Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2006, 12:01 PM   #1
princessvacg
Mouseketeer

Just back from CSR, Not too pleased!!

Let me first start by saying it was a great trip!! 9 nights at the CSR!. Pros First night had to stay in a suite. Then we moved to 2 rooms. Two rooms, 8601 and 8602 in the Cabanas section. Excellent location right by bus stop 4 and the Digsite. The Bus service was great! Never a long wait. The digsite was also a great pool. We spend a lot of time at the pool and this was a great one. Loved the waterslide. The resort was beautiful and HUGE! We were able to see the shuttle launch, along with hundreds of other CSR guests. Best 4th of July fireworks I could have asked for, expecially being from Chicago. And of course, while checking in at night, we met Lou Forignough, not sure how to spell his name, the original Hulk. He looked unbelieveable. HUGE! I could not believe it when they said he was in his 60's. My 2 DD were talking to him and my oldest, told him it was here 21st birthday, so he gave her a kiss on the cheek. He was there for the Hearing Impared Convention. All of the kids had a great time, which was the best part of the vacation.

Cons- Peppermarket. What a joke, if you want to eat there be prepared to wait in line for a minimum 1 hour. There was one time the host said it was a 3 hour wait. NEVER could get a site down at Maya Grill. It was always packed. Plus we were on the dining plan and they seem to have problems at PM putting it into the computer correctly. Had to go to guest services 3 times to have them fix our card because they would double charge us for things. Then the final blow was when we were short of 1 counter service and the girl ringing me up said she was going to use a table service. I told her no, I would pay for the 1 counter service. Then she told me she could not, she had to use the table service. She actually started yelling at me! She did not speak a lot of english and did not understand me. We had to get a manager, who said I had plenty counter service left and rang everything correctly. He profusely apologized! The PM was always in complete chaos! Then there were the room key problems. Every couple of days, they would have to issue new cards to everyone, because they would all of a sudden just not work. Park entry, meals and doors. It was really wierd. They did not know why either. Unfortunately we were far from el centro so it was a long walk for coffee. Coffee in the rooms was horrible.

I have to say that there was not the Disney Magic that we were use too. The staff was not that great at all. Except for the bell hops and the maids. They were great! Busiest it has ever been in the last 5 years. It seemed as though you had to wait to get into a line to wait!

Pirates was GREAT! They changed the ride quite a bit! Captain Jack was in the ride 3 times and he looked so lifelike. If was hard to fastpass any of the big rides. If you were not in the park early, they were not any fastpasses available. We got to epcot at 2:00 one day and could not fastpass Soarin.

Typoon Lagoon was great as always. Another staff problem, one of the stands had employees who just did not want to work, they litterally stood around and played with the lemonade dispenser instead of waiting on customers. I was in line and just left, but some guy in back of me starting yelling and slamming his hand on the counter. Everyone started clapping. They they decided to wait on everyone however, they "forgot to make the doughnuts." (it was a doughnut and lemonade stand)

Anyway, home now.

princessvacg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 12:05 PM   #2
MagneticxBoy
Mouseketeer

Glad you had a great vacation!.. I will be on free dining when I go I'm wondering if I even want to full with using counter service credits at the pepper market.. It wasnt like that anywhere else during your stay was it?

Before 2001 (16 trips) with family -----------
All Star Music, Fort Wilderness Campground(x2), Carribean Beach Resort (x2), Port Orleans, Dixie Landings(x5), Old Key West, Contempoary Resort, Beach Club (x3)
MagneticxBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2006, 12:21 PM   #3
princessvacg
Mouseketeer

No, except for Alfredo's in Italy, double charged us for 4 sit down services. Guest services fixed this for us. Meal plan was unbelievable. TOO MUCH FOOD. But well worth it. My mother in law is a travel agent. She booked our trip and added this for us. It really was great!

Old 07-09-2006, 01:02 PM   #4
Mariašoš
Mouseketeer

Welcome home! I'm glad you had a wonderful vacation! My hubby and I have the dining plan with our upcoming vacation and I have a question. How did you all use your dining plan on a day to day basis? Like...did you use your snack credits to get quick breakfast...donut, pastry type thing and then CS for lunch and TS for dinners each day? I've made all our ADR's for TS each day of our stay. So, those are used up. Now I'm trying to figure out how to use our CS and snack each day. CS for breakfast and TS for dinners and not worry so much over lunch and just get a snack for between the meals? What worked best for you all?
Mariašoš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:11 PM   #5
ufgator
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your report. Sorry you had problems at CSR. I had a good experience the first time we stayed there and a terrible experience the second time. I don't like the Pepper Market either.
Me DH DS#1 DS#2 DS#3 DD Dog

Visit I Love Teddies
Your largest teddy and real bear resource, including reviews and pictures of Disney Teddy Bear and Doll Weekends

Recent trips: The Fort 2013 ~ Poly 2012 ~ GF 2011 ~ Stayed at AKL, BC, BWI, CBR, CSR, CR, Ft. Wilderness Cabins & Campgrounds, GF, Poly, POFQ, POR, WL and YC. Visited Disneyland CA and Disneyland Paris.
ufgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #6
4greatboys
I will be proud to wear my lime green ribbon and will be on the lookout for others
I have 4 boys-fortunately for me the 2 littles smell pretty good ;-)
YaYa Sister

Sorry you guys had such a bad experience at Pepper Market.

We must go at off time because I dont think I have ever had a wait there to eat. We eat there pretty much every tip, ours older sons really like it.One son loves the steak there and the other loves the quesadillas.

Last time we were there my 6 yr old hurt his ear on the back pointy part of the chair and they were great. The manager helped us out and called 911 so they could check it out and tell us if it looked like an ER visit or not. Then they drove us back to the resort we were staying at OKW.

4greatboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:29 PM   #7
Fast Pass
DIS Veteran

Sorry about Pepper Market. We had problems with the restaurant last year with being told we had more credits than we had by the front desk then finding out the hard way we didn't have the proper amount of credits. We confronted the manager and said there was nothing he could do and he walked away.We didn't expect him to do anything but wanted to alert him to the fact that one of the clerks was not giving out proper information. He acted like we were asking him to give blood. He was snooty,rude and very uncaring.

I love the hotel but because of the lack of service and the care less attitude we received we have decided not to return to the hotel.

I agree the maids and bell service are terrific. If only they could find decent management.
Fast Pass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:39 PM   #8
princessvacg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariašoš
Welcome home! I'm glad you had a wonderful vacation! My hubby and I have the dining plan with our upcoming vacation and I have a question. How did you all use your dining plan on a day to day basis? Like...did you use your snack credits to get quick breakfast...donut, pastry type thing and then CS for lunch and TS for dinners each day? I've made all our ADR's for TS each day of our stay. So, those are used up. Now I'm trying to figure out how to use our CS and snack each day. CS for breakfast and TS for dinners and not worry so much over lunch and just get a snack for between the meals? What worked best for you all?
We really did not change our habits for the plan. Basically, if we ate somewhere and the plan covered it, we would use it, if not we paid cash. We did plan our dinners, though. I really hated having to run my vacation around Priority seatings. You do not always know what is going on at the parks until you get there. We tried to do it around the Magic hours nights, unfortunately, disney had the wrong nights on their site for a short time. Of course when I was looking.

Old 07-09-2006, 02:36 PM   #9
welovedis
My body is under new management!!

DH attended the convention where Lou Ferrigno make his speech (Hearing Loss Association of America), he has quite a hearing loss and relies on hearing aids immensely. DH got to have his pic taken with Lou, and was thrilled to meet him there!

We stayed at SSR, but we did visit CSR one night to have dinner at the Maya Grill and I was astonished to see how packed the PMarket was. I've never seen it that busy before and we had stayed there a few years ago in July. There were a number of large conventions taking place including the HLAA convention, the Karate U.S. Open and a number of others as well.

So sorry your trip did not turn out as well as you anticipated.
7/03 Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
1/04 Disney's BoardWalk Villas
1/06 Disney's BoardWalk Villas
6/06 Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort
9/06 Disney's Grand Floridian Resort
12/06 Disney's Beach Club Villas
welovedis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:13 PM   #10
MandaPerry
Mouseketeer

Sorry you had problems at the Pepper Market. Honestly in all the times we stayed at CSR (free dining or just the dining plan) we never had a problem and we never had a wait. Must be awful busy at the World. Glad you enjoyed your vacation.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:18 PM   #11
ktink
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
My DH thinks I'm crazy because I love The Iron Chef!
Just call me Chum!
I'd put down an ice cream cone for Keith Urban

I'm sorry you had a bad experience w/ the Pepper Mkt. We travel in early September so the resorts are less crowded during our stays. While we didn't have a problem w/ service at Pepper Mkt, DH just didn't care for the food. We really love CSR.

Pop Century ~ September 2004
Coronado Springs Resort ~ September 2005 / Free Dining

ktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:18 PM   #12
JennyMominRI
Live from Red Sox Nation
We may get lucky

Is it always this busy at Pepper Market?.I'm going there Aug 16th-18th and I hope the wait won't be as long.
JennyMominRI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 04:26 PM   #13
CarolA

Hasn't been overlooked by the Tag Fairy

Well, be prepared to be slammed but your experiences with the staff at CSR equal mine (and I got called a problem guest for expecting my room not to have another guest in it and for expecting power in the room, Guess that is unreasonable! )

I will stay there again, but it's my last choice on the moderate list and I go in knowing that it probably will have "issues" LOL!
Old 07-09-2006, 04:30 PM   #14
jwfla422
DIS Veteran/Philly Native

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessvacg
Cons- Peppermarket. What a joke, if you want to eat there be prepared to wait in line for a minimum 1 hour. There was one time the host said it was a 3 hour wait. NEVER could get a site down at Maya Grill. It was always packed. Plus we were on the dining plan and they seem to have problems at PM putting it into the computer correctly. Had to go to guest services 3 times to have them fix our card because they would double charge us for things. Then the final blow was when we were short of 1 counter service and the girl ringing me up said she was going to use a table service. I told her no, I would pay for the 1 counter service. Then she told me she could not, she had to use the table service. She actually started yelling at me! She did not speak a lot of english and did not understand me. We had to get a manager, who said I had plenty counter service left and rang everything correctly. He profusely apologized! The PM was always in complete chaos!
Sorry to hear about your experiences with PM, but we had visited there for a VERY late lunch (around 3-3:30) in early May and were also quite displeased with the WHOLE set up. We were there years ago when it first opened and I don't remember it being so terrible that way. They really need to rethink the ordering procedure as it is so unproductive. We also ended up having to get a manager in our situation. Although we did enjoy the food I would not go back there because of our experience. I'd rather spend all that time and even the $$ on a TS place.

We also noticed that the registration area was packed-a swarm of conventioneers overpowered us as we walked near the check in area. I would have hated to be checking in then. Tons of convention people (and posters here pick on "other" resorts about that)--never had to stand in line with the many conventioneers at the S/D which is known for their conventions. (maybe they're better experienced dealing with it).

We did not notice any semi-friendly CMs and I really couldn't tell this was a "Disney" resort except for the Disney character coloring pages they had in the check-in area.

We went there for lunch to consider staying there on a future trip but honestly after just experiencing the above it's off my list. Sorry, for those who love this resort, but our "visit" was totally unimpressive.
Old 07-09-2006, 04:30 PM   #15
Pea-n-Me
Survivor
Call me crazy but I prefer the single bath
Nothing beats the Magic of a Disney Resort!
Will DIS from the Potty
Alice, how's it hanging?

I'm sorry but I had to chuckle at your post. We were the first to use the Dining Plan at the Pepper Market back in January 05, and the manager also had to come to ring our meals in that day too. Guess things haven't changed too much since then, LOL.

With that said, sorry you had such a long wait. We love the Pepper Market and look forward to eating there in October. Maybe it was just an especially busy week?

Post your best iPhone/smartphone pictures here!

All Star Music 2001/Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge 2002/Contemporary 2003/Disney Wonder 2003/Yacht Club and Disney Wonder 2004/Pop Century 2005/Dolphin and Pop Century MNSSHP 2005/Disney Magic and Pop Century 2006/Coronado Springs MNSSHP 2006/Dolphin and Disney Wonder 2007/Port Orleans Riverside 2008/Caribbean Beach 2009/Dolphin and Animal Kingdom Lodge Concierge 2011/Grand Floridian and Dolphin, MNSSHP 2013
Pea-n-Me is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: