Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2006, 05:45 PM   #61
LaLa
Hangs with the Mensas
Uses her boss as a coat rack while she dances
Dreams of running with the big dogs

Quote:
Stressed-Out-Mom: Honey, get off of the railing….Now we’re not supposed to climb on that, honey, it makes Mickey mad…Get down….because,mommy said…I mean it, GET DOWN!!!!

Sappy-Rub-It-In-Your-Face-I’m-Here-With-My-Kids-Mom: When we’re finished with this show, it’ll almost be time to go eat lunch with the Princesses. Are you excited about that?

Sappy-Mom’s-Precious-Kid—Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. OOHHH, will I finally get to meet Cinderella? You said she’d be there. Do you have my autograph book?
You could be talking about my family in both those instances. Back to back, even. Gotta love those roller coasters at Disney. The literal ones. And the figurative ones.

Quote:
I have a question for you. Would you consider Donald Duck one of the unluckiest ducks you’ve ever seen? And how does he manage to STILL have any friends left? I would have stuffed him long ago--if I were Mickey.
I think you may be onto something here. Maybe that's why Mickey's hangin out with Stitch these days. Maybe he finally got sick of dealing with Donald and that attitude of his and put him up the road.

We absolutely LOVE Mickey's Philharmagic. It's one of our favorites. The scene where it looks like you're flying is the best. Granted, it's no Soarin. Or Maelstrom for that matter, but it's definitely fastpass worthy.

You usually have your iteneraries down to the TIMES you're gonna ride certain rides? And I thought I was bad. You go Miss Organization.

Nice installment J&Rs MOM. Keep em comin.

Last edited by LaLa; 07-16-2006 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Now I'm in the mood for a Pepsi One. And maybe some Junior Mints. Cause who's gonna turn down a Junior Mint?
Old 07-16-2006, 06:00 PM   #62
sheridac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We had other rides to tend to and most things in Fantasyland go in circles and make TEEBEE ill or sing repetitive songs over-and-over and make us BOTH ill… and homicidal.
I soooo know of which you speak. I got stuck there once for about 40 minutes and it was worse than watching the shrub address the nation!!!

Last edited by sheridac; 07-16-2006 at 06:03 PM. Reason: you did kinda, sorta cheat a little with your itinerary and the pics. just sayin'!! ((big grin))
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2006, 07:01 PM   #63
angel*lady
DIS Veteran

Great trip report!

Too many WDW trips to list! My car is on auto pilot to Disney World!!
July 2003 - Disney Wonder

March 2005 - Costa Atlantica
January 2007 - RCCI Soverign of the Seas
August 2008 - Beijing Bound - 2008 Olympics!!!
Old 07-16-2006, 07:43 PM   #64
jw50
I might make it sound more embarrasing that it really was
By definition all of the maelstrom women are hotties

Quote:
Originally Posted by J and R's mom
Darn those belly dancers. Maybe I need to look into buying one of those outfits. Do they sell them in Morocco’s gift shops? I better check on that later in the trip.
I don't think that you would really need one but I am sure that TEEBEE would not complain too much if you did

Last edited by jw50; 07-16-2006 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Glad to see that you are still here ;)
Old 07-16-2006, 08:14 PM   #65
pumba
DIS PUMBARIZER
I have a smile on my face a mile wide
Let’s just say that Mr. Feeney came out “well done”

DISboards Moderator

OHHHHHHHH I have seen the little belly dancer outfits at the gift shop on the lagoon side of the Morocco. IT was so darn cute. Plus they had those little bitty things you hold on your fingers to make the clinking noises........and WOW I LOVE JUNIOR MINTS......but can't eat them......Oh well I can live thru you eating them...

Last edited by pumba; 07-16-2006 at 08:17 PM. Reason: CAUSE I AM DROOLING FOR A JUNIOR MINT DARN IT
Old 07-17-2006, 07:15 AM   #66
matthewpaul939
Making Radio MAGIC everyday!

Nice TR! Very funny stuff!

You and your DH sound like a fun couple!
May 22nd '06 - Welcomed our first Disney freak, Gretchen, to the family! Hmmmm...>Do a little math...
Old 07-17-2006, 10:51 AM   #67
J and R's mom
DIS Veteran

Matthewpaul939...I just had to say: WHAT A GORGEOUS, PRECIOUS little one you have hanging from your nose! Congrats on that special little bundle!

Day Two Continues:

We were HUNGRY--thanks to the way-too-authentic-smelling attraction we just exited (Mickey’s Philharmagic for those that may have forgotten). We scanned the itinerary and decided to eat at Pecos Bill’s. I LIKE Pecos Bill’s. It really has nothing to do with the food. I just like the name. I spent a few of my single-digit years living in a speck of a town that shared part of that eatery’s name. Oh yeah, and I REALLY like their condiments bar (be sure you read that word correctly, I don’t want there to be any confusion as to what I’m after at this place, now).

TEEBEE agrees since he’s really not picky and is just thrilled that HE didn’t have to plan any part of this trip. And it’s here that I make a suggestion and try to show-off some of my mad Disney knowledge to my husband:

Me: I know a short-cut to Pecos Bill’s. Aaaannnnddddd…it’ll take us right past the Haunted Mansion. What do you say? Want to ride it first, before we go eat?

TEEBEE: Yeah. Okay. Whatever.

So, I took a right (WHOOPS!) and headed off towards the Castle in search of It’s-A- Small-(homicidal)-World.

Okay…let me stop here for a minute and explain myself—since I keep taking jabs at this poor, innocent ride. I have to confess something. Not counting this trip, I ALWAYS make it a point to go on this attraction. Next to Main Street and the Castle, this annoying little ride DEFINES being in WDW for me. I haven’t figured out why yet. I think it’s because it’s one of the rides that I remember so vividly from my first trip to WDW. So I try to make a point to ride it. It wasn’t in the cards for this trip, however.

Okay. Moving along.

Now, I’ve mentioned before that I’m not as familiar with Fantasyland as I am the other parts of WDW. But I was SURE that I had remembered this shortcut correctly. But when I hit the Castle area, I knew that I had made a tactical error somewhere. DARN IT!

TEEBEE: This doesn’t look right.

ME: GRUNT! Hush. This is the shortcut for the long way around.

For those not quite familiar with the area that I’m referring to, or those that can’t quite remember the layout of MK, imagine, if you will, a clock. Mickey’s Philharmagic is around the 2 o’clock position and the Haunted Mansion is just northwest of the 10 o’clock position. So I should have turned LEFT out of Mickey’s Philharmagic and gone counter-clockwise. But remember, I turned RIGHT and went clock-wise…and ended up walking twice as far. But the scenery was nice. Sure wish I would have taken some pictures of it. But since I didn’t…here is another shot from our November 2005 trip. It's fitting here since we did pass this on my misguided shortcut:

You may be wondering if TEEBEE was put out by this side-adventure I led him on. Well, he wasn’t (at least not that he showed). Mainly because he’s accustomed to me doing this type of thing to him. You see, I’m the navigator when he drives. So, we’ve had plenty of these adventures in our time together…and I’m sure we’ll have plenty more…since I love to find shortcuts….to the LONG way around.

Passing by the Hall of Presidents (now at the 7 o’clock position on above mentioned clock) I spot THE HAUNTED MANSION! Yes. We're ALOMST there!

Me: Aren’t you EXCITED, TEEBEE?

TEEBEE: No. I’m tired. And my feet hurt.

Me: Don’t make me make you the 1000th Happy Haunt.

Spooky. That’s the word that sums up the entrance to this ride. But in a COOL way. How did Disney come up with all of that neat stuff? And the humor of this ride starts with those headstones (and possibly the shortcuts taken to get to the attraction). But I’m a coward. And the pre-show ALWAYS spooks me a little…ESPECIALLY at night. And the corpse hanging from the rafters…why did I ever have to look up and see that? Some folks may not know what I’m talking about here either. But at the very end of the pre-show, when the lights go out and it thunders and lightenings…look up at the ceiling… it’s pretty disturbing.

The lights come back on, the door opens and we race to the doom buggies. But we must first conquer the people mover. We both step onto it and aren’t quite sure which buggy we’re supposed to get into. Since the folks in front of us took the buggy we were aiming for, we changed our aim to the one behind them. But we were nearing the end of the people mover. Like I mentioned earlier, TEEBEE views this part of the ride as a personal challenge. So he hurries into the buggy, banging his knee really hard on the handle. OUCH. But, we won. We were in the buggy BEFORE we reached the end of the people mover.

So what happens to the folks who aren’t as lucky as we were? I have a theory. It came to me once while we were on this ride on a previous trip and all the buggies stopped. We were mid-turn, in front of a LOUD speaker, in the room with the floating-head-in-a-globe thingy. In my mind I imagined that someone had failed the Doom-Buggy-Entrance-Challenge and was fed to one of those “things” behind those doors at the beginning of the ride. But I’m sure Disney wouldn’t do that. Would they? Unless it was Mike Eisner. Hmmm…maybe THAT’S where he went.

We made it through the ride and I survived those screaming heads that kept popping up from the ground….and kept SCARING the TAR out of me….again….still. But when we reached the end of the ride, we were cheated. We didn’t get a hitch-hiking ghost. The couple in front of us did. And the empty buggy behind us did…but NO HITCH-HIKING-GHOST for us! Maybe next time.

And speaking of next time: I should make it through our lunch at Pecos Bill’s. Until then, here's a picture from our Dec. 2000, trip with my parents:

I'm including this picture since my "shortcut" led right past these things...making TEEBEE really wish I was locked up in them at the moment...And for those that may not know this, the Haunted Mansion is just to the right of where this picture was taken (and a little to the north).

Until next time....

Places we've stayed (19 trips and counting): DTD Villas(1984); CR(1991);MARRIED and HONEYMOONED at the BWI (1999) ; Offsite(2000); GF(2000); WL/VWL(2001, 2002, 2009); BCV(2005, 2011, 2012); BWV(2006--3x, 2007); BLT(2010, 2014); AKV(2013--2x)
Husband and Wife Get-A-Way (2006) Read about it and see PICTURES of it HERE

Last edited by J and R's mom; 07-17-2006 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Quit talking about jr mints...it's making me want one...jw50--thanks for the compliment; LaLa--yep, i plan like that (but can still be flexible)-plus it gives TEEBEE something else to roll his eyes at
Old 07-17-2006, 11:03 AM   #68
jamal
Nutwing #4
You and your peeps are
B-E-A-utiful!

Hey girlie, just wanted you to know I am loving your TR! It's great to see you two kids at play.
Now playing:
The Fixer, The CookMaster, The Teacher, and The President: a 2007 sequel of sorts!!

3/07 BC CL,9/07 BC CL , Jan. 2008 AKL, June 2008 Windsor Hills(!), Sept. '08 Poly, Thanksgiving '08 CR CL!
Old 07-17-2006, 11:10 AM   #69
sheridac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And the pre-show ALWAYS spooks me a little…ESPECIALLY at night. And the corpse hanging from the rafters…why did I ever have to look up and see that?
See, now. I LOVE this part. I always look up. But, then again, I am just the very tiniest bit warped.

Quote:
So what happens to the folks who aren’t as lucky as we were? I have a theory. It came to me once while we were on this ride on a previous trip and all the buggies stopped. We were mid-turn, in front of a LOUD speaker, in the room with the floating-head-in-a-globe thingy. In my mind I imagined that someone had failed the Doom-Buggy-Entrance-Challenge and was fed to one of those “things” behind those doors at the beginning of the ride. But I’m sure Disney wouldn’t do that. Would they? Unless it was Mike Eisner. Hmmm…maybe THAT’S where he went.
Hmm. Interesting theory. There’s a few politicians I’d like to test this out on!!! But seriously. Think about it. If Disney actually did that (fed those poor unfortunate souls to one of those "things" behind the doors), they'd have no way of continued wallet hemorrhage now, would they?? And we all know how important that is to Disney!!

Last edited by sheridac; 07-17-2006 at 11:13 AM. Reason: no jr mints here. nor yoo hoo or diet coke for that matter!!!
Old 07-17-2006, 05:52 PM   #70
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

Lost in WDW never, I am sure you meant to go that way so you could see more. That's what I tell my hubby when he says why didn't we go that way.
Keep it coming....
Old 07-18-2006, 12:01 PM   #71
J and R's mom
DIS Veteran

Day Two Continues (Thank goodness this was only a four day trip):

Can we EAT already?!

Yeah…I think we should. But no shortcuts this time. Come to think of it, I’m starting to feel that my entire trip report is shaping up to be ALOT like one of my notorious shortcuts. ONWARD!!!

Since we BOTH know the way from Haunted Mansion over to Frontierland, we managed the trek with great ease. I love this part of Magic Kingdom. My roots are from “the Good Ole West.” It’s like home to me. Except we didn’t have any bears…. just desert and tumble weeds (seriously). And just up the way we spot this (although this picture was from our November 2002 trip, it pretty much looked the same):

Now, we don’t know any of the folks in the picture…we’re just snagging a shot of the bear…and the PECOS BILL SIGN!

I won’t drag out our eating experience too much, but I will say this, I enjoyed their dry hamburgers. If you put enough mustard on it, it’s hard to tell how dry it really is. And I made my standard stop by the condiments bar to load up on some cooked mushrooms, pickles, shredded lettuce and tomatoes. YUM YUM! Oh yeah, and a tiny speck of ketchup for my fries. A warning about the desserts…well, what they tried to pass off as a dessert anyway. They only have one…the Peanut Butter Brownie Mousse. The name scared us enough as it was, but we figured we’d try it since it was included with the dining plan anyway. I’d rather have had a Dole Whip. Enough said.

I’ll also spare you the parenting tips TEEBEE and I discussed at our table while trying desperately to ignore the children at the table across from us whose parents CLEARLY had no parenting knowledge. This isn’t the debate board and some of you might not agree with what TEEBEE and I think those young ‘uns needed a good dose of. So…we’ll skip that part.

And finally, I will spare you pictures of more indecent clothing (mainly because I didn’t take any photos of this most recent assault on decency). But I have another question for you. Is the new style to try and show as much flesh as possible? I know it’s hot in Florida. Even in May. But must I see three fourths of a persons’ cleavage? And as low as some of those waistlines were on shorts, I’m fairly confident that seeing undergarments wasn’t going to be a problem. There’s no way that they were wearing any. Okay…visuals and rants over…at least until I get to day three.

With our bellies full, it was time to go ride a ride that is fast becoming one of my favorites: Tomorrowland Transit Authority (TTA)! Steven was just thankful I hadn’t recommended a spinning ride or rollercoaster. This ride is more his speed anyway. I’d love to say that we swang by Adventureland and rode the all new POTC, but I can’t…at least not truthfully. They had just closed it down to make it “all new.” But we did see this along the way:

Okay. So a squirrel can’t make up for missing POTC—even if it is a Disney squirrel--but that’s okay because TTA was waiting for us. When you’re hot and/or not in the mood to battle crowds, this is a cute little ride. Ask ZZUB. I think he’s friends with one of the gentleman that gets paged on the ride…Mr. Tom Morrow. Maybe ZZUB can tell Mr. Tom Morrow to answer that darned page already. (And if that last part makes no sense to you, click here
for a most excellent adventure...and explanation).

But this ride makes me start missing my little ones again. Princesses J and R really like this ride…except for the tunnels. That spooks them a little. And an added bonus to this ride…you get to play the People-Mover-Challenge twice—once getting onto the ride and again when you exit. Four times if you count the Escalator-Without-Stairs that takes you to and from the loading platform. No banged knees or close calls for us this time around. We were pros.

I mentioned to TEEBEE that I’d like to take some time during this trip and visit the Main Street Fire Station and Town Hall as well as browse leisurely through the Main Street shops…all things that we can do and now appreciate…since the Princesses aren’t with us. Let me say this: Please go explore Town Hall. It has some hidden treasures inside…and it’s air-conditioned. We had the place to ourselves:

I'm making that face because I'm not quite sure how I feel about having my head sticking out what appears to be Dopey's stomach...ICK!!!

But look at this handsome devil:

We then headed over to the Fire Station and bought a few MORE things. Oh, it appears that I forgot to mention ALL of the stuff we bought for the Princesses while we toured the Main Street shops. I guess I’m still in denial over that topic.

Gift bags in tow, we head to the bus stop.

Me: Come ON, TEEBEE!

TEEBEE: (behind mounds of shopping bags) You COULD help me with these, you know.

Me: Well, I already have to carry the fanny pack. You’re getting off easy.

TEEBEE: GRUNT!

Up Next: Probably a nap….Unless we decide to hit Animal Kingdom a day early.

Places we've stayed (19 trips and counting): DTD Villas(1984); CR(1991);MARRIED and HONEYMOONED at the BWI (1999) ; Offsite(2000); GF(2000); WL/VWL(2001, 2002, 2009); BCV(2005, 2011, 2012); BWV(2006--3x, 2007); BLT(2010, 2014); AKV(2013--2x)
Husband and Wife Get-A-Way (2006) Read about it and see PICTURES of it HERE

Last edited by J and R's mom; 07-18-2006 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Cause I HAVE to...it's a rule...
Old 07-19-2006, 08:20 PM   #72
sheridac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Now, we don’t know any of the folks in the picture…we’re just snagging a shot of the bear…and the PECOS BILL SIGN!
Are you sure????

Look closer.....

Last edited by sheridac; 07-19-2006 at 08:21 PM. Reason: that guy with the hat?? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!!!!
Old 07-20-2006, 11:36 AM   #73
ZZUB
Roll Tide, Mean It

Location: If I'm not at Monk's, check the Hawk & Dove, or else I'm playing tetherball

Quote:
When you’re hot and/or not in the mood to battle crowds, this is a cute little ride. Ask ZZUB. I think he’s friends with one of the gentleman that gets paged on the ride…Mr. Tom Morrow. Maybe ZZUB can tell Mr. Tom Morrow to answer that darned page already. (And if that last part makes no sense to you, click here
Aw shucks. Thanks for the promo.

We love the PeopleMover. Yes it's lame, yes there is no thrill in it and yes the narration is cheesier than the stuff they sell for your "nachos" at the Circle K. Still, it's classic Disney. And when you think about it, most of the MK rides are kinda lame. Space Mountain is nothing compared with RnR. But it's Disney World and, at least for us, it's a must do.

The look on your husband's face. We have about 2 dozen pictures of me with the same look. Why do y'all insist on making us take those pictures?

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'they are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.'" Jeremiah 29:11

Last edited by ZZUB; 07-20-2006 at 11:39 AM. Reason: I used to like Pecos Bills but anymore it's kinda crappy. Sadly, it seems Disney World food is going the way of Disneyland's. Gasp!
Old 07-20-2006, 11:26 PM   #74
precious pixie
DIS Veteran

I love the pictures i also subject my DH to those pictures and I make him were all sorts of hats like extra large sombreros, pirates hats, and that large neon green Goofy one to name a few

I have a crush on a mouse
Old 07-21-2006, 05:16 AM   #75
Disney owl
DIS Veteran

Great reports can't wait for mor.

Thanks for sharing your photos with us

JUNE 1996 & JUNE 1998 JUNE 2005 DLP - Camp Davy Crockett
AUGUST 2000 & OCT 2002 SEPT 2008 DLP - Offsite
JUNE 2001 AUGUST 2003 & 2007, SEPT2010 WDW - Offsite

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: