Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2011, 06:31 AM   #1366
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydork View Post
I am wondering if anyone knows if they check ID for anyone riding DME? We booked 3 reservations, but have just added a 4th person to our trip, and are actually renting a car at the airport (long story, don't ask), and are wondering if we can just substitute one of the DME riders with our new person? (So originally persons A, B, & C were going to ride, now can persons A & D ride?)
Shouldn't be an issue. As long as they are the same sex, no one is going to question you. But, if 'Mary' is now using 'Johns' voucher, they may question you. Probably not, but it could happen.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:25 PM   #1367
hivemama
Mouseketeer

We leave in 21 days, and are going with my inlaws. FIL booked through a TA. Will the DME packet get sent to him, the TA, or will we get ours at our address? We haven't gotten anything yet, and neither has FIL. Do I need to call?

DH Me DS9 DD8 DD6 DS5
hivemama is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-06-2011, 07:40 AM   #1368
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hivemama View Post
We leave in 21 days, and are going with my inlaws. FIL booked through a TA. Will the DME packet get sent to him, the TA, or will we get ours at our address? We haven't gotten anything yet, and neither has FIL. Do I need to call?
Since the trip was booked through a TA, that TA 'owns' the reservation until you guys actually checkin. The DME materials are normally sent to the TA who then gets them to the guest. I would have the inlaws call the TA to see where the packet is.
Old 11-07-2011, 07:51 AM   #1369
yesmylove
Mouseketeer

ME bus if packet does not come

Our ME packet did't arrive at the TA. She called and they said that they forgot to send it out and that they would send it right to me by UPS. So if it doesn't come in time, I don't have a problem picking up my luggage and taking it to the bus myself, but don't I need a bar code to be scanned to get on the bus and what about the return trip. I have 5 days before I leave.
thanks for anyones help.
yesmylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:44 PM   #1370
siskaren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmylove View Post
Our ME packet did't arrive at the TA. She called and they said that they forgot to send it out and that they would send it right to me by UPS. So if it doesn't come in time, I don't have a problem picking up my luggage and taking it to the bus myself, but don't I need a bar code to be scanned to get on the bus and what about the return trip. I have 5 days before I leave.
thanks for anyones help.
Even if you don't get the tags, you'll still be able to have DME pick up your luggage and you'll still be able to get on the bus. Just head to the DME desk.
siskaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:11 PM   #1371
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

As long as you have reservations in the system, you're good to go. If you don't get your info packet, with tags and vouchers, prior to travel, you have a few options. You can head to baggage claim and get your bags and bring them to DME with you. Or you can head right to the DME counter and then give the CM your baggage receipts and a descripton of your bags, and they will send someone to get the bags and have then delivered for you.

Either way, the DME CM will print out new vouchers for the bus for you...then you'll be good to go.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:46 PM   #1372
MelanieRI
Mouseketeer

Here's my situation. I'm flying in to MCO early in the morning. I'm going to go see family for a few hours, head back to the airport, and check-in with DME to ride over to WDW. Should I get my luggage and haul it around with me or just put the tags on it and hope that it is in the resort luggage hold until I check in at the resort a few hours later? I know they just collect all the luggage and ship it over to Disney anyhow, but has anyone done this before??

Melanie

Next trip to Walt Disney World:
November 2014
MelanieRI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #1373
happy2go2wdwmom
I love that great song!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelanieRI View Post
Here's my situation. I'm flying in to MCO early in the morning. I'm going to go see family for a few hours, head back to the airport, and check-in with DME to ride over to WDW. Should I get my luggage and haul it around with me or just put the tags on it and hope that it is in the resort luggage hold until I check in at the resort a few hours later? I know they just collect all the luggage and ship it over to Disney anyhow, but has anyone done this before??
Let the luggage go on without you. I feel sure you will be just fine having your luggage sent via DME. We always keep a "stuff needed for going to the parks" backpack with us and also a "just in case our luggage is lost emergency" backpack w/ pj's, bathing suit, one day clothing and tothbursh...small toiletries. If you are not going to the parks that day, you could just have a "just in case---one day supply bag"----we hvae nevr had any troubles with DME and hae used it once or twice a year since it began. have a gret trip and visit w/ your family! ps) If you lug your luggage around---you will need to possbly buy a cart to haul your stuff through the airport and then once again when you are back ath the airport to get to the bus and then you will porabaly have to tip the DME bus drivers for handling your luggage. Kind of a hassle compared to check it in and find it a tyour room later.
70's Fav ride 20,000 Leagues UTS; '03 June AKL-DF,DFH,DFS(4),DFS(5),MeDH, DS(4);'04 June HOJO'S Enchantedland-DH, DS(5), DSis (Eyeore) to WDW, Universal, SeaWorld; May '05 ASMo DDP--"OUR PERFECT DREAM COME TRUE VACATION" DH, DS(6); May '07 DDP-POP! w/ DH and DS(8)-SeaWorld;May '08 Free upgrade to CBR and PPP; April '09 Disney Wonder then Universal for SPRING BREAK-DH, DS(10),DF,DFH,DFS(9),DF(11); July '09 PC w/ DH and DS (10);May '10 CSR w/ $500 WDW gc w/DH & DS; Nov '10 PC w/ our middle schooler DS 11!! F&W, Festival of the Masters and "Christmas" at WDW and SW. July 20-26, '11 DS 12, DH (-63 lbs and counting) Y.E.S. Program, PC 5 day premium DQ, TL June 20-27, '12 First TEEN trip!!! DS and DH (-96 lbs and counting!) YES program and BG Tampa~Grabbing those quaility moments while we can! Feb. 22-25, '13 Sistah Tripping! DSis (54) and me (51), Pop Century - had res at CSR but extended stay at PC instead July 2013 - St. Pete Beach/Clearwater BG-Tampa Trip w/ DH and DS14 years old
June 2014-Universal trip w UAP and w DH and DS15--Portofino, Cabana Bay Resort, Hard Rock-club level!!!
happy2go2wdwmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #1374
janeb
Earning My Ears

Two different issues.. #1 .Late arrival......can we

leave luggage for DME to deliver the next day? Our plane arrives at 10:30 PM - have been told by a friend to go ahead and attach our luggage tags at our home airport and take a carryon for the next day's clothes and DME will still deliver the bags to our room the next morning. Other information I have read states that we need to pick up our luggage that night ourself from the luggage claim. Does anyone know which is correct?

#2. Also, other family members will fly in to MCO a couple of days prior to visit friends and rent a car at MCO. Does anyone know if, when they return their car, can they just get directions to the DME and board with their luggage by showing their Disney resort reservations??

Thanks for any help on either issue!!

23 days and counting!!!
janeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:37 PM   #1375
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeb View Post
leave luggage for DME to deliver the next day? Our plane arrives at 10:30 PM - have been told by a friend to go ahead and attach our luggage tags at our home airport and take a carryon for the next day's clothes and DME will still deliver the bags to our room the next morning. Other information I have read states that we need to pick up our luggage that night ourself from the luggage claim. Does anyone know which is correct?

#2. Also, other family members will fly in to MCO a couple of days prior to visit friends and rent a car at MCO. Does anyone know if, when they return their car, can they just get directions to the DME and board with their luggage by showing their Disney resort reservations??

Thanks for any help on either issue!!

23 days and counting!!!
#1. You need to pick up your own luggage. If you don't, it will spend a considerable amount of time on the carrousel before eventually being taken to the unclaimed luggage office.

#2. They can do that, but they will have to make a reservation with DME first. They can't just show up at the counter without a reservation and get on the bus.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 10:14 PM   #1376
janeb
Earning My Ears

Thank you , Alesia

We REALLY appreciate your help and especially your fast response.
Thanks soo much!
janeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:14 PM   #1377
anut4disney
Just call me bashful

I am using Dreams Unlimited. Will the tags be sent to them? My check in date is 12/17/11 and I haven't received anything yet?

Raymond (aka Grumpy).
Wonderful husband, father and grandfather.
You are in our hearts forever.

anut4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:23 PM   #1378
Disneyhayes
DIS Veteran

So to make sure I have this right...
We are flying SW from Columbus, OH to MCO.

We check in at CMH with our pretty yellow tags on our bags. When we arrive to MCO we bypass baggage claim and get on the DME bus. When we get to the resort we check in and take our carry ons to the room - our checked bags will arrive later

When we are to depart our resort we check in at the RAC to get our boarding passes and give them our checked bags without the pretty yellow tags. We then give the luggage check our carryons and have fun until its time to depart.

How long until we get to our resort after arriving at MCO? What time will be be departing ASSp for a flight that leaves MCO at 8:45?

TIA!

Sept 2011 - ASMo - MNSSHP**Jan 2012 - POP**Nov 2013 POP
Disneyhayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #1379
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyhayes View Post
So to make sure I have this right...
We are flying SW from Columbus, OH to MCO.

We check in at CMH with our pretty yellow tags on our bags. When we arrive to MCO we bypass baggage claim and get on the DME bus. When we get to the resort we check in and take our carry ons to the room - our checked bags will arrive later

When we are to depart our resort we check in at the RAC to get our boarding passes and give them our checked bags without the pretty yellow tags. We then give the luggage check our carryons and have fun until its time to depart.
Exactly.
Quote:
How long until we get to our resort after arriving at MCO?
It depends on how many stops your bus makes before your resort. They'll mix guests to several locations on the same bus. Generally for us, we're at the resort check-in desk about 60-90 minutes after exiting the plane.
Quote:
What time will be be departing ASSp for a flight that leaves MCO at 8:45?
The buses have a regular scheduled pick-up times at each resort. Your bus will be the one closest to three hours before your departure. RAC opens at 5:00, so you should have plenty of time to check your bags and be ready for the bus.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:33 AM   #1380
disneyfamilyvaca
Earning My Ears

I would think you should receive the transportation packet.
disneyfamilyvaca is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: