Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2006, 04:26 PM   #1
A,M&Asmom
Mouseketeer

Hollywood & Vine Character breakfast review....

I had posted on the Theme parks board that we were lucky enough to have been stopped at MGM/Disney Studios this past Friday and asked if we would try out a new Character Breakfast they were doing with the Little Einteins & Jojo's Circus characters for free that day. Of course we agreed. Here is my review.

To start off...there were 12 of us in our group....3 tables of 4, but right next to each other. 6 Adults & 6 kids.

We came to the Hollywood & Vine at about 11:00 and our time was for 11:05. They took my information and told us to have a seat on the patio until they called our name. They were all so nice at the stand so it already started off really good. In about 5 minutes they called us in and sat us. We were right by the buffet line, but it isn't like you are right on top of it so it was fine. Our waiter came right over to see what we would like to drink. He was so nice and smiling the whole time. He went to get our drinks, which came so fast and in the meantime...a few CMs that were part of the show came around to the tables asking all the kid's names and told them they were going to be singing and dancing so they should get up & join along. The characters would be around to the tables shortly.

About as soon as he left...the characters started coming around. The place was full, but they sure stopped by the tables enough for the kids. Leo, Annie, June (no Quincy which dissappointed my ds for about a minute until the manager told him that he had to go to school that day) and then Jojo & the Lion stopped by, too. They signed their books...posed for pics and hugged all 6 of the kids at our table.

The food was wonderful. The first items you came on were bagels, rolls, muffins & fruit. Then you moved on to all the hot items. They had eggs, egg casseroles, grits, ham, sausage, bacon, pancakes, Mickey Mouse waffles, toppings for the waffles such as strawberries, cereal (hot & cold), biscuits & gravy....hmmm am I leaving anything out....

I think I tasted almost everything at least a little bit. My favorite were the chocolate filled rolls (those were so good), the Mickey Mouse waffles, the fruit was nice and fresh, the kids loved the waffles and they scarffed down the bacon. The tried almost all of it also and I don't think there was one thing that they didn't like.

The were alway restocking even though we were one of the last groups to be eating breakfast since it was a late seating (hey can't complain when they gave it to us for free), but then even if I was paying...I still would not have anything to complain about. I don't think one person in our entire group could complain about anything. Even my mother who is a breakfast guru. Everything was perfect. The food was fresh and hot..the CMs & Characters were great....I would HIGHLY recommend this breakfast for anyone with kids who like the Little Einsteins or Jojo's Circus. In fact...Everyone who asks how our trip was...I tell them this was one of the best parts of our trip!
The Yacht Club 7/00
The Carribean Beach Resort 7/89
Many times as a child in the 70's & 80's...Off site

Last edited by A,M&Asmom; 06-28-2006 at 04:37 PM.
A,M&Asmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:39 PM   #2
kaybird
DIS Veteran

Thanks so much for posting! Lot's of people have been waiting to hear about this new CB, so great that you not only enjoyed it but what a great surprise for free!!!!

Hope the rest of your trip was just as good!!!

kaybird is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2006, 04:40 PM   #3
mom2isaac&ella
Mouseketeer

I have been waiting for a review of this character meal!! Sounds wonderful. What kind of singing and dancing did they do? We will be going in a month for lunch, would love for someone who had lunch there to give info on the menu.
mom2isaac&ella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:50 PM   #4
A,M&Asmom
Mouseketeer

They sang the hot dog...diggity dog song...the Little Einsteins theme song..& a couple others.

As for the dancing...I don't remember it specifically...I was too busy watching my 3 year old doing her own dance. I think they told you what to do like clapping and such. They had some CMs that did the singing and dancing that weren't in costumes and they had a microphone on so you could hear them.

They had so much fun...I wish we could have stayed longer.
The Yacht Club 7/00

Old 06-28-2006, 04:52 PM   #5
nickelsfamily
Proud MARINE Wife

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR POST, IT WAS VERY INFORMATIVE. I CAN'T WAIT TO MAKE MY ADRS (JULY 4TH)! MY BOYS ARE GOING TO BE SO EXCITED TO SEE SOME NEW CHARACTERS AT BREAKFAST!

Celebrating our 9th wedding anniversary in WDW

My 18th trip to WDW

1986-offsite 1987- FW 1992,1993,1994,1995,1996-CBR 1998-offsite 2001-CSR 2002-POR 2004-POP
01/2006-ASM 04/2006 POFQ 06/2006-POFQ 08/2006 ASMo & CBR 11/2006 GF 02/2007-CSR
nickelsfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:11 PM   #6
lovehoney
DIS Veteran

Did they happen to bring out Lunch items while you were there?
lovehoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 05:18 PM   #7
A,M&Asmom
Mouseketeer

When you walked into the restaurant they had the breakfast going on the left side of the place. The right side was empty. While we were leaving a few people started showing up for lunch so they were just starting to set up the buffet only on that side so I really didn't notice what they were putting out. One thing I do know they had was fried chicken...I know that because I could smell it with my highly sensetive pregnant nose . I wish I would have noticed what they were putting out. If it was anything like the breakfast...I am sure it will be good.

We did a dinner at Chef Mickey's one night and that food was good...so I am sure the lunch food can't be much different.
The Yacht Club 7/00

Old 06-28-2006, 05:19 PM   #8
java
I am embracing the Turkey Butt
We have the mentally insane lab and the incredibly flatulent Bulldog
I'm the mean wife

Thank you for posting this!!! We go on the 3rd and I was dying to hear if they really did sing and dance. Can't wait to see my 3 year old here! (oh and the 8 and 12 will be dancing too! maybe even the baby)
java is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:09 PM   #9
mom22boys
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review!

DS 3 loves the Little Einsteins. We won't be at WDW again until May 2007, but he is already talking about having lunch with Leo and June. He is going to be so excited to hear that Annie was there too! Out of curiousity, how did they do the characters of Leo, Annie, and June? Were they like Cinderella and Belle where you can see a person's face or were they like Jo-Jo or Mickey with masks?

Much thanks! Glad your family had such a good experience!
mom22boys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:10 PM   #10
brat5063
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the review. I can't wait to eat their in September.
brat5063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:18 PM   #11
MinnieGi
DVC/BWV & HHI

Hooray! Finally a review!!! We are going for lunch at the end of July and the kids are very excited! They will love the singing and dancing part as well as meeting new characters. I was also curious about the cosuming for "Little Einsteins" - Are they "face" characters or in complete suits?

Thanks again for the review.
8 Trips while growing up,11/94 Dixie Landings (honeymoon); 11/01 WL; 10/02 OKW; 2/03 AKL; 2/04 BWV/OKW; 2/05 AKL/BWV; 10/05 JW Marriott;1/06 WLV; 7/06 BWV; 2/07 - FW Cabins;08/07 HHI; 11/07 BWV/SSR, 06/08 - HHI, 11/08 - BWV, 06/09 - HHI, 06/10 - HHI; 12/10 Christmas at BLT; 06/11 Disney with the dance girls and DD dancing up Main St. in MK parade!!! 11/11 Thanksgiving in WDW!! 6/12 in HHI! Christmas in Disney 2013!; HHI - April 2014; and Coming UP: Thanksgiving Week 2014!
MinnieGi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:23 PM   #12
taragl
Mouseketeer

Great review -- thanks! One question, was the dancing bit low pressure or were they insistent? DS won't want to get up in front of an audience.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:26 PM   #13
disneyde
Mouseketeer

Have you ever been to the Liberty Tree Character meal would you recommend JoJo's circus over it if you had. I'm trying to make the most of my table service choices. I'm undecided on a few of my choices.
disneyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 10:51 PM   #14
Bunchkin
DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing!!!

Glad to hear that it was a good experience all around!!!

We have ADR's for our upcoming trip!!!
We have a late breakfast scheduled, so we may be there for lunch also!!

Hope someone posts what is on the lunch buffet as well!!
Old 06-28-2006, 10:52 PM   #15
lillygator

Mom of two Princesses!
Grew up wanting to be a can can girl
let's just say my whoop whoop's woke the sleeping giant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by java
Thank you for posting this!!! We go on the 3rd and I was dying to hear if they really did sing and dance. Can't wait to see my 3 year old here! (oh and the 8 and 12 will be dancing too! maybe even the baby)
we'll miss you by a day = we're going on the 2nd!
Hide the rum, the 2007 Bad Girl Adventures have begun!
'04 ~ Pop, AKL, ASMo, WL & Wonder Cruise!
'05 ~ ASMo, CBR, CSR, ASMu, Pop, Poly & Eastern Cruise!
'06 ~ POR, ASSports, ASMusic x 2, AKL, BWI, POP & Double Dip Cruise!
'07 ~ CBR, ASMo, BCV x 2, OKW, Orlando Breeze, POP!!
'08 ~ Offsite Knight's Inn YUCK! ~ Stealing the Magic ~ May Repo! Candy Cane Inn!
'09 ~ May DCL Western~Key Lime Pirates!
lillygator is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: