Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2007, 05:56 PM   #1
txtink17
Sticks and stones, Luv.

The Good, The Bad and The Yummy: dining reviews w/pics

The Crew:

Me:29
DH:31
DS1:13
DS2:11

Our trip was earlier this year: Feb 3-10 and so dining was not free .

Well, anyway here is the rating system:

= bad, wouldn't eat here again
= not too good, edible though
= good, will return again
= great, definitely will eat here again
= fantastic, a must-do every time!

DAY 1: POP & more POP!

So, we'll start with our first day. Since our flight was a little later than we usually fly (8 am as opposed to 6 am) we decided to just eat at the airport. Bad idea! We got to our gate and settled in and then decided to hunt down the McDonalds but it wasn't in our terminal! We had no way of getting to the other terminal without going all through security again. We had just settled on Snickers, Cheetos and Cokes when I suggested we walk a little further down. JACKPOT! I found a coffee shop with a small bakery window case in back. I got a muffin, DH got a danish, DS1 got a scone and DS2 got a giant chocolate chip cookie. It was so expensive! $14 for 4 pastries and bottled water! This is Dallas, not Disney!

We walked all the way back to our gate and sat down, ready to devour our treasures. Unfortunately, they must have been yesterday's treasure, they were hard as rocks and DS1's scone fell apart before our eyes. It was too far to walk back and seating had begun, so we choked down the stonebread and boarded. Those free flight granola bars were starting to sound better and better. Suprisingly, they didn't offer us granola bars, but instead some small shortbread cookies. "No thanks, I already had my fill of hard, tan food."

We get to MCO and are starving! Okay, we just got to get to POP and everybody will be fed and happy. I'm worried. Have you ever been around 3 hungry men? So we get to the line for Disney's Maniacal Express and wait. I can hear DH's stomach growling. Did it just call my name? I keep reassuring everybody, "It only takes about 20 minutes to get to POP. We'll eat as soon as we check-in."

Finally, we're on the bus and on the road. What's going on? An accident? Up ahead? The buses were stopped. Our bus driver and a Mears driver were fighting to get into the next lane. We were stopped for 40 minutes and the natives were getting hungry! We finally pass the wreck and see 6 firemen with shovels and a large freshly dug hump on the ground. There's also a car with a giant dent in the grill and hood. "What's going on?"

"Oh, I think I know." Usually when a motorist has hit a wild animal, the police/firemen just bury it (if it's dead). That must have been what happened.

Anyway, we get to POP, check-in and EAT! We didn't even find our room first. DH went straight to the Pasta Counter and ordered his favorite: Chicken Alfredo with Penne. I got the same, but sub'd marinara for the Alfredo, so it was more of Chicken Parmesan. DS1 got the meatball sub and DS2 got his favorite: pepperoni pizza. (Note: you will see DS2 get this about 6-7 more times before the week is over, so no flames please, he only does this at WDW). I am not a bad mother, don't call CPS on me.

Sorry, we were so hungry, we didn't think about using the camera for this meal.

We headed to Downtown Disney for the day and DS2 got a Nestle Ice Cream Cookie sandwich from one of the carts.

We got back to POP just in time for one of Mom's TV Dinners. DS2 and I each got one of the Fried Chicken TV Dinners. DS1 got a plate of penne with alfredo (no chicken) and DH got a Double Cheeseburger with fries. For dessert, DS1 got a strawberry shake and I got a Mickey Rice Krispy treat.

POP was (as usual) great! We love eating at their food court. We've never had bad service or food in the 3 times we've stayed here.
So, I'll give them:

NEXT TIME: DAY2 Main Street Bakery, Liberty Tree Tavern & Casey's Corner

Pop Century May 2005
Pop Century May 2006
Pop Century February 2007
All-Star Movies September 2008
All-Star Music December 2009
Pop Century Feb 2011

Last edited by txtink17; 09-19-2007 at 03:54 PM.
txtink17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:36 PM   #2
sandybobandy
DIS Veteran

Yummmmmm! You had me at "Nestle ice cream cookie" LOL
9/29-10/6 2007 ASMU-40% off code!
Woot woot! Last minute trip planned 9/28-10/2! Also planning to do the Disney College Program in '09!!!!!!!!

Boo! To You!
sandybobandy is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2007, 08:13 PM   #3
txtink17
Sticks and stones, Luv.

Day 2

Before, I begin reporting about the second day, let's back up a little. For some reason, after every plane ride DH gets sick. The first and second times this happened, I thought it was just a coincidence, but now I'm convinced it's the flights. First, his ears are plugged up for the rest of the day, so I have to yell for him to hear me. Then his sinuses start acting up. Well, that's what happened. He started to feel bad at DD (the previous evening) and just got worse from there.

So, after I got off the phone with Stitch telling me to "Wake Up!" I quickly told everyone to get dressed for the park. DH moaned but did not move. That's pretty normal so I didn't worry. But soon we were all ready to go and he was still in bed. After repeatedly calling his name (and loudly in case his ears were still plugged) he emerged from under the blanket with this, "I can't go anywhere, I'm sick. I can't even move, my whole body hurts."

"What! But it's our first day in the park, you can't be sick."
"Y'all go on. I'll meet up with you later." Okay, this is a joke. You can't be telling me to go to WDW without you. It's our anniversary trip. This is what I was thinking, but what I said was "Okay, I'll see you later."

So off me and the kids went to catch the bus for Magic Kingdom. We went straight to the Main Street Bakery. We had been thinking about this place for almost a year. Never having eaten here for breakfast, we were quite surprised by the length of the line. We got in the line (which extended beyond the front door) outside. I got a Krisy Kreme (that was still warm), DS1 got an apple turnover (this is huge) and DS2 ordered a chocolate chip cookie. As we were in the line, I could see the workers getting my donut and putting it on my tray. Then, just as they were bringing it to the front counter, one of the girls put a giant cookie (about 8-inches in diameter) on my tray. I thought, Oh no, I'm not paying for that thing. It's probably about $10, they must've misunderstood. I only wanted a regular cookie.

I got up to the counter to get my tray and only got out the words, "I didn't..." when the cashier said, "On behalf of Walt Disney World and The Year of a Million Dreams Dream Patrol, we'd like to present you with this giant cookie." I couldn't believe it! We had only been in the park for 10 minutes and had gotten awarded one of the dreams! DS2 was so excited! And the cookie was sooo good. It was real moist like one of the cookie cakes in the mall. We ate off of it for about 3 days.

I give Main Street Bakery: It's a must on every trip!

Here are some pics:

Pop Century May 2005
Pop Century May 2006
Pop Century Feb 2011
Old 09-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #4
jeannief
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtink17 View Post
I am not a bad mother, don't call CPS on me.

Sorry, we were so hungry, we didn't think about using the camera for this meal.
It's amazing how differently kids eat on vacation, isn't it?

Wanted to let you know that taking an allergy/sinus pill as you are getting on a flight can help TREMENDOUSLY if you get ear blockages. My DH flies alot and it used to happen all the time. Now he takes a tylenol sinus before each flight and no issues since he's been doing this.
We spent a day in Rome with him unable to hear and man, was he miserable.

love the reviews so far!
jeannief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:37 PM   #5
marivaid
My mother is a Pluto molester.

Wow, that's so cool ! 10mns in the park & you win a Dream.

Great reviews so far,can't wait for more

December 2006 ASMO & POFQ ** July 2007 Poly, BWI & Pop ** October 2007 AKL & Pop **
December 2007 ASMU, WL, BC & POFQ ** April 2008 Pop & CSR ** July 2008 Poly ** January 2009 CSR **
July 2009 CSR ** January 2010 HRH ** August 2010 CSR ** October 2010 CSR ** March 2011 CSR **
marivaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:38 PM   #6
sandybobandy
DIS Veteran

That's a ginormous cookie!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope your DH starts to feel better as the trip goes on...guess I'll just have to keep reading!
9/29-10/6 2007 ASMU-40% off code!
Woot woot! Last minute trip planned 9/28-10/2! Also planning to do the Disney College Program in '09!!!!!!!!

Boo! To You!
sandybobandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 08:38 PM   #7
txtink17
Sticks and stones, Luv.

Day 2 cont'd

We had a ADR at Liberty Tree Tavern for 1:30, so we head over to Liberty Square at about 1 pm. I see a line out the front door and down the steps, but I bypass them all because I have an ADR, only to find out that this line is for people with an ADR! So me and the boys head outside and get at the end. While we're in line, DS2 says he can hear a voice coming from my backpack. Huh! Wait a minute, it's my walkie-talkie. It's Dad! "Hey Babe, I'm here. Where are you?" Just then I see DH coming down the walkway looking for us. He made it! We start waving him down. He looks miserable. We get to the counter to check-in and DS2 tells the girl that it's our anniversary. She smiles and tells us to have a seat. We find a bench near the fireplace and in about 10 minutes they call us.

When we got to our table there was glittery confetti, spelling out a "J" and "L" with a heart in the middle. Good thing DH made it, that'd be kind of silly me sitting there alone. We had a very nice waitress that promptly took our drink and food orders. I ordered the Pilgrim's Feast: turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes with gravy. DS1 ordered the Angus Burger with bacon and provolone and a vanilla shake. DS2 ordered the kid's cheese pizza and chocolate milk. DH couldn't taste so he only ate a dinner roll and had a glass of tea.

The Pilgrim's Feast was fabulous! The turkey was moist. The stuffing was the best stuffing I've ever had in my whole life! Don't ask about the green beans, I consider them garnish. The potatoes and gravy were fantastic too. I'm forever ruined for future Thanksgivings. DS1 could only eat half his burger because it was so huge! You'd have to share this one. DS2 really liked the pizza but that's not saying much. He'll eat pizza anywhere. His pizza came on a Mickey-shaped plate with carrots and cinnamon apples. The rolls were the only thing we didn't care for, they were cold and hard. It was impossible to spread the butter on them.

I so wanted to order the shortcake dessert but was much to full. So I didn't. I talked DH into going back to the room to rest and start fresh tomorrow. Me and the kids would go on without him. We asked for a doggie-bag for him to take the Angus burger in case he ever got hungry later.

I give LTT my highest rating because I think about eating there at least once a week and more often now that Thanksgiving's on its way.

IMG]http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/TXTink/WDWFood/Day2LTT3.jpg[/IMG]

Pop Century May 2005
Pop Century May 2006
Pop Century Feb 2011
Old 09-13-2007, 09:12 PM   #8
txtink17
Sticks and stones, Luv.

Day 2 cont'd

For dinner we hit Casey's Corner, they have the best fries in all "The World"! DS1 got the 1/4 lb. beef hot dog. By the way, here at home, we've found that the Hebrew National hot dogs have the same flavor. Anyways, I got the corn dog nuggets and we both got fries with cups of cheese for dipping. We walked over to Tomorrowland and DS2 got a Turkey Leg from The Lunching Pad. DS1 wanted a pretzel filled with cream cheese. I tasted it. The cream cheese wasn't that sweet, it was okay. We were going to stay for the fireworks but I really wanted to wait for DH to be there with us, so we headed "home". I picked up a bowl of grapes and a Powerade for DH from POP (and a Rice Krispy Treat for myself). DS2 still had plenty of that giant cookie left in the room. When I got to the room, I found DH tearing into that leftover Angus Burger while watching THE SUPER BOWL! We still tease him about playing "hookie" at WDW! Looks like tomorrow will be a better day!

Casey's Corner gets:

Pop Century May 2005
Pop Century May 2006
Pop Century Feb 2011
Old 09-13-2007, 09:21 PM   #9
WDW Poly Princess
Needs a Disney Fix
Cannot, under any circumstances, say no to a glazed Krispy Kreme
Let's just hope that I never get drunk and end up with Snape tattooed on my butt

I'm not sure what this says about how refined my palate is, but I want to reach through the screen and grab that cup of cheese! YUM!

But Why is the Rum Gone? The Disneyween Trip ~*~No Day But Today- January 2007 Report

May 2000 - Poly & DCL * May 2001-WL, PO-R & ASMo * Dec 2001- PO-R, AKL, Poly, and WL * Nov 2002 -ASMu,Poly and PO-R * Dec 2004- ASMu, WL, PO-FQ, Poly, and PO-R * Dec 2005- ASMu, OKW and the Swan * Feb 2006- Pop Century * Jan 2007- ASMu, WL, AKL and BCV* Oct 2007-AS Sp,OKW, BCV, POR * Dec 2007- Gave up and moved there!

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self.
WDW Poly Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:55 PM   #10
txtink17
Sticks and stones, Luv.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Poly Princess View Post
I'm not sure what this says about how refined my palate is, but I want to reach through the screen and grab that cup of cheese! YUM!

Too funny!

Now that I look at it, I wonder if I lick the screen if I can taste the salt from the fries?

Pop Century May 2005
Pop Century May 2006
Pop Century Feb 2011
Old 09-13-2007, 10:08 PM   #11
kathie859
DIS Veteran

Good posts!!

I'm enjoying your critique of the food especially glad to hear LTT is still delivering good eats! Can't wait to read more.
kathie859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:14 PM   #12
Schucraig
Disney World is my World!

Great reviews so far! Can't wait for more!
Old 09-13-2007, 10:33 PM   #13
FirstMagic
Mouseketeer

Great reviews and pictures, thanks for sharing!

So glad you won the cookie, what a nice surprise, glad you remembered to take a picture of it to show to the DIS.

Happy Anniversary!
FirstMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 03:35 AM   #14
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Excellent, thanks for posting.
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 10:17 AM   #15
medicgirl911
Free dining here we come!!

That fried chicken from POP looked really yummy!
I liked your review of LTT for lunch, we have only done the dinner in June, but I had to make another ADR for our upcoming trip, I love that place!!!
Can't wait to hear more!
Oct 2007 @ CSR
August 26, 2009..scored a free ugrade to SSR!! Hopefully it will entice DH into buying DVC!!

[img]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/v2vuewyfc1oa13om.png[/img]
medicgirl911 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: