Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2009, 05:00 PM   #931
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Princess 71 View Post
Thanks, I totally agree my agent dropped the ball. I just called DME myself and they told me my TA never gave them the info of my reservation, and she confirmed that they do NOT need flight info to send the ME vouchers and tags! So when I called my TA he told me that is not true and I said I don't want to argue about it, just take care of it (DME couldn't mail me the tags without the TA's written permission, otherwise the tags would go to them first). I am mad because my TA should just admit he was wrong, I've used him before and like i said I usually drive to Disney and I still get the ME tags, so clearly he just dropped the ball here on this trip and should have said something.
Yikes ... you usually drive??? I live on the island just north of yours, and I don't even like driving as far as Castaway Cove to take my kids on those rides, let alone to Florida!!!

It is curious that you've received DME tags in the past, however. I say this because DME isn't automatically included with your resort reservation. You must opt-in for DME. In other words, DME is available to you because you're a resort guest, but you must make a DME reservation in order to use DME and receive the DME materials.

When you say you've received tags before, are you talking about long yellow sticky paper tags with a lot of personalized information pre-printed on them (your name, resort name, reservation #, etc.)? Or are you possibly talking about the decorative, hard-plastic luggage tags that we receive as a perk of booking a package (as opposed to a room-only reservation)? Those hard-plastic, credit-card sized, decorative tags are NOT Disney's Magical Express tags. Just checking ....
Old 12-08-2009, 04:19 PM   #932
emh1129
I admit, though, that I had Disney-tunnel-vision
Had a fish named mushroom
Most of the people here are completely clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytieeldr View Post
Seven days from today is only Thursday. It's always possible they'll arrive sooner. On the off-chance you leave before the tags arrive, the 'show your claim check at the counter' method has worked every (as far as I know) time it's been used in the last four and a half years.
Thanks for the info.
As it turns out, Disney sent it UPS 2-day Airmail and we received the extra luggage tags today. It was a nice surprise

emh1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-09-2009, 05:41 PM   #933
wannago2disney
Mouseketeer

we received our luggage tags today!

however, I do have a question. Our ME info does not list our flight info. I called and gave the info way back in september after we booked our flight but our vouchers say: "no flight information available". Do I need to call again?

Offsite 1992 ASMusic 2004 Pop Jan 2008Pop Jan 2010Pop Jan 2012
wannago2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 05:55 PM   #934
emh1129
I admit, though, that I had Disney-tunnel-vision
Had a fish named mushroom
Most of the people here are completely clueless

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannago2disney View Post
we received our luggage tags today!

however, I do have a question. Our ME info does not list our flight info. I called and gave the info way back in september after we booked our flight but our vouchers say: "no flight information available". Do I need to call again?
I think it couldn't hurt. I called a ME a few months back when we booked our flights and gave them the info. But when I called for some extra luggage tags, she told me they didn't have our flight info So I gave it to them again.

emh1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:46 PM   #935
wannago2disney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by emh1129 View Post
I think it couldn't hurt. I called a ME a few months back when we booked our flights and gave them the info. But when I called for some extra luggage tags, she told me they didn't have our flight info So I gave it to them again.
OK thanks. That's good to know. Last time we went we didn't even get the ME package so we were really excited that we got it this time! But hey, they say at least 1 thing goes wrong every vacation and if this is all I need to deal with I will gladly take it!

Tosh

Offsite 1992 ASMusic 2004 Pop Jan 2008Pop Jan 2010Pop Jan 2012
wannago2disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:06 AM   #936
TreesyB
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emh1129 View Post
Thanks for the info.
As it turns out, Disney sent it UPS 2-day Airmail and we received the extra luggage tags today. It was a nice surprise
That's weird, I asked them to send our luggage tags by courier as I leave tomorrow for Florida and won't be home to receive them, and they said they don't courier luggage tags anymore!
BCV - 2011 New Years
OKW/SSR-2010 New YearsBoardwalk Villas 2009 just one night
SSR-2008 Xmas BCV -2008 - F&W
BCV/SSR -2008 - NYE! BCV -2007 - so amazing!
SSR-2007 x3 - so awesome! Contemporary Resort -2006
Animal Kingdom Lodge - 2003
TreesyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:17 AM   #937
somethingblue
Mouseketeer

Can anyone answer this question?

I am planning a trip for May of next year. My boyfriend's father works for Delta and so we can get "buddy passes" for cheap, which is when you take the seats on a plane that aren't taken due to people not showing up or tickets not being sold. My question is...is there anyway that I could book ME with an estimated time and then call them when I know what time I'll actually be landing in Orlando? Either explaining the situation or saying that the plane has been delayed? Or should I just shell out for a Mears shuttle
somethingblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:32 AM   #938
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by somethingblue View Post
Can anyone answer this question?

I am planning a trip for May of next year. My boyfriend's father works for Delta and so we can get "buddy passes" for cheap, which is when you take the seats on a plane that aren't taken due to people not showing up or tickets not being sold. My question is...is there anyway that I could book ME with an estimated time and then call them when I know what time I'll actually be landing in Orlando? Either explaining the situation or saying that the plane has been delayed? Or should I just shell out for a Mears shuttle
It won't be an issue. Just make the reservation and tell them you haven't booked your air yet. They don't need to know when you are arriving. All bags with yellow tags get pulled automatically...as long as it isn't between 10pm and 7am.
You aren't assigned a particular bus, so you can show up at any time and get on a bus. The only issue you will have is going home. DME does need a specific flight in order to get you picked up on time.
goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:54 AM   #939
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

Alright -

1) we leave 2/5 - when should I start thinking about calling them because we didn't get them? Meaning, how long should I go before I call and ask if they have been sent?

2) there are 6 of us - 2 rooms. Both rooms I booked, but my nanny and her sister are in the other room. Will their tags be sent to them or to me? Just want to tell her to be on the lookout if they are coming to her!

3) we booked through DU - will the tags go to them first then, or right to me?

Thanks!

Cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2009, 11:04 AM   #940
yellownovawife
Was Belle on the Global Girls Team and a Great Teamleader

I only received 1 tag for each of us. How do I get more?
1998 - land & sea -Contemporary and Disney Magic
2002 - WDW - off property - DD#2's 1st trip
2003 - WDW - one day only (in the middle of a cruise)
2007 - WDW -Sheraton Vistana - 4 days-Disney Wonder - 4 nights-ASMo - 1 night

2010 - WDW-BWV 7 nights
me - the happy planner DH - along for the ride DD15 DD10 our puppy, DISNEY

yellownovawife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:45 PM   #941
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota! View Post
Alright -

1) we leave 2/5 - when should I start thinking about calling them because we didn't get them? Meaning, how long should I go before I call and ask if they have been sent?

2) there are 6 of us - 2 rooms. Both rooms I booked, but my nanny and her sister are in the other room. Will their tags be sent to them or to me? Just want to tell her to be on the lookout if they are coming to her!

3) we booked through DU - will the tags go to them first then, or right to me?

Thanks!

Cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1. You should expect your DME packet to arrive anytime now..usually get sent out 4-5 weeks before trip departure. If you go 2 weeks, from now, without seeing them, then call DME to be sure they have your info.
2. The packet, with tags and vouchers, get sent to the primary person on the reservation...that would be you. You made the reservations, you will get the packet.
3. I have had it done both ways. I believe that now, DU is having the packet sent directly to the guest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellownovawife View Post
I only received 1 tag for each of us. How do I get more?
Call DME, number is in the packet, and request more tags.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #942
yellownovawife
Was Belle on the Global Girls Team and a Great Teamleader

wow - that was so easy - they were so friendly - more tags are on the way to us and I am really excited!
1998 - land & sea -Contemporary and Disney Magic
2002 - WDW - off property - DD#2's 1st trip
2003 - WDW - one day only (in the middle of a cruise)
2007 - WDW -Sheraton Vistana - 4 days-Disney Wonder - 4 nights-ASMo - 1 night

2010 - WDW-BWV 7 nights
me - the happy planner DH - along for the ride DD15 DD10 our puppy, DISNEY

yellownovawife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:11 PM   #943
goofy4tink
Likes little devils

DISboards Moderator

Excellent!
Old 12-30-2009, 04:53 PM   #944
*~PrincessBelle~*
DIS Veteran

I have recieved all my DME stuff in the mail...but I have made a last minute change from POP to WL ..when I called to ask for new tags for my luggage ( I really don't want my bags going to POP by accident) she told me to just cross off POP with a sharpie and write Wilderness Lodge and my bags will find it to the right place....this makes me a little nervous..anyone else have experience with doing this??? TIA
*~PrincessBelle~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:54 PM   #945
CleveRocks
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by *~PrincessBelle~* View Post
I have recieved all my DME stuff in the mail...but I have made a last minute change from POP to WL ..when I called to ask for new tags for my luggage ( I really don't want my bags going to POP by accident) she told me to just cross off POP with a sharpie and write Wilderness Lodge and my bags will find it to the right place....this makes me a little nervous..anyone else have experience with doing this??? TIA
This is the standard way things are done, and we've never read of any problems from the many people who've followed this procedure.

The most important part of the tag is the barcode; the barcode is the computer-language version of your Disney resort reservation number. The barcode is scanned, and they get your reservation info ... they know where you're staying and thus where the bags need to go to. Your reservation number didn't change. So when your barcode is scanned, your bags will be routed to Wilderness Lodge.

They want you to cross out Pop so that a helpful CM doesn't see your Pop-tagged bag in the area for WL bags, and then does what he thinks is the right thing by grabbing your bags out of the WL area and putting them into the Pop area. I hope that makes sense.

So yes, carefully cross out Pop Century, and write in Wilderness Lodge. if it makes you feel any better, you can also cross out the letters "AK" from inside the Mickey head and write in (next to it) "MK" instead.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: