Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2006, 06:09 PM   #121
gokenin
DIS Veteran

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by clkelley
I'm not sure that statement is totally true. (Unless they have changed/more strictly enforce policy). Back in 98, I was staying at an offsite hotel on International Drive using the hotel transportation and Mears.

(Hey it, was a free trip, beggars can't be choosy)

I soon discovered that I would not be able to go to the parks on my departure day and get back to my hotel for Mears to the airport without taking an expensive cab back to my hotel. So, I arranged my Mears to the airport from the Contemporary. I took the hotel shuttle to the Magic Kingdom and took my roller bag and bookbag with me. My roller bag was too big for the lockers, but they stored it in a room and gave me a claim check for it. They charged the same price as a large locker without the key deposit. When I left for the day, I picked up my bag, and took the monorail to the Contemporary, and caught Mears to the airport.
However, to the original poster, let the RAC desk and bell services handle your luggage on your last day!! Don't take it to the parks!! When staying at a Disney resort, that's the best way!!!!
Thanks guys I am staying at the Wilderness Lodge so I think i can check my luggage in when i check out of the hotel that morning to head over to the park and if i understand you correctly i can leave my carryon bag with the bellhop and then pick it up when i get ready to leave after some time in the park. just dont want to put everything that gets bought down there in the checked luggage would rather keep it with me, course i could ship it too but thats more of a hassel to do thanks for the tips
Old 11-17-2006, 05:54 AM   #122
fqmm1974
Earning My Ears

Dear all,

I have just finished our Disney's trip. Eventhough we've never recieved any of the DME package but everything went fine.

Thank you for all your help, especially goofy4tink.
fqmm1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-17-2006, 06:17 AM   #123
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fqmm1974
Dear all,

I have just finished our Disney's trip. Eventhough we've never recieved any of the DME package but everything went fine.

Thank you for all your help, especially goofy4tink.

Happy to hear all went well...thanks for checking in and telling us!!!

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:35 PM   #124
Pooh's Pal
Soon to be dancing with My Pal Pooh
Always searching for a better Disney deal!

I have a question...hoping someone can answer it.

We are flying Jet Blue out of Boston in a few weeks and have ME luggage tags, but we are not taking the ME bus and have opted to rent a car for our stay, so....can I still use the ME luggage service without using the bus?

I know I can check in our luggage at the hotel for our return trip..but confused about the way down.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
I've been biten by the Sunshine bug!! šOš $$$ #493 & MWT!
Pooh's Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 08:45 PM   #125
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh's Pal
I have a question...hoping someone can answer it.

We are flying Jet Blue out of Boston in a few weeks and have ME luggage tags, but we are not taking the ME bus and have opted to rent a car for our stay, so....can I still use the ME luggage service without using the bus?

I know I can check in our luggage at the hotel for our return trip..but confused about the way down.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
No, for the trip from MCO to the resort, you can't use DME as a luggage-only service. At least one person from your party must ride the DME bus in order for your luggage to be delivered by DME.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:36 AM   #126
Pooh's Pal

Thanks....that's what I thought, but just wanted to make sure! Rental car it is!
Old 11-24-2006, 11:20 AM   #127
simzac
DIS Veteran
Watched over by the Tag Fairy

We received our tags today, 37 days before we leave.

DIS DAD MEMBER #672
simzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 10:09 AM   #128
erin1715
DIS Veteran

Question Luggage tags and packet

Hello everyone!! I have received our luggage tags and packet information in the mail for our trip in January. Everything on the tags is correct, but inside the packet that they send it says, No Flight Information. I made my DME reservation online and I did put in my flight info, so I'm not sure if this really matters or not. Also, we are getting in late so I dont' plan on using the DME tags anyway, we are just going to get our luggage ourselves, but I realize we still need a DME reservation if we want to use Disney's transportation. Do you think the info in the packet is important? Thanks for your help in advance!
erin1715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 06:27 PM   #129
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

Don't worry about the flight information. Just give it to them when you check in at the Welcome Center at the airport. You have a booklet, which means you HAVE a reservation. That's all you need!
Old 12-01-2006, 11:04 PM   #130
Pooh's Pal

What do you do if your flight has changed??
Our flight times have changed (3 times with Delta) then we decided to switch over and fly Jet Blue non-stop and we'll be arriving 2 hours earlier than originally booked...does that matter to ME?...should we call them, or is there somewhere we can do it on-line?? Like sooooon????? or just wing it once we get to MCO? We do have the booklet and the yellow luggage tags.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:08 AM   #131
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Most likely you'll be fine with the changes. You could call them today just to get JB in their system, but I wouldn't worry too much since you'll have the yellow tags and the resort hasn't changed.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:31 AM   #132
Byrd
DIS Veteran

When is the lastest that you can add DME? We may fly down Dec. 27th if AirTran has a special.
Thanks for any information.
Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 08:08 PM   #133
bicker
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip 'n Dale Express View Post
As for the misspelled name, it doesn't matter for DME, but if it does for you, by all means just use the marker to correct it. Just do not obstruct the barcodes.
Could someone please confirm this again? Our tags all have the same name on them (presumably what was supposed to be the name the room is registered in, i.e., my name), plus the passenger's name. Well, my name is no where to be found; instead they created a name out of one of my guest's first name and my last name. Each of the other three people in my party, at least, have tags that have their name on them (plus this made-up name), but I have tags that have this made-up name on them, twice.

What should I do? Just fix them manually?
bicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2007, 04:04 PM   #134
Chip 'n Dale Express
Can't stay put!
I met lots of DIS'ers during my purple-panted tenure
I'm just fine with being terrific instead

The advice you quoted still stands. Just don't obstruct the bar code

When you check in at the Welcome Center, they can correct it in the computer.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:06 AM   #135
KristinU
DIS Veteran

OK, possibly a dumb question...but since I've read on this thread that the DME reservation is linked to your room reservation and not your flight, can you book DME before you book your flight?

1994 Poly Honeymoon - 1997 BWV - 1998 Contemporary - 1999 Coronado Springs - 2000 Joined DVC! BWV & Vero Beach - 2001 BWV & CBR - 2002 BCV & OKW - 2003 Grand Californian & AKL - 2004 POR, DS's first trip to WDW and our 10th anniversary! - 2005 BWV for DS's first birthday! & SSR - 2006 Pop & OKW - 2007 VWL for DS's 3rd birthday! also in 2007 - started living Debt Free! - 2008 BWV for DS's 4th birthday and sold DVC! (and yes, it's a good thing for us! ) and Fort Wilderness for Thanksgiving 2008 - 2009 Bay Lake Tower for our 15th Anniversary 2011 Fort Wilderness, Princess Half Marathon 2012 Fort Wilderness - 2013 1st Dark Side visit - Universal for WWoHP! 2013 AKV for Princess Half Marathon Girls Weekend!
KristinU is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: