DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2006, 10:13 PM   #31
RealMickey
I Lurk the DIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat
I would rather be at WDW than any football game.
I Absolutely Agree spiceycat! I'm not much of a football fan myself, which is funny because I attend several UA and AU games every season. Like you said I rather be at WDW!
RealMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:19 PM   #32
JulieWent
DIS Veteran

Hey, Y'all! We are, of course, Auburn people. (But we like other people, too! )

Our DVC home is BWV. (Our next trip, though, will be a visit to VWL. Hope it's not too quiet over there!)

Julie
JulieWent is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2006, 10:55 PM   #33
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

Here's a question from Mrs. Mickey's Apprentice:

So, do you mostly fly or drive?

DH (Mickey's Apprentice) would really like to fly but Montgomery doesn't have a direct flight. It seems like a layover in Atlanta or the drive to Birmingham makes it not worth the money to fly.

A big Hello to the folks in Florence. I grew up as one of the weekend invaders to The Shoals from podunk (small surrounding towns), and still consider the UNA campus my second home. GO LIONS!!

Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:01 AM   #34
BkrsLoveDis!
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamagirl@hrt
I'm still a 'Bama girl at heart! I spent 4 years in Huntsville where I graduated from UAH.
Whoa! I got my first degree from UAH too! I'll be a student at Bama starting in the fall for my graduate work but my blood runs orange and blue - I live life on the edge!

Nice to see so many Alabamians showing up here on the Dis!

*Philippians 4:13 (NIV) - I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
*I miss you DH - may your angels wings fly you through Heaven and over Disney World as often as your heart desires. In memory of Brent.
*1976 (CR), 1980 (CR), 1998 (GF), 2005 (SSR), 2006 (VWL), 2007 (OKW x2), 2009 (POR), 2012 (ASMu), 2014 (CR)
BkrsLoveDis! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:02 AM   #35
HUFF590
DIS Veteran

Well we always drive. We leave Bham at 8:30 pm drive to Tallahasee rest and take our time on in getting there around 9am or so.
2054 last trip
HUFF590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:53 AM   #36
Kewz1
DIS Veteran

Wow!

I didn't know I had so many DVC neighbors!

Although we are actually FL residents (military family) we reside in Huntsville.

Nice to meet all of you!

Oh, and we're Kansas State fans!!

Kristen

P.S. Simba's Mom -- I sent you a PM with a link about Huntsville.
Disney 5K:2003
DCL:2000 (Wonder/Bahamas), 2008 (Magic/W. Caribbean), 2011 (Dream/Bahamas), 2013 (Magic/EB Transatlantic), 2014 (Dream/Mexico)... and now May 2015 (Dream/Bahamas)!

Kewz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:56 AM   #37
Kewz1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'sApprentice
Here's a question from Mrs. Mickey's Apprentice:

So, do you mostly fly or drive?
:
We usually drive. Here's the kicker: we drive NORTH to Chattanooga and then head south through Atlanta. Yep. It's quicker. Go figure.

Kristen
Disney 5K:2003
DCL:2000 (Wonder/Bahamas), 2008 (Magic/W. Caribbean), 2011 (Dream/Bahamas), 2013 (Magic/EB Transatlantic), 2014 (Dream/Mexico)... and now May 2015 (Dream/Bahamas)!

Kewz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:31 PM   #38
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

I like to drive - can do in 9 to 12 hours...

but this time I am flying... couldn't exist the $49 tickets on SW....

I like to drive at night - so I leave here between 3 and 4 am (central time)- and arrive there between 3 pm and 5 pm (eastern time). I try to get there at 4pm - check in time.....

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:06 AM   #39
BkrsLoveDis!
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceycat
I like to drive at night - so I leave here between 3 and 4 am (central time)- and arrive there between 3 pm and 5 pm (eastern time). I try to get there at 4pm - check in time.....
I don't necessarily like to drive at night but we left about 4am this last trip and with all of the stops that we had to make for the young ones, we got to WDW about 7pm and it wasn't too bad - we'll most likely repeat this as I hated the previous trip where we drove the trip in two days - blech - made it seem like forever until we got to WDW!!!!

*Philippians 4:13 (NIV) - I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
*I miss you DH - may your angels wings fly you through Heaven and over Disney World as often as your heart desires. In memory of Brent.
*1976 (CR), 1980 (CR), 1998 (GF), 2005 (SSR), 2006 (VWL), 2007 (OKW x2), 2009 (POR), 2012 (ASMu), 2014 (CR)
BkrsLoveDis! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:28 AM   #40
photobob
DIS Veteran

Tadamom and Mickey's Apprentice:

I'm originally from Bham now live in Oxford, but graduated from UNA in 1985. I miss bbq sandwiches from Southern BBQ with the hot slaw on them, sandwiches and ice cream from Trowbridges and steaks from Dale's Steak House..
photobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:10 PM   #41
tadamom
DIS Veteran

PHOTOBOB, you are gonna make me get in my car and drive home right now. I love Trowbridge's and Dale's. I used to work and Roger's Department Store (a block and 1/2 down from Trowbridge's) and when I was pregnant, my husband and I would walk down there for orange-pineapple ice cream 2-3 times a week (no wonder I gained 65 pounds with that pregnancy!!!! )!!!

I drive through Oxford about every 6 weeks when we head home to see our families, it is a great place to stop and eat for us (we love Sonny's). Have you tried The Mellow Mushroom yet? We have one here in Atlanta and love it!!

We also have some friends that live in Southside, not exactly sure how far that is from Oxford but we meet them for supper occassionally!!
June 2004 - Michael's 1st trip to Disney World -- Old Key West May 2007 - Parker's 1st trip to Disney World -- Pop Century & 4 nights @ SSR Grand Villa October 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort with the whole fam! October 2010 - All Star Movies --1st family trip with just the 4 of us!!! Awesome!
September 2012 - All Star Sports w/the whole family! B'day trip for Michael!
[COLOR="Lime"]November 2013 - Coronado Springs! B'day trip for Parker![/COLORMarch 2014 - 1 night at Pop Century for SIL's Disney wedding!

tadamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 09:10 PM   #42
RealMickey
I Lurk the DIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey'sApprentice
So, do you mostly fly or drive? DH (Mickey's Apprentice) would really like to fly but Montgomery doesn't have a direct flight. It seems like a layover in Atlanta or the drive to Birmingham makes it not worth the money to fly.
We always drive! We usually leave early in the morning...it's about an 8 hour drive (not factoring in the time change).... check-in, then head to dinner. Montgomery is not a great place for deals on airline tickets!
RealMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 10:57 PM   #43
Mickey'sApprentice
Shamelessly demand, it works better
DIS Veteran

Hey Photobob and Tadamom!

Mrs. Mickey's Apprentice Here! You guys named off some real Florence landmarks.

My favorites were Culpepper's doughnuts, and the old Court Street Cafe. Court Street was the huge college hangout in the late 80s and was sooo good. Both have sadly closed now. Of course, Court Street Cafe was a block over on Seminary Street in the old green stamp store. (You'd be surprised how great they made that building look.)
For some reason, I kind of miss Spring Park, Oneal Bridge, and McFarland Bottoms. I used to have a cassette of Alabama's "Tennessee River" that I played every time I went over Oneal Bridge. Since home was actually 45 miles south in beautiful Bear Creek, I also miss driving through THE cotton fields and getting a BBQ sandwich or footlong hotdog from the Frosty Inn in Russellville.

As for UNA, my best memory was walking close to the amphitheater and seeing the most beautiful dogwood in bloom in front of the University Center. (It was gorgeous!) Oh yeah, and the squirrels too.

I have to admit I have never eaten at Dale's. Though sacreligious I know, I really didn't see what the big deal was with Trowbridges either. I did go in Anderson's bookstore a lot when I was a kid.

Did you guys ever go to Woodall's in Decatur? They had the best BBQ way back when.
Apr '92 Off Property (Honeymoon): Dec '94, Feb '02 CR: Jan '05 WL/POR: Nov '06, Jan '09 HHI: Apr '07: First Trip "Home" to BWV: Jan '08: BWV, Mar '09: POR/BWV: Jan. '10 POR/AKV (Jambo), July '10: POFQ/BCV: Dec '10 AKV (Kidani)/POR:Sep. '11 POR/BWV, Jan '12: POP, Apr '12: POR/BWV, Jan '13: Conference/WL, Jul "13:POR. Dec '13: DOL/BLT, Jul '14: BWV 40th B-day Trip Report

Mickey'sApprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:47 PM   #44
tadamom
DIS Veteran

Hey Mickey's Apprentice!!

I too loved Culpepper's Bakery and Court Street Cafe! I am sad that they are gone now. Speaking of Spring Park, have you been there lately? It is awesome now. If you haven't beent there...they have put in a huge man made waterfall (I believe the monument says it is the largest man-made in the nation), a train that circles the perimeter of the park, a carousel and small roller coaster. My kids love to go there when we go home to see our families. My 4 year old son rides that roller coaster like 15 times in a row!!! They also do a light show w/the fountain at dark. They have really done a lot with that park.

I am not a huge fan of Trowbridge's food but they have the best orange-pineapple ice cream ever. I only go in there for the sweet treat. However, their chili dogs are pretty good.
June 2004 - Michael's 1st trip to Disney World -- Old Key West May 2007 - Parker's 1st trip to Disney World -- Pop Century & 4 nights @ SSR Grand Villa October 2009 - Saratoga Springs Resort with the whole fam! October 2010 - All Star Movies --1st family trip with just the 4 of us!!! Awesome!
September 2012 - All Star Sports w/the whole family! B'day trip for Michael!
[COLOR="Lime"]November 2013 - Coronado Springs! B'day trip for Parker![/COLORMarch 2014 - 1 night at Pop Century for SIL's Disney wedding!

tadamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:32 PM   #45
Canman
Earning My Ears

War Eagle.

I've done the trip in 7 hours flat from Montgomery. It was a straight shot with one stop for gas. That trip was quite a trophy.

DVC member since 1992.
Canman is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: