Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2006, 04:01 PM   #16
Sandy22
Adopting a Princess
You'd never catch me with a 2 slicer again!
the looty booty!

Great reviews and congrats on being made indeterminate. You picked a fantastic way to celebrate!
2000 December Off-site
2001 August Ė All-Star Music
2003 December Off-site
2005 October - Pop Century (free dining!)
2006 December 4 weeks in Orlando!

2008 March - 10 days of fun in the sun...can't wait to go back!
2009 January - 3 weeks in Daytona and Orlando
Sandy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:11 PM   #17
Minniespal

The Original 'Free Spirit'
Who's Next??

Enjoying reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.
Minniespal is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2006, 06:58 PM   #18
tinkerbeth
Goin' back soon!!

Super reviews!!! I can't wait to take my daugther to the tea at the GF one day...actually first I can't wait for her to be BORN. Then i'll start planning the tea. I love the pictures. Thanks for posting.

Beth
tinkerbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 07:07 PM   #19
kimisabella
I wonder if he/she is coming on the cruise with us
Yes, I am. ;)

I didn't want to approach him as he would have thought I was some sort of weird stalker

great reporting - love the info on the mussels at Le Cellier - had the cheese selections last year, so I was looking forward to trying something different and the mussels look great!
Old 07-01-2006, 07:35 PM   #20
nascarcheshirecat
Wicked Monkish!~

okay - now i am starving!
thanks for sharing!
glad you had a wonderfull time.
nascarcheshirecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:10 PM   #21
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

love your descriptions and pictures, thanks!
MickeyNicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:34 PM   #22
heaven2dc
DIS Veteran

Enjoyed your reviews and pics - everything looks so yummy!

WDW Trips: March 1997 (BWV), February 2008 (BWV), December 2008 (BWV), Nov/Dec 2010 (BWV)

Disneyland Trips: September 1983, AP Holder July 2013 (twice), August 2013 & November 2013

All Our Dreams Come True If We Have the Courage To Pursue Them - Walt Disney
heaven2dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:47 AM   #23
averill94
DIS Veteran

Really enjoying the reviews mmmmm
Love that you got good room service too.
Thanks
Old 07-02-2006, 09:22 AM   #24
scanne
OK, I must have really small ears
It is great to get exposure
Might get a tutorial from a student

Location: NJ but I wish I lived somewhere in Florida like Cinderella's Castle!

I am really enjoying your reviews. The pizza box from room service is SO cute - so cute that I may have to order pizza from WL room service our first night in WDW! My kids would get such a kick out of that!!!

Looking forward to more.
1/92 CBR;12/96 ASMu; 6/98 CSR; 6/00 GF; 4/01 Disneyland; 6/01 Polynesian; 12/01 AK and GF; 8/03 WL; 2/04 ASMu; 10/04 WL; 7/05 Polynesian; 10/05 WL; 7/06 WL; 9/06 GF; 7/07 POP and Polynesian; 12/07 WL; 8/08 Beach Club; 6/09 Beach Club; 7/10 Portofino Bay and Polynesian; 8/11 Royal Pacific and WL; 10/11 - Animal Kingdom Lodge for MNSSHP; 7 and 8/12 Split stay at POR (Royal Guest Room) and Wilderness Lodge again ; 8/13 WL OFC!; 11/13 - Disneyland Paradise Pier; 2/2014 Wilderness Lodge/RunDisney!; 8/2014 Hard Rock Hotel/Beach Club - Stone Harbor Club/Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf for my 40th Birthday!

scanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:13 PM   #25
disneysailor
Mouseketeer

Can you tell me how you and your mom liked the shrimp pasta at LeCellier? I was thinking about ordering this on our next trip. Thank you, love your reports!
disneysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:39 PM   #26
Gina35
DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for taking the time to give all the details and pictures. Going in Aug. & have ADRs for LeCellier (went there 2 yrs. ago & loved it). The room service does look delicious. SO GREAT that you treated your mom to this trip. I have 2 daughters in their early 20s (one at a "real" job and one still in college for her master's)....would LOVE to be "treated back" for the many trips we've taken and continue to take. That would be the ultimate compliment for me, especially in Disney!! Congratulations on your promotion. The tea looks terrific, too! Oh, to wish one of my daughters will do this with me!!
Looking forward to the rest of your reviews....I know they're time-consuming, but we at home REALLY appreciate them!!
Gina35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 03:05 PM   #27
jenrose66
DIS Veteran

Thanks for taking the time to post your reviews and pictures. Everything looks tasty!
Old 07-02-2006, 08:47 PM   #28
Keyana
Mouseketeer

One word...Yummm! Thank you so much for taking the time to write these reviews. This will be our first trip to the world (although I have been to DL almost yearly). These reviews and pictures really do help!
Keyana

Yearly trips to Disneyland, 1976- 2006
1st Trip to WDW October 2006 staying in WL
May 2007, 17th Anniversary trip no kids POP-DELAYED DUE TO SURGERY
December 2007, 17th Anniversary trip, no kids CSR Thanks to Dec code

Keyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:49 PM   #29
Mom2DS
WL Veteran

Thanks so much for the reviews --- especially the pictures!!! It so helps me decide what to have on our next trip! I was showing your picture of the Le Cellier mussels app. to my DS15 -- I think he would LOVE them.

Wilderness Lodge January 2003
Wilderness Lodge August 2006 w/free dining
Mom2DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:57 PM   #30
PrincessTrisha
I know what he won't do for love.
Tootsie Pottynose - Hey I kinda like the tootsie part

Thank you for all of your kind words. It has encouraged me to actually get this done (it helps that tomorrow is a stat holiday here in Canada so itís a three day week end).

So I left off after the tea.....

Our Tea ADR had been for 3:20 p.m. and knowing that we would be hungry later, I had made an ADR at Oliviaís (at OKW) for 8:40 that night. I was not sure if we would keep it (I didnít know if we would be hungry again) but as it turned out we both decided what the heck, letís go - we have a fridge and a microwave and being at our hotel it would be easy to transport any leftovers
so we headed over.

To start with, mom got the soup of the day - loaded baked potato - which was very chunky and creamy. It had potato, bacon, and chives. I got the crab cakes after checking with the chef to ensure that there was no possibility that my momís meal would be contaminated (my mother is deathly allergic to crab - mussels just make her lips swell but crab closes her throat). He assured me that her meal would be prepared separately and there would not be any problems. I usually just donít order crab when I am with my mom (and she knows this) but she usually pushes me to get it because she feels bad that I feel bad ordering it when it means that we canít share any part
of the meal unless I get a new fork (just in case). Anyways, these were very crispy and very filling. There were large pieces of crab and not too much filler.

For entrees my mom got the pork chop with sweet potato puree and I got the beef rib with ďisland style beansĒ. My momís pork chop was very good - it was thick and grilled perfectly (the waiter had asked how we would like it done - ummm well done? Itís pork you know - he said he wasnít sure why they had to ask that because he thought pork should always be fully cooked and I have
always thought so to but I guess if someone wants to chance it, they at least have that option). And the sweet potatoes....mmmm good. They were very smooth and creamy with just the right touch of nutmeg / butter. Now, for my meal. Let me say that the beef rib was very good. It had a nice bbq sauce which was not spicy, just tangy and it was melt off the bone good. However, the beans were possibly one of the worst things I have ever had. They were pasty and starchy and had no other flavour. It seemed that they have just soaked and been boiled too long and it made them inedible. Thatís right, one bite that was it. I will give the waiter credit, when he saw that I had removed the beef rib to my bread plate and had put the beans to the side of the table he offered me another side but quite honestly I was just about done eating and I didnít want to get another side just to take it to go. So I said no thank you.

For dessert we each got a key lime pie. Now neither of us wanted dessert (we had enough sweets with our tea) but we asked for them to go. The waiter said he could not pack them up in the kitchen but what he would do is bring them to the table along with take out containers and he would pack them up at the table. So he brought everything out, let me take a picture, and then packed them up for us. Strange, but it worked.

The next day, we had the key lime pie for breakfast - I didnít actually know that I liked key lime pie, but hey there isnít too much citrus I donít like. As it turns out I REALLY like key lime pie (the crust not so much) but the filling is so creamy and tart, itís right up my alley.
PrincessTrisha is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: