Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2006, 03:31 PM   #1
manleykr
Mouseketeer

How does the Meal Deal Ticket work?

Has anyone used the meal deal ticket? I am wondering how this works. I know they have certain places but do you get to choose anything or do they have a list posted? I would appreciate any info on this. Thanks
manleykr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 03:56 PM   #2
JLTraveling
DIS Veteran

You get one entree, one or two sides (I think), and a dessert. So you can basically order anything, just not a whole pizza or anything of that nature. You can also get a refillable mug with free refills for an additional charge (Somewhere around $8, I forget exactly.) If in doubt, ask before you order, but it really is good for almost anything, and it's a fabulous deal. Dirty little secret, though they tell you can't share a wristband, it's really easy to do. The band wearer can go in and get a meal, bring it to the other person, then wait a few minutes and go get another meal. I've shared a wristband between as many as three people, and we never went hungry! If you do it this way though, sit at the outside tables and be somewhat discreet.
JLTraveling is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-24-2006, 11:25 PM   #3
phamton
Proud Redhead
My husband is right...It is all about me!Shooting your own exhaust is like cheating at solitaire

DISboards Moderator

Here is the menu: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1011431

They have also added Monster Cafe and Richters at Univesal and Burger Digs at IOA.
phamton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 08:42 PM   #4
faindrops27
I love free DDP but love going on cruises too! My favorite cruiseline is RCCL. But will be sailing NCL for the first time Breakaway 13'

So the meal deal is still going eh?

faindrops27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 10:46 AM   #5
lisaanddenny
Mouseketeer

dining meal deal???

Hi, a group of 14 of us are coming in November, 2nd week, we purchased the dining meal deal option directly through universal studios via the phone, along with a hotel package. please answer the following questions about the meal deal. in the brief explanation of the meal deal on the universal studio site, it states that desserts are jello, cookie or bundt cake. My question is this, if there is another dessert item that costs the same as a cookie, jello or bundt cake, could you choose this also, i.e. a milkshake is the same amt of money as a bundt cake, could we choose a milkshake for dessert? I would appreciate an answer. Lisa
lisaanddenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:21 PM   #6
momof3disneyholics
Maternal Unit Extraordinaire
I want a bunny bird!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLTraveling
You get one entree, one or two sides (I think), and a dessert. So you can basically order anything, just not a whole pizza or anything of that nature. You can also get a refillable mug with free refills for an additional charge (Somewhere around $8, I forget exactly.) If in doubt, ask before you order, but it really is good for almost anything, and it's a fabulous deal. Dirty little secret, though they tell you can't share a wristband, it's really easy to do. The band wearer can go in and get a meal, bring it to the other person, then wait a few minutes and go get another meal. I've shared a wristband between as many as three people, and we never went hungry! If you do it this way though, sit at the outside tables and be somewhat discreet.
That's too much trouble for me. Esp. since the lines can be quite long at times. The meal deal is cheap anyway, so why basically steal to get a free meal, or two or three?
momof3disneyholics is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: