Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #1276
Ochio
Mouseketeer

Thank you both for your reassurance about the luggage tags. Isn't it funny that Disney told me the same thing but I feel more secure about reading it from the great people here on the Dis! Our reservation # stayed the same.

We received the Pin # by email. I'm guessing they must have overbooked the pref. rooms at Pop. We are excited about Coronado Springs and are scrambling to read every bit if info we can find on it!

Thanks again for your replies.
Ochio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #1277
HoltDisney07
Mouseketeer

Congrats

I would LOVE to get one of these. I was wondering if you are booked with free dining and got this pin would you be able to use both?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochio View Post
We just received a pin # for a "Free Upgrade" from Pop to a moderate. Our check in date is one week away. Of course we had already received our Magical Express luggage tags. When I asked the cm today about still being able to use them he said yes-that it didn't matter what resort name was on the tags, that they would scan the reservation number and the bags would be sent to my new resort. I'm really hesitant about this and am wondering if I should just retrieve my luggage and take it on the ME bus with me. Any thoughts?
August '12 - Offsite (Silver Lake)
July/August '13 - POR
HoltDisney07 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2011, 11:02 PM   #1278
Ochio
Mouseketeer

I don't know about an upgrade w/free dining. We had a room only reservation. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you-maybe you will still get one
Ochio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:14 AM   #1279
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoltDisney07 View Post
Congrats

I would LOVE to get one of these. I was wondering if you are booked with free dining and got this pin would you be able to use both?
Most likely not. Disney doesn't allow you to stack discounts. BUT...if you booked a particular resort, with free dining, and they had to move you for some reason (maintainence issue or overbooking) then you may very well be able to keep the free dining.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:50 PM   #1280
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Apologies as I am sure this has already been asked

Without reading through the entire sticky, if we are on a 5:30pm flight, what time to do we meet ME and when is our luggage taken from our room?

TY

pooksma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:07 PM   #1281
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Without reading through the entire sticky, if we are on a 5:30pm flight, what time to do we meet ME and when is our luggage taken from our room?

TY
If you're flying internationally, your scheduled pick up time will be about 4 hours before your flight (it's 3 hours for domestic flights.) You'll need to take your luggage to the RAC desk yourself no more than 12 hours (and no less than 3 hours) before your flight. The RAC desk closes at 1:00 pm.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 11:39 PM   #1282
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info about DME!

I wasn't sure whether to put the luggage tags on our baggage because we do NOT want to use the luggage service. But I was wondering, because we choose to not partake in the luggage service, will we still be able to store our checked baggage under the motor coach after we have claimed it ourselves from baggage claim? Or will we have to bring it onto the bus with us?

TIA!

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:02 AM   #1283
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak616 View Post
Thanks for the info about DME!

I wasn't sure whether to put the luggage tags on our baggage because we do NOT want to use the luggage service. But I was wondering, because we choose to not partake in the luggage service, will we still be able to store our checked baggage under the motor coach after we have claimed it ourselves from baggage claim? Or will we have to bring it onto the bus with us?

TIA!
Your checked bags will go underneath the bus. There isn't any room on the bus, with you. You can bring a smallish carryon onto the bus but that's it. All checked baggage goes under your bus. But remember, any time a bus driver 'touches' a piece of luggage a tip is going to be expected.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #1284
Disneyfreak616
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Your checked bags will go underneath the bus. There isn't any room on the bus, with you. You can bring a smallish carryon onto the bus but that's it. All checked baggage goes under your bus. But remember, any time a bus driver 'touches' a piece of luggage a tip is going to be expected.
Thank you so much! We each carry a small carry-on so we will take those on the bus with us. We will definitely tip the driver.

WDW Commando #141
WDW (on-site only): 2001: POFQ/ 2010: AKL-Jambo House/ 2011: YC Club Level, POFQ, CSR & AKL-Jambo House (DVC!)/ 2012: SSR (x2), BWV (x2), AKV- Kidani Village & BLT/ 2013: AoA, POLY & AKV- Jambo House/ 2014: CBR, VWL, BCV & GRAND FLORIDIAN VILLAS!
DL: 2009: Fairfield Inn Marriot/ 2010: Camelot Inn/ 2013: Carousel Inn

Completed Trip Reports:

The Frump Takes Over the World: Food Edition! A DR with Extra Magic!A Frump's TR: "Me Gusta Epic Mealtime! Stop Thinking My Thoughts: I'm Five."

"I Don't Wanna Meet Mickey In a Frumpin' Poncho!"
"SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP! It Builds Character and Strength!" A July 2011 TR!

Disneyfreak616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:14 PM   #1285
LoveMMC
Mouseketeer

ME and a toddler

So today we got the ME tickets in the mail

My DH and my name are on the tickets for ME, flight info and luggage tags.
My 2 year old DD is not listed on anything in the package.

She is listed on the reservation emails and conformation.

Is that normal?
I called Disney and was told- that is to protect her privacy???

Thanks
DLP 2003, 2004, 2012
WDW 2010 POP , 2011 CSR , 2013 POFQ
LoveMMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 07:10 AM   #1286
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMMC View Post
So today we got the ME tickets in the mail

My DH and my name are on the tickets for ME, flight info and luggage tags.
My 2 year old DD is not listed on anything in the package.

She is listed on the reservation emails and conformation.

Is that normal?
I called Disney and was told- that is to protect her privacy???

Thanks
I highly doubt it's a 'privacy issue'. Did you pay for a seat on the plane for your 2 y/o??? IF so, she is entitled to the same luggage allowances you are...and should get a DME tag as well. We tend to see many reports of families not having their chidren (under the age of 3) listed on DME. I imagine that it has more to do with that child not having to pay for anything at WDW than any privacy issues.
If your dd has her own seat on the plane I would call DME and get an addtl tag sent out. She will be fine not having a voucher for the bus...she's just 2 so won't be a problem.
Old 07-19-2011, 09:11 PM   #1287
LoveMMC
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I highly doubt it's a 'privacy issue'. Did you pay for a seat on the plane for your 2 y/o??? IF so, she is entitled to the same luggage allowances you are...and should get a DME tag as well. We tend to see many reports of families not having their chidren (under the age of 3) listed on DME. I imagine that it has more to do with that child not having to pay for anything at WDW than any privacy issues.
If your dd has her own seat on the plane I would call DME and get an addtl tag sent out. She will be fine not having a voucher for the bus...she's just 2 so won't be a problem.
Thanks for getting back to me.
The privacy comment made me think she didnt know what she was talking about - it didnt make sense.
Yes - we paid for a seat but we were not planning on a suitcase. As long as we dont have issues getting on the ME - I am happy.
Thanks again!
DLP 2003, 2004, 2012
WDW 2010 POP , 2011 CSR , 2013 POFQ
LoveMMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 01:27 AM   #1288
whitnicole18
Earning My Ears

PROBLEM!

We are leaving on July 30th for Disney... we have 7 people going (3 kids and 4 adults; nieces and nephews, step dad, mom, boyfriend and I) so we have two connecting rooms... meaning two different reservations/confirmation numbers. I signed both up with the Magical Express service. However, I only received ME tags and packet for one reservation/room.... It's been about 5 days now and have yet to get the other one... should I just give Disney a call in the morning????
whitnicole18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:11 PM   #1289
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Call DME today...the number is in the packet you received. They should have enough time to send out another one for the other reservation.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:28 PM   #1290
Buntington
Mouseketeer

We received the tags/ME booklet for our August 9 trip yesterday, but the flight numbers are wrong (since we booked in January, our flight times/numbers have changed 4-5 times, ugh). Will this make our tags and passes unusable? Is it even possible to get the proper flight numbers on them this close to our trip? They have the right hotel, reservation # for Disney, names, etc., just the flight info is wrong. We booked through AAA and somehow I think the agent must not have notified Disney about the changes in flight info. Now I'm worried that our luggage will get lost or that we won't be able to use the passes...
Planning DS's First Trip December 2016!
Buntington is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: