DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2006, 07:59 AM   #46
SimbaNoodle
Welcome home? It's like I never left.

Greetings from Mobile. It's great to see so many members from Alabama.

SimbaN.

SimbaNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:55 PM   #47
photobob
DIS Veteran

tadamom,

Yes, we love mellow mushroom. Oxford keeps growing, we just had a grand opening at the new "open air" with Target and Home Depot. We used to have to go to Bham or Douglasville to get to a Target or Old Navy. I told my wife yesterday that we may now only have to take extended drives to WDW!
photobob is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2006, 05:19 PM   #48
RealMickey
I Lurk the DIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'sApprentice
When are you planning on going back? We will be @ HHI thanksgiving and are going home to BWV in April.
We are doing a cruisein Dec (not on points), and staying at VWL before the cruise. Just made ressies foir HHI in Feb.

Canman......more Montgomery DVCers, great!
RealMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:50 AM   #49
'Countingmom
Planning my Life on Spreadsheets!

Greetings from the Shoals... I almost did a double take with all the Florence references.... although not a native to the Shoals, I have made Florence my home for the last 5 years... love living here (with the exception that it's too far from WDW)

Have lived in TN, GA, MS and 3 areas of Alabama... easy to guess which is my favorite...

Just to make you folks miss home a little more.... it's "Handy Week".. kicked it off this past weekend with lots of great music...

WAR EAGLE!!

Me DH DD (14) DS (7)

POP Century-April 2005 CARIBBEAN BEACH-November 2006 Pop Century-June 2007 Boardwalk Villas-April 2008 Bay Lake Tower-Nov 2009 Bay Lake Tower-May 2010Wilderness Lodge Villas-July 2011
'Countingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:23 PM   #50
tadamom
DIS Veteran

Greetings 'Countingmom!!! What part do you live in?

Funny thing...I lived in Florence for nearly 30 years and I don't think I have ever attended anything during "Handy Week". I know all about W.C. Handy and all but I have never gotten into it. I used to work in the heart of downtown at Rogers Department Store and when they would block off the Court Street for the festival I could hear all the music I wanted from 10 - 6 so I got my fix of it. But, I do hope that you are enjoying yourself.
October 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort with the whole fam! October 2010 - All Star Movies --1st family trip with just the 4 of us!!! Awesome!
September 2012 - All Star Sports w/the whole family! B'day trip for Michael!

tadamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:37 PM   #51
coachjoe92
Disney Pilot

Hey Photobob...

Another Oxford, Alabama resident here. JSU '83, so we were probably at a lot of the same ballgames.
coachjoe92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 09:29 PM   #52
'Countingmom
Planning my Life on Spreadsheets!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadamom
Greetings 'Countingmom!!! What part do you live in?

Funny thing...I lived in Florence for nearly 30 years and I don't think I have ever attended anything during "Handy Week". I know all about W.C. Handy and all but I have never gotten into it. I used to work in the heart of downtown at Rogers Department Store and when they would block off the Court Street for the festival I could hear all the music I wanted from 10 - 6 so I got my fix of it. But, I do hope that you are enjoying yourself.

We live in Kendale Gardens (near Shoals Creek). Unfortunately, I don't have the energy to get out and enjoy the festivities of Handy Week during week nights... kids, work, etc. However, there was a 'concert' on the Lake Sunday evening that was very nice. Took the boat, dropped an anchor & cooked some burgers while the sun went down. Sure made Monday morning tough though!

Me DH DD (14) DS (7)

POP Century-April 2005 CARIBBEAN BEACH-November 2006 Pop Century-June 2007 Boardwalk Villas-April 2008 Bay Lake Tower-Nov 2009 Bay Lake Tower-May 2010Wilderness Lodge Villas-July 2011
'Countingmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:54 PM   #53
dizhoni
Mouseketeer

Hi everybody! We live in Pelham, just moved here from Montgomery in March.

We bought OKW in January 2005---have enjoyed 2 trips so far, including our

50th Anniversary trip just last week. We took kids and grandkids, total 18!

Had a wonderful time---we always drive. We support both schools, I'm sure

you all understand. So happy to meet you all. Honi
dizhoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:58 PM   #54
Sammie
DIS Veteran

I hope you nice Alabama DVCers will let me ask a related but somewhat off topic question.

Do any of you live in Dothan, or know a nice place there to spend the night or between there and Montgomery. Clean and safe are the priorities.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:02 PM   #55
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

O.K., did you have to mention it was Handy week in Florence. That's not fair! Don't make me come up there! I will you know!

I guess until Mickey's Apprentice changes his mind about LOVING Montgomery, I will be stuck here. I've even tried to bribe him with a house on the river. (I doubt we could afford it, but I've tried.) Its hard to appreciate what you've never had, I guess.

Its so great to hear from people that love DVC and the Shoals. At least you guys can be my DVC neighbors!

From Mrs. Mickey's Apprentice
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT 40th B-day Trip Report
Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 07:16 PM   #56
Mickey'sApprentice
DIS Veteran

Troy Alabama is about half way between Montgomery and Dothan. Ozark/Ft. Rucker is a little closer to Dothan than to Montgomery. There are some hotels there because of the army base. I don't know how any of them are.

There is an almost new Hilton Garden Inn on I-85 Exit 4 in Montgomery that looks absolutely fabulous. I think you would be very happy with that hotel or the other hotel that moved next to it. (Homewood Suites, maybe??)

Anyway, to get to either of these...

Take I65 to I85 N. Exit on Perry Hill Road (Exit 4). Turn left going back over the interstate. You'll be on Perry Hill Road. You will see a Chevron station on your left. A few hundred feet after the Chevron on the left, is the entrance to Interstate Park on your right. These really nice hotels are easily found from Interstate Park.

When you leave...

Exit Interstate Park, turn left. Go back over the interstate and stay on Perry Hill Road. You will pass a shopping center with a Bruno's grocery store. You will see a VERY LARGE church straight ahead. It will look like you are going to hit the large church. Take a left at the intersection just before the huge church. This is Vaughn Road. Take Vaughn Road until you reach the Eastern Blvd. (If you pass Popeye's chicken you've gone too far.) Take the Eastern Blvd. to the Troy Hwy also known as U.S. 231. This road will take you to I-10.

The hotel is just a couple of miles at the most from 231.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT 40th B-day Trip Report
Old 07-27-2006, 09:17 AM   #57
Kewz1
DIS Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'sApprentice
. We will be @ HHI thanksgiving and are going home to BWV in April.
I just noticed that we'll be at HH at the same time!

Kristen
Disney 5K:2003
DCL:2000, 2008, 2011, 2013, 2014
Kewz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 01:42 PM   #58
Simba's Mom
everything went to "H*** in a handbasket
Keep me off the high horses!
Suffers from theme park dyslexia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewz1
I just noticed that we'll be at HH at the same time!

Kristen
And us too! First time we'll have spent Thanksgiving at HHI!
Old 07-27-2006, 05:58 PM   #59
Mickey'sApprentice
DIS Veteran

Hey Kewz1 & Simba's Mom!

We will be spending Thanksgiving with my Mom in Douglasville, GA, and will be driving to HHI that Friday. We will be staying for 3 nights and leaving on Monday.

We've not been to HHI before, and hope to see Charleston and/or Savannah.

Since we were going to Atlanta anyway, and could use points at HHI, it was just too good to pass up.

Let me know if you guys want to meet up for Campfire Smores or something at HHI. Me and Mrs. Mickey's Apprentice are both really looking forward to our first DVC trip.
Old 07-30-2006, 12:09 PM   #60
RealMickey
I Lurk the DIS

Alright Alabama DVCers, where do you own your points?

We own at BCV.
RealMickey is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: