Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Welcome to the DIS
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2006, 10:36 PM   #1
jay413jackie
Earning My Ears

Disney Pins

Going to WDW in Aug. Want to purchase Disney Pins for trading before trip. Any help on were I can purchase them. Parks are very expensive. Have 3 Kids any help would be appreciated. I live in Mass.
jay413jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 08:37 AM   #2
Donald is #1
DIS Veteran

Ebay

Look on Ebay. Besides individual pins, many people sell groups of pins. I have seen some of the groups of pins sell for an average of $2-$3/pin. I have seen people sell pins in groups of 10, 20, 30, etc. Some of the groups are expensive but if you look, you can find some that are very reasonable.

Have fun!

Thanks Kimmar
Go Red Sox & Patriots!
Donald is #1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-03-2006, 08:42 AM   #3
JESW
We have 4 cats, 1 anole lizard, and 10, yes, 10 birds - 2 cockatiels and 8 parakeets, but still no partridge in a pear tree
It just craps me up!

I've been very lucky buying pins from the on-line Disney store when they go on sale. But I buy the Stitch ones for ds11 and he will never trade them! I have also found some at yard sales, but not enough to go out specifically for them.

I am also from MA and also going in august.

Good luckk!

Jill

Still thinking about plans for 2015....
JESW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #4
hrh_disney_queen
My DH has the hots for Stacey
Momma wuvs her little kitty-kitty, oh yes she does, oh, yes she does
I knew what he was before I touched him, just never thought they could MOVE that fast

Try here.. http://disneyshopping.go.com/DSSecti...776_PRVRV4_TXT

I bought 3 each of these for DS6, DS8, and I to trade. I don't even like them, but that makes it easier to trade them away!!!

I also keep an eye out for special promotions. Smuckers had one a little while ago, buy jam and get a special pin for $1 by mail....We use jam like crazy, so I bought a bunch so we could trade those pins, too.

"There's such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown." Michael Scott..................Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
hrh_disney_queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:17 AM   #5
handicap18
Husband, father of 3, and Disney addict
Keep the game flowin and keep the people participating

Ebay is a good place to start, just pay attention to how many pins are in the auction and what the shipping costs are going to be.

Another great place to get starter pins is mousepinsonline.com

Their pins are about $2.50 each and even less the more you buy. They have a decent selection of character pins. I haven't bought any yet, but do plan to. They have a lot of nice ones that I like.
Nikon D600 : Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8 : Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D : Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR : Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VRII AF-S: Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM : Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM : SB-900 Speedlight Flash.
handicap18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:12 PM   #6
hrh_disney_queen
My DH has the hots for Stacey
Momma wuvs her little kitty-kitty, oh yes she does, oh, yes she does
I knew what he was before I touched him, just never thought they could MOVE that fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by handicap18
Ebay is a good place to start, just pay attention to how many pins are in the auction and what the shipping costs are going to be.

Another great place to get starter pins is mousepinsonline.com

Their pins are about $2.50 each and even less the more you buy. They have a decent selection of character pins. I haven't bought any yet, but do plan to. They have a lot of nice ones that I like.
Thanks for this tip!! I just placed a substantial order with them, some keepers and a grab bag to trade-like you said about $2.50/each, and I bought a bunch of them and the shipping/handling was the same for 1 pin or the 21 that I ordered....

the thing is that they are so cheap, you can order any ones-even ones you don't like, just to have something to trade at WDW..

My boys are shy about approaching characters, so between pin trading and penny press machines, they find some things to collect. Thanks!!

"There's such a thing as good grief. Just ask Charlie Brown." Michael Scott..................Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
hrh_disney_queen is offline   Reply With Quote