Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2010, 07:33 AM   #991
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney93 View Post
My questions are, will my plan work as outlined? Is SWA RAC up and running now at the BWV? How far in advance do we need to reserve DME? We have 3 reservations at Disney, how will they know which bags goes to which room? Can we collect our bags at the resort or do they have to deliver them? Thanks for all the great info from everyone.
No matter when different people land at MCO, if you all show up at the DME area together and you're all going to the same resort then you'll all be in the same bus. On your arrival day, no one is pre-assigned to a specific bus for a specific time. It's just like, you show up and you are shown to a bus queue and you wait for the next bus to your destination.

SWA will be part of all resorts' RAC any day now (I'm not familiar with the exact roll-out schedule), but it will certainly be done by the time you will be there, so no worries about that.

It is precisely because you have 3 reservations that DME will know which bags go to which rooms on arrival day. Each reservation will be sent DME tags. Each DME tag is personalized with each person's/each reservation's info (both in writing and in a barcode). Since your party is actually 3 separate reservations, it will be very easy for them to know which bags to put in which rooms, in the same way that when I show up with only one reservation they know to put my bags into my room and not your room, if you can follow what I'm trying to say.

If you put the yellow DME tag on a piece of luggage, you won't have access to it until you see it inside your resort room; delivery is supposed to occur within 3 hours of your check-in at your resort, and is done whether you are in the room or not. Therefore, it would be totally impossible for you to arrive at your resort and then ask them to immediately hand-over your luggage ... you probably arrived at your resort before your bags did.

If you need immediate access to your checked bags, then your only choice is to leave the DME tags off of the bags you need and collect them yourself at baggage claim.

Did I answer all of your questions?
Old 04-04-2010, 08:39 AM   #992
Disney93
Another Disney Fan

Thanks CleveRocks

So if I'm understanding you correctly, each reservation needs to request the tags independently. Also the reason for wanting to get our own bags at the resort is because we don't get into MCO until about 9:30pm. If it takes 3 hours to get the bags it's going to be pretty late before we get them. One more thing you might answer for me, does the number of bags have to match the number of people riding the DME? Thanks again.
Disney93 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2010, 02:05 PM   #993
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
This site has been great reading but haven't found anyone with our exact plans. We are visiting Disney in late October, there is a total of 10 of us including a baby. We are using DME for 7 members and getting 3 rental cars. We are taking some of the bags in the cars and checking the rest on DME. We know that DME is not a luggage transport service and plan on using their service for some of the bags. When returning, we all will use DME, we are returning the cars the night before at the Swan. One member of our group will arrive at MCO 20 minutes before us. We are all flying SWA so we plan on having him wait until we get there so we can all go to the DME counter together. By doing this, we should be on the same bus. My questions are, will my plan work as outlined? Is SWA RAC up and running now at the BWV? How far in advance do we need to reserve DME? We have 3 reservations at Disney, how will they know which bags goes to which room? Can we collect our bags at the resort or do they have to deliver them? Thanks for all the great info from everyone.
Quote:
So if I'm understanding you correctly, each reservation needs to request the tags independently. Also the reason for wanting to get our own bags at the resort is because we don't get into MCO until about 9:30pm. If it takes 3 hours to get the bags it's going to be pretty late before we get them. One more thing you might answer for me, does the number of bags have to match the number of people riding the DME? Thanks again.
Yes, each 'lead' person on each reservation needs to make a reservation for DME....do it about 2-3 months in advance. That way you won't forget to do it. You can actually do it now. Just call whomever you booked your room with and they can add DME to your reservations.
As far as picking up your own bags..you can try. The issue is that you won't know exactly when the bags get to BWV..they may get there quickly after you do, or they could be held up for a few hours. I would pack anything you are going to need, for that night and the next morning, in any bags that you check but don't tag with the yellow DME tags.
Your bag numbers don't have to match who is on the bus...DME just doesn't care. When you get to the DME counter, you may very well be asked how many bags were checked...you need to be able to tell them how many were tagged. They won't know, or care, how many bags each person tagged. They just need to know the total number to watch for.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:09 AM   #994
Disney93
Another Disney Fan

Smile Thanks Goofy4Tink

Thanks for your help, I think I'll make our reservations for DME now. That way if we have a problem with tags I'll have time to fix it. We have made over a dozen trips to WDW and this is the first time using the bus service. It might also sound silly getting 3 rental cars but we actually save over $600.00 doing it that way. We plan on taking a couple bags in each car so having the things we need for the next day isn't a problem. We plan on a 10 day visit and coming from Washington State you can imagine how much luggage we have with 5 kids and 4 adults plus golf clubs. Thanks for your help
Disney93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:01 PM   #995
Deffenm
DIS Veteran

How soon before your trip do you get your DME packet with your tags? I can't seem to remember and I want to make sure my DH didn't misplace them as he gets the mail.
DD (10)

May 2005 - AsMov
Sept. 2006 - POP
Sept. 2007 - POR
Aug. 2008 - AKL
June. 2010 - CBR (Grand Gathering)
April 2012 - POP
Oct. 2014 - POP
Deffenm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 01:44 PM   #996
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffenm View Post
How soon before your trip do you get your DME packet with your tags? I can't seem to remember and I want to make sure my DH didn't misplace them as he gets the mail.
Usually about 4 weeks before departure.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #997
StephyDee
One day the tag fairy will pity me enough to give me an awesome tag. Until then?.....BACON AND DUCKS! >:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deffenm View Post
My trip's on May 28th, and I literally got my DME packet today. Comes with a booklet and my yellow tags just like everyone else has said. The booklet contains a lot of useful info, such as a map of MCO, travel tips, as well as your transportation vouchers, so make sure not to lose it!

It's like a sudden reminder, when you get your packet, that your trip is very soon. It makes me all giddy now!

The envelope is plain white with the DME logo on the far left corner. It's hard to miss.

My Ultimate Dream: To see Walt Disney World during Christmas time...and not worry about how much it costs to reach that dream...*sigh*
StephyDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:45 AM   #998
simzac
DIS Veteran
Watched over by the Tag Fairy

Recieved our tags about a week ago. Only got one tag per person vs. the 2 pp we got in the past. Is this a change in procedure? TIA
simzac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:24 AM   #999
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simzac View Post
Recieved our tags about a week ago. Only got one tag per person vs. the 2 pp we got in the past. Is this a change in procedure? TIA
When the airlines started charging for checked bags, DME figured that most people wouldn't be taking two checked bags anymore. So, in order to keep costs down, they started sending only one yellow tag per person. If you find that you need more than that, you can call DME and request more. They are happy to send them out.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:20 PM   #1000
SnowWhite33
DIS Veteran

Sorry if this is a repeat question...

and I'm sure it is

Tonight we decided to switch from Pop to POR for our June 7th trip, I told the CM that I had already received my ME packet and would need a replacement one so that we would have new luggage tags to go to the right resort.

She told me to just mark out Pop and put POR and that when it was scanned in it would come up the right way- that doesn't sound anywhere close to right to me

We are far enough out that they should be able to get new tags to us right?

Should I just call the number in the ME booklet and get it sorted out with them?

One more thing-we are moving to the Poly after 2 nights, can I just arrange our trip back to MCO once we get there or will I need to do that prior to our trip down?

TIA
Old 05-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #1001
angwill
I just want to live at WDW!

She is right and ME will tell you the same thing. When I had a ME tag printed wrong I was told to just cross out the bad info and put in the good. As long as they change it in the computer the bar code will come up with the correct info for where to deliver it. The one time I had to change my tag my luggage showed up the fastest. Then there was the time the tag was correct and my luggage ended up lost at another Disney resort for over 24 hours.

I am not sure about the second question because you would get a return tag in your ME booklet if they know about the return flight but they also leave a hang tag on your door handle the morning before departure with a print out showing the info for your return flight and showing that to the driver works too. I would call as soon as you can just to be safe.

Have a great trip.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:32 AM   #1002
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Yes, you can just cross out the old resort and write in the new one...but you don't have to even do that. I never have. All the resort info is in the bar code...as long as you kept the same reservation number. When you cross out the old and write in the new, be careful not to mark any of that bar code..that will mess up your luggage delivery.

You have two choices for your return trip. If you end up going to the DME counter, to checkin upon arrival at MCO, you can give them all the departure information at that time. Or, you can just wait until you get to the Polynesian and do it when you checkin there. Since you'll only be there for two nights, I would do it as soon as possible..right at checkin. Otherwise you may forget.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:52 AM   #1003
SnowWhite33
DIS Veteran

Thank you, wow, that is news to me!

I was thinking that a baggage person would just see the tags with the AK(I assume that means AK area resort) on them and just put them in that pile-I forget what an automated world we live in now. And I also forget that it is Disney.

Just in case I'm going to still pack everyone an extra outfit for the next day in the carry on-our flight doesn't get in until around 7:30PM so if our bags end up at Pop for a few hours we'll still be ok.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #1004
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowWhite33 View Post
Thank you, wow, that is news to me!

I was thinking that a baggage person would just see the tags with the AK(I assume that means AK area resort) on them and just put them in that pile-I forget what an automated world we live in now. And I also forget that it is Disney.

Just in case I'm going to still pack everyone an extra outfit for the next day in the carry on-our flight doesn't get in until around 7:30PM so if our bags end up at Pop for a few hours we'll still be ok.
Always a good idea to pack your carry-ons like that, anyway!

If it makes you feel better, you can cross out the "AK" and write in "DD." POR is in the DD zone for Disney's Magical Express.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:31 AM   #1005
nancyoliver23
Earning My Ears

We always carry a bag with an extra pair of essentials for all, so that the rest of the luggage can be left to DME . It usually does turn up within 3 hours but the one time it took longer, we really weren’t stranded as we had what we needed with us without the bother of lugging around bigger bags.
nancyoliver23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: