Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2006, 03:22 PM   #31
ArielDreams
Mouseketeer

redneck photos... i like the idea!!! will have to try that one out next trip...

great report! can't wait to read more!
July 2003 - Caribbean Beach * March 2005 - Pop Century * September 2005 - Coronado Springs
April 2006 - Newport Bay Club (Disneyland Paris) * November 2008 - All Star Movies * October 2010 - Disney Family Museum San Francisco
August 2011 - Boardwalk Inn * Up Next: April 2013 - Port Orleans Riverside!

Old 07-13-2006, 03:33 PM   #32
Ponkeo
Earning My Ears

yall are so cute

just like mickey and minnie. . you are such a beautiful bride. if you saw any eggrolls, please include them in the report for me with details on location. thanks
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2006, 06:54 PM   #33
precious pixie
DIS Veteran

I love the stories!!! Keep 'em coming

I have a crush on a mouse
Old 07-13-2006, 07:02 PM   #34
sheridac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Mornings and my husband go together like investments and Enron. It’s just not a good mix. We’ve learned over the years that minimal talking is best until after lunch. And neither of us drinks coffee. So you can just imagine.
What??!!! You don't drink coffee??? Holy crap!!! You poor things!! How do you function??

Also, uh, where to start?? Loved the pics of the view and the honeymoon.

And. I am the original thrill ride girl!! I could do R&R, ToT and all the mountains ALL DAY LONG!!!!

An most excellent adventure, my girl. You deserve the finest muffins and bagels in all the land!!!
Old 07-13-2006, 07:48 PM   #35
tinker*dust
Mouseketeer

I'm hooked! And I'm envious. Of your vacation to WDW without kids.
Looking forward to more!
Beach Club - 06
Hard Rock Hotel 07
DVC @ AKL - 08

Disneyfanatic and mom to 3 fabulous kids!
Old 07-13-2006, 08:23 PM   #36
J and R's mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponkeo
....if you saw any eggrolls, please include them in the report for me with details on location. thanks
I personally didn't see the eggrolls, but I know they exist somewhere in EPCOT...or that's what I've heard anyway...Click here for an awesome WDW website. This link is to the menu for China's Counter Service eatery. Eggrolls are listed on it.

Now I'm craving Chinese food...and it's time for bed. GREAT!

Hi Sher! Thanks for stopping in!

tinker*dust--and all the others that have mentioned envy of a sans kid trip-- stay tuned...it's not quite as easy as I thought it would be...****SPOILER ALERT****and I doubt we'll be doing it again anytime soon...well, I hear the teenage years may sending us running back by ourselves, but until then, I want their tiny, whinny, crying little bottoms there with us.

The next installment should be up tomorrow.
Places we've stayed (17 trips and counting): DTD Villas(1984); CR(1991); GF(2000); WL/VWL(2001, 2002, 2009); BCV(2005, 2011, 2012); BWV(2006--3x, 2007); BLT(2010); AKV(2013--2x), MARRIED and HONEYMOONED at the BWI (1999)
Husband and Wife Get-A-Way (2006) Read about it and see PICTURES of it HERE

Next stop:

Last edited by J and R's mom; 07-13-2006 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Sher and Mel and Lillygator and kpk and AshClan are posting on my report....cool...
Old 07-13-2006, 10:10 PM   #37
LaLa
Hangs with the Mensas
Uses her boss as a coat rack while she dances
Dreams of running with the big dogs

I'd rather eat a whole jar of hairy pickled pig lips with no Yoo Hoo to wash it down with than have to see that site live and in technicolor.

Aside from that, J&R's MOM! YOU SO ROCK.

I just read the first three pages and I am loving it. How cute are yall! Such a cute couple. The both of ya. Really. I love the wedding pictures. The one of him looking at you is so sweet. You can just see the love on his face. Thanks for sharing those. They're awesome.

And you done me proud Mama. With the Redneck Photos. I need a moment. And the MAELSTROM FANNY PACK. How cool is that? I think this is my new favorite trip report. No, wait. I KNOW this is my new favorite trip report. Currently being written. Cause ZZUB hasn't started his yet. And he IS Coke, after all. The original. The better tasting one. The one that blows Pepsi away. BTW.

Seriously. I love your TR and I'm really glad I found you Woman. Keep it coming.

Oh, and one more thing that I just can't let slip by me...

Quote:
This is my theory on make-up. When Eve ate that apple and God kicked both of them out of Eden, God handed Eve a bag of make-up and said, “You will now be cursed with the need to feel like you must wear make-up to look pretty. And Adam, you will be cursed with DEALING with women and their make-up routines and costs. Now BE GONE WITH YOU.” Or something like that.
Yeah, I think the makeup thing is on the low end of the totem pole in regards to the fallout with this one. Don't believe me? I got two words for ya.

CHILD. BIRTH.

Mama no like.

Last edited by OhMari; 07-15-2006 at 08:17 AM. Reason: Picture not needed.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:29 PM   #38
BDDisney
Mouseketeer

KEEP IT COMING!!!

I'm lovin' it! Great report!
Aug 2007--ASMusic & POR
Aug 2008--Wonder & ASMusic
Mar 2009--CB
Aug 2009--ASMusic
Aug 2010--ASMovies
Aug 2011--ASMusic
Aug 2012--ASMusic

(Me-Mom) (DD-13)

Old 07-14-2006, 10:33 AM   #39
NAB
That first page just got too heavy
Maybe I am the gloved one and have an inside scoop

J R mom....It is nice to put a face to you. I see your name somewhere else all the time.

Loving your report and the pics. You are so funny( in a good way that is). Funny thing is I can relate to the babysitter thing. That is what we do too. And the make up thing too. It really catches hubby of guard when I do wear it.

Waiting for more.....
Old 07-14-2006, 10:38 AM   #40
J and R's mom
DIS Veteran

LALA!!!!!!! HI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaLa
Yeah, I think the makeup thing is on the low end of the totem pole in regards to the fallout with this one. Don't believe me? I got two words for ya.

CHILD. BIRTH....
Well...try this one out...Women who feel the NEED to WEAR make-up DURING child birth...

Oh, and NAB! and BDDisney...good to see ya!
Places we've stayed (17 trips and counting): DTD Villas(1984); CR(1991); GF(2000); WL/VWL(2001, 2002, 2009); BCV(2005, 2011, 2012); BWV(2006--3x, 2007); BLT(2010); AKV(2013--2x), MARRIED and HONEYMOONED at the BWI (1999)

Next stop:

Last edited by J and R's mom; 07-14-2006 at 10:39 AM. Reason: My friends are coming out to play!
Old 07-14-2006, 10:44 AM   #41
J and R's mom
DIS Veteran

You won’t believe this, but Day One STILL Continues:

I just can’t help myself, I guess. That first day was EXTRA magical. There is something about arriving at Disney World on that first day, at least for me. I’m just happy ALL over. But the real reason I’m going to add an addendum to Day One is because I forgot a VERY important part of that night…MAELSTROM!

Now, a few of you have been following the whole Maelstrom thing. And as a tribute to my Maelstrom buddies, I made a sign for my fanny pack. It read “Maelstrom….Is a FASTPASS?!” I proudly taped that sign to my fanny pack and was wearing it all around WDW on our first day. TEEBEE wasn’t very amused. Oh. And he flat out REFUSED to wear the fanny pack as long as that sign was on it. And as payback for having to be seen so close to the offending sign, he refused to wear the fanny pack the rest of the trip…even after I lost my sign. (It's a good thing he didn't pull a Zzub because I wouldn't have let him use my fanny pack!--MAELSTROM!)

You’ve seen this picture, but it’s the only one that shows any part of the Mealstrom sign. (I’m sure TEEBEE did that on purpose—he’s probably upset that THAT much of the sign made it into any photo).

So after we left Mouse Gear, we knew that Illuminations was about to start but I HAD to ride Maelstrom…in honor of my new DIS friends. So we trek on over to Norway. The stand-by line said 20 minutes. TEEBEE grunted. I, however, trudged forward. I would NOT be daunted. The actual wait was more like five minutes, though.

As we approached the CM at the front of the line, he looked down at my sign and had the strangest face….but said nothing. We boarded the ride. And….I really liked it. Yep. You read that correctly. I LIKED it. Still not sure why it’d be a Fastpass, but it was pretty cute…in a trollish kind of way.

MAELSTROM, I say.

But sadly, by the time we got back to the resort, the “Maelstrom” part of my sign was gone. Never to be seen again. At least not by me.

Day Two, May 12, 2006

That indistinguishable Disney character voice was on the phone again. Was that supposed to be Stitch? But I could swear I heard a Mickey laugh in there somewhere. Was Stitch assaulting Mickey? And if so, did Mickey’s laugh mean that Mickey liked it?

I figured it was time to get up and head on over to Magic Kingdom so I could ask Mickey about that.

The plan was to get to Magic Kingdom BEFORE the gates opened:

Me: TEEEEEEEBEEEEEEE. Time to get uuuuuuuppppppp.

TEEBEE: GRUNT!

Me: Up, Mister!

TEEBEE: GRUNT!

Me: (as I throw open the curtains…heh, heh) Oh, LOOK! The sun’s up.

TEEBEE: WOMAN!

Me: Hee hee hee

As Mr. Grumpy-Pants goes and showers, I finish getting ready and go outside and take in the view from our balcony. It’s really hard to beat that view. All of the sudden I hear:

TEEBEE: You better feed me!

Me: Well, let’s go Mister. I know of an EXCELLENT little bakery right down there (pointing to Boardwalk Bakery from our balcony).

So Grumpy (TEEBEE) and I head over to the Boardwalk Bakery. He likes sweets in the morning. Me....not so much. I’m not big on breakfast and I’m not big on sweets, so putting them BOTH together in the mornings is disturbing to me. But this is about TEEBEE. So we enter. Using his snack credit, he gets a cherry turnover. I get us some water. And off we go to the bus stop.

TEEBEE: Where are you going?

Me: Where are YOU going?

TEEBEE: I’m going over to that table [right outside the bakery along the lake front] to eat.

Me: If you wanted to sit down and eat breakfast you should have gotten up sooner. It’s not on my itinerary. Now let’s move it along. They have benches at the bus stop.

TEEBEE: GRUNT!!

But once he had some food in his belly, all was well:

And he had plenty of time to finish it before the bus arrived. We had just missed one bus and it took about 20 minutes for the next one to arrive (which wasn’t too bad). I did, however, look at TEEBEE and say:

Me: See. I TOLD you we had time for you to sit down and eat that at the table.

TEEBEE: GLARE!

Me: Heh, heh.

We made it to Magic Kingdom in plenty of time to catch the opening ceremony. The first experience I have with watching the opening ceremony at Magic Kingdom was back in February of this year when I took Princess J with me for a mother-daughter-get-a-way. The ceremony actually made me tear up (as in crying, not ripping). I became all sappy. I blamed it on being a mom and being there with my precious little 2.5-year-old. Otherwise, I would have been a toughie with no tears.

WRONG! I teared up again as TEEBEE and I watched it. He rolled his eyes at me…which is standard if I get tears in my eyes over something sappy. Here are some pictures...of the opening, not my tears...:

It’s such a neat experience…at least until they drop the rope and let everyone inside. And then it’s like running with the bulls in Spain, but instead of dodging horns on a bull you’re dodging strollers and crazed teenagers trying to get to THE rides. My advice, either run or GET OUT OF THE WAY. This will satisfy most everyone, except the CMs….they frown at the runners.

Up Next: Our MK adventures and some more revealing clothing—but in a Disney way.

Next stop:

Last edited by J and R's mom; 07-14-2006 at 10:52 AM. Reason: cause i wanted to...and needed to
Old 07-14-2006, 12:01 PM   #42
Ponkeo
Earning My Ears

eggroll carts (not ones on menus)

i'm just on this kick this month - bear with me. i'm probably the only one who thinks it's funny. you know i have never ridden maelstrom or seen the opening ceremony that i can remember, can't wait to do both this time. wait something's coming back to me now - is this the boat think in the netherlands or something? anyway, i'm loving it. keep it coming.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:42 PM   #43
Jennifer48
Not a Disney bride but engaged and honeymooned at Disney!

First off J and R's Mom, you are way too young and thin to be the mother of those to princesses!

Second, this is a great TR! I'm lovin' it like McDonalds.

just for you!

Btw, I have never been to the rope drop at MK but I have been on Maelstrom, why didn't you fastpass it?!

Aulani: '13
My Latest Invention: The Traffic-eliminator-inator!
A Road Trip Engagement
Best Friends and New Friends - A MAGICal Tale
My First Disney Cruise Trip Report
Old 07-14-2006, 12:50 PM   #44
ZZUB
Roll Tide, Mean It

Location: If I'm not at Monk's, check the Hawk & Dove, or else I'm playing tetherball

OH MY EYES!!! SOMEONE PLUCK OUT MY EYES!
I can't believe I had to see THAT again!!!!!!!!
Just when I healed from my last exposure to the horror of that picture, HERE IT COMES AGAIN! Good night! It's like Mad Tea Cups. Only grosser. I'm gonna spew! Again.

Quote:
We had only planned on having one child. But I touched TEEBEE’s foot one night and Princess R was on her way.
This must be the new biology they're teaching. I always thought babies came from a different place.

Quote:
I HAD to ride Maelstrom…in honor of my new DIS friends. So we trek on over to Norway. The stand-by line said 20 minutes. TEEBEE grunted. I, however, trudged forward. I would NOT be daunted. The actual wait was more like five minutes, though.
To better honor us, you could NOT ride that joke of an attraction and merely spit in its direction. That's what I plan to do. By they way, it's ALWAYS a 5 minute wait. The 20 minute sign is a pump fake. They put it up to make people think it's cool to ride Maelstrom.

Quote:
And….I really liked it.
And now you're on ignore. Nerd.

Other than your willigness to subject yourself to the crappiest ride in the crappiest park (sorry, LaLa) and your need to subject us to the second scarriest picture in the known world, this is a fun read.

"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'they are plans for good and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.'" Jeremiah 29:11

Last edited by ZZUB; 07-14-2006 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Now I'm in the mood for a Diet C, too. And a corn dog. Maybe some Jo Jos. I'll head on down to the Circle K.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:25 PM   #45
LaLa
Hangs with the Mensas
Uses her boss as a coat rack while she dances
Dreams of running with the big dogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&RsMOM
As we approached the CM at the front of the line, he looked down at my sign and had the strangest face….but said nothing. We boarded the ride. And….I really liked it. Yep. You read that correctly. I LIKED it. Still not sure why it’d be a Fastpass, but it was pretty cute…in a trollish kind of way.

MAELSTROM, I say.
Most definitely IS a fastpass. You know it.

I am ROLLING. On the floor. At the plucking out of the eyes comment. Above me. No silent shaking today. Good thing I'm at home. Or else my boss would think I need to be committed. Again.

Post it again, J&R's MOM. The one from Mouse Gear. Somewhere down the line just sneak it in. Where someone least expects it. For La2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&RsMOM
Well...try this one out...Women who feel the NEED to WEAR make-up DURING child birth...
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&R'sMOM
We had only planned on having one child. But I touched TEEBEE’s foot one night and Princess R was on her way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZUB
This must be the new biology they're teaching. I always thought babies came from a different place.
Just in case there's any question, why don't you try asking the women wearing the makeup. I'm sure they'd be more than happy to tell you where babies come from. Right after they tell you where to go. Cause you're a member of the male species. We think.

J&R'sMOM, I love your trip report. I love Epicot. I love Maelstrom. I love Coke too. BTW. And I just like Pepsi. These days.

Keep it comin Woman. I love all the pictures. They really make me wanna be there NOW. Is it September yet?

La2

Last edited by LaLa; 07-14-2006 at 03:04 PM. Reason: I'll meet ya there. My treat. I just got a raise AND a bonus.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: