The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2006, 08:19 PM   #1
Magic2000
DIS Veteran

Country Inn & Suites - Calypso Cay

We stayed here for a couple of days before switching to Disney, and it was great! We had a one bedroom suite, and it was very clean. We were on the 4th floor, overlooking the pool area. The breakfast was pretty good; but it did get a little crowded around the toaster area! My kids loved the ice cream vending machine for a late night snack! My youngest DD loved the pool slide too!

No complaints on this hotel - nice staff, room was clean, beds comfortable, pool was really nice (not crowded at all!). I would stay here again.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:05 PM   #2
IowaGirl
Mouseketeer

We stayed there when it was newer in 2002

We paid 39.00 per night with an entertainment rate--do they still honor the entertainment card? What sort of rates are they charging now?
WDW 1995
WDW Jan 1992
DisneyLand 197?
IowaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-28-2006, 09:14 PM   #3
Magic2000
DIS Veteran

Don't know if they still honor the entertainment rate. I got the one bedroom suite for $59.00 a night.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:32 AM   #4
Deweysgirl
DIS Veteran

We paid 120.00 a night for the 1 BR suite last Tuesday, so for 59.00 you got a killer deal! The room was nice, pool area is super and the cont. bkfst. was quite good. I also would recommend CI&S at Calypso Cay.
Disney Wonder 04,08,10,Disney Magic(Western Double Dip 06,Eastern 07,Disney Dream(12),

Deweysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 01:51 AM   #5
PlutosFriend
Spoke too soon
The little ones are sometimes cuter
It must be true!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic2000
We stayed here for a couple of days before switching to Disney, and it was great! We had a one bedroom suite, and it was very clean. We were on the 4th floor, overlooking the pool area. The breakfast was pretty good; but it did get a little crowded around the toaster area! My kids loved the ice cream vending machine for a late night snack! My youngest DD loved the pool slide too!

No complaints on this hotel - nice staff, room was clean, beds comfortable, pool was really nice (not crowded at all!). I would stay here again.
What is the location of this hotel?
PlutosFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #6
Magic2000
DIS Veteran

It is on SR 535 (by the Interstate), very close to Downtown Disney (its also near the Sheraton Vistana). When you passed by the Downtown Disney hotels, the next red light was SR 535; take a right! It only took a few minutes to get to Typhoon Lagoon! Great location!!
Old 07-11-2006, 08:42 PM   #7
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is on SR 535 (by the Interstate), very close to Downtown Disney (its also near the Sheraton Vistana). When you passed by the Downtown Disney hotels, the next red light was SR 535; take a right! It only took a few minutes to get to Typhoon Lagoon! Great location!!
I am confused about your directions, if you are coming from Downtown Disney once you pass the DD hotels at get to SR 535 you take a left. If you are talking the Country Inn and Suites in Lake Buena Vista. Or are you coming from the Interstate?
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:01 PM   #8
mjmcca
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie
I am confused about your directions, if you are coming from Downtown Disney once you pass the DD hotels at get to SR 535 you take a left. If you are talking the Country Inn and Suites in Lake Buena Vista. Or are you coming from the Interstate?
SR 535 runs in both directions right and left when you get to the Ctossroads intersection. Right takes you to I4.

mjmcca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:32 AM   #9
Magic2000
DIS Veteran

Sorry about the confusion. There are actually two Country Inn & Suites on SR 535 - there is one when you take the left. We accidently went to that one when we were trying to check in, since we had gotten in around 9:00 pm. They kindly gave us directions to the correct one (where we had the reservations).

The one we stayed at, Calypso Cay, was on the right. Coming from the Downtown Disney hotels, when you get to SR 535, take a right. Go under the I-4 overpass, and its about a block down on the right.

Hope this helps!
Old 07-13-2006, 10:49 PM   #10
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry about the confusion. There are actually two Country Inn & Suites on SR 535 - there is one when you take the left. We accidently went to that one when we were trying to check in, since we had gotten in around 9:00 pm. They kindly gave us directions to the correct one (where we had the reservations).

The one we stayed at, Calypso Cay, was on the right. Coming from the Downtown Disney hotels, when you get to SR 535, take a right. Go under the I-4 overpass, and its about a block down on the right.

Hope this helps!

Yep that makes a difference.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: