Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2006, 10:44 PM   #1
HunnyPots
DIS Veteran
The Tag Fairy is giving me big hugs for being such a kind person to animals (((hug)))
Better to have white walls than hay on the walls

Wink Okay, so we liked Sci Fi... Go figure

No one was more surprised than me after all the negative reviews I'd read on these boards, but we really enjoyed Sci Fi Dine In!

We had an ADR for 11:00 on Monday, July 10. We arrived about 10 minutes before and were seated within minutes. We got a car on the first row, which we all thought was pretty cool. Loved the atmosphere! Our waiter took our drink orders right away. A beer for DH and a coke for DS15 and diet coke for DD18 and I.We studied the menu while we waited for our drinks. Oh - it was also not as dark as I'd read it would be; no trouble reading the menu at all!
We started with an order of onion rings to share.They were hot and crispy - just perfect! DH got the Ruben, DD got the chicken Caesar salad, DS got the ribs and I mooched a little off each of them! Well, you know... if I was gonna review this place I'd better know what I was talking about, right?
DH thought his ruben sandwich was one of the best he'd had; I agreed, it was very good. DS loved the ribs, very tender and meaty. I also thought they were pretty good, not the best I've had but good. DD enjoyed her salad very much, and believe me, she knows her chicken caesars! I would have liked a little more dressing but it was still very good.
We took our time and enjoyed the movie clips and the "drive-in" atmosphere. Very cool!
We all agreed that we will put this one on our "to do again" list.
July 2006 Pop Century
June 2008 Indian Ridge vacation home
May 2011 Indian Ridge vacation home
HunnyPots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2006, 11:19 PM   #2
brando5111
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the review. We also agree! On our last trip this was a highlight - which totally surprised us, as we expected to not enjoy after the reviews, but alas, we loved it! And it's a must stop for us now!

Best,
Brando
brando5111 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2006, 11:26 PM   #3
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

I absolutely love Sci-Fi. They have the best milkshakes I have ever tasted and I loved the food. I don't see why people say it's bad. Oh well!
__disneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:29 AM   #4
magicmouse2
DIS Veteran

Havent tried it in case DD is scared of the movie clips. I actually saw this in a UK WDW review listed as a must do during your trip!
magicmouse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 01:35 AM   #5
dismom9761
DIS Veteran

I am glad to hear a good review.I chose it because I thought my DS10 and DS8 would like it.
dismom9761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 07:38 AM   #6
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

We also liked Sci Fi but I havent been back since 2003. Thanks for the review!
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 07:42 AM   #7
newholidayx2
Searching for the perfect tree
Do you get bunny kisses?

DS & I ate at SciFi last Aug. DS wants to go back so this Aug DH will be coming with us

Nov 2009 - employed by Disney
Dec 27 2008 - relocated to FL
newholidayx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 07:47 AM   #8
Letsbgoofy
Can live with dry heat
My Mickey waffle maker is a cheap park fix for me!
I like the scallops the best.

Thanks for the review. We are going to try the Sci-fi for the first time this August and I have been a little nervous with all the bad reviews.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:55 AM   #9
Cendrillon
Mouseketeer

I've been to Sci-Fi at least a half dozen times and I haven't had a bad experience yet. The worst thing about Sci-Fi is the prices, but they're in line with everything else at Disney. We've always had great service, always been sat in a car, never had to wait more than 10-15 minutes, and it's always a great mid-day stop to get you out of the heat and the bright sun for a little while. The food is usually better than average, if not the best thing you've ever tasted and it always leaves me satisfied and refreshed for the rest of the day. So two thumbs up for Sci-Fi here. I've never really understood all the bad reviews.

Btw, for the poster who was worried the clips would be too frightening, they're really not - many are actually cartoons anyway and there's so much to look at, your child will be easily distracted from the screen.
Cendrillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 08:27 AM   #10
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

I"m so glad to hear that you had a great time...I was a little worried too...we have this scheduled for our December trip and read some really bad reviews... but we'd eaten there 3 years ago and DH and DD loved it although oddly enough don't remember the food... (neither do I but I remember loving the atmosphere...

Happy it worked out...
PracPerfPatricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 09:33 AM   #11
MickeyMonstersMom
DIS Veteran

I'm glad to see Sci-Fi getting good reviews lately, too. DS is so excited to try the place this year that I want it to be good for his sake! Eh, he's 8 and not a picky eater, so as long as he sees the movie clips he'll be satisfied! Thanks for the review!
Old 07-23-2006, 09:38 AM   #12
LBelle
I'm soooo jealos
That's the best tag everr!!!!!
Well boys and girls...time for me to rip this popsicle stand
Awwww.....the long ago days of Jello shooters

I am soooo happy to see that there are some GOOD reviews for Sci-Fi!! I booked an ADR, under sufferance, for a dinner in Sept. Our DS10 has ALWAYS wanted to try this place! I'm now actually looking forward to this meal!! Thanks for the GREAT review!!
LBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 10:15 AM   #13
Cruz Family
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review! We will be trying Sci-fi for the frist time in a couple of months. I am glad you enjoyed it, and hopefully we will as well.

Cruz Family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:30 AM   #14
kellyg403
She changes friends like she changes underwear
NEVER GO INTO THE BOWELS OF HELL aka teenager bedroom WITHOUT TURNING ON THE LIGHTS

We really like Sci-Fi as well. Now it is our first day tradition! We check-in and go straight to MGM and RnR and TOT then over to Sci-Fi. My boys really love this place!

Kelly
kellyg403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:45 AM   #15
english rose 47
DIS Veteran

Also glad to hear the good reviews any restaurant can have a bad day and the kids really want to go for the cars tables. The menu looks fine for us and as we are onDDP the price is right!! I hope to try the milkshakes . Can you get them as your drink onDDP?
english rose 47 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: