Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2011, 03:48 PM   #1261
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoltDisney07 View Post
Our arrival flight is due in at 8:55pm (hoping it will be anyway). If our flight isn't late, will DME still deliver our bags that night to our hotel room, or will it be the next morning? I can't imagine us getting to our room before 11pm? We are staying at Pop. Any thoughts on a time line we can expect?

Thanks!
DME stops collecting bags at 10pm, and restarts the next morning. Since you're arriving around 9, you should be fine. BUT...if you get to POP at 10-10:30ish, it may be a looooong wait for your bags. I've had the worst luggage delivery from DME at POP. It wasn't DME's fault, it's luggage assistence at POP. If I were you, I would not tag my checked bags and I would head to baggage claim at MCO and get them and then bring them to the bus with me. That way you'll have them. Otherwise, you won't get those bags until past midnight, and very possibly not until the next morning!!!

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #1262
Guzzi
DIS Veteran

I requested DME on June 27th, and wondered if we would get our luggage tags in time for our flight on the 10th. I called DME this morning and found that our tags were mailed from (wherever DME is) on June 30th. I'm fairly confident that they will be here sometime this week (assuming that DME uses 1st class mail) and I wont have to pick up my families bags in orlando.

I have to go to the luggage carosel to help my SIL and neice pick up bags and then find their car rental place, but at least its just two bags and not 6 unless im unlucky

Guzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2011, 06:18 AM   #1263
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzi View Post
I requested DME on June 27th, and wondered if we would get our luggage tags in time for our flight on the 10th. I called DME this morning and found that our tags were mailed from (wherever DME is) on June 30th. I'm fairly confident that they will be here sometime this week (assuming that DME uses 1st class mail) and I wont have to pick up my families bags in orlando.

I have to go to the luggage carosel to help my SIL and neice pick up bags and then find their car rental place, but at least its just two bags and not 6 unless im unlucky
DME tells us they 'need' 10 days to process and mail out the info packets. You fall in that catagory. You should get your packet in the next few days.

Old 07-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #1264
Guzzi
DIS Veteran

any one know or remember if DME sends the packets 1st Class mail? or some kind of bulk mail rate?

Old 07-06-2011, 04:44 PM   #1265
shelleyz
DIS Veteran

First class mail. I just got mine, it has a date stamp, price, etc.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:18 AM   #1266
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
any one know or remember if DME sends the packets 1st Class mail? or some kind of bulk mail rate?
When did you book DME??? If you haven't gotten your packet yet, you may want to call DME just to make sure you are in their system.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:20 AM   #1267
Guzzi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleyz View Post
First class mail. I just got mine, it has a date stamp, price, etc.
Thanks Shelley

Old 07-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #1268
Guzzi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
When did you book DME??? If you haven't gotten your packet yet, you may want to call DME just to make sure you are in their system.
I booked our flights on June 29th, called DME on June 30th to arrange for the service. I spoke with DME on the 5th and they told me that the packet was mailed on June 30th.

So Ive got my fingers crossed that we will recive the packet today, tommorow or Sat for our flight sunday morning

Old 07-07-2011, 02:57 PM   #1269
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
I booked our flights on June 29th, called DME on June 30th to arrange for the service. I spoke with DME on the 5th and they told me that the packet was mailed on June 30th.

So Ive got my fingers crossed that we will recive the packet today, tommorow or Sat for our flight sunday morning
Wow...that's cutting it close. DME tells us they need 10 to process and mail your packet to you...the 10th day is your day of travel and a Sunday!!

If, for some reason, the packet doesn't get to you before you fly, don't worry. You can go to the DME counter and give them a description of your bags, how many there are, and the claim receipts for them. they will send someone to get them and get them to the resort for you. While you are at the counter, you can have new vouchers printed out for the bus ride as well. I've packed my vouchers in my checked bags in the past...after having a good laugh at my expense, they happily printed out vouchers for us.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:17 AM   #1270
Guzzi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Wow...that's cutting it close. DME tells us they need 10 to process and mail your packet to you...the 10th day is your day of travel and a Sunday!!

If, for some reason, the packet doesn't get to you before you fly, don't worry. You can go to the DME counter and give them a description of your bags, how many there are, and the claim receipts for them. they will send someone to get them and get them to the resort for you. While you are at the counter, you can have new vouchers printed out for the bus ride as well. I've packed my vouchers in my checked bags in the past...after having a good laugh at my expense, they happily printed out vouchers for us.
Yeah, we had planned on driving until I realized that I had miles on a capital one card that could cover some of the airfare and make it affordable.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:20 AM   #1271
Guzzi
DIS Veteran

It friday morning, two days, (one more day with mail service) and we havent recieved the packet yet, there is still hope and with a little luck the tags will come today or tommorow

Old 07-08-2011, 07:36 AM   #1272
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
It friday morning, two days, (one more day with mail service) and we havent recieved the packet yet, there is still hope and with a little luck the tags will come today or tommorow
Fingers crossed for you!! You'll have a great time in any case!!

Old 07-09-2011, 01:06 AM   #1273
Ochio
Mouseketeer

We just received a pin # for a "Free Upgrade" from Pop to a moderate. Our check in date is one week away. Of course we had already received our Magical Express luggage tags. When I asked the cm today about still being able to use them he said yes-that it didn't matter what resort name was on the tags, that they would scan the reservation number and the bags would be sent to my new resort. I'm really hesitant about this and am wondering if I should just retrieve my luggage and take it on the ME bus with me. Any thoughts?
Ochio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 06:59 AM   #1274
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochio View Post
We just received a pin # for a "Free Upgrade" from Pop to a moderate. Our check in date is one week away. Of course we had already received our Magical Express luggage tags. When I asked the cm today about still being able to use them he said yes-that it didn't matter what resort name was on the tags, that they would scan the reservation number and the bags would be sent to my new resort. I'm really hesitant about this and am wondering if I should just retrieve my luggage and take it on the ME bus with me. Any thoughts?
If you have the exact same reservation number, you're good to go. The wording on the tags isn't important...the bar code. If you didn't have a change in reservation number then the info related to that number will be available when it's scanned.
You can always cross out, carefully, the old resort name and write in the new one. But don't mess with the bar code at all.

Old 07-09-2011, 07:58 AM   #1275
happy2go2wdwmom
I love that great song!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ochio View Post
Oooh---how did you get your pin? Email? Mail? Sounds exciting! Which mod did you pick? I'd call DME just to double check but I am sure you are updated in their computer system. If it helps you feel better, you can cross out POP-Classic and AK on your tags and write in your resort and area. Great pixie dust!!
70's Fav ride 20,000 Leagues UTS; '03 June AKL-DF,DFH,DFS(4),DFS(5),MeDH, DS(4);'04 June HOJO'S Enchantedland-DH, DS(5), DSis (Eyeore) to WDW, Universal, SeaWorld; May '05 ASMo DDP--"OUR PERFECT DREAM COME TRUE VACATION" DH, DS(6); May '07 DDP-POP! w/ DH and DS(8)-SeaWorld;May '08 Free upgrade to CBR and PPP; April '09 Disney Wonder then Universal for SPRING BREAK-DH, DS(10),DF,DFH,DFS(9),DF(11); July '09 PC w/ DH and DS (10);May '10 CSR w/ $500 WDW gc w/DH & DS; Nov '10 PC w/ our middle schooler DS 11!! F&W, Festival of the Masters and "Christmas" at WDW and SW. July 20-26, '11 DS 12, DH (-63 lbs and counting) Y.E.S. Program, PC 5 day premium DQ, TL June 20-27, '12 First TEEN trip!!! DS and DH (-96 lbs and counting!) YES program and BG Tampa~Grabbing those quaility moments while we can! Feb. 22-25, '13 Sistah Tripping! DSis (54) and me (51), Pop Century - had res at CSR but extended stay at PC instead July 2013 - St. Pete Beach/Clearwater BG-Tampa Trip w/ DH and DS14 years old
June 2014-Universal trip w UAP and w DH and DS15--Portofino, Cabana Bay Resort, Hard Rock-club level!!!
happy2go2wdwmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: