Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2011, 07:57 AM   #1246
jara1528
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I do believe some people have done that. Just be careful if you decide to do that.....the info needs to be easily seen so they can scan it upon arrival. Be sure that all info is readily seen before you cut it in half.
Thanks for your quick reply! I'm off to finish packing!
Old 06-19-2011, 04:42 AM   #1247
MAYNARDS99
DIS Veteran

WDW to MCO via ME bus, but not flying out question

I want to use ME back to MCO, but will not be flying, just picking up a rental car for the rest of my trip.

What time should I say my "flight" is leaving, so that the ME bus gets me to the airport at 8AM?

Yacht Club DEC13
Beach Club concierge (suite upgrade) JAN13
Coronado Springs OCT11 & SEP12
Hilton Bonnet Creek, Royal Pacific (suite upgrade) AsMU SEP10
SSR 1 Bedroom SEP09 (free dining and upgrade)
Wilderness Lodge/Royal Pacific (concierge upgrade) SEP08
Grand Californian DEC07 (theme park view upgrade)
Port Orleans Riverside Alligator Bayou SEP05
Contemporary (MK view Tower Club upgrade) NOV03
Ritz-Carlton NOV03
Portofino Bay Hotel Deluxe NOV01
Polynesian (concierge upgrade) NOV99
Wilderness Lodge Deluxe OCT98
Off Site - Disneyland Paris JUL93
Off Site - WDW JAN88
Contemporary MK view Tower JUL74
MAYNARDS99 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-19-2011, 10:41 AM   #1248
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYNARDS99 View Post
I want to use ME back to MCO, but will not be flying, just picking up a rental car for the rest of my trip.

What time should I say my "flight" is leaving, so that the ME bus gets me to the airport at 8AM?
You will have to give them flight info for a flight leaving around 10:00. That will get you picked up around 7ish, which should get you to MCO by 7:30-7:45.
Or you can just tell them that you need to be there for 8:00 to get your rental car.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #1249
Guzzi
DIS Veteran

Any chance of getting my DME packet in 12 days?

well we waited too long to get our plane ressies for our flight on July 10, we were planning on driving, but I wimped out and decided against a 19 hour 1 1/2 day drive from Syracuse to WDW.

So as we are brand new DVC owners I called DVC MS and asked to add DME to our ressie. Spoke to a very nice cm who did the addition for me but said it takes 10 days to get the packet, so we may or maynot get the tags and documents in time. :

Has anyone ever added DME at the last minute and actually recieved your tags and packet, if so what time frame did you have? Just curious the CM explained the options I could use if we dont recieve the tags.

option 1, pick the bags up in luggage claim myself and bring them to DME

option 2, mark the bags consipcuously (suggested three colors) and bring the baggage claim tags to DME and describe the bags the CMs there.

Option 1 seems safer to me, anyone experience with option 2?

thanks for the info Disr's

Guzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 06:17 AM   #1250
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzi View Post
well we waited too long to get our plane ressies for our flight on July 10, we were planning on driving, but I wimped out and decided against a 19 hour 1 1/2 day drive from Syracuse to WDW.

So as we are brand new DVC owners I called DVC MS and asked to add DME to our ressie. Spoke to a very nice cm who did the addition for me but said it takes 10 days to get the packet, so we may or maynot get the tags and documents in time. :

Has anyone ever added DME at the last minute and actually recieved your tags and packet, if so what time frame did you have? Just curious the CM explained the options I could use if we dont recieve the tags.

option 1, pick the bags up in luggage claim myself and bring them to DME

option 2, mark the bags consipcuously (suggested three colors) and bring the baggage claim tags to DME and describe the bags the CMs there.

Option 1 seems safer to me, anyone experience with option 2?

thanks for the info Disr's
DME tells us that they need a minimum of 10 days to process your request and get your packet out to you. You may very well get your packet in time. You may want to call them (DME) to try to hurry along the process..sometimes that helps, sometimes it doesn't.
But, that being said...yes, many have not had their tags in time and were able to have DME collect their bags from baggage claim. Just put something recognizable on each bag (I have a bright turquiose blanket binding strip with Winnie-the-Pooh all over it, edged in lime green that I tie onto each piece of luggage!!!). Give them your claim receipts and they will note the numbers....then someone will collect the bags and send them along via the luggage truck.

But, if you feel safer getting the bags yourself, then go for it. Be prepared to tip the bus driver for baggage handling..as well as Bell Services at your resort if they take your bags.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:05 AM   #1251
DisMom72
Mouseketeer

Hi All! Just received our DME packet in the mail yesterday The names do not exactly match up to our party. They have my DH listed as Sr. and he is the III, and my DD is bringing a friend and they gave that friend our last name instead their own (The name is listed correctly on our reservation). Do I need to call Disney? Only 18 days (WOW) until we leave, not sure if it's enough time to get a new packet. Do the DME names have to match up exactly to the reservation to get on the bus Thanks so much for your help
DisMom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:57 AM   #1252
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMom72 View Post
Hi All! Just received our DME packet in the mail yesterday The names do not exactly match up to our party. They have my DH listed as Sr. and he is the III, and my DD is bringing a friend and they gave that friend our last name instead their own (The name is listed correctly on our reservation). Do I need to call Disney? Only 18 days (WOW) until we leave, not sure if it's enough time to get a new packet. Do the DME names have to match up exactly to the reservation to get on the bus Thanks so much for your help
I wouldn't worry about for your arrival. you could call the (DME) now to get the names corrected, but it shouldn't be a problem for arrival. it might be an issue for departure from your resort though.....if the names don't match the resort reservation.

Old 06-28-2011, 09:50 AM   #1253
DisMom72
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I wouldn't worry about for your arrival. you could call the (DME) now to get the names corrected, but it shouldn't be a problem for arrival. it might be an issue for departure from your resort though.....if the names don't match the resort reservation.
Thanks so much for the quick reply. I will call and have the names corrected. Thanks again for your help
DisMom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 12:55 PM   #1254
ChrisAlli
DIS Veteran

First time using DME, I got our vouchers and tags, however the flight information is missing for our return flight and the info for our arrival has the wrong time, it says 12am.

Does any of that matter. I don't need them to pull my luggage because we will only have a carryon, just need a bus ride to and from the BWV

Should I call and how do I find out our pick up time for return flight
Old 06-28-2011, 01:13 PM   #1255
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisAlli View Post
First time using DME, I got our vouchers and tags, however the flight information is missing for our return flight and the info for our arrival has the wrong time, it says 12am.

Does any of that matter. I don't need them to pull my luggage because we will only have a carryon, just need a bus ride to and from the BWV

Should I call and how do I find out our pick up time for return flight
DME only needs flight numbers to know what time your flights are. You may still see times (like 12am) on reservations but you don't need to tell DME what your arrival and departure times are -- they check the flight schedules.

If they do not have your return flight number, you just need to call to update them and ensure pickup. The day before you leave WDW you'll get a DME envelope at your resort listing your pickup time.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:44 AM   #1256
Humphrey53209
Mouseketeer

seperate DME packets?

I hope I explain this correctly. We have a family trip planned under the same BWV reservation- 2 bdrm. The problem is we all live in different parts of the country and are taking seperate flights with totally different arrival times. Can I reserve DME where each party gets their own DME packet or can we we each make our own DME arrangements and receive seperate packets that way?

Thanks for any help.
Humphrey53209
Humphrey53209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:45 AM   #1257
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey53209 View Post
I hope I explain this correctly. We have a family trip planned under the same BWV reservation- 2 bdrm. The problem is we all live in different parts of the country and are taking seperate flights with totally different arrival times. Can I reserve DME where each party gets their own DME packet or can we we each make our own DME arrangements and receive seperate packets that way?

Thanks for any help.
Humphrey53209
Nope. Only one person can be the lead person on a reservation...and that person then gets the packet with everyone's 'stuff' in it. It's a huge pain when a group is from all over, but to the best of my knowledge, DME only sends one packet out for each group.
But...the packets are usually in hand a month before travel...so you could mail out everyone's stuff to them as soon as you get the packet.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:40 AM   #1258
Humphrey53209
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Nope. Only one person can be the lead person on a reservation...and that person then gets the packet with everyone's 'stuff' in it. It's a huge pain when a group is from all over, but to the best of my knowledge, DME only sends one packet out for each group.
But...the packets are usually in hand a month before travel...so you could mail out everyone's stuff to them as soon as you get the packet.
So I could detach the stuff that just applies to their flights? The bar code stuff-right? I'm just going from memory (dangerous at my age) but is there anything else besides the bar codes I need to send them?

Thanks much,
Humphrey53209
Humphrey53209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 06:39 AM   #1259
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humphrey53209 View Post
So I could detach the stuff that just applies to their flights? The bar code stuff-right? I'm just going from memory (dangerous at my age) but is there anything else besides the bar codes I need to send them?

Thanks much,
Humphrey53209
In the packet will be a yellow luggage tag for each person and a travel voucher which will be scanned at the DME checkin area. You can detach each voucher and send it along with the appropriate yellow luggage tag to each person. You don't need to worry about the return travel stuff since you can give that to them when you all get there.
I have split our stuff up before when my dh and dd have traveled on different days than I did..no problem at all.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:40 AM   #1260
HoltDisney07
Mouseketeer

Our arrival flight is due in at 8:55pm (hoping it will be anyway). If our flight isn't late, will DME still deliver our bags that night to our hotel room, or will it be the next morning? I can't imagine us getting to our room before 11pm? We are staying at Pop. Any thoughts on a time line we can expect?

Thanks!
August '12 - Offsite (Silver Lake)
July/August '13 - POR
HoltDisney07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: