Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2006, 03:53 PM   #1
plgrn
DIS Veteran

Stitch's Birthday Adventure Part 1,2,3...

Since it was Stitch's birthday, we let him decide which resort to stay at. He chose Coronado Springs Resort, and we wound up in Casitas two. I think the theming in this section was our favorite over the Ranchos and Cabanas. The courtyards and fountains really "made" the old world latin flavor come alive.

We were a very short walk from bus stop #2, so the golf carts weren't neccesary thankfully. The bus service seemed pretty efficient at CS compared to AKL and BWV.

The bus to the Magic Kingdom was pretty crowded, so Stich was a gentleman and gave up his seat.

Finally we arrived at the Magic Kingdom! Stitch was so excited he almost got us into trouble by skipping bag inspection. We calmed him down enough to get through ticketing, and we were in!

Of course, since it was Stitch's birthday trip, we let him choose which ride to go on first, and he went with Aladdin's carpet ride. We protected him from the spitting camel, so his fur wouldn't get messed up.

Soon, it was time for lunch at Tony's and the 3:00 parade! Stitch doesn't remember what he ate, but he did have a virgin strawberry daquiri in a Lady and the Tramp collector's glass. He also made some friends!

After our late check-in and whirlwind of activity Stitch was exhausted! We decided to send him back to CS for some pool time, but on the way out there was a little trouble!

A friendly cast member was able to rescue Stitch from Maleficent's evil clutches, and Stitch was glad to soak up some R&R by the pool!

With the birthday boy out of the way, it was time for the mother/daughter duo to soak up some fun!

Last edited by plgrn; 09-25-2006 at 09:28 PM.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:55 AM   #2
plgrn
DIS Veteran

We started off by checking our our favorite 3-D show of all...DONALD's *ahem* Philharmagic. Since we were in Fantasyland, something possesed us to torture ourselves by riding the teacups. Something about "old times sake" I think the teacup rides will remain "in old time" from now on especially if the mother part of this duo has anything to say about it!
At this point we decided to go back to CS, explore, rest, and check on Stitch before heading back into the MK for Wishes. Stitch however, was all rested up and ready to go after his poolside recharge, so we wound up going back a little earlier than planned. This was the perfect opportunity to stop by the hat shop on Main Street (can't remember the name of it) and get some personalized Mickey ears that we'd been wanting for a while.

Stitch decided he was hungry so it was a good thing we had reservations at the Liberty Tree Tavern! For those who haven't eaten there, instead of calling our your name in a normal fashion, or giving you a buzzer to let you know your table is ready, the cast members shout " Hear ye, hear ye, the (your last name) family is now being seated! After hearing this at least 10 times,the daughter part of this duo (me ) got a little impatient waiting for our table, so she shouted "Hear ye, hear ye, the (our last name) family is getting hungry! The cast members thought that was a riot, but I don't think it got us seated any faster.

Doesn't Minnie look beautiful in her period costume?

After our dining experience, we decided to wait in the eternal line for Dumbo again "for old times sake." This nostalgic venture was incredible! At first we were skeptical and wondering why on earth we were waiting in the long line, especially after we boarded the ride and sat GROUNDED for nearly 15 minutes. But lo and behold, as soon as our elephants took flight, the Wishes fireworks began! It was so neat to be flying in our elephant with the fireworks all around us. I swear it looked like something off a Disney commercial. Here's Mom trying to strike a magical Disney commercial-worthy pose in honor of the occasion.

Sadly, it was time to leave the Magic Kingdom. Stitch needed his rest for touring Animal Kingdom the next day! He could hardly sleep though because he was so excited about riding Everest for the first time.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2006, 02:06 PM   #3
MassMom94
DIS Veteran

Fabulous TR so far! Can't wait to read more.
1972 - Day trip to Magic Kingdom on family car trip from Michigan to Miami l 2003 - Wilderness Lodge l 2006 - Wilderness Lodge & HRH l 2007 - Wilderness Lodge & HRH l 2008 - HRH l 2009 - Beach Club l 2010 - Grand Californian l 2010 - POR for Princess Half Marathon l 2011 - Polynesian l 2012 - Polynesian & HRH l 2013 - POR l 2013 - Disneyland Hotel
DH Me DD21 DS15
Old 09-02-2006, 07:17 PM   #4
plgrn
DIS Veteran

Thanks! This was such a fun trip!
Old 09-25-2006, 09:25 PM   #5
plgrn
DIS Veteran

Animal Kingdom

Of course we made a beeline for Expedition Everest as soon as the gates opened. We were rewarded for our mad dash by being able to walk right on the ride with no line.

The Yeti was no match for Stitch's outer space strength, so if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!

Am I the only one who has noticed that the Yeti stuff in the EE gift shop doesn't look much like the Yeti on the ride? Oh well, no biggie. We loved Everest! Immediatlely after going through the gift shop we were sure to get a fast pass in order to ride again later that day.

We took our time enjoying the scenery around the park, and didn't spend too much time in Dino-Land since we had just about had enough of it on our previous trip. It was so calming to take our time and explore the Maharajah Jungle Trek, Pangani Forest, and the Oasis.

Flights of Wonder was incredible and since we had been to the show before, we hoped they would do the dollar bill trick again. I had a bill in my hand waiting the entire show for the moment that the trainer asked for a volunteer. Since I was the first one to have a dollar bill out the African Raven flew onto my arm (leaving a couple little scratches) to "fetch" the bill for the trainer. He then brought it back to me of course.

For lunch, we had BBQ pork sandwiches at Flame Tree BBQ. I absolutely love the outdoor eating area here! It's so peaceful, shady, and relaxing. I know I shouldn't have fed the ducks my sandwich bun, but Stitch made me do it!
After catching The Festival of the Lion King and the Jammin' Jungle parade, it was time to call it a day for the Animal Kingdom.

Up next.... spa services at CSR.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: