Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2006, 06:50 AM   #106
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

Awww so sad it has to end!

Thanks for the wonderful report and I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for that TR when you get back in 6 months!
Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 08-01-2006, 08:17 AM   #107
LaLa
Hangs with the Mensas
Uses her boss as a coat rack while she dances
Dreams of running with the big dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&RsMOM
So how was the ride, you ask? AWESOME! But I’m biased since I love rollercoasters. I even sported a nice bruise on my elbow for a week after that ride. That’s how you know it’s a good ride…when you have battle scars (okay, bruises) to show off to your friends and family. You’ll be glad (depending on the time of year you visit anyway) to know that the ride does NOT take place in bone-chilling cold. But don’t worry, you WILL get a really nice “BREEZE” going while on this ride to cool you down some.
We haven't ridden EE yet and are pretty stoked about going on it soon. I hear there's a surprise in it though. Wait. Don't tell me. There's a gorilla involved. Somehow. Right?

I just got caught up on your trip report and I gotta say...I can't believe it's already over. You know, you could've stretched it out some. You could've at least taken six months to write it. Like some sad potatoes around here that we knouw.

I love all the pictures from Epicot. They're gorgeous. We also LOVE the landscaping at Canada and stopping to take pictures there with the kids is always a must do for us. Also, Le Cellier ROCKS. It's true that the atmosphere may not be as upbeat as Chef Mickey's but the food is great. Regardless of what ZZUB says. Let's face it. This is the same guy that thinks Yoo Hoo anchors the newly revised and often controversial food pyramid. So you gotta take his recomendations with a grain of salt. Or Phazyme. I'm just sayin.

Anywho, we have an ADR for Rose and Crown and hope to get a table for Illuminations on our upcoming trip so I was glad to see that you were able to swing it within that time frame IF YOU HAD STAYED. I don't blame you though for wanting to catch Soarin. It is, hands down, our favorite ride at the second best park on Disney property.

Quote:
For all of you planners out there…take note! Sometimes the best moments at WDW will be those that are not planned. If it feels right, go with it. Those are the memories that will last the longest and matter the most later on when your back home in the real world.
That's so true. We can spend so much time planning and organizing and making inteneraries but sometimes the best times and memories just come from going with the flow. Some of the LaLas' best memories on our vacations in the World have been when we didn't plan anything at all and just kind of did the spontaneous thing for a change.

That parting shot on the way back out into the real world actually made me do an involuntary pouty lip thing and make a said face. Sitting in front of my computer. For real. It's usually such a depressing sight to see, but in this case, it meant you were headed back to your baby girls, which doesn't even hold a candle to a silly old Mouse. So I totally get your slightly lessened case of Disneyfreude. I'd be ready to get back too.

I really enjoyed your trip report, Woman. It sounds like you and TeeBee had a great time together. Thanks for taking us with you.

By the way, you're workin' that fanny pack. No wonder they carded you.

La2

Last edited by LaLa; 08-01-2006 at 08:37 AM. Reason: By the way, ZZUB. Re:your EMH question. I don't recall there being any fastpasses on EMH nights. No extra magic there. Apparently someone skimmed a certain TR. Focusing on the puke stories instead.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2006, 10:09 AM   #108
GeorgiaAristocat
Côôl DIS Veteran
Is this a quiet woohooty?
I'm proud that my brain finally kicked in!

Hey, J&RM ~

I don't know how I missed your trippie. I just found it and read it straight through.

Excellent reporting. And I TOTALLY understand about missing the kiddos. My hubby and I did a "get-away-from-it-all-and-scout-for-the-kids" trip last September. We had a wonderful time and it was all about us, but I kept seeing other kids and wishing I could share everything with my little princess. She was just days away from 3 at the time.

So, naturally, we're taking her and little bro for her 4th birthday! Along with Grammy and an older cousin. Good times.

So sorry your trip is at an end (unless you have any interesting flying back stories?), but looking forward to the next trip!

Amy
Christmas with Mickey! Our first trip as AP holders! December 2007 POFQ
There's Nothing Like Celebrating Your Birthday with the Mouse! May 2008 POR
October is boo-rific! October 2008 POFQ
Our Friend is on R&R from Iraq, So We're Disney World Bound! November 2009 CSR

Kids, Disney, Action! Extreme Trip (Report) HERE

Last edited by GeorgiaAristocat; 08-01-2006 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Maelstrom! baby! Actually, I sort of liked it to. LIKED, not LOVED like Soarin', and TOT, and RNR, and Philharmagic, etc.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:53 PM   #109
missmun52
DIS Veteran

I really enjoyed you trip report and i cant wait to read the next one.

I was really debating about taking my ds (20 months). Originally the plan was to leave him with my mother but it did not seem like that would work out so we decided to take him along. Well now that the date is much closer i see that i actually can leave him with her after all My DH said no, he feels i would not be able to make it without him as he has never ever been away from me more than about 5 hours. After reading this i know that i would just want to come back home if he were not with me.......sappy I know......i am trying
Old 08-01-2006, 10:09 PM   #110
J and R's mom
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much jennifer48, lala, and GA!

And missmun52, I have to agree with your husband. You'd be missing DS ALOT if you went to WDW without him! Of course, you will most likely have a few moments throughout your trip where you'd LOVE to be missing him, but mostly, I'm betting you'll be glad he's along.

I doubt I'll try too many more (if any) trips without the Princesses in tow. At least not for awhile. I hear the teenage years will send me running for cover, but until then, I'll be bringing them along.

WDW is just such a happy place and, like most moms, my true happiness involves my kiddos...so they just go together.

And when I need some time away from the whining and tantrums, we call one of the grandparents to come up and babysit and we take off for a night or two to my second favorite vacation spot just 2 hours away. That's just enough time (but not too much) to recharge.

And to all those who have read this TR, thanks for taking this journey with me.

Places we've stayed (17 trips and counting): DTD Villas(1984); CR(1991); GF(2000); WL/VWL(2001, 2002, 2009); BCV(2005, 2011, 2012); BWV(2006--3x, 2007); BLT(2010); AKV(2013--2x), MARRIED and HONEYMOONED at the BWI (1999)
Husband and Wife Get-A-Way (2006) Read about it and see PICTURES of it HERE

Last edited by J and R's mom; 08-01-2006 at 10:11 PM. Reason: To make up for not editing my last post...
Old 08-01-2006, 11:51 PM   #111
UtahMama
Wakey, wakey, Eggs and Bakey

Diet Cherry PEPSI Queen
I speak toddler
What in the Sam Hill is going on around here?

J and R's mom! THAT WAS FABULOUS! I really enjoyed your childless trip! Hope you do another TR for the next trip! Bet your princesses were SO happy to see you! well duh!

Love,
UtahMama
Old 08-02-2006, 12:04 PM   #112
schmoopypoo
Countin down the days

Just got done readin this TR and it was so awesome!!! I'm going in November without my little one (1st trip ever without her) and I thought I would be feeling guilty. You've given me hope I mean, I know I will miss her, but I'm gonna be in Disney, so how could anything go wrong HAHA

but anyways, great job and I really enjoyed reading and seeing the great pics.
Old 08-02-2006, 02:20 PM   #113
SleepingBeautyDreamr
Stop flirting with the Riddle Goddess

Location: At the little cottage in the woods with 3 good fairies

Subbing so I can finish reading it later
Past Trips: Nov 1983 ~ OP, April 1987 ~ OP, Sept 2006 ~ CSR, Oct 2006 ~ ASMo, May 2008 ~CSR, Dec 2009 ~ CSR
Old 08-02-2006, 05:35 PM   #114
pongoperdigirl
Who wants to go on a pillage
I must go bathe in clorox now!
"Check out my Chachi"
Someone hand me some rocks, I have to crack open my dinner on my belly

Hey J&R!!!

I am in the same boat as GAKitty there. I just found your report, and the time in which to read it.

Let me just say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Also, your family is very beautiful.
You are very pretty too. Gorgeous Dahling.
I loved those wedding pictures.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:46 PM   #115
TwinkieMama
Ummmm.... can I phone a friend? ask the audience?
There have been know to be subliminal messages on these riddle threads
pre-twinkies I was a genetic mutator

I have been sneaking peaks at your TR off and on and tonight I sat down to read the whole thing. I enjoyed it very much and was very interested in the whole princess-free angle as we are taking a princess and pirate-less party to WDW in just a couple of weeks. I know the only way you made it through was knowing that you would be back soon with the kidcakes. Thanks for sharing- I, for one, thought your emblazoned fanny pack made the trip. Can't wait to read the next trippie-
TwinkieMama
PS I teach at a university so I am in tune with what the youngun's are wearing, or shall I say not wearing these days.... at least you were at a vacation destination in the heat. I have seen people courting pneumonia in the midwest midwinter at a Biology Lab!!!
Old 08-02-2006, 09:53 PM   #116
DptyDogg
Mouseketeer

terrific TR!!

Before we took our first "family" trip to WDW my DW and I had booked a trip but ended up changing our plans and did something in state instead. Now that we have taken the boys we unfortunately closed the door on a future trip for just the two of us. That is until the boys hit college, so let's see.... only 13 more years and we're set.

I only have one word for you....LUCKY.

Although I must admit, the main reason that we will have to wait that long to go alone is that I get such a kick out of going with them. (especially since they are 5 and 10 and can go on everything) My favorite part about going now is getting to experience what I love about disney world through my boys. There isn't anything better.

Last edited by DptyDogg; 08-02-2006 at 10:06 PM.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:48 AM   #117
MissMagnolia
DIS Veteran

I just started reading these trip reports and I have to say I'm hooked. You, the happyhaunts report, and the banter back and forth between Lala, ZZUB, etc. are addicting and making me very excited for our trip in...23 days!!! BTW, after seeing ZZUB's signature, he'll be there at the same time. Now I am going to be walking around wondering...I won't wonder around Maelstrom, though (which I have to ride again, just because ).

Past DL visits & Past Off-Site WDW Visits:
Disneyland, CA x3, WDW - Embassy Suites x2, WDW - rental home
Past On-Site WDW Visits:
All-Star Movies x2, Caribbean Beach Resort , Pop Century , Beach Club , All-Star Sports , Polynesian , Upcoming: Port Orleans-Riverside

Old 08-03-2006, 08:17 PM   #118
J and R's mom
DIS Veteran

WOW! Thanks so MUCH for all the positive feedback!

GA and Pongo...nice to see you around these parts...

I can't believe Twinkiemama and Utahmama showed up here too!

SleepingBeautyDreamr...Have you finished yet? I'm glad you joined us!

schmoopypoo--You'll definitely miss her, but you'll also enjoy the alone time. You guys have a GREAT trip!

DptyDogg--WDW really is special through the eyes of the little ones. It makes it REALLY hard to want to be there without them...And I keep trying to remind myself of that everytime one (or both) of my angels are throwing fits...

MissMagnolia...OMGosh...you put me in there with ZZUB and the happyhaunts... Thanks for reading my report (and the others). I've learned that the TR Board is a VERY addicting place! Glad to see a fellow addict hanging out on my thread....

Places we've stayed (17 trips and counting): DTD Villas(1984); CR(1991); GF(2000); WL/VWL(2001, 2002, 2009); BCV(2005, 2011, 2012); BWV(2006--3x, 2007); BLT(2010); AKV(2013--2x), MARRIED and HONEYMOONED at the BWI (1999)
Husband and Wife Get-A-Way (2006) Read about it and see PICTURES of it HERE
Old 08-04-2006, 08:31 AM   #119
Bibbidi
DIS Veteran

Your trip report was hysterical. I can't wait until you go back so I can read another one! Your husband reminds me of mine. A lot grunting and selective listening!
Old 08-04-2006, 09:27 AM   #120
BeastiesBelle
Loving my Beast right back

I know the feeling!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: