sure why I took this shot, but mainly because I'd never seen it deserted like this before.

Up next: The redneck photo I mentioned and a few others....

Awww...I got married right there at Sea Breeze Point in that gazebo! What a beautiful shot! I never looked at it from that angle and never realized Spaceship Earth was right behind it!! Beautiful!!!

Dream_Maker

Make sure to find me!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: