Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2006, 05:25 PM   #16
exwdwcm
wishes she was Wendy Moira Angela Darling

enjoying your report and can't wait to hear the rest! how long were you there for?

lol at the 'redneck' photos.......we do that too sometimes!

WDW College Program-Fall 96
84, 86-FTW, 93-FTW, 97, 98-OFFSITE, 00-POR, 03, 04, 05-GAYLORD, 04-POFQ, 05-POR, 06-CBR, 07-AKL, May 09-DIS Podcast Cruise, DEC 09-DAP/WL, Sept 10-DL, DEC 10 BLT, FEB 10 JOINED DVC! AUG 11 DLH, OCT 11 BLT, NOV 2012 BLT
Old 07-12-2006, 06:15 PM   #17
1000thhappyhaunt
Maelstromer

Hi There.

I am enjoying this much.

Your dog is pretty darn cute.

I'm so glad you rode Aerosmith.

I love it too.

I can't believe you ate at a DS COUNTER SERVICE.

You are both foolish and brave.

Kudos. Or Cudos. I'm confuselled now.

Thanks for clearing up something for Me(l): I always thought you were JR's Mom. Miss Ellie.

Keep 'em comin'. From Dallas.

Cheers, Mel.

Last edited by 1000thhappyhaunt; 07-12-2006 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Little smilie guy with swollen thumb
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2006, 07:53 PM   #18
AshClan
I forgot to say SNAP!
We'll coordinate our Woo Hooties!
Yes, he is a mutant. But a cute one

JnR's Mom!

Great start on your trippie! And you and DH are cuties! That dog must eat a lot. He's pretty big. I'm just sayin.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know I was reading. And enjoying. And waiting. For the next installment......

Last edited by AshClan; 07-12-2006 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Maelstrom.......
Old 07-12-2006, 08:45 PM   #19
missummer
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to read more! I'm really enjoying this!

Looking to plan another trip in 2009 with whole family
SWAN: 8/9-8/14/06

Me(Mom) Grandma (can't forget Grandma!) DD6 (1st Disney trip)
Old 07-12-2006, 08:51 PM   #20
J and R's mom
DIS Veteran

Day One DOESN’T Come to a Close (Yet):

Because the weather was nice and cool after the rain shower, and because the boat had just pulled away, TEEBEE and I decided to walk back to the BWVs from MGM. Now, we’ve taken this walk before and KNOW how long it actually is. But we enjoy taking it. And racing the boat. Did I mention that TEEBEE is competitive? Well, so am I really, but on this day, he was a bit more competitive than I was. He couldn’t stand that the boat was pulling away from us. When he started to speed-walk (something this laid-back person RARELY does) I had to rein him back.:

Me: Whoa, boy. Slow down.

TEEBEE: That boat’s not going to beat me.

Me: Define “beat.”

TEEBEE: What?

Me: Well, if you run and get yourself all tired, I’d say it beat you anyway. Plus, if you run, then I’ll have to run (since I’m competitive, too) and then I’ll have to beat you…but with my fists. For making me tired. ON OUR FIRST DAY HERE. Besides, it has a few stops to make before it makes it to BWV. So CHILL!

TEEBEE: Grunt. (Still grunting after lunch even. I got him up WAY too early.)

We continue at a relatively nice pace over to the Boardwalk. I must add here how much I like the Epcot resort area. It’s a little town unto itself. A town that has its own lake and easy access to two theme parks, not to mention nightlife and more restaurants than someone can eat at in one visit. What more could a vacationer ask for? Miniature golf, you say? Hmmm….well, Fantasia Gardens is just on the other side of the Swan and Dolphin.

The other reason I’m so attached to this area is that TEEBEE and I were married at Sea Breeze Point—the white and green gazebo on the Boardwalk. Here is some proof:

And we honeymooned at the BWI (more "proof"--heh, heh):

OH WAIT! That's the WRONG picture...here you go:

Man is he handsome. I’m one LUCKY woman! So anyway, it’s a special place for us.

We make it into the lobby and check into our room. I’ve shown you some photos of our view (and you can see Sea Breeze Point from our balcony) but here are some shots of the living room and kitchen:

You've seen this shot, but I'll post it again since the gazeebo might hold a bit more sentiment now (plus, I really like this shot):

And here are some shots of the bathroom (a side-note for those that are interested--the 1 bedroom units come with a split bathroom—the tub, vanity and closet area….)

…and then a sink, toilet, shower area:

It’s interesting to note that I took pictures of the bathroom but didn’t get pictures of the actual bedroom area (It has a king bed, TV armoire, table and chairs, and another balcony--for those that are interested). Nice to see where my priorities lie. Or disturbing. I’ll leave that up to you.

Up Next: I didn’t make it anywhere near the belly dancer, blue thong or pasta in this installment but I’m hoping that at least ONE of them makes it into the next installment.

Places we've stayed (17 trips and counting): DTD Villas(1984); CR(1991); GF(2000); WL/VWL(2001, 2002, 2009); BCV(2005, 2011, 2012); BWV(2006--3x, 2007); BLT(2010); AKV(2013--2x), MARRIED and HONEYMOONED at the BWI (1999)
Husband and Wife Get-A-Way (2006) Read about it and see PICTURES of it HERE

Last edited by J and R's mom; 07-12-2006 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Thanks for stopping by and posting Mel. But really, did you HAVE to give away my secret about being JR's mom and tell everyone where I live? And I look GOOD for my age! What am I now, 136?
Old 07-13-2006, 08:48 AM   #21
missmun52
DIS Veteran

i am enjoying your report. love the wedding pics !
Old 07-13-2006, 09:03 AM   #22
kddlm
Mouseketeer

So Entertaining!

Loving the stories! Not to mention so envious of you for travelling without your kids! Have never been able to get myself to that point yet and they are 11 and 6! P.S. My mom is the only babysitter my kids ever had as well!!! Keep up the great stories!
VBR/OKW (April 2009/
Spring Break Trip-OKW/VBR (2010)
September 2010 - OKW
April/May 2012 - BWV
DCL-Fantasy March 2013
Old 07-13-2006, 09:39 AM   #23
Mom of Sleepy, Bashful and BabyDoc
DIS Veteran

Love the review.......keep it coming.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:04 AM   #24
Nee Nee and Biddy
Mouseketeer

I love it! We also got married at WDW and have proof of it! haha I'm also one of those mamas that won't leave the baby with anyone but family so we are craving some alone time too. I'm so jealous...but I plan on showing your report to DH so we can plan a childless vacation in the future.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:48 PM   #25
J and R's mom
DIS Veteran

Day One….Still:

You saw the pictures of the wedding and some pictures of the room. BUT DID WE BEAT THAT DARNED BOAT?!

It was a tie, really. The boat clearly beat us to the Swan & Dolphin, but it was halfway over to the Boardwalk as we rounded the corner onto the wooden planks. But I didn’t have to smell that diesel exhaust so I still feel like I won.

We loved our room and our view but we had important things to discuss. Like whether or not we should take a nap. We’re generally nicer when we’ve had our sleep. We had dinner reservations at Alfredo’s in Italy in two hours (and given the context of this trip report, I’m assuming you all know that I mean Italy in World Showcase at EPCOT—not the one in Europe). We can’t nap at home (see post one if you’re not clear on why) and we both LOVE our naps, so….a nap it is.

An hour-an-a-half later, and a phone call from some indistinct Disney character later, we’re headed to World Showcase to eat some dinner. But before we could make it to Italy, we came across some live entertainment in the streets of Morocco:

That gentleman in the green hat sure is getting into it, isn’t he? Heh, heh. A few of my family members that were not able to attend would really appreciate a good belly dancer, so I took a few photos and continued on my way.

Me: She’s pretty good, huh, TEEBEE?.....Don’t you think so TEEBEE?......Hey…. TEEBEEE…..TEEBEE...... Get over here. We have dinner reservations to get to young man! Move it along!

Darn those belly dancers. Maybe I need to look into buying one of those outfits. Do they sell them in Morocco’s gift shops? I better check on that later in the trip.

Without any other interruptions, we make it to Italy. Now, I’ve never been to Alfredo’s before, but I’ve been reading some good reviews about it, and especially about their original Fettuccine Alfredo. Here we are in the lobby of Alfredo’s as we wait for our names to be called. (Again, I’m taking the picture, so it looks a bit odd):

Having researched the dinner menu on Allearsnet.com prior to our trip, we were looking forward to our dinner and pretty much knew what we wanted to order. Our server, however, wasn’t as pleased with our choices, at least not mine. I was craving a salad, so I ordered (or tried to anyway) “Alfredo's Famous Caesar Salad.” This is where I offended our server:

Me: For an appetizer I’ll have the Ceasar Salad. And for….

All-Wise-Server-Man: Oh, no no, Madam. Why come to a place such as this and use your dining plan for a silly salad. Try something different. Something Italian. You don’t have to be cheap. You’re already on the dining plan. Surely there is something else you’d prefer.

Now typically, this would have caused sparks to shoot out of my eyes…and my mouth. They would have had to cover the ears of the wee ones sitting at the tables right (and I mean RIGHT) next to us. But, All-Wise-Server-Man had a point. Besides, TEEBEE and I had been having a hard time deciding between three different appetizers. So:

Me: Well, although something with lettuce in it sounds good to me, I was wanting to try the calamari. So, I’ll go with that.

All-Wise-Server-Man: Much better.

My husband was glad when the guy finished taking our order and left. He looked as if he had just dodged a bullet. He knows what a pistol I can become when someone is patronizing to me. I think he was afraid I was about to embarrass him in public…. Again. Having kids must have mellowed me in a lot of ways. For whatever reason, this guy just gave me a chuckle.

The calamari and sauce were EXCELLENT! I’m glad that I ordered it. For an entrée I had the dish they’re known for: Le Originali Fettuccine all'Alfredo. I’m glad I tried it, but I won’t be ordering it again. I never could get adjusted to the taste of it. And I won’t tell you what TEEBEE said when he tried it. Let’s just leave it at, “he wasn’t a fan.” We both had the chocolate mousse for dessert but we shared TEEBEE’s and took mine to-go.

Time to walk off all of that food! So we continued around the World Showcase in the direction of Mexico. Here’s a cute topiary display we saw on our way:

Can anyone guess WHY I’m headed to Mexico? I’m sure it’s for the same reason that many of you head that direction.

MARGARITAS!

Now naps may make me a bit nicer, but a margarita will make me fun to be around (or at least funny to watch). Notice that I said “a.” Seriously, that’s all it takes. I don't drink very often. So, one margarita and I’m very tipsy. Once it kicks in, I have difficulty walking a straight line, much to the aggravation (and amusement) of my husband. So I stand in line behind about six other people and wait to get my margarita….with salt. TEEBEE passes on the alcohol. He knows from past experience that he’ll probably be having to keep me in check and navigate us back to the hotel later.

We decide to go do some shopping for the girls at Mouse Gear. It’s a really fun store. One of my favorites, even when I’m sober. We find a few shirts for the girls, and a few for my parents and I only giggled a little bit….until we stood in line to check out. Some of you have been tortured by this picture already. For some, this will be your first exposure to it. Consider yourselves warned. The picture looked clear to me but I had had a margarita. In the blur, you will notice a little boy with his mother. They are standing in front of us and blocking our view of this site at first. And then they moved:

"The Picture" was deemed too risqué to post on the Trip Reports board by the TR moderators so it has been removed...but just imagine a girl in a pink shirt and pink skirt and somewhere around the hip line she has the upper part of her blue thong showing along with it's straps...and you'll get the idea...

I wasn’t going to snap that picture (and TEEBEE was adamant that I didn’t) until the young lady reached behind her and MADE SURE that her blue undergarment was showing for the world to see. At first when she reached back there I thought she was going to pull her shirt down or her skirt up over it. WRONG! She moved the shirt up and the skirt down even more. So I snapped a quick photo. The mom in front of us sent her son off to find his father shortly after the girl adjusted her blue undergarment…thank goodness.

After we checked out I wanted to head back to Mexico for another margarita since Blue-Thong-Girl had pretty much sobered me up. But, Illuminations was starting and we decided to watch some of it and then head back to BWVs. It’s hard for us to watch Illuminations without our oldest daughter now. We took both of the girls to WDW back in November of 2005 (along with MY parents) and stayed at BCV. Our oldest LOVED going over to see the Illuminations fireworks every night. So this show makes us kind of sad when she’s not around.

Day one has finally come to a close.

And a tally: # of calls home to check on the girls--4
# of indecent outfits 2-- (I’m counting the belly dancer in this)
# of margaritas--only 1 (darn it!)

Places we've stayed (17 trips and counting): DTD Villas(1984); CR(1991); GF(2000); WL/VWL(2001, 2002, 2009); BCV(2005, 2011, 2012); BWV(2006--3x, 2007); BLT(2010); AKV(2013--2x), MARRIED and HONEYMOONED at the BWI (1999)

Last edited by J and R's mom; 07-15-2006 at 02:11 PM. Reason: To explain why the mods took out my picture...
Old 07-13-2006, 01:52 PM   #26
roberrl187
Avid Lurker

I'm hooked. Great report.

Old 07-13-2006, 01:57 PM   #27
BeckWhy
The Tag Fairy prefers to remain an enigma ;)

I can't believe you are counting the belly dancer as indecent. At least they look good dressed like that.

That girl though, the skirt.... th.... I'm not gonna say it. Maybe WDW needs their own fashion police!
September 2012 - 1st Trip to Disneyland!|November 2009 - Solo Trip at POP|November 2008 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|September 2006 - POP with my ex-boyfriend|January 2004 - POP with my older sister|March 2002 - ASMo with the Frewsburg cheerleaders (first time on site!)|April 1999 - Off Site with the family|April 1998 - Off Site with the family USF only trip|July 1997 - Off Site with the family|July 1994 - Off Site with the family|January 1987 - Off Site with the family|April 1984 - Off Site with the family|June 1983 - Off Site with the family
Old 07-13-2006, 02:21 PM   #28
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

thank goodness I don't own a pink skirt!
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
Old 07-13-2006, 02:57 PM   #29
missmun52
DIS Veteran

some people have no class and certianly no shame!
Old 07-13-2006, 03:02 PM   #30
J and R's mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckWhy
I can't believe you are counting the belly dancer as indecent. At least they look good dressed like that.

That girl though, the skirt.... th.... I'm not gonna say it. Maybe WDW needs their own fashion police!
LOL...I'm only counting her as indecent because my husband liked her performance too much....not because she was indecent... The other one...well...she earned the title all on her own!

And to ALL who have taken the time to post and say encouraging things: I THANK YOU ALL! I means ALOT to me.

And to those who are reading this, thanks for taking the time to share in our trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: